Question for Stu

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 21 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Towshab
    Participant

Can't be sure but either way, it was written by someone with an obvious grudge. Would you accept the “revelation” of a prison inmate? Basically what John was at this time.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    The pile of shredded scripture gets bigger by the day.
    Which is strange since your knowledge of the Son of God comes from this material
    Why do you have any interest in publicly denying the Saviour when you have nothing to gain by doing so?

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 09 2008,17:59)
    Hi Tow,
    The pile of shredded scripture gets bigger by the day.
    Which is strange since your knowledge of the Son of God comes from this material
    Why do you have any interest in publicly denying the Saviour when you have nothing to gain by doing so?

When it can be shown that the tenets of a fundametalist system of belief are questionable, everyone benefits from the letting in of a little light of uncertainty. Although you won't be able to see it, a bit of doubt brings the poles together and makes the place safer.

Just imagine if Middle Eastern Jews and Muslims could see eachother as human beings and not mutually as the scum of the earth who they are sure has everything wrong and are bound for hell.

Stuart

Not3in1
    Participant

Hi Stu,

I was wondering, do you have any “spiritual” practices that you engage in? Not necessarily Christian or any other religion, but just universal appreciation or ? This is a personal question so of course feel free to tell me to buzz off. For instance, I have a friend that doesn't pray at each meal but she does thank the earth for giving up it's bounty. I have another friend who practices yoga and meditation.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Jan. 12 2008,17:16)
    Hi Stu,

I was wondering, do you have any “spiritual” practices that you engage in?  Not necessarily Christian or any other religion, but just universal appreciation or ?  This is a personal question so of course feel free to tell me to buzz off.  For instance, I have a friend that doesn't pray at each meal but she does thank the earth for giving up it's bounty.  I have another friend who practices yoga and meditation.

It really depends on what you mean by spiritual.

There are works of music that astonish me with the great beauty they are able to communicate; wondering about the nature of why I see beauty at all is in itself a 'spiritual' experience. I reflect on the extrordinary fact that I was born at all, and the ways in which I can make best use of the tiny part of the universe's history that I will have to wonder about it; the very nature of the great range of things that humans have in common, and particularly the discovery and expression of them shown by children, which is awe-inspiring; the fascinating challenge that we have simply trying to fathom others of our species, let alone members of other species; the whole question of whether there is any better aspiration than maximising happiness for as many as possible; the extent to which both order and chaos happen in the universe and the surprising simplicity we uncover in our attempts to accurately describe and explain what we observe; the experiences I have as a human of the fascinating combination of my reptilian brain and my 'human' neocortex brain leaving me able to respond with reflexes but also love, nurture, grieve and at the same time look forwards and make decisions about my own meaning.

Is that a useful starter? I'm not big on faith-based rituals. Thanks for asking!

Stuart

Not3in1
    Participant

That was a beautiful answer!

Thanks, Stu.

Stu I must say I was rather surprised at your Post. Especially what you said about children and love. We believe that God is Love and I know that when I talk to God I get Love back, which BTW I just did before. I got so spiritual high its like I just took a Morphine Pill. That is what the Holy Spirit does for me. And I wish that you would want to experience that also. Before I was born again and was Baptized I had no idea how it would be. Now I know. Does that make any sense at all to you?

Peace and Love Mrs.IM4Truth :D :D

Towshab
    Participant

This is one area where most Christians are clueless. They think that in order to be a moral, loving person you must accept Jesus. Baloney to the highest degree.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (seek and you will find @ Jan. 12 2008,20:23)
    Stu I must say I was rather surprised at your Post. Especially what you said about children and love. We believe that God is Love and I know that when I talk to God I get Love back, which BTW I just did before. I got so spiritual high its like I just took a Morphine Pill. That is what the Holy Spirit does for me. And I wish that you would want to experience that also. Before I was born again and was Baptized I had no idea how it would be. Now I know. Does that make any sense at all to you?

Peace and Love Mrs.IM4Truth :D :D

Perfect sense! :)

Hi Stu,

I was wondering, do you have any “spiritual” practices that you engage in?  Not necessarily Christian or any other religion, but just universal appreciation or ?  This is a personal question so of course feel free to tell me to buzz off.  For instance, I have a friend that doesn't pray at each meal but she does thank the earth for giving up it's bounty.  I have another friend who practices yoga and meditation.

Mandy

He is a “Deist”.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deism

Sorry STU and Mandy that was meant for Tow.

:)

acertainchap
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Jan. 12 2008,19:13)

Hi Stu,

It really depends on what you mean by spiritual.

There are works of music that astonish me with the great beauty they are able to communicate;  wondering about the nature of why I see beauty at all is in itself a 'spiritual' experience.  I reflect on the extrordinary fact that I was born at all, and the ways in which I can make best use of the tiny part of the universe's history that I will have to wonder about it; the very nature of the great range of things that humans have in common, and particularly the discovery and expression of them shown by children, which is awe-inspiring; the fascinating challenge that we have simply trying to fathom others of our species, let alone members of other species; the whole question of whether there is any better aspiration than maximising happiness for as many as possible; the extent to which both order and chaos happen in the universe and the surprising simplicity we uncover in our attempts to accurately describe and explain what we observe; the experiences I have as a human of the fascinating combination of my reptilian brain and my 'human' neocortex brain leaving me able to respond with reflexes but also love, nurture, grieve and at the same time look forwards and make decisions about my own meaning.

Is that a useful starter?  I'm not big on faith-based rituals. Thanks for asking!

Stuart

Thanks for your answer, Stu. :cool:

Viewing 11 posts - 21 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account