Preexistence

• This topic has 19,164 replies, 120 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Nick.
Viewing 20 posts - 16,561 through 16,580 (of 19,165 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

T8……SAYING I AM , IS NOT SAYING I EXISTED AS A LIVING BEING before Abraham, You are adding that to the text. You can produce one scripture where Jesus hims ever said he existed before his berth on this earth. You can only force the text to say what in fact it does not “specifically” say. Your speculating about a subject that if it were true JESUS would have very clearly explained that to us and all his deciples andthey would have written about it and explaind clearly for all to understand. Haven’t you ever questioned why it is not clearly expounded. How was Jesus prexisting?, was he an angel,a God, or what, and why is there no one words showing any past activity by him in the old testement or new testement?

I know this challenges your whole believe system t8 but what we are telling youis true brother.

peace and love to you and yours. ………..gene

Participant

Hi T8:

Who living in the USA, denied his citizenship and came to England.

Notice that I did not say in the above sentence that He pre-existed in the USA.

Well, good, neither does Philippians 2:6 say anything about pre-existence.  The scripture is speaking about the “mind of Jesus Christ”.  You won’t find any mention of Jesus Christ in the scriptures prior to his born into this world.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

Do you hear the voice of a man or of the Spirit?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,

Yes the Word was made flesh and dwelt among us.

Jesus was the vessel for the Word.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

T8……It’s time for you to understand you have been mislead by SATAN false teachings of Jesus’ preexistence, just as billions of people have, Satan wants all humans to think Jesus was not exactly like them, but was different then we are, it is all part of his lie in making JESUS appear different then we are. He hates all humanity because God has placed mankind in such high position of honor and glory and has even put everything under the foot of mankind, JESUS has achieved that Goal, that is waiting for all of us. Satan’s plan all along was to destort our brother Jesus from our exact likeness, he is jealous of mankind always was. It is his “DOCTRINE OF SEPERATION”, WE ARE FIGHTING AGAINST. You have come out of part of it , the part about Jesus being a God, but haven’t come out of the rest of it, about Jesus preexisting his berth on this earth. Pray about it and if God is with you He will show you if you truly love the truth. IMO

peace and love to you and yours. ………..gene

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Admin.
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

Jesus answered.

Did you expect the voice to come from somewhere else than the vessel it was residing in?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

Mk 1.23

Just then there was a man in the synagogue with an unclean spirit;AND HE CRIED OUT

“What business do we have with each other Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us?

I know who you are -the Holy One of God”

And Jesus REBUKED HIM , saying

“be quiet and come out of him”

What is it about man being a vessel you do not understand?

We are vessels designed to be used of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8

“you wont talk me out of this”

Yes hearing is your choice.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

Jesus was not before Abraham.

He was not conceived then.

The Spirit of Christ was.

Listen to the Spirit

kerwin
    Participant

t8,

“Your father Abraham rejoiced that he would see my day. He saw it and was glad.”

This implies Abraham saw Jesus’ day after he rejoiced as “would see” is speaking of something that will be seen in the future.

The Jews misinterpreted his words.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Nick. So Jesus is a life form and the Word was too? I have never understood what you are proposing here. A merger of two life forms into one? An attribute of God applied to Jesus the man? Perhaps you mean Jesus is the flesh a shell and the Word took that empty body.

Does anyone know what Nick is trying to communicate. I haven’t figured it out yet. I have made guesses as to what he is saying. Does anyone know?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Kerwin. Jesus is also the truth. Is it not possible that truth, logos, and life can be both an attribute of God and a person that is not God?

Can a person be named a ‘rock’ or ‘grace’.

Why do some people ignore the possibility that logos can be person and an attribute of God as well?

By the way, whatever your opinion, it is true that there are persons called or named after an attribute of God.

Jesus of course would have many names as he is the image of the invisible God, the first-born of all creation.

Ed J
    Participant

Nick. So Jesus is a life form and the Word was too? I have never understood what you are proposing here. A merger of two life forms into one? An attribute of God applied to Jesus the man? Perhaps you mean Jesus is the flesh a shell and the Word took that empty body.

Does anyone know what Nick is trying to communicate. I haven’t figured it out yet. I have made guesses as to what he is saying. Does anyone know?

Hi T8,

“The spirit of Christ”, according to Nick’s belief, is the “HolySpirit”.
    I, on the other hand, believe “the spirit of Christ” is HolySpirit’s son. (ref. Matt.1:18, Matt.1:20, Luke 1:35)

“The spirit of Christ”, according to Nick’s belief, is the “The Word”.
    I, on the other hand, believe the “HolySpirit” is “The Word” (ref. John 6:63, Eph.6:17, Heb 7:28)

We both believe that “The Word” was made flesh (in Jesus) at Jordan. (ref. Acts 10:38, 2Cor.5:19, John 1:14)
    I hope that clarifies things a bit for you 🙂

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

John said he touched the Word in his first letter.

Did he touch God?

The Word is not a life form any more than God is a life form.

The Word is the Spirit of Christ.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ED,

In the Holy Spirit is both the Father and the Son as spirit.

We shall come to you.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ED,

God is spirit.

Now the Lord is spirit.

kerwin
    Participant

t8,

It is possible but I have not seen it where Jews of that age called the Messiah Logos. I have seen where they said The word of God has the characteristics of God.

Ed J
    Participant

Jesus of course would have many names as he is the image of the invisible God, the first-born of all creation.

Hi T8,

Col 1:15, where this phraseology is used, is referring Christ’s “birth-right” – and that’s why Paul
    (in verse 18) also uses the phrase “first-born of the dead”, these phrases both declare Christ’s “preeminence”.

It is not ‘a secret coding’ to say ‘Christ was created first’ as Pierre would have us to believe.
    He does this because he believes God (according to him) created Christ first(=before Angels).
    I on the other hand believe there was no Christ, or spirit of Christ, before man.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi t8,

John said he touched the Word in his first letter.

Did he touch God?

Hi Nick,

“our hands have handled, of the Word of life;” (1John 1:1)

John here is referring to his part (as the “few who are chosen”)
    to take part in writing “The Bible” – AKA: “handling “The Word””

…to say: ‘this refer to the apostles touching Jesus’
    would show an incorrect carnal understanding of Scripture.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Read it carefully and remove all bias kerwin.

56 Your father Abraham rejoiced that he would see my day. He saw it and was glad.” 57 So the Jews said to him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have you seen Abraham?”[d] 58 Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.”

The Jews could have been questioning how Jesus could have known about Abraham’s reaction as he lived long ago. This fits with the Jews inquiry about his age. Instead of Jesus saying, something like, “oh you misunderstand, I saw this in a vision” or “my Father told me so” or some other reason that doesn’t point to the pre-existence of Jesus. Instead, he solidifies their suspicion with the words: “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am”. This blew away any misunderstanding and they were clearly upset at what he said. So why are you also upset or arguing against this notion. Are you like the Jews and doubt his words perhaps?

“I am”  = “I exist”.

“Before Abraham was, I exist”.

You would have me believe that the Jews misunderstood how Jesus could know about Abraham and that they also misunderstood Jesus defense to that accusation by saying “before Abraham I am”. I don’t go along with that double misunderstanding. I think the Jews knew exactly what he was implying when he said, “before Abraham I am”.

Jesus wasn’t just an ordinary man, he came from Heaven. He was the Word that was with God and became flesh. His name is the Word of God.

Viewing 20 posts - 16,561 through 16,580 (of 19,165 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account