Proof jesus is god from paul's mouth?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 738 total)
  • Author
    Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (david @ Aug. 29 2009,17:27)

Quote (RokkaMan @ Aug. 30 2009,09:24)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 30 2009,09:20)
    Hi R,
    So being in the form of God really means being God?

Yes

Does having “divine nature” mean you're God?

(2 Pet 1:4)

No David, we “become” partakers” of the divine nature, we didn't originally have it…the Son did. The Son is perfect and always was, we are not. Big difference!

RokkaMan
    Participant

To further clarify, it says in the beginning mankind was created in God's image.

The NT says Jesus IS the express image.

Please there is a difference in being created in God's image or possessing his nature, than actually Being God's Nature…

And it said Jesus WHO IS THE EXPRESS IMAGE…it didn't say who is in the express image, or who was created in the image…

It said Jesus who is the express image of The Father.

I mean I'd like to think my real life son is the express image of myself…even tho he is seperate from me, My blood runs thru his veins…

and even tho no other human being has my direct blood in their veins…my son does.

And he is still an, “my last name”

So Jesus being The Father's literal son, is of the same essence…and he's still God. Even tho he is not God The Father…he's God The Son

RokkaMan
    Participant

Amen Lightenup….it's funny that we posted at 2 different times…yet we both understand this in the exact same way…and has just said the exact same thing.

Amen to the wisdom The Lord has imparted on you!

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (RokkaMan @ Aug. 29 2009,18:31)
    To further clarify, it says in the beginning mankind was created in God's image.

Please there is a difference in being created in God's image or possessing his nature, than actually Being God's Nature…

And it said Jesus WHO IS THE EXPRESS IMAGE…it didn't say who is in the express image, or who was created in the image…

I mean I'd like to think my real life son is the express image of myself…even tho he is seperate from me, My blood runs thru his veins…

and even tho no other human being has my direct blood in their veins…my son does.

So Jesus being The Father's literal son, is of the same essence…and he's still God. Even tho he is not God The Father…he's God The Son

I can agree with this, thanks Rokka!
    LU

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (RokkaMan @ Aug. 30 2009,10:31)

Hi R,
    So not the Son of God?
    That is who he is he is but men call him a liar.

Hi R

In your opinion, is there a Big God, (the Father), and a little god, (the Son), or do you believe there is “Only One True God”?

WJ

david
    Participant

No David, we “become” partakers” of the divine nature, we didn't originally have it…the Son did. The Son is perfect and always was, we are not. Big difference!

But when someone becomes a “partaker” of divine nature, they have “divine nature” do they not?

All I'm saying is this “big difference” isn't biblical. Nor is the “if you have divine nature, you are god” idea.

RokkaMan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Aug. 30 2009,10:40)

Hi R

In your opinion, is there a Big God, (the Father), and a little god, (the Son), or do you believe there is “Only One True God”?

WJ

There is only 1 God.

With 3 manifestations. The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit…check my sig.

Lightenup
    Participant

Wow, Rokka, I think were are in sync! :)

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 30 2009,09:39)
    Can Jesus be God because HE shares the nature of His Father who is the Most High God.  A son of man is man because he shares the nature of man.  In the same reasoning, a son of God is God because He shares the nature of God.  He would not be the God who always existed though.  Therefore, He would not be the Most High God.  He would be the ONLY begotten God.  That would make one Most High God and one begotten God.  Think about it.

Greetings LU….Sounds somewhat confusing…I guess we have to wait until Jesus returns as King of Kings and Lord of Lords….

RokkaMan
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 30 2009,10:47)
    Wow, Rokka, I think were are in sync! :)

I mean, you can only agree with the truth =P

The reason why this is such a big deal to me, is because if Jesus was not GOD then the way we christians exalt and worship him would be Idolatry, and also would make the Father a liar when he said…there shall be no God before me, nor will I share my glory with another…

Yet Jesus is not only called God by God himself, but is credited with creation, called God by Angels, Called God by his apostles….

Uses the same statements as The Father (showing equality) and has all the abilities and powers of The Father.

If he is not God, then christianity is a Lie…

If he is God…what he did is the most compassionate thing any being could possible do….

His becoming a human was a statement where God Says:

I love you (mankind) so much, that you will not just be creation, you will now be my kin

And if that was enough, he even died a sinners death for us, so that we may be made saints….

