Preexistence

• This topic has 19,164 replies, 120 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Nick.
Viewing 20 posts - 14,941 through 14,960 (of 19,165 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 03 2012,16:30)
    Hi MB,
    Would that be consistent with 1 Jn?

Are you kidding me? ??? It is not only the very essence of the teachings of John, but of many other writers of scripture as well.

Many scriptures speak of the Son through whom God created all things, whether visible or invisible, whether on earth or in heaven.

The very essence of John's gospel is how this Son became flesh, maintained a ministry on earth for 3 years, was killed, raised from the dead, and is now returned to heaven to be at the right hand of the God who sent him to the earth in the first place.

And not only is that theme taught by John, but it is supported by many scriptures that John didn't write.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    John touched the anointed man, and he was reached by the Word of God.
    That Word was with God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    John understood but you are stuck in the carnal view.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Nick,

I'm waiting for your answer to the last post on the previous page.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 04 2012,18:39)
    Hi MB,
    John understood but you are stuck in the carnal view.

N

this means if you do not understand it, no one can right ,and all others are carnal oriented except you right ????

how did you came to that conclusion???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    You make your choice based on dogma defence?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Nick,

Do you acknowledge the KNOWN FACT that John 1:1c can be translated as “God” by adding the definite article “the”; or translated as “a god” by adding the definite article “a”?

Do you ACKNOWLEDGE that the translation is up to the one doing the interpretation?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Whatever you are comfortable with?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

I'm talking about a FACT of translation here, Nick. Are you an honest man who will acknowledge and accept this simple FACT? Or will you pretend this FACT just doesn't exist?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    It is not the translators that give us truth but those with the Spirit discern what is true.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 04 2012,04:10)

Quote (Ed J @ June 03 2012,09:51)
    Hi Mike,

Isaiah 44:8 discounts 'a god' as a possibility.
    Sorry, but I cannot agree with you on that

Doesn't that scripture also discount Jehovah from being “the God of gods”, or “the Most High God”?  Yet He is those things, right?  :)

Quote (Ed J @ June 03 2012,09:51)
    It is only because you have been taught
    incorrectly, that you miss the fact that
    “The Word” refers to God's HolySpirit.

Actually Ed, I was taught “the Word was God” just like you.  But since that never aligned with the rest of the scriptures, I did my own research into this one little verse, and have learned the truth of the matter.

But I understand that what you were taught feels comfortable to you, like a broken in pair of shoes.  I understand that you prefer that comfort over the truth of the matter.

Hi Mike,

You weren't taught “The Word” was HolySpirit(God), were you?

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    You are not the arbiter of truth.
    Your own research is self serving.

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 01 2012,12:01)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ May 31 2012,18:43)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 01 2012,11:03)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 30 2012,11:42)
    Hi MB,
    Are you saying a lesser god worked outside of God's power?
    [acts 10.38]

No being has ever worked outside of God's power, Nick.  I'll see your Acts 10:38, and raise you an Acts 2:22.  :)

Mike,

If that were true, then we would have no need to test the spirit to see if they are of Yahweh or not, right?  ???

Frank,

Do you believe that Satan is able to work outside of God's power or permission?

Read Job again.

Or this verse:
    Daniel 7:25
    He will speak against the Most High and oppress his saints and try to change the set times and the laws. The saints will be handed over to him for a time, times and half a time.

Or this passage:
    Luke 22
    31 “Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift you as wheat. 32 But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers.”

Mike,

YOUR “God” gave Satan power to lie? :D

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Frank,

No one would have the power to even stand up if not for God.  No man would ever be able to rape a girl, or kill another man, if not for power given by God.

Don't confuse “power” from God with “the will” of God.

In the scriptures I quoted, by WHOM were the saints “handed over”? And to WHOM did Satan ask permission to sift the disciples like wheat?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ June 05 2012,01:10)
    Hi Mike,

You weren't taught “The Word” was HolySpirit(God), were you?

Nope.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 04 2012,21:28)
    Hi MB,
    It is not the translators that give us truth but those with the Spirit discern what is true.

First of all Nick, I'm not asking “what is true” right now.  What I'm asking for is your HONEST acknowledgment that, when translating John 1:1c from Greek to English, one can either render it as “the god (God)”, or “a god”.

This is just a simple grammatical FACT of translating those Greek words into English words.  Why is it so hard for you to acknowledge this FACT?   ???

Nick, in English, we can spell the word to describe a chopping tool as “ax”………….OR……….as “axe”.  Would you be able to acknowledge this simple grammatical FACT?  Or would you need to find somebody who has the Spirit to tell you whether or not this grammatical FACT is true?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Yes

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Yes to what, Nick?

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 06 2012,10:37)
    Frank,

No one would have the power to even stand up if not for God.  No man would ever be able to rape a girl, or kill another man, if not for power given by God.

Don't confuse “power” from God with “the will” of God.

In the scriptures I quoted, by WHOM were the saints “handed over”?  And to WHOM did Satan ask permission to sift the disciples like wheat?

Mike,

YOUR “God” gave men power to rape a girl, or kill another man? :D

mikeboll64
    Blocked

By whose power do YOU think they did those things, Frank?

Viewing 20 posts - 14,941 through 14,960 (of 19,165 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account