Preexistence

• This topic has 19,164 replies, 120 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Nick.
Viewing 20 posts - 15,741 through 15,760 (of 19,165 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 09 2013,10:55)

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 07 2013,20:47)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 06 2013,08:31)

COULD the statement, “Give to me now that thing I HAD with you before” be referring to something the speaker ACTUALLY HAD with the other person before?  YES or NO?  (Answer HONESTLY, Kerwin)

Mike,

The context of Scripture does not allow for that understanding.

Then show me which scripture(s) prohibit such an understanding.

Mike,

Isaiah 7:14
    King James Version (KJV)

14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

and any other passage that speaks of Jesus being conceived.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Kerwin,

Can people be BORN again? YES or NO?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 09 2013,15:55)

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 07 2013,20:47)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 06 2013,08:31)

COULD the statement, “Give to me now that thing I HAD with you before” be referring to something the speaker ACTUALLY HAD with the other person before?  YES or NO?  (Answer HONESTLY, Kerwin)

Mike,

The context of Scripture does not allow for that understanding.

Then show me which scripture(s) prohibit such an understanding.

Mike…….You remind me of a Child who runs around an put stickers on everything that he want to mean what is not actually being said so you rush to a conclusion to shore up your belief system.

Look Just answer this honestly is there Just one scripture that says Jesus Christ “PREEXISTED” his berth on this earth Just one Mike that is all you have to do is produce it, can you? Yes or No, Please. and this whole exercises of debates will be over. And if you can't then at least admit it. One Specific Scripture that says Jesus PREEXISTED HIS BERTH ON THIS EARTH>  Preexist is a Greek Word used in the NT , but never in reference to Jesus.

I do not mean Scriptures you can force the text to imply it , but (JUST ONE) that “SPECIFICALLY” says it Mike. Wouldn't you think something so important as this would be “CLEARLY WRITTEN SOME WHERE in our SCRIPTURES if it were true ?

peace and Love to you and yours………………………….gene

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 10 2013,10:09)
    Kerwin,

Can people be BORN again?  YES or NO?

Mike,

Can a man reenter his mother's inner parts and be born again?

Can he become an non-conceived egg waiting for the power of Jehovah to cause him to be?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Kerwin,

Please DIRECTLY answer the question I asked.

Thanks.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 12 2013,09:07)
    Kerwin,

Please DIRECTLY answer the question I asked.

Thanks.

Mike,

Your question is too vague.  In what sense are you using “born”?

If you are asking if a man can enter into his mother's inner parts once more then hypothetically he can because all things are possible with God.  Can a man stop being so he can be conceived again.  That sounds like either destruction of the soul or reincarnation.  I have been led to believe Jehovah will choose not to do either of those.

I assume you are as the point is Jesus was conceived and born.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Mike……..There you go again ignoring the post I posted to you above. That is exactly what I expected you to do brother.

I am going to post you this from another source a scholar named….Paul W. Newman, in his writing on A SPIRIT CHRISTOLOGY

Recovering the Biblical Paradigm of Christian Faith

It has to be clearly stated that the presence of Spirit in Jesus did not make Jesus himself divine any more than it makes anyone else Devine when God is present as Spiirt. To speak about any human being as a divine person is to lose the distinction between Creator and creature. This either endangers monotheism with polytheism or amounts to idolatry that is, by definition, to treat as if it were the Creator. To say that Jesus was not a creature. Is to forfeit any realistic affirmation of his humanness .

Peace and love to you and yours………………………..gene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 12 2013,00:05)
    Mike,

In the same sense you are using “conceive”.  So answer the question.

Can a man stop being so he can be conceived again.

Can a man stop being so that he can be the “firstBORN from the dead”?  Or did Jesus really not die?

Your argument that beings can be “born” and “begotten” more than once, but not “conceived” is lame, IMO.  (Also note that this point is the ONLY point you even have – which makes it even more lame.)

Question:  IF there was a spirit being, let's say Michael the archangel, that God wanted to cause to be born as a human being – from a human mother, what word would YOU use to describe the event?  Would it be wrong to say that God caused the woman to CONCEIVE a child – even though Michael had already existed?

If so, then how exactly SHOULD they have worded it?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Mar. 12 2013,18:45)
    Mike……..There you go again ignoring the post I posted to you above. That is exactly what I expected you to do brother.

Good Gene.  Now keep expecting that same response every OTHER time you bring up this SAME point that I've addressed a hundred times already.  :)  Shall we go to the pre-existent database again?  You ask for ONE scripture, but when we give you FIFTY of them, you refuse to accept them.  Why should I go through that effort time and time again – just because you're stubborn?  ???

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Mar. 12 2013,18:45)
    It has to be clearly stated that the presence of Spirit in Jesus did not make Jesus himself divine any more than it makes anyone else Devine when God is present as Spiirt.

The word “divine” has many meanings, Gene.  Surely you've heard To err is human, to forgive is divine, right?  Or you've overheard someone at a restaraunt talking about how the cake is absolutely divine, right?

I do not believe Jesus is the Creator.  I never have believed that, nor have I ever stated it on this site.  In fact, I always tell Kathi that Jesus is a creation of God, and to worship him breaks the first commandment.

But if even WE can partake in “divine nature”, then I don't think it's too much of a stretch to assume that Jesus now dwells at the right hand of God with divine nature. Does that make him the God who created him? Of course not.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 13 2013,07:06)

Mike,

In the same sense you are using “conceive”.  So answer the question.

