Preexistence

• This topic has 19,164 replies, 120 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Nick.
Viewing 20 posts - 15,861 through 15,880 (of 19,165 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    It was the Spirit that was sent from heaven, not a man.

1Peter 1
    11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.

13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WU,
    You said in another thread

“If you dont believe that God was speaking through Jesus.
    May God help you.”

and yet you say in this one

“Jesus said: before Abraham was; I AM.
    He also said: that He came from heaven; not of the womb of Mary.”

The two statements do not match

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 25 2014,13:10)
    Hi,
    It was the Spirit that was sent from heaven, not a man.

1Peter 1
    11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.

13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

Nick

all what you have shown is Peter explain to believers what had happen when the time that THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD CAME DOWN FROM HEAVEN APPEARED ,

NOT THE SPIRIT THEIR OF

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 25 2014,13:16)
    Hi WU,
    You said in another thread

“If you dont believe that God was speaking through Jesus.
    May God help you.”

and yet you say in this one

“Jesus said: before Abraham was; I AM.
    He also said: that He came from heaven; not of the womb of Mary.”

The two statements do not match

nICK

WHERE DOES IT SAY ;WORDS OF JESUS ;I COME FROM THE WOMB OF A WOMEN ;???

BUT HOW MANY TIMES IS IT REPORTED THAT ;jESUS SAYS ;i COME FROM ABOVE ,OR I CAME DOWN FROM THE FATHER AND SO RETURN ;

AND WHAT ABOUT THOSE THAT WITNESS THAT HE CAME OR EXISTED BEFORE HE CAME LIKE JOHN THE BAPTIST ;

Jn 1:30 This is the one I meant when I said, ‘A man who comes after me has surpassed me because.’

he was before me

IT WAS HARD FOR THE PHARISEES TO BECOME “BORN AGAIN ” HOW HARD IS IT FOR PEOPLE TODAY THAT ALL THEIR LIFE S HAVE BELIEVED FALSE TEACHINGS FROM MEN.???

AND REMEMBER THAT GOD ALWAYS SAID THAT HE AS SEND HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON TO SAVE HUMAN KIND,ABRAHAM BEING WITH ISAAC A SYMBOLIC IMAGE OF IT ,

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

wakeup………God was “in” the “MAN” Jesus, by the Spirit of the ” ANOTING” that is why the “MAN” is called the “CHRIST OF GOD”. It was not Jesus who said destroy this “TEMPLE” and in three days I shall raise it up that was God the Father speaking directly through  Jesus' mouth.

Your making Jesus a man, the anointing that was in him, you simply do not believe that God the Father was truly “IN” Jesus by the ” anointing ” spirit he received at the Jordan river, as i have said you have bought into the biggest lie fostered on humanity, that Jesus is a God, and Preexisted his berth on this earth. your doing exactly what Satan wants wakeup, he wants you to not see Jesus as a fellow human being a fellow human who God perfected and as put all things under his feet, it was and is God's will and purpose that “ALL THINGS” are put under the foot of “MAN”, in that he says “ALL THINGS” therefore, THERE IS “NOTHING” that is not under the foot of “MAN”, (Heb 2:7-8) every one needs to read it and think about what is being said there.   Satan hates those scriptures and so does his followers, those of the synagogues of Satan.

peace and love to you and yours…………….gene

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ May 26 2014,00:54)
    wakeup………God was “in” the “MAN” Jesus, by the Spirit of the ” ANOTING” that is why the “MAN” is called the “CHRIST OF GOD”. It was not Jesus who said destroy this “TEMPLE” and in three days I shall raise it up that was God the Father speaking directly through  Jesus' mouth.

