Prophet Hawking

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 641 through 660 (of 728 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Oct. 24 2010,19:21)

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 24 2010,11:34)
    stu

you ask;By the way, regarding 2 Corinthians, does your god want people to know him and repent or not?

Stuart

this is a individual question to answer by everyone of us,but it is in spirit and in our hearths and by our action that we respond to that question.we are at liberty to say yes or no.

Pierre

You equivocate.  Let me ask again.  How is it possible to repent and accept your Imaginary Friend if, allegedly, it has blinded non-believers and made them incapable of seeing what it wants?

How would it then be ethical to exact any kind of punishment on them for not repenting?

Stuart

stu

God is righteous,he make sure that you know and understand ,
    what are the options place in front of you,

the blindness is something you are slowly built in your mind,
    and then cultivate it so that you reap what you have sown.

it is a live long process what can be stopped by you at any moment ,and change to God course and will.

you are holding the power of your own live in your hands.

so it is the unbeliever own desire to separate from God ,not Gods desire.

this is why the believer should not put himself under the same yoke.

Pierre

Stu
    Participant

Quote (JustAskin @ Oct. 24 2010,12:31)
    Stu,

Because not all non-believers are blinded (Shouldn't that be 'blound'?)

There are those marked out for purgatory from the beginning of time – to act as a lure to others (Stu, it seems you are one such).
    Those, like you, are hooked on the line of selfconceit, and your life is full of seemingly positive, to lure others into the wrongful thinking to gain your seemingly positive life benefits.

But the wise man will shun, your beliefs and come out of their trace and adhere to the truth.

That's what it really means…

So now you are saying that there are people who were doomed before they were born! They are victims who are planted to entrap others, possibly people who have been blinded so they cannot see. You haven't really sat down before to consider just how immoral this Monster you worship is, have you.

Worse, you have not thought through the possibility that you yourself are the one who has been duped, and the kinds of things you do are what your god actually despises.

Perhaps your Imaginary Friend has once again employed satan, this time to test you to see if you will spout nonsense that contradicts the facts you collect by your supposedly god-given senses.

I'd have a careful think if I were you.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

terraricca

God is righteous,he make sure that you know and understand ,

Your god is immoral. I understand that from reading the nasty unethical vitriol it supposedly inspired. Of course the point is academic because fortunately there almost certainly is no such thing.

what are the options place in front of you,

To live a moral life and reject human sacrifice and claims of magic as its basis?

the blindness is something you are slowly built in your mind,
    and then cultivate it so that you reap what you have sown.

Two religious platitudes.

it is a live long process what can be stopped by you at any moment ,and change to God course and will.

That is what I have consciously rejected on the basis that it would be immoral and is definitely an insane proposition to believe because the divine conspiracy you claim is all in your head.

you are holding the power of your own live in your hands.

I know. I am relieved to be able to make ethical decisions without the threat of having my thoughts taken over by the celestial thought police.

so it is the unbeliever own desire to separate from God ,not Gods desire.

It is my desire to live a good life. That is why I reject your petulant and excessively violent Imaginary Friend. There is the other point that its existence is a delusion.

this is why the believer should not put himself under the same yoke.

No, Saul of Tarsus would not approve of that, would he. It would have been really bad for the cult he was trying to start.

Stuart

terraricca
    Participant

stu

it does not matter what you or me or anybody else think ,there is only two ways of thinking not three or four,
    only two;1)is Gods way ;;2)mens way;after that there is nothing,you either belong to number one or number two.

but it is your personal pick.no way out.

Pierre

Stu
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 24 2010,15:19)
    stu

it does not matter what you or me or anybody else think ,there is only two ways of thinking not three or four,
    only two;1)is Gods way ;;2)mens way;after that there is nothing,you either belong to number one or number two.

Pierre

Sounds really childish and unpleasant.

What an immature way of looking at the world.

Stuart

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Oct. 24 2010,22:51)
    didish

stu

Pierre

Stuart

stu

it does not matter ,it is the truth,

you can called it childish just because you have no understanding of all the implication it contains,man are making tons of books about it.

you also say;What an immature way of looking at the world.

i have told you the world is only number 2,you have a problem by only seeing trough one eye.

as far that i can see you ,you are a man who came of age and never mature in a way that he could make a decision ,for number 1 or 2.

