Question for Towshab

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 214 total)
  • Author
    acertainchap
    Participant

A foreshadowing of my Messiah in Numbers 21:8-9? I have to admit that it is a possibility; with those two verses being compared to John 3:14 and all. :)

Towshab
    Participant

That's not foreshadowing, that's taking and applying passages out of context. The GT is rife with such.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    How could you expound on such if you do not believe the OT so have nothing to compare it with?

Towshab
    Participant

Hey Nick,

You might want to buff the scratches out of your CD, it keeps skipping and repeating itself.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Towshab,
    Towshab means stranger.
    We were warned about listening to the voice of strangers.
    Their strident accusations could distract from listening to the voice of the shepherd.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 15 2008,16:45)
    Hi Towshab,
    Towshab means stranger.
    We were warned about listening to the voice of strangers.
    Their strident accusations could distract from listening to the voice of the shepherd.

Num 35:15  These six cities shall be for refuge for the people of Israel, and for the stranger and for the sojourner (“towshab”) among them, that anyone who kills any person without intent may flee there.

Psa 39:12  “Hear my prayer, O LORD, and give ear to my cry; hold not your peace at my tears! For I am a sojourner (“towshab”) with you, a guest, like all my fathers.

1Ch 29:14  “But who am I, and what is my people, that we should be able thus to offer willingly? For all things come from you, and of your own have we given you.
    1Ch 29:15  For we are strangers before you and sojourners (“towshab”), as all our fathers were. Our days on the earth are like a shadow, and there is no abiding.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    Nonetheless you speak with the unbelieving voice of a stranger,
    one who would not be welcome as a sojourner with the sincere believing Jews.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 15 2008,17:13)
    Hi Tow,
    Nonetheless you speak with the unbelieving voice of a stranger,
    one who would not be welcome as a sojourner with the sincere believing Jews.

Some sects, you are right. But let us not forget about Reform Judaism and Reconstructionist. I would likely be welcomed as a convert to one of these should I earnestly pursue it.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tow,
    You have shown how the disunity noted here is familiar territory for you too
    And what would be the advantage of joining one of these varied walks?
    Do they go anywhere useful or just further into the swamp of disbelief?

Towshab
    Participant

Gee, I don't know. But they don't brag about an indwelling of the holy spirit, which is supposed to unite believers. Real life refutes this most fallacious claim.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tow,
    Have you met any of the remnant or just observed the church of the world?

Towshab
    Participant

I've met you virtually. What miracles have you done?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tow,
    The Lord has done some little things through me but other servants are more fruitful.

Towshab
    Participant

Any examples? Ones that can be verified as raising dead people or healing folks? Benny Hinn?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tow,
    Are you serious?
    Do you think anyone should share their precious walk with the Lord with You?
    Your spectacular abuse of God, His servants and His precious words makes you an endangered species.
    No one would be foolish enough to offer a spiritual oaf such as yourself anything more valuable than Harry Potter's latest book
    and that too would be questionable.

Stu
    Participant

Sheesh Towhsab, we believe in sharing the message of our saviour, but there are limits, you oaf!

What do you take us for, some kind of meek, loving, forgiving, peaceloving other cheek-turners?

Boy did you get that wrong, you oaf!

How's my mockery? Phone 001 666 3:16

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

Who would entrust treasures to those who respect nothing?
    Why should we help them to trample them underfoot?
    They should take their hatred of God elsewhere.

Stu
    Participant

I find it hard to hate things that are figments of others' imaginations. If the Judeo-christian god did exist, there would be room for outrage then.

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    Then why do you bother coming here if what we speak of is fantasy to you?
    Surely true reality calls you elsewhere?
    Do you have an evil agenda
    Or are you just bored?

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 16 2008,20:20)
    Hi Stu,
    Then why do you bother coming here if what we speak of is fantasy to you?
    Surely true reality calls you elsewhere?
    Do you have an evil agenda
    Or are you just bored?

'Evil' is your judgement. Perhaps the original reason I posted here, to defend science against creationist lies, (it doesn't need defending, but ignorance is no excuse to believe mythology to the detriment of how we do science, and what is taught in schools) has nearly disappeared here. As the activity in t8's evolution thread has stopped being about evolution, it would seem that people have had the honesty to realise that there is no good argument against Darwin, and that he was fundamentally right about the fact of evolution explained by the Theory of Natural Selection.

Of course the fantasy, more specifically how people become so attached to it sometimes at the expense of personal relationships and other normal human activities, is completely fascinating. Perhaps I am addicted to the fascination of the nature of the fantasy more than people here are to the fantasy itself. Actually, I couldn't possibly be!

Stuart

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 214 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account