Your making Jesus a man, the anointing that was in him, you simply do not believe that God the Father was truly “IN” Jesus by the ” anointing ” spirit he received at the Jordan river, as i have said you have bought into the biggest lie fostered on humanity, that Jesus is a God, and Preexisted his berth on this earth. your doing exactly what Satan wants wakeup, he wants you to not see Jesus as a fellow human being a fellow human who God perfected and as put all things under his feet, it was and is God's will and purpose that “ALL THINGS” are put under the foot of “MAN”, in that he says “ALL THINGS” therefore, THERE IS “NOTHING” that is not under the foot of “MAN”, (Heb 2:7-8) every one needs to read it and think about is being said there.   Satan hates those scriptures and so does his followers, those of the synagogues of Satan.

GeneB.

Is it that you can not perceive, or is it that you will not.

Someting was made flesh;that was not flesh at the beginning. What is that something?

God and the Lamb sitting in the throne of God; and both worshipped.Yet God said: beside me there is no God,nor saviour.

Revelation 4:11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and ***for thy pleasure they are and were created***.

Colossians 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: ***all things were created by him, and for him***:

REV 4:11 FOR THEY PLEASURE ALL THING ARE CREATED.
    *ALL CREATED FOR GOD'S PLEASURE.*

COLL.1:16. ALL THINGS CREATED BY HIM *AND FOR HIM*.
    *ALL CREATED FOR JESUS*

Please respond.

wakeup.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ May 25 2014,19:54)

Your making Jesus a man, the anointing that was in him, you simply do not believe that God the Father was truly “IN” Jesus by the ” anointing ” spirit he received at the Jordan river, as i have said you have bought into the biggest lie fostered on humanity, that Jesus is a God, and Preexisted his berth on this earth. your doing exactly what Satan wants wakeup, he wants you to not see Jesus as a fellow human being a fellow human who God perfected and as put all things under his feet, it was and is God's will and purpose that “ALL THINGS” are put under the foot of “MAN”, in that he says “ALL THINGS” therefore, THERE IS “NOTHING” that is not under the foot of “MAN”, (Heb 2:7-8) every one needs to read it and think about is being said there.   Satan hates those scriptures and so does his followers, those of the synagogues of Satan.

g

not in but with

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself
    2Cor 5.19

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WU,
    Do you or do you not believe God spoke through Jesus Christ when he said

“Before Abraham I am”??

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 25 2014,21:58)
    Hi T,
    God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself
    2Cor 5.19

Nick

not IN but through Christ

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 25 2014,21:59)
    Hi WU,

“Before Abraham I am”??

Nick

your question as no foundation how could this apply to God almighty ???

Abraham is a man and born many generation after Adam ,

and why would God tell to the Jews that before Abraham he was existing ???

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (gadam123 @ May 25 2014,00:55)
    …….what kind of human that Jesus can be if he was pre-existing prior to his birth? Can he be real human like you and me who are born with Adamic nature likely to be tempted and possibility of sinning?

Adam,

God can make children of Abraham out of stones. If God did so, would it matter that those children used to be something else before?

After all, Adam himself was nothing but dust before God formed him into a man, right?

I guess my point is: If God decides to make a human being, does it really matter what that human being used to be? Dust of the earth, natural elements, stones, a spirit being in heaven?

I say no. Because if the end result is a human being, then the end result is a human being, right?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 25 2014,00:57)
    Hi MB,
    You quote Jn 10.36 as evidence of a prelife anointing for Jesus

36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

Sanctified yes
    Anointed no

You do not seem to understand anointing by the Holy Spirit.

Nick,

Just Google “anoint set apart”. I quoted from about 8 different sources for you in the other thread, but there are hundreds of them out there.

The word “anoint” literally means “to smear or spread oil on someone/something”. But that is the physical manifestation of the actual anointing – which is the “setting apart as special, or holy”.

Jesus was “set apart as special” and sent into the world from heaven. That happened long before the physical manifestation of the dove landing on him.

Think it out……… do you really think the Holy Spirit always looks like a dove? Or does it make more sense that this visible image of a dove, which could be seen by human eyes, was for the benefit of human eyes? This was the symbolic “proof” of the anointing (setting apart as special) that happened long before the Jordan.

Jesus was directly fathered by the Holy Spirit, Nick……. so how can you say he didn't even HAVE Holy Spirit until the Jordan? How does that make sense to you?

