Psychics

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 706 total)
  • Author
    Guncher
    Participant

I would value some help with an issue that I have no answer to
    A friend went to a party where she met a physchic ,who proceeded to reveal to her so much personal information that only my friend could have known

My natural reaction was to blame evil spirits. I can understand that spirits can know the past, but can they see the future. If these spirits can see the future , does this mean that the future has already taken place.

Surely only God knows the future

This area is one which crops up when I am with non believers So I need an answer

Thank you to everyone who has already answered my other questions

Proclaimer
    Participant

Yes that is an interesting question. I had a friend who was not a believer and he was told by a physic that is was extremely important for him to change his diet. He was not over weight and looked healthy.

Later, I asked him if he wanted some fruit that I had just bought and he refused, but I insisted so he decided to eat a nectarine I think it was. He couldn't believe how amazing it was and asked for more.

I then realised that he basically ate junk food, drank coke, and never really ate fruit and vegetables. And even though he loved the fruit I gave him and the warning from the physic, (not endorsing that, but the advice was good) he continued with his bad diet.

About 5 or so years later he was diagnosed with bowel cancer. About 2 weeks before he died, I went to a restaurant with him and he looked very ill. He ate a plate of pancakes layered in sugar and syrup because it gave him energy as he was always tired. He told me that he didn't believe in the resurrection during our conversation.

Just before he died, he hadn't eaten anything for nearly 2 days and I visited him. I asked his wife if I could pray for him. I did and he got up some minutes later and ate some jelly and icecream that was there. What I didn't realise was that his wife just wanted him to die at this stage to end his suffering. So I didn't get a further invite the next day and he died.

I was then driving my car and I was listening to a station that had a physic inviting people to call in. My friend's wife called and I recognised her voice and the story she gave confirmed it was her. The physic then accurately described my friend and passed messages of comfort from him to her. Such as “I watch over you”.

It certainly got me thinking about how this all works. Was it a demon that perhaps was assigned to his life and knew everything about him?

And how do they predict the future when they do. Is it just luck. And can we actually know how this all works.

Wakeup
    Participant

T8.

Matthew 4:8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and SHEWETH him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;

Matthew 4:9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.

wakeup.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Guncher @ Nov. 16 2012,03:55)
    I can understand that spirits can know the past, but can they see the future?

Acts 16
    16 Once when we were going to the place of prayer, we were met by a slave girl who had a spirit by which she predicted the future. She earned a great deal of money for her owners by fortune-telling. 17 This girl followed Paul and the rest of us, shouting, “These men are servants of the Most High God, who are telling you the way to be saved.” 18 She kept this up for many days. Finally Paul became so troubled that he turned around and said to the spirit, “In the name of Jesus Christ I command you to come out of her!” At that moment the spirit left her.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Yeah that certainly shows what it is.

Guncher
    Participant

Mike boll64
    Thanks for your valued input
    The verses that you mentioned appear to endorse that people under the influence of demons actually can predict the future
    This is evident from the money being made
    But how does a demon know the future. has the future been planned already and that we are just part of a big plan
    And that somehow they have acess to this plan

It is interesting that this woman was telling people to listen to Pauls message

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Guncher @ Nov. 18 2012,10:26)
    This is evident from the money being made

And the fact that the girl was no longer a money-maker for her owners after Paul expelled the spirit.

But how does a demon know the future. has the future been planned already and that we are just part of a big plan
    And that somehow they have acess to this plan

I have not a clue.  Maybe “time” is something that flesh beings are constrained to, but not spirit beings?  Maybe everything HAS happened, IS happening, and WILL happen all at once for spirit beings?  But then, that really doesn't make sense in light of the demons asking Jesus if he came to torture them before their appointed time, right?