This shows how much God loves us, and if Jesus was not God made flesh, his death would be insignificant.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (david @ Aug. 29 2009,18:41)

No David, we “become” partakers” of the divine nature, we didn't originally have it…the Son did.  The Son is perfect and always was, we are not.  Big difference!

But when someone becomes a “partaker” of divine nature, they have “divine nature” do they not?

All I'm saying is this “big difference” isn't biblical.  Nor is the “if you have divine nature, you are god” idea.

David,
    Did the Son ever become one with a divine nature or did He always have a divine nature? I see that as making a tremendous difference. Can you show me where the Son “became” a partaker of the divine nature in scripture? It not, then it is biblical that He had the divine nature always. If you have the nature of a tree…are you a tree?
    If you have the nature of a squirrel…are you a squirrel?
    If you have the nature of a man…are you a man?
    If you have the nature of a god…are you a god?
    If you and your father are the only ones that originally had the nature of a god, then that would make the Father and Son both a god. Anything else that was labeled “god” would not by “original” nature be “god.”
    Thus we have a Most High God and a begotten God, one of each and one higher because He always existed and is the source of all that is good.

david
    Participant

The reason why this is such a big deal to me, is because if Jesus was not GOD then the way we christians exalt and worship him would be Idolatry,

Yes it would.

Hey, didn't Jesus say to worship the Father.

david
    Participant

If he is God…what he did is the most compassionate thing any being could possible do….

If he was God himself, than the “corresponding Ransom” sacrifice would not have been so “corresponding.”

This shows how much God loves us, and if Jesus was not God made flesh, his death would be insignificant.

Would you say the death of the Son of God is insignificant?

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (theodorej @ Aug. 29 2009,18:56)

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 30 2009,09:39)
    Can Jesus be God because HE shares the nature of His Father who is the Most High God.  A son of man is man because he shares the nature of man.  In the same reasoning, a son of God is God because He shares the nature of God.  He would not be the God who always existed though.  Therefore, He would not be the Most High God.  He would be the ONLY begotten God.  That would make one Most High God and one begotten God.  Think about it.

Greetings LU….Sounds somewhat confusing…I guess we have to wait until Jesus returns as King of Kings and Lord of Lords….

Hi theodorej,
    Think about it…if the begotten God had a beginning, and His Father did not, then He could not be the Most High God, the source of all good. Yet they both have, and always have had a divine nature. No one else always has had a divine nature.
    LU

david
    Participant

David,
    Did the Son ever become one with a divine nature or did He always have a divine nature? I see that as making a tremendous difference. Can you show me where the Son “became” a partaker of the divine nature in scripture? It not, then it is biblical that He had the divine nature always.

Of course Jesus being a spirit, always had a “divine nature,” as does God, and as do the angels, spirit creatures.
    Humans do not have a divine nature, they have a human nature, but some will be given a divine nature when they go to heaven. (flesh and blood cannot inherit God's heavenly kingdom.)

I can no longer remember the point either of us is trying to make.

Lightenup
    Participant

David,
    Where does the scripture say that angels have a divine nature? I believe they have a supernatural nature but not a divine nature. Please show me. LU

david
    Participant

Lightenup, how would you define “divine nature.”

“godlike nature” maybe?
    “nature like that of God's” maybe?

The angels, who are once called “gods” in the Psalms do have a divine nature. They do not have a fleshly nature. They are spirits. God is a spirit. I'm not saying they're equal or anything like that. I'm saying they have the same nature, the same kind or sort of existence–in the heavenly realm.

Lightenup
    Participant

David,
    When the scripture says that God is a spirit, it isn't talking about His nature that I call “divine”, IMO, it is talking about Him not being a flesh and blood being but a spirit being. The angels are a spirit being with the nature of an angel. The Father and Son are spirit beings with the nature of a god.

eveh
    Participant

Jesus said he was the son of God. The apostles said he was the Son of God. God said Jesus was his Son. Even the Devil knew him as the Son of God. The Demons he cast out, knew him as the Son of God. And still, the church world decided this could not be true. So they invented their own religion. IT is not what Jesus or the apostles taught you. It is a faux Gospel and if you don't start reading your Bible with spiritual eyes and stop listening to man, you are going to miss the boat. Perhaps it is spiritual blindness, I don't know, but you cannot read the Bible, putting all the scriptures together and come away thinking that Jesus is God. It is not there. You are building on a false foundation. It doesn't matter what else you learn if you don't get this foundation truth, that Peter got. “Your are the Christ, the Son of the living God”……and what did Jesus tell him? My Father has shown you this. My Father.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 738 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account