Preexistence

• This topic has 19,164 replies, 120 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Nick.
Viewing 20 posts - 16,941 through 16,960 (of 19,165 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..what verse are you relating to. Please try to be specific this time. OK ?

Look MARTY AND SOME OTHERS were thinking it was speaking of the world in general, and were relating it to that WAY, So i went into detale to show that it was not the world Paul and John was speakibg to, but the church, and what was going to take place in it, and in fact it was already trying to get it roots in the church in their time. And now that teaching of JESUS BEING A GOD and his prexistence is the main teaching in nearly all christianity. What i have posted there should have opened up our eyes and it exactly fits what has happened “IN” THE CHURCH. We should all rejoice in that understanding, it has nothing to do with me, it was already written in our scriptures right from the start, and if God reaveled it to me why should or any one else despise me? Should you and all including me rejoice in the truth.?

peace and love to you and yours ……..gene

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Admin.
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,

Your idea is based on one verse just as the JWs do.

You have interpreted it yourself and tried to make it palatable by emphasis, repetition and the use of logic.

That is not how truth is found in scripture.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….”one verse’ that is a LIE, IT’S BASED ON MANY SCRIPTURES. why can’t you be specific?, tell us what “ONE” verse you are talking about exactly. Why are you avoiding it? At least give a me a chance to explain it. If you cannot produce it then i and others shouldn’t think you are creditable about saying any of what i have posted. Jumping around flapping your mouth, means nothing to me nor should it to anyone else either. IMO

Peace and love to you and yours…..gene

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Admin.
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,

you claim supernatural knowledge based on 2 Thess 2

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….where have i ever claimed i have supernatural knowledge ? I don’t believe i do , but i do believe God allowed me to understand some things, and if what i say does not meet your scriptural understanding then don’t believe it. But if it does the rejoice in it not in me but in the truth, why think i am seeking somekind of glory, that simply is not true. I believe God has reaveled thing to all who he has truly called, just as Jesus said reguarding Peter. When i post something here i try to eddify and encourage others with it, not promote myself. Look i am only sharing what i believe to be true for all of our gain.

peace and love to you and yours………gene

Proclaimer
    Participant

Hi T8,

You say

“The Holy Spirit is the spirit of God. God is spirit, and God is holy.”

And when Jesus said I will come back to you what did he mean?

The Spirit of Christ returned at Pentecost.

NOW the lord is the Spirit.

that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.

We can all be one you see. One in spirit. We are not one spirit but one in spirit. We are not the Holy Spirit. The spirit of Elijah, the spirit of Jesus, my spirit, etc. There are many spirits, but God is the Father of spirits.

Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father; the one who confesses the Son has the Father also. As for you, let that abide in you which you heard from the beginning. If what you heard from the beginning abides in you, you also will abide in the Son and in the Father.…

We can abide in the Father AND the Son. We can abide in BOTH. We do not abide in one only, but both. If we have the Father we have the son. If we have the son, we have the Father. In this respect they are together as one.

Proclaimer
    Participant

For arguments sake, if Jesus was the Holy Spirit as some believed and believe then that would go against another of your beliefs. i.e., he existed in the form of God. So let’s assume this for a moment. He existed in the form of God which is spirit. He emptied himself, came in the flesh, and is back with God in the glory he had with the Father before the world began. Thus he could be back in spirit (form) allowing him to dwell with us and in us.

My understanding of spirit is this. We are persons and our spirit is that which we affect including ourselves. God spirit can be in all because he is infinite. But my spirit has a sphere of influence outside of myself, perhaps with my family and friends. Jesus spirit is with those whom God gave him. The family of God.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Hi t8,

Did Jesus preexist in heaven?

Please clarify your views on this as you gave us mixed messages.

Nick, I am pretty sure I have said this before but I will say it again. The Word became flesh and dwelt among men and they beheld him. What was it they beheld, it was Jesus and the Book of John is about Jesus. Sure he was named Jesus by his parents and was born as a man like us, but his origins are more ancient than that. The name Jesus might have been given 2000 or so years ago, but that is not proof that Jesus the person is that age.

If Jesus is just flesh to you, then you trust in flesh and the flesh is futile. If you do not trust in Jesus, but only Jesus Christ, then you do not trust in Jesus right? This is what you seem to be implying. Your writings allude to you not trusting in Jesus. The bad news for you is if you do not trust in Jesus, then you do not trust the Father. Take note of who is speaking in the following verses.