Pierre

Stu
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 24 2010,16:12)

didish

stu

Pierre

Stuart

stu

you can called it childish  just because you have no understanding of all the implication it contains,man are making tons of books about it.

i have told you the world is only number 2,you have a problem by only seeing trough one eye.

as far that i can see you ,you are a man who came of age and never mature in a way that he could make a decision ,for number 1 or 2.

Pierre

You speak in religious platitudes.

Your appear to prefer living a fantasy story that does not stack up against reality.

Does your god demand you show such great contempt for humanity? Have you never questioned that?

Stuart

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Oct. 24 2010,23:20)

didish

stu

Pierre

Stuart

stu

you can called it childish  just because you have no understanding of all the implication it contains,man are making tons of books about it.

Pierre

Your appear to prefer living a fantasy story that does not stack up against reality.

Does your god demand you show such great contempt for humanity?  Have you never questioned that?

Stuart

stu

what is reality??

what is humanity ???

Pierre

Stu
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 24 2010,16:48)

Quote (Stu @ Oct. 24 2010,23:20)

didish

stu

Pierre

Stuart

stu

Pierre

Does your god demand you show such great contempt for humanity?  Have you never questioned that?

Stuart

stu

what is reality??

what is humanity ???

Pierre

Reality is the thing we have in common based on Descartes and the assumptions that you do actually exist, and that what you see is what you get.

Humanity is the application of the one thing we have that makes us human, our brains.

Apply your brain to the human condition. We are 40-50% products of our genes and 50-60% products of our environments. We have a brief time to walk on a planet that has been around for 4.5 billion years and will be around for about that long again. We have the unbelievable good fortune of being able to study and consider our own history and place in that universe in a conscious way.

What conclusions should we draw? That homosexuals are worthy of death? That there are people who deserve eternal punishment? That we should be in awe of yet another claim of magic by a man-god? That some other human is believable when he claims that if you follow the contents of a book you will live for ever? That the only way to live a good life is to believe in the supernatural consequences of a human sacrifice? That the knowledge and understanding that we have acquired is in some way bettered by that of people in the sky imagined by some whose human brains have seen one too many patterns that aren't really there?

Christianity is anti much of what makes us unique. It is for children who cannot stand the wonderful brutal reality that actually faces us.

Stuart

terraricca
    Participant

stu

you say;;Reality is the thing we have in common based on Descartes and the assumptions that you do actually exist, and that what you see is what you get.

Humanity is the application of the one thing we have that makes us human, our brains.

Apply your brain to the human condition. We are 40-50% products of our genes and 50-60% products of our environments. We have a brief time to walk on a planet that has been around for 4.5 billion years and will be around for about that long again. We have the unbelievable good fortune of being able to study and consider our own history and place in that universe in a conscious way.

What conclusions should we draw? That homosexuals are worthy of death? That there are people who deserve eternal punishment? That we should be in awe of yet another claim of magic by a man-god? That some other human is believable when he claims that if you follow the contents of a book you will live for ever? That the only way to live a good life is to believe in the supernatural consequences of a human sacrifice? That the knowledge and understanding that we have acquired is in some way bettered by that of people in the sky imagined by some whose human brains have seen one too many patterns that aren't really there?

Christianity is anti much of what makes us unique. It is for children who cannot stand the wonderful brutal reality that actually faces us.

Stuart

first Descartes will not be happy you are twisting is views .He proved existence of God trough other means than religion one,.

so you have to find someone else to follow.

humanity =the approved standards in which men is identified to be the ruler of things on earth,but according to some there still has to be a selective unit that is better than the other ,and so some have to die to let others live in peace,of cause those rules are made by the selective unit or elite they call themselves,

so there is no justice or righteousness only what the elite unit make up to be the rule.

IS THIS NOT A DISGISED RELIGION????

Pierre

JustAskin
    Participant

Stu,
    Did Descarte create mankind?

If you can answer the question of why the universe and mankind were created and by what means all is sustained, ordered and maintained, then you might beon your way to the greater understanding.

Mankind is the pinnacle of a creation process. If you don't believe this then show me a greater creation.

Why don't dogs talk like humans?
    Why don't goldfish grow legs?
    Why trees not sing?
    Why can't humans free fly, or breath under water?

Stu, the difference between an Ape and a human is one gene in the DNA chain, accordng to Science.
    Now, which gene is it and can it be changed. Can Science change that gene to change an Ape into a human, or a human into an Ape?

Well, Stu, can you see the joke already….