I don't know, Guncher.  This is too deep for me.  T8 is much better at this kind of stuff.  :)

It is interesting that this woman was telling people to listen to Pauls message

Even more interesting if it was the “evil spirit” inside of her doing all the praising.  Maybe he was trying to work his way back into God's good graces?  :)

Participant

Hi:

Matthew 4:8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and SHEWETH him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;

This interesting, and I don't have the answer, and so, I am praying for understanding.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Participant

Quote (942767 @ Nov. 19 2012,05:06)
    Hi:

Matthew 4:8   Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and SHEWETH him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;

This interesting, and I don't have the answer, and so, I am praying for understanding.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi:

These scriptures are not stating that the devil knows all the future kingdoms of the world, but he was showing Jesus the kingdoms of the world that were in existant at that time.

Only God knows and has told us the end from the beginning. The devil may know some things from what has been written in God's Word, but beyond that he may give a predicition that may appear to come true. The prophecy is usually not precise, but is given in a generality which can be associated with something that happens in the future. I just watched a documentary on Nostradamus.

God may allow the devil to forsee something and it come to pass, to test his people. The person being used by the devil may be trying entice God's people to follow after false Gods.

In these endtimes, the false prophet will give miracles that will appear to be real but are an illusion to draw people away from God, and they will worship and receive the mark of the beast.

In essence, then, Only God knows the future without any influence from any other, but He may allow others to know the future, his prophets, His children, and perhaps the devil in some instances in order to accomplish His purpose.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

david
    Participant

I would value some help with an issue that I have no answer to
    A friend went to a party where she met a physchic ,who proceeded to reveal to her so much personal information that only my friend could have known

After thousands of hours of study, while this might be what appeared to happen, it did not happen.

The psychics of today use hundreds of very clever psychological tricks to deceive people.

The witch of endor is said to have used “fraud” and villainy. What does fraud indicate? Today, they also use fraud. I come from a background that makes me an expert in this field. I would rather not say why I know this, but if you would like to break it down, we could look at what was said. It's really hard to do his without a recording because now your brain will have been forgetting the misses and remembering the hits. It's also possible (but not necessary) that the psychic who was invited to the party asked about some of the guests beforehand. I don't know the specifics, but have investigated this since I was 7. Wikipedia “cold reading.” Think about go magicians (illusionists) appear to do magic.

Argumentum ad IGNORANTIAM. Is where a person doesn't have knowledge of how something is done and therefore says:

“Because I don't know the solution or how it is done, the answer MUST be supernatural.”

I have been exposed to this thinking far too much in my life.

david
    Participant

I should also say that the vast vast majority of people who ask psychics to “read their mind” are already believing in this. Thy view the psychic as an authority, and usually strongly want to believe at the psychic has some sort of power. Belief is a strong tool.

terraricca
    Participant

PR 1:22 “How long, O naive ones, will you love being simple-minded?
    And scoffers delight themselves in scoffing
    And fools hate knowledge?

PR 1:29 Because they hated knowledge
    And did not choose the fear of the LORD.
    PR 2:5 Then you will discern the fear of the LORD
    And discover the knowledge of God.
    PR 2:6 For the LORD gives wisdom;
    From His mouth come knowledge and understanding.
    PR 2:10 For wisdom will enter your heart
    And knowledge will be pleasant to your soul;
    PR 3:20 By His knowledge the deeps were broken up
    And the skies drip with dew.
    PR 5:2 That you may observe discretion
    And your lips may reserve knowledge.
    PR 8:9 “They are all straightforward to him who understands,
    And right to those who find knowledge.
    PR 8:10 “Take my instruction and not silver,
    And knowledge rather than choicest gold.
    PR 8:12
    “I, wisdom, dwell with prudence,
    And I find knowledge and discretion.
    PR 9:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom,
    And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.

PR 11:9 With his mouth the godless man destroys his neighbor,
    But through knowledge the righteous will be delivered.

PR 14:7 Leave the presence of a fool,
    Or you will not discern words of knowledge.

