Preexistence

• This topic has 19,164 replies, 120 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Nick.
Viewing 20 posts - 14,761 through 14,780 (of 19,165 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    What is blasphemy to you?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 14 2012,17:42)
    Hi MB,
    So down among the others to you?

What? ???

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 15 2012,17:50)
    Hi T,
    What is blasphemy to you?

blas·phe·my/ˈblasfəmē/
    Noun:
    The act or offense of speaking sacrilegiously about God or sacred things; profane talk.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t, Jn 10:33 “We are not stoning you for any of these,” replied the Jews, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”
    Jn 10:34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are gods’ ?
    Jn 10:35 If he called them ‘gods,’ to whom the word of God came—and the Scripture cannot be broken—
    Jn 10:36 what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 15 2012,20:23)
    Hi t,                                                                                                                              Jn 10:33 “We are not stoning you for any of these,” replied the Jews, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”
    Jn 10:34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are gods’ ?
    Jn 10:35 If he called them ‘gods,’ to whom the word of God came—and the Scripture cannot be broken—
    Jn 10:36 what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’?

N

So ,what is your point ???? You are quoting my scriptures back to me ???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    Because you have not understood what you posted.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 15 2012,23:02)
    Hi T,

N

I hardly do understand men's stupidity

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ May 15 2012,03:21)

Quote (Ed J @ May 14 2012,23:40)
    PIERRE, you mean
    your attempts to override…

“Ye are even my witnesses.
    Is there 'a God' beside me? yea,
    there is 'no God'; I know not any. (Isa 44:8)

Rudimentary logic does not override Scripture.
    Your understanding must instead conform to it!

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

edj

NO ,I do not over ride ;their is only ONE GOD like Jehovah ,and that is over all things ,that gives live to all things,

but this does not mean that their are no leaser gods 'with reduced power like THE WORD OF GOD CALLED JESUS CHRIST CALLED THE SON OF GOD,

their are many presidents in the USA but only one is from the USA Government ,General Motors as a president,so is FORD motors,and General Electric and thousands others

you inability so see truth is not of my doing  :D

PIERRE,

“[The LORD JEHOVAH] is the true GOD, he is the living God, and an everlasting king: at his
    wrath the earth shall tremble, and the nations shall not be able to abide his indignation.
    Thus shall ye say unto them, The gods that have not made the heavens and the earth,
    even they shall perish from the earth, and from under these heavens. (Jer 10:10-11)

God bless

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    Don't blame yourself.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ May 16 2012,11:14)

PIERRE, you mean

God bless

edj

NO ,I do not over ride ;their is only ONE GOD like Jehovah ,and that is over all things ,that gives live to all things,

but this does not mean that their are no leaser gods 'with reduced power like THE WORD OF GOD CALLED JESUS CHRIST CALLED THE SON OF GOD,

their are many presidents in the USA but only one is from the USA Government ,General Motors as a president,so is FORD motors,and General Electric and thousands others

you inability so see truth is not of my doing  :D

PIERRE,

“[The LORD JEHOVAH] is the true GOD, he is the living God, and an everlasting king: at his
    wrath the earth shall tremble, and the nations shall not be able to abide his indignation.
    Thus shall ye say unto them, The gods that have not made the heavens and the earth,
    even they shall perish from the earth, and from under these heavens. (Jer 10:10-11)

God bless

edj

what as all this as to do with what we were talking ????

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 16 2012,13:25)
    Hi T,
    Don't blame yourself.

N

you know what is a false Christian ????

well it is like a false mason or carpenter,those are men that have learn their trade with the eyes but never really learn it in school ,or by being train by some one with the knowledge,

and so they also brag about their work,and experience,but their are blind trades men and so they also blind Christians because they have rely on them self, their own mind,and eyes.

but rejecting the real teachings of the trades so they are at best copiers of others ,

and so have only a limited true knowledge.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ May 16 2012,09:23)

Quote (Ed J @ May 16 2012,11:14)

PIERRE, you mean

God bless

edj

you inability so see truth is not of my doing :D

PIERRE,

God bless

edj

what as all this as to do with what we were talking ????

PEIRRE

Everything! The ones YOU call gods will perish
    from the earth, and from under these heavens.

God bless

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

HEBREWS 12:2
    Does This Scripture Contribute to the Doctrine of the Trinity?

By Voy Wilks
    7/20/98

King James Version “Looking unto Yahshua the author and finisher of our faith; …”

Heb. 12:2, as it reads in the King James Version, might be construed as contributing to the doctrine of pre-existence, and therefore to the doctrine of the Trinity as well. If Yahshua is the author of our faith, does not this indicate that Yahshua is the Creator, and possibly, has existed forