Question for Towshab

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 214 total)
  • Author
    Stu
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 10 2008,14:32)
    I haven't really researched it that much to be honest Stu. Why? Cause it means nothing to my personal every day life. The difference between you and me? I believe in a G-d, you don't. Beyond that, you and I are fellow humans (though you are rather ugly according to your avatar).

:(

TimothyVI
    Participant

I haven't really researched it that much to be honest Stu. Why? Cause it means nothing to my personal every day life. The difference between you and me? I believe in a G-d, you don't. Beyond that, you and I are fellow humans (though you are rather ugly according to your avatar).

Aw come on tow.
    I think that he is cute.

Tim

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Jan. 10 2008,18:00)

:(

You are sort of cute STU! :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 09 2008,21:14)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 09 2008,00:53)

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 09 2008,15:43)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 08 2008,22:03)
    Hi Tow,
    Why are you so bitter against God?
    What caused this deep darkness?

Are you confused? Do you mean SOL here? I have no bitterness against G-d, not even the fictional Jesus. The historical Jesus was probably just a confused fella who had a bad home life judging by his disdain for family, but that just makes him human like the rest of us wit hour multitude of shortcomings.

Hi Tow,
    No you have rejected the scriptural basis of faith.

Sorry, but faith based on words on paper is a hollow faith. The life insurance policy written on paper won't keep me from dying, nor will the words written in the bible “save” me.

If that was all then you would be one of many who never found the fountain of life..

The fountain of life comes from the bible? Even the bible disagrees with you.

Psa 36:9  For with you is the fountain of life; in your light do we see light.

David knew who the fountain of life was. He knew while he was a shepherd in the fields. David didn't need to carry a bible around with him to reassure himself.

But with nothing to gain and nothing to back yourself you come here to damage the faith of the little ones.
    That speaks of a pretty deep grudge.

I am not come here to damage real faith. Real faith should be able to stand up to what I present. Shallow faith with no foundation however will likely falter. I don't apologize for that though because I see Christianity as a false religion that detracts from G-d.

Hi tow,
    The vessel of Christ brought God's waters of life to men.
    David as a prophet was anointed with this anointing.
    You may not rely of the bible but it is wise to.

Towshab
    Participant

Why? Because you say so? Why is your opinion greater than mine?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tow,
    Scripture is the wisdom of God.

Luke 11:49
    Therefore also said the wisdom of God, I will send them prophets and apostles, and some of them they shall slay and persecute:

Is there something better to study?

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 10 2008,20:29)
    Hi tow,
    Scripture is the wisdom of God.

Luke 11:49
    Therefore also said the wisdom of God, I will send them prophets and apostles, and some of them they shall slay and persecute:

Is there something better to study?

Were all prophets recorded in scripture?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    No.
    But the ones who were God gave to us.

Towshab
    Participant

The prophets were G-d? How many gods do you have Nick?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tow,
    Their recorded words were His.
    Is not God amazing?

Towshab
    Participant

Yes but what makes you so certain that anyone after 100 or so BCE gave the true words of G-d?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tow,
    As soon as I find a piece of the glorious jigsaw puzzle that does not belong in the box I will let you know.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 10 2008,21:17)
    Hi tow,
    As soon as I find a piece of the glorious jigsaw puzzle that does not belong in the box I will let you know.

Truly? The you DO accept Koran, Book of Mormon, and the varous Bahai writings then?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tow,
    They certainly do not fit.
    Especially the bizarre book of mormon.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 11 2008,15:05)
    Hi tow,

I'm sure even that would fit if you bent it as much as christian apologists bend their literally true but mysteriously reinterpretable scriptures

Stuart

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 10 2008,22:05)
    Hi tow,

Why not? They are written. There are many more religious texts that are written whose authors claim divine inspiration. Why do you not believe them?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tow,
    There are many foods offered to men around the world that you might find repugnant.
    The bread of the Lord is such good food.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    I love this guy from Jn9
    1And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth.

2And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?

3Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.

4I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.

5As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.

6When he had thus spoken, he spat on the ground, and made clay of the spittle, and he anointed the eyes of the blind man with the clay,

7And said unto him, Go, wash in the pool of Siloam, (which is by interpretation, Sent.) He went his way therefore, and washed, and came seeing.

8The neighbours therefore, and they which before had seen him that he was blind, said, Is not this he that sat and begged?

9Some said, This is he: others said, He is like him: but he said, I am he.

10Therefore said they unto him, How were thine eyes opened?

11He answered and said, A man that is called Jesus made clay, and anointed mine eyes, and said unto me, Go to the pool of Siloam, and wash: and I went and washed, and I received sight.

12Then said they unto him, Where is he? He said, I know not.

13They brought to the Pharisees him that aforetime was blind.

14And it was the sabbath day when Jesus made the clay, and opened his eyes.

15Then again the Pharisees also asked him how he had received his sight. He said unto them, He put clay upon mine eyes, and I washed, and do see.

16Therefore said some of the Pharisees, This man is not of God, because he keepeth not the sabbath day. Others said, How can a man that is a sinner do such miracles? And there was a division among them.

