Preexistence

• This topic has 19,164 replies, 120 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Nick.
Viewing 20 posts - 16,301 through 16,320 (of 19,165 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

Yes it is the answer. It is clear. Further, I framed it in a context that is important. That all spirit comes originally from God.

So my view is that unity in spirit means that our spirits are connected with the Holy Spirit which in turn connects us with all who have the Holy Spirit.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi T8,

Yes it’s nice to agree on – what we consider important Theology.

Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org _________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    ”Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.” – JEHOVAH GOD

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

All the world is under the power of the evil one.

Unity is not proof of the work of the Spirit.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Agreed. Unity with our spirit and God’s Spirit is proof that we are the sons of God.

terraricca
    Participant

t8

Agreed. Unity with our spirit and God’s Spirit is proof that we are the sons of God.

there is no scripture that says that ;only if you including the deeds of our true faith

Proclaimer
    Participant

The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children.

Romans 8:16
    For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, “Abba! Father!” The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him.

terraricca
    Participant

@t8

yes your scripture is true but not without the added content;

Ro 8:1 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,
    Ro 8:2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death.

Ro 8:9 You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ.
    Ro 8:10 But if Christ is in you, your body is dead because of sin, yet your spirit is alive because of righteousness.
    Ro 8:11 And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit, who lives in you.
    Ro 8:12 Therefore, brothers, we have an obligation—but it is not to the sinful nature, to live according to it.
    Ro 8:13 For if you live according to the sinful nature, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live,
    Ro 8:14 because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.

2Pe 1:3 His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.
    2Pe 1:4 Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.
    2Pe 1:5 For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge;
    2Pe 1:6 and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness;
    2Pe 1:7 and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love.
    2Pe 1:8 For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

when we have done the above ;i will agree that ;

Romans 8:16
    For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, “Abba! Father!” The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him.

without the deeds of the faith in Christ we cannot claim that our spirit can do what Paul says in Roman 8;16 for the spirit received is given through our deeds in the faith ;in my understanding

Proclaimer
    Participant

The point is terraricca that being connected with God’s spirit is a true way to know you are his child. This is what Paul taught. This doesn’t negate the need for salvation, repentance etc. When we are born from above, we have fellowship with God and with one another. This is how we know we belong to him.

terraricca
    Participant

@t8

agreed, i just wanted to be clear that we cannot obtain one without the other ,

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ED and t8,

You believe that the spirit of the man Jesus is the Spirit of anointing??

The spirit that left him at Calvary?Jn 19.30

“I will never leave you or forsake you”

After his death Peter tells us he was ALIVE IN THE SPIRIT.1peter 3.18

How could this be?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ED,

Yes, we all preexisted our physical flesh!
    Thanks very much for your concern in this matter!
    2Tm.1:9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling,
    not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace,
    which was given [[[us]]] in Christ Jesus before the world began, (John 15:27)

So being called somehow presupposes we must have all existed in the beginning?

Prophecy ??

Proclaimer
    Participant

Nick, Jesus has his own spirit, God is Spirit, and he can dwell in us and he dwells in his son.

All spirit originates in the Father. He is the Father of spirit. He is the Father of us and the son.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

Yes Jesus the man had a human spirit-it left at calvary when he died.[Jn19 etc]

Yes the Father of spirits gives life and takes their spirits back when they die[ecc 12]

Yes the Spirit of God can indwell any clean human vessel that asks, seeks and knocks.

Proclaimer
    Participant

So Nick, your view is Jesus + Christ = Jesus Christ.

Good so far.

Then any reference before Jesus + Christ = Jesus for you whereas other talk about Christ.

He existed in the form of God and emptying himself and came here.

Surely if the Word was God, then was WITH God and then came in the flesh, then why not trace his ancestry back to the Word. Why always the flesh? After all, you are always saying, “The flesh counts for nothing”. Does that mean your view counts for nothing then?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Admin.
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

Jesus was conceived in Mary and born in Bethlehem.

He became the Christ, the Word made flesh.

Now he is the Christ we no longer speak of him according to the flesh. 2 cor 5.16

“Therefore from now on we recognise no man according to the flesh; even though we have known Christ according to the flesh, yet now we know him thus no longer”

KNOW HIM THUS NO LONGER

Now the Lord IS the Spirit.

So in reference to Phil 2 it is the Spirit of Christ[the Word] that is referred to. The Word is of ancient origins. The Word was with God in the beginning.

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

Hi! I have a question. Does this verse mean that Jesus preexist?
    Proverbs 30:4 Who has gone up to heaven and come down? Who has gathered the wind in His hands?
    Who has bound up the waters in a cloak? Who has established all the ends of the earth?
    What is His name, and what is the name of His Son—if you know?
    Thanks. DannyD

kerwin
    Participant

Danny Dabbs,

I think it is a prophecy of Christ but other than that I do not see where it implies he preexists.

The sum of this discussion is that some believe certain passages imply Jesus preexists his conception while other do not see any passages as implying that he preexists his conceptions. I have trouble seeing how it is an issue since conception means mitosis occurred which in itself implies that Jesus’s body did not preexist his conception.

terraricca
    Participant

kerwin

before you give your personal opinion could you answer all and everyone of the scriptures that t8 gives in his OP

then we will see if you know something or nothing ,

thanks

terraricca
    Participant

All

my question is did the apostles believed that Jesus the Christ was preexisting his coming ? or was he just a man like them common ,please show scriptures

kerwin
    Participant

Terrarica,

It is not an opinion. It is the what occurs during conception of a living creature. The cells divide from a one cell organism to become a multi-cell organism. Mitosis is one of the process that occur in the formation of a body.

Viewing 20 posts - 16,301 through 16,320 (of 19,165 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account