The answer is (tongue in cheek) 'Yes', and you are proof of that experiment. But, you see, they couldn't put the Spirit of God in you, just made you look like a human. 'Looks, alone', Stu, 'doth not, the man, maketh'

Stu, try this: here is the 'near' winning set of numbers for a ficticious global lotto: 65 94 123 215 275 325 397.

Now, Stu, between 0 and 400, one of the set of numbers is wrong. You can select another number to win a billion dollars. Stu, which number are you going to change and to what? Moreover, how will you know if it's the right number?
    By the way, you have a thousand years of days to solve it (oh, and there's a 1% annual interest on the billion dollars, so in fact, the longer you take to solve it the richer you will be…but the older you will be, too! Or should I make it a 1% annual deficit?)

JustAskin
    Participant

Stu,
    The crucial question is, 'How will you know when you've found the right number?'

400 *7 = 2800 changes.

Stu, the classic Monkeys in a room with typewriters and paper,..they will NEVER type 'War and Peace'. Why?

Because unless there is an external arbitator who directs the changes made by each monkey, guiding each monkey as to it's error and how close it is to the target, the monkeys will never know if or when it has reached that target, the complete Novel.

Therefore, creation has to have a target towards which it is moving, and, it needs a director t guide it towards that goal, removing evolutions that are not in the path that leads to the target. And who set that target? And why?

Why does not man have eight arms and eyes in the vack of his head.
    Why does virtually all of nature have the same features: One Head, two ears, two eyes, one nose but two channels, one mouth, two 'forearms', two 'rear legs', dorsal spine, abdomen, rectum (of course, this part doesn't apply to you, Stu, cos all of you is Anal) and the rest. Why does mankind not have a tail?
    If that single gene is resonsible for all the dramatic differences between the Ape and Man, what happens when man creates the 'Super gene'…and see here…' man creates' the super gene.
    Yes, stu, intelligent design, 'man, the intelligent designer'. The 'super gene' does not 'evolve' but is 'designed'. 'Evolution' another name for slow carefully crafted forethoughted and targetted design.

And who set the design target and directed the 'evolvement' process, discarding false patrerns, like Webbed feet, oxygen filtering lungs, electric 'eyes', electromechanic voicebox, wheeled 'legs'…etc?

Why are wheels more effecient than legs on a flat or plain slope. Wouldn't man be better off with wheels for legs, then when it comes to stairs, we could 'rise up', levitate like the Darleks…a quick fix solution to the oft-asked question of how Darleks move from one level to another in a building or rugged ground…aren't humans wonderfully creative?

Stu
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 25 2010,02:27)
    stu

you say;;Reality is the thing we have in common based on Descartes and the assumptions that you do actually exist, and that what you see is what you get.

Apply your brain to the human condition.  We are 40-50% products of our genes and 50-60% products of our environments.  We have a brief time to walk on a planet that has been around for 4.5 billion years and will be around for about that long again.  We have the unbelievable good fortune of being able to study and consider our own history and place in that universe in a conscious way.  

What conclusions should we draw?  That homosexuals are worthy of death?  That there are people who deserve eternal punishment?  That we should be in awe of yet another claim of magic by a man-god?  That some other human is believable when he claims that if you follow the contents of a book you will live for ever?  That the only way to live a good life is to believe in the supernatural consequences of a human sacrifice?  That the knowledge and understanding that we have acquired is in some way bettered by that of people in the sky imagined by some whose human brains have seen one too many patterns that aren't really there?

Christianity is anti much of what makes us unique.  It is for children who cannot stand the wonderful brutal reality that actually faces us.

Stuart

first Descartes will not be happy you are twisting is views .He proved existence of God trough other means than religion one,.

humanity =the approved standards in which men is identified to be the ruler of things on earth,but according to some there still has to be a selective unit that is better than the other ,and so some have to die to let others live in peace,of cause those rules are made by the selective unit or elite they call themselves,

so there is no justice or righteousness only what the elite unit make up to be the rule.

Pierre

No one has “proved” anything about gods, other than what believers have led themselves or others to believe.

It is just wrong think that humans are the rulers of the planet. By far it is microorganisms that have always ruled everything. We could not live without them, we still do not have control over many of the diseases they cause and even our own bodies have 10 times as many bacterial cells as human cells in them.

I don't understand this business about people having to die so others can live in peace, or this “elite unit”. What do you mean?

Stuart

JustAskin
    Participant

Stu, you deserve your name of Half-Stu-pid!