17They say unto the blind man again, What sayest thou of him, that he hath opened thine eyes? He said, He is a prophet.

18But the Jews did not believe concerning him, that he had been blind, and received his sight, until they called the parents of him that had received his sight.

19And they asked them, saying, Is this your son, who ye say was born blind? how then doth he now see?

20His parents answered them and said, We know that this is our son, and that he was born blind:

21But by what means he now seeth, we know not; or who hath opened his eyes, we know not: he is of age; ask him: he shall speak for himself.

22These words spake his parents, because they feared the Jews: for the Jews had agreed already, that if any man did confess that he was Christ, he should be put out of the synagogue.

23Therefore said his parents, He is of age; ask him.

24Then again called they the man that was blind, and said unto him, Give God the praise: we know that this man is a sinner.

25He answered and said, Whether he be a sinner or no, I know not: one thing I know, that, whereas I was blind, now I see.

26Then said they to him again, What did he to thee? how opened he thine eyes?

27He answered them, I have told you already, and ye did not hear: wherefore would ye hear it again? will ye also be his disciples?

28Then they reviled him, and said, Thou art his disciple; but we are Moses' disciples.

29We know that God spake unto Moses: as for this fellow, we know not from whence he is.

30The man answered and said unto them, Why herein is a marvellous thing, that ye know not from whence he is, and yet he hath opened mine eyes.

31Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.

32Since the world began was it not heard that any man opened the eyes of one that was born blind.

33If this man were not of God, he could do nothing

He was no expert.
    The experts said that Jesus was a sinner and thus what the man claimed Jesus had done was not possible.
    They had the problem and not the ignorant man who was born blind who just knew he had been healed.
    God attested to who Jesus was in signs and wonders.

Acts 2
    22Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:

23Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:

24Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 11 2008,11:35)
    Hi tow,
    There are many foods offered to men around the world that you might find repugnant.
    The bread of the Lord is such good food.

Yet the Tanakh and the GT are different foods. Tanakh is a nicely prepared filet mignon, the GT is potted meat.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 11 2008,15:17)
    Hi Tow,
    I love this guy from Jn9
    1And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth.

2And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?

3Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.

4I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.

5As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.

6When he had thus spoken, he spat on the ground, and made clay of the spittle, and he anointed the eyes of the blind man with the clay,

7And said unto him, Go, wash in the pool of Siloam, (which is by interpretation, Sent.) He went his way therefore, and washed, and came seeing.

8The neighbours therefore, and they which before had seen him that he was blind, said, Is not this he that sat and begged?

9Some said, This is he: others said, He is like him: but he said, I am he.

10Therefore said they unto him, How were thine eyes opened?

11He answered and said, A man that is called Jesus made clay, and anointed mine eyes, and said unto me, Go to the pool of Siloam, and wash: and I went and washed, and I received sight.

12Then said they unto him, Where is he? He said, I know not.

13They brought to the Pharisees him that aforetime was blind.

14And it was the sabbath day when Jesus made the clay, and opened his eyes.

15Then again the Pharisees also asked him how he had received his sight. He said unto them, He put clay upon mine eyes, and I washed, and do see.

16Therefore said some of the Pharisees, This man is not of God, because he keepeth not the sabbath day. Others said, How can a man that is a sinner do such miracles? And there was a division among them.

17They say unto the blind man again, What sayest thou of him, that he hath opened thine eyes? He said, He is a prophet.

18But the Jews did not believe concerning him, that he had been blind, and received his sight, until they called the parents of him that had received his sight.

19And they asked them, saying, Is this your son, who ye say was born blind? how then doth he now see?

20His parents answered them and said, We know that this is our son, and that he was born blind:

21But by what means he now seeth, we know not; or who hath opened his eyes, we know not: he is of age; ask him: he shall speak for himself.

22These words spake his parents, because they feared the Jews: for the Jews had agreed already, that if any man did confess that he was Christ, he should be put out of the synagogue.

23Therefore said his parents, He is of age; ask him.

24Then again called they the man that was blind, and said unto him, Give God the praise: we know that this man is a sinner.

25He answered and said, Whether he be a sinner or no, I know not: one thing I know, that, whereas I was blind, now I see.

26Then said they to him again, What did he to thee? how opened he thine eyes?

27He answered them, I have told you already, and ye did not hear: wherefore would ye hear it again? will ye also be his disciples?

28Then they reviled him, and said, Thou art his disciple; but we are Moses' disciples.

29We know that God spake unto Moses: as for this fellow, we know not from whence he is.

30The man answered and said unto them, Why herein is a marvellous thing, that ye know not from whence he is, and yet he hath opened mine eyes.

31Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.

32Since the world began was it not heard that any man opened the eyes of one that was born blind.

33If this man were not of God, he could do nothing

He was no expert.
    The experts said that Jesus was a sinner and thus what the man claimed Jesus had done was not possible.
    They had the problem and not the ignorant man who was born blind who just knew he had been healed.
    God attested to who Jesus was in signs and wonders.

Acts 2
    22Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:

23Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:

24Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.

I'm impressed Nick. You're still trying to prove Harry Potter with Harry Potter.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 214 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account