Can a man stop being so he can be conceived again.

Can a man stop being so that he can be the “firstBORN from the dead”?  Or did Jesus really not die?

Your argument that beings can be “born” and “begotten” more than once, but not “conceived” is lame, IMO.  (Also note that this point is the ONLY point you even have – which makes it even more lame.)

Question:  IF there was a spirit being, let's say Michael the archangel, that God wanted to cause to be born as a human being – from a human mother, what word would YOU use to describe the event?  Would it be wrong to say that God caused the woman to CONCEIVE a child – even though Michael had already existed?

If so, then how exactly SHOULD they have worded it?

Mike,

A human being is conceived when Jehovah breaths live into them.  That is when Adam's soul first became living.  Adam's soul is human.

If it is righteous Jehovah can unmake a soul.  If he made another it would only be a exact duplicate of the first, not the first, since that is no more. That sounds like an unrighteous deed as the time of judgement is not here and Jehovah does not destroy the righteous.

The second option is that Michael is reincarnated as an human being with an angel soul as his incarnation is as an angel.  If such a hypothetical was the case then Michael would not be a human being but would instead be an angel in a human body.

The third option is that Michael is reincarnated as a human boy and his soul changed to a human's.  I question if Michael would still be Michael after such a change as the soul is the essential person.

Even though Jehovah has the power, I do not see him having the inclination to do any of these things.

kerwin
    Participant

Mike,

Can God regress the age of a man until he has first become a living soul? I already said yes. The question is will he.

My mother would need to be resurrected and perhaps even made healthier in order to bear me a second time. All these things God can do unless it is evil to do so.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Mike ……..do me this favor if you can download Paul W. Newman's book and read it and see what you think. OK ?

Peace and love to you and yours…………………….gene

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Mar. 14 2013,02:01)
    Mike ……..do me this favor if you can download Paul W. Newman's book and read it and see what you think. OK ?

Peace and love to you and yours…………………….gene

All seem to have this passion for strange flesh.
    *Ignoring* The words of him that they suppose to worship.
    This, I call worshipping with lip service only.
    There fore how true are these words spoken:
    **Many are called but a few chosen**.

wakeup.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Wakeup………..so who do you worship other than GOD ALONE?

Peace and love …………………….gene

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Mar. 14 2013,03:23)

Gene B.

Do you know what Jesus words mean?
    And he was serious,he was not just blabbering.

Only by eating his flesh we can have life; period.
    I know that you want that life,but why not follow his words?
    Why keep on eating some other flesh,and expecting to have life? This will not happen.

I worship God through his son that died for us.

wakeup.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Mar. 14 2013,05:25)

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Mar. 14 2013,03:23)

Gene B.

Do you know what Jesus words mean?
    And he was serious,he was not just blabbering.

Only by eating his flesh we can have life; period.
    I know that you want that life,but why not follow his words?
    Why keep on eating some other flesh,and expecting to have life? This will not happen.

I worship God through his son that died for us.

wakeup.

Wakeup,

Do you know what it means to worship Jehovah through the chief son of his Spirit?

Your words make it seem as if you do not as religion of gods is not the religion of the one and only God.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Wakeup…………I agree with what Kerwin just posted. Jesus is NOT MY GOD He is my brother in the household of OUR GOD and OUR FATHER . HE gave himself for US he is our KINSMEN REDEEMER. He is my elder brother in the household of God.

Peace and love to you and yours…………………………gene

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Mar. 14 2013,10:45)
    Wakeup…………I agree with what Kerwin just posted. Jesus is NOT MY GOD He is my brother in the household of OUR GOD and OUR FATHER . HE gave himself for US he is our KINSMEN REDEEMER. He is my elder brother in the household of God.

Gene,

Miss-post.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Mar. 14 2013,15:45)

Do I have to write to you in chinese,or what?

John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: ****the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life****(do you want life or not)?

No strange flesh can replace his flesh.
    He has offered us his flesh,you take it or leave it.
    We need to eat his flesh(words).John 6:54–56.
    Or you die, spiritually dead.(just a candle with no flame).

All have gone over, and over discussing the bible and not going anywhere,stuck and bogged down in the mire.(dead stop).I think its time for some solid food,and grow in spirit.

While the time is nearing rapidly.
    Its time to move forward,and get some clothing on, or you will face the Lord naked,and he will see your shame.

wakeup.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Mar. 15 2013,09:06)

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Mar. 14 2013,15:45)

Do I have to write to you in chinese,or what?

John 6:63   It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: ****the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life****(do you want life or not)?

No strange flesh can replace his flesh.
    He has offered us his flesh,you take it or leave it.
    We need to eat his flesh(words).John 6:54–56.
    Or you die, spiritually dead.(just a candle with no flame).

All have gone over, and over discussing the bible and not going anywhere,stuck and bogged down in the mire.(dead stop).I think its time for some solid food,and grow in spirit.

While the time is nearing rapidly.
    Its time to move forward,and get some clothing on, or you will face the Lord naked,and he will see your shame.

wakeup.

Wakeup……..over dramatization is futile , what i quoted to you is scriptural and if you wan't I can produce the exact scripture to support what i have said.

Making Jesus your “GOD” is Idolatry, Just that simple , you need to worship who Jesus worshiped and it was not himself he worshiped Brother. Here another one for you right out of Jesus' own Mouth, For “Thou” art the “ONLY” True GOD.

peace and Love to you and yours…………………………gene

Viewing 20 posts - 15,741 through 15,760 (of 19,165 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account