We can't live without food. So, according to your phylosophy, Food is the ruler of the world.

Did you contribute any material to 'The Hitch Hiker Guide to the Galaxy'

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Oct. 25 2010,15:50)

stu

Apply your brain to the human condition.  We are 40-50% products of our genes and 50-60% products of our environments.  We have a brief time to walk on a planet that has been around for 4.5 billion years and will be around for about that long again.  We have the unbelievable good fortune of being able to study and consider our own history and place in that universe in a conscious way.  

What conclusions should we draw?  That homosexuals are worthy of death?  That there are people who deserve eternal punishment?  That we should be in awe of yet another claim of magic by a man-god?  That some other human is believable when he claims that if you follow the contents of a book you will live for ever?  That the only way to live a good life is to believe in the supernatural consequences of a human sacrifice?  That the knowledge and understanding that we have acquired is in some way bettered by that of people in the sky imagined by some whose human brains have seen one too many patterns that aren't really there?

Christianity is anti much of what makes us unique.  It is for children who cannot stand the wonderful brutal reality that actually faces us.

Stuart

Pierre

No one has “proved” anything about gods, other than what believers have led themselves or others to believe.

It is just wrong think that humans are the rulers of the planet.  By far it is microorganisms that have always ruled everything.  We could not live without them, we still do not have control over many of the diseases they cause and even our own bodies have 10 times as many bacterial cells as human cells in them.

I don't understand this business about people having to die so others can live in peace, or this “elite unit”.  What do you mean?

Stuart

stu

are you living in a cave ??

are you cut off of all communication except your computer??

all prove is in the understanding

Pierre

Stu
    Participant

Quote (JustAskin @ Oct. 25 2010,03:39)
    Stu,
    Did Descarte create mankind?

If you can answer the question of why the universe and mankind were created and by what means all is sustained, ordered and maintained, then you might beon your way to the greater understanding.

Mankind is the pinnacle of a creation process. If you don't believe this then show me a greater creation.

Why don't dogs talk like humans?
    Why don't goldfish grow legs?
    Why trees not sing?
    Why can't humans free fly, or breath under water?

Stu, the difference between an Ape and a human is one gene in the DNA chain, accordng to Science.
    Now, which gene is it and can it be changed. Can Science change that gene to change an Ape into a human, or a human into an Ape?

Well, Stu, can you see the joke already….

The answer is (tongue in cheek) 'Yes', and you are proof of that experiment. But, you see, they couldn't put the Spirit of God in you, just made you look like a human. 'Looks, alone', Stu, 'doth not, the man, maketh'

Stu, try this: here is the 'near' winning set of numbers for a ficticious global lotto: 65 94 123 215 275 325 397.

Now, Stu, between 0 and 400, one of the set of numbers is wrong. You can select another number to win a billion dollars. Stu, which number are you going to change and to what? Moreover, how will you know if it's the right number?
    By the way, you have a thousand years of days to solve it (oh, and there's a 1% annual interest on the billion dollars, so in fact, the longer you take to solve it the richer you will be…but the older you will be, too! Or should I make it a 1% annual deficit?)

Humans were not created, so the first part of your post is not applicable.

Your why questions (which this time actually ARE valid!) would be better put to a creationist, because while evolution by natural selection predicts there will be limitations on what changes are possible for particular species in the future, surely with a god doing magic any old thing is a possibility. Why did your god NOT give trees the power of speech?

A real biologist would tell you that trees diverged a long time before mammal noises were used, or mammals even existed. They have carried on along their own evolutionary pathway developing tissues that are very good for being a successful tree but not likely to be easily adapted to talking, especially as there is no central nervous system to control the vocal tissue or formulate anything worthy of communicating. In short natural selection has not discovered speech for trees and nor is it likely to because there would probably be no immediate advantage to the tree in having any useful precursor and no previously existing structure that could be adapted in short order.

Your other questions have similar answers, although I don't see the point in going through each: the principles are the same from a biological point of view. Can you tell me why trees can't talk?

There is no difference at all between a human and an ape because humans ARE great apes by definition. You might be interested to know this was originally defined by the creationist Linnaeus.

To correct your analogy, in the kind of lottery that natural selection is you would get a little bit of money for getting numbers that are close, and you could have another go in the same draw getting more money the closer you got to the “best” set of numbers for that particular draw, the draw of course representing the current environment, the numbers being a variable gene pool and money being the advantage of the adaptation.