PR 19:27 Cease listening, my son, to discipline,
    And you will stray from the words of knowledge.

Incline your ear and hear the words of the wise,
    And apply your mind to my knowledge;
    PR 22:20 Have I not written to you excellent things
    Of counsels and knowledge,
    PR 23:12 Apply your heart to discipline
    And your ears to words of knowledge.
    PR 24:4 And by knowledge the rooms are filled
    With all precious and pleasant riches.
    PR 24:5
    A wise man is strong,
    And a man of knowledge increases power.

many things are there to learn but the weight of it all is as feathers ,so look for knowledge that endure forever the true knowledge of God ,

COL 1:9 For this reason also, since the day we heard of it, we have not ceased to pray for you and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding,

COL 2:2 that their hearts may be encouraged, having been knit together in love, and attaining to all the wealth that comes from the full assurance of understanding, resulting in a true knowledge of God’s mystery, that is, Christ Himself,

each hour and day we have not learn something of God is a waisted day or hour ,

there is no glory to God to learn the ways of the devil ,

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (terraricca @ Nov. 18 2012,14:50)
    there is no glory to God to learn the ways of the devil

I agree with that statement in premise, Pierre. But doesn't one have a better chance of defeating his enemy if he truly gets to know his enemy, and how he operates?

Proclaimer
    Participant

2 Corinthians 2:11
    in order that Satan might not outwit us. For we are not unaware of his schemes.

Proclaimer
    Participant

david, I agree that there is much deception in these kinds of ministries.

Even some preachers look at the attendance list before speaking and are able to say, “there is a person here called david and he has had a death in his extended family”. This is likely to have happened to that person and if not, then he would just think that it was another david.

Like a horoscope, it can relate to nearly anyone if you read it.

Before I was a Christian I read a horoscope once (I didn't believe in such things back then either) and it was totally accurate to me at that time. I then realised that the date on the paper or magazine was quite old and was talking about the week when it was written.

Proclaimer
    Participant

It is possible that demons can know things because they are actually present and not future like we think it may be.

Case in hand. A physic might say that you will die of cancer and 1 year later you die. This could be explained by you actually having cancer at the time the words were given, but only became noticed later on.

Humans have limited access to the spectrum and there are parts of the spectrum that we cannot comprehend with these bodies but some animals can. e.g., magnetism, infrared, ultraviolet, or xrays. However we can peek into these wavelengths with machines that translate these into the visible spectrum for us to view.

Perhaps spirits like demons can see much more than we can. Thus they could see that you have a brain tumor whereas we need a machine to see it. That infor could be given to a medium to give to the person. And why would they give us that info? Maybe in order to deceive you about the nature of this life and the one to come.

david
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Nov. 19 2012,09:25)
    david, I agree that there is much deception in these kinds of ministries.

Even some preachers look at the attendance list before speaking and are able to say, “there is a person here called david and he has had a death in his extended family”. This is likely to have happened to that person and if not, then he would just think that it was another david.

Like a horoscope, it can relate to nearly anyone if you read it.

Before I was a Christian I read a horoscope once (I didn't believe in such things back then either) and it was totally accurate to me at that time. I then realised that the date on the paper or magazine was quite old and was talking about the week when it was written.

The horoscopes you read are based on the Forer effect.   Sometimes called the Barnum effect.  

It also depends on the fact that people have an extraordinary ability to believe what they want to believe.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Yes belief is a powerful thing. I guess knowing that, belief in the truth must be all the more powerful because you are aligned with reality.

david
    Participant

Can someone change this thread to be called “psychics” and not the word he used, which looks more like physics.

david
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Nov. 19 2012,12:58)
    Yes belief is a powerful thing. I guess knowing that, belief in the truth must be all the more powerful because you are aligned with reality.

The problem is:

All people, every person on the planet, including those that succumb to fraudulent psychics for example, believe that they are “aligned with reality.”

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 706 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account