Besides, we know from SCRIPTURE that Jesus was BORN the Christ/Messiah. And both of those words simply mean “anointed one”. So Jesus was BORN already BEING “God's anointed one”.

So I believe it's YOU who doesn't quite understand……….. yet.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (gadam123 @ May 25 2014,01:03)
    The question here- was Jesus literally pre-existed his birth? All verses you quoted are indirect references to pre-existence.

Hi Adam,

The list Pierre quoted for you is quite substantial.  But your take is that these verses are “indirect references”.  We, on the other hand, see them as easy to understand proofs of Jesus' pre-existence.

But the following is really the ONLY verse anyone really needs, Adam:

John 6:38
    For I have come down from heaven, not to do my will, but to do the will of him who sent me.

Jesus himself said these words…… and the words aren't hard to understand.

Nick and Gene will try to convince you that it was “the Spirit of Anointing” who said those words.

But that argument only works IF this “Spirit of Anointing” was a sentient being in heaven before HE came down from heaven.

We know this because only sentient beings have their own will, Adam.  And whoever said those words clearly had their own will, but was sent from heaven to do God's will instead.

So then the question becomes:  WHO (not “what”) was existing in heaven with his own will, but came to earth from heaven to do the will of He who sent him?

And the only two possible answers are:

1.  Jesus Christ himself – the one who actually said those words.

2.  The “Spirit of Anointing”, which was a sentient PERSON in heaven before being sent to earth to do the Father's will.

Since I don't have any pre-conceived teachings from men that I have to protect, I have no reason to think anyone but Jesus himself said those words – since John attributed those words TO Jesus.

The response from the Jews in verse 42 also sheds some light on the matter – since it shows that it was indeed “Jesus of Nazareth” who uttered those words.

And the words of Jesus in verse 62 should be enough to close the discussion once and for all, since Jesus attributes all of the former words to “the Son of Man” (as opposed to “the Spirit of Anointing”), and hints that some of them standing there would see this “Son of Man” ascend back into heaven – the place he said he came down from.

So, if one was to BELIEVE Jesus' own words in John 6, then they would also believe that Jesus himself came down from heaven, not to do his own will, but to do the will of the Father, who sent him down from heaven for that very purpose.

They would also believe that Jesus would ascend back to where he came from, ie: heaven.

I believe those words of Jesus, Adam.  Do you?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Wakeup @ May 25 2014,08:54)
    Something was made flesh; that was not flesh at the beginning. What is that something?

John 6:38 makes it clear it was a “someONE”, and not a “someTHING”.

So someONE was made flesh, and dwelled on earth with the glory of God's only begotten Son – sent from the Father.

SomeONE emptied himself and was made in the likeness of a human being.

SomeONE had to partake in flesh, since the children he came to redeem were flesh.

Who was that someONE?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    You say
    “John 6:38
    For I have come down from heaven, not to do my will, but to do the will of him who sent me.

Jesus himself said these words…… and the words aren't hard to understand.”

Do you think God's Spirit is in Jesus?

Do you agree the Spirit of Christ speaks through the Son?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (terraricca @ May 25 2014,10:08)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 25 2014,21:59)
    Hi WU,

“Before Abraham I am”??

Nick

your question as no foundation how could this apply to God almighty ???

Abraham is a man and born many generation after Adam ,

and why would God tell to the Jews that before Abraham he was existing ???

Brilliant point, Pierre! :)

What say you, Nick? Why would GOD be telling the Jews that He had existed before the man Abraham, who He created? ???

Jesus himself said those words. And the proper translation into English is, “Before Abraham was, I have been.”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Yes the Spirit of Christ was before Abraham.
    The Spirit of Christ was in the prophets
    1 peter 1.10-11

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Only natural men cannot hear the Spirit when Jesus Christ speaks.
    The audience was confounded then and some here still are.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    You have no scriptures to support the anointing of a man before his conception but you will fight to support your idea he was another god.

Viewing 20 posts - 15,861 through 15,880 (of 19,165 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account