Better just to talk about reality, because the analogy is more complicated than any explanatory power it might have.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (JustAskin @ Oct. 25 2010,09:11)
    Stu, you deserve your name of Half-Stu-pid!

We can't live without food. So, according to your phylosophy, Food is the ruler of the world.

Did you contribute any material to 'The Hitch Hiker Guide to the Galaxy'

You are an idiot.

Does that accusation progress the conversation any?

No, it is just discourteous and beneath me, so I withdraw it in the interest of engaging conversation.

Perhaps you would like to do the same.

As for your post, I have no idea what you are on about.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (JustAskin @ Oct. 25 2010,04:25)
    Stu,
    The crucial question is, 'How will you know when you've found the right number?'

400 *7 = 2800 changes.

Stu, the classic Monkeys in a room with typewriters and paper,..they will NEVER type 'War and Peace'. Why?

Because unless there is an external arbitator who directs the changes made by each monkey, guiding each monkey as to it's error and how close it is to the target, the monkeys will never know if or when it has reached that target, the complete Novel.

Therefore, creation has to have a target towards which it is moving, and, it needs a director t guide it towards that goal, removing evolutions that are not in the path that leads to the target. And who set that target? And why?

Why does not man have eight arms and eyes in the vack of his head.
    Why does virtually all of nature have the same features: One Head, two ears, two eyes, one nose but two channels, one mouth, two 'forearms', two 'rear legs', dorsal spine, abdomen, rectum (of course, this part doesn't apply to you, Stu, cos all of you is Anal) and the rest. Why does mankind not have a tail?
    If that single gene is resonsible for all the dramatic differences between the Ape and Man, what happens when man creates the 'Super gene'…and see here…' man creates' the super gene.
    Yes, stu, intelligent design, 'man, the intelligent designer'. The 'super gene' does not 'evolve' but is 'designed'. 'Evolution' another name for slow carefully crafted forethoughted and targetted design.

And who set the design target and directed the 'evolvement' process, discarding false patrerns, like Webbed feet, oxygen filtering lungs, electric 'eyes', electromechanic voicebox, wheeled 'legs'…etc?

Why are wheels more effecient than legs on a flat or plain slope. Wouldn't man be better off with wheels for legs, then when it comes to stairs, we could 'rise up', levitate like the Darleks…a quick fix solution to the oft-asked question of how Darleks move from one level to another in a building or rugged ground…aren't humans wonderfully creative?

You are right that an arbiter is required. Unlike your assertion that it is a Sky Being that, according to your book of spells has ways that cannot be know, the ways of the real arbiter are completely understood.

Can you describe to me what I think the arbiter is? If you can then I would know you have a grasp of that which you oppose.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 25 2010,09:55)

stu

Stuart

Pierre

It is just wrong think that humans are the rulers of the planet.  By far it is microorganisms that have always ruled everything.  We could not live without them, we still do not have control over many of the diseases they cause and even our own bodies have 10 times as many bacterial cells as human cells in them.

I don't understand this business about people having to die so others can live in peace, or this “elite unit”.  What do you mean?

Stuart

stu

Pierre

This is like the nonsense spouted by Tony Blair when he said that he could only know what he believed.

Actually there is no such thing as proof except in mathematics. There is no proof of any god and if you knew your philosophy of religion you would know of the attempts made in the past by Anselm, Aquinas and many others, and you would know the reasons why they are considered invalid today.

Stuart

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Oct. 25 2010,20:40)

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 25 2010,09:55)

stu

Stuart

Pierre

Stuart

stu

Pierre

This is like the nonsense spouted by Tony Blair when he said that he could only know what he believed.  

Actually there is no such thing as proof except in mathematics.  There is no proof of any god and if you knew your philosophy of religion you would know of the attempts made in the past by Anselm, Aquinas and many others, and you would know the reasons why they are considered invalid today.

Stuart

stu

you read me wrong;what i try to tell you that this world of yours is the law of the jungle ,the strongest and the smartest will survive,

the rest are dispensable,the have not will lose against the ones that have,

and Stu ,i will not try to convince you of any philosophy you have yours and i have mine,

i believe in God a creator,and you believe in men ,humanity,

those are both religious philosophies,if you like it or not

and it comes back to what i said before number 1 and number 2,

there is nothing else ,one or two we pick what fits with us.

Pierre

Viewing 20 posts - 641 through 660 (of 728 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account