John 14:1
    “Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.

John 4:50
    Jesus *said to him, “Go; your son lives.” The man believed the word that Jesus spoke to him and started off.

Who spoke to him Nick? Was it Jesus?

John 6:29
    Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent.”

Do you believe in Jesus Nick?

John 6:35
    Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; he who comes to Me will not hunger, and he who believes in Me will never thirst.

Who is the bread of life? Is it not Jesus?

John 8:31
    So Jesus was saying to those Jews who had believed Him, “If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine;

Did some Jews believe in Jesus? Whose word? Jesus word?

John 10:25
    Jesus answered them, “I told you, and you do not believe; the works that I do in My Father’s name, these testify of Me.

John 11:25
    Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies,

Jesus is the resurrection and the life Nick.

I get the impression that you believe not in Jesus, but only Jesus Christ. But I am reading plenty here that many believed and trusted and acknowledged Jesus.

You see Nick. When a person believes in Jesus they are not just believing in a man, but in the Father also. This is why we believe in Jesus. Is it wise to be biased between Jesus and Jesus Christ?

kerwin
    Participant

@t8, and whomever else is interested,

Matthew 12:18New King James Version (NKJV)

“Behold! My Servant whom I have chosen,
    My Beloved in whom My soul is well pleased!
    I will put My Spirit upon Him,
    And He will declare justice to the Gentiles.

These words imply God’s Servant did not posses the Spirit of God prior to the time God gave it to him and that time was after the time that Isaiah foretold it would happen.

Let us assume that God is speaking of an angel or other heavenly being. In that case there would be heavenly beings that did not posses the Spirit of God and so are not part of the unity of the Spirit. I find this ideal repugnant because those not in the unity are separate from God. This is also why I believe Jesus was given the Spirit before he had the ability to live according to the flesh.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

One verse and your logic and opinion suffices for you?

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

It is two verses and the context of Scripture in general. The second verse is Ephesians 4:1-6 where the unity if the Spirit is addressed. I am also using as some of the context Galatians 5:16-23.

Believers are not to be mentally lazy but instead to learn by the sweat of our brows.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

James explained how sin gets control over a person.

The law was given to give man the ability to prevent that happening by identifying sin.

We do not need to imagine Jesus had any advantage over any other normal man born under the Law.

Speculations do not add value to scripture

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Jesus did have an advantage over those humans that did not have the Spirit just like those that have received the Spirit has have an advantage over those that have not yet received it. Jesus did not obtain the righteousness of God by human effort but he did obtain it by the Spirit.

Titus 3:4-5New King James Version (NKJV)

4 But when the kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared, 5 not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit,

Jesus was saved according to the mercy of God and not according to the works righteousness he had done.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

Is it true that you believe that Jesus was an angelic being dressed in flesh?

If not can you clarify what you believe .

This is a new teaching .

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Like you jump to the conclusion my reasoning is speculation, so to did the Sadducees decide that Jesus’ reasoning was flawed. As answered them so do I answer you. Scripture cannot be broken.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

But deductions from scripture can be flawed.

Logic fails the spiritual

• This reply was modified 8 years, 8 months ago by Admin.
    kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Deductions based on Scripture can be flawed and yet Jesus used one to prove that the doctrine of Sadducees was wrong. If a teaching is not valid or sound it is not from God. That does not mean that all teachings that are both valid and sound are from God. Jesus’ argument proved the Saducees conclusion that there is no resurrection mentioned in the OT is illogical teaching and so broken even though they claimed there was no resurrection because it was not written that there was. Some still make the same basic error the Saducees made though there teaching may differ from the later.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Jesus Christ is truth.

There is some doubt as to your qualifications.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

heb 10.5f

Therefore when Christ came into the world, he said

‘Sacrifice and offering you did not desire,

but A BODY YOU PREPARED FOR ME;

with burnt offerings and sin offerings You were not pleased.

Then I said’ Here I am-it is written about me in the scroll-I have come to do your will, O God’

The body of Jesus was prepared for Christ.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

I am but a student but I assume you believe Jesus’ actions and words were righteous. If you do then know that the logical reasoning Jesus used was not flawed and not of the flesh. Instead it was of the Spirit.

I know the Roman Catholic church and others have preached against the use of logic but I suspicion that is because their teachings are broken.

Viewing 20 posts - 16,941 through 16,960 (of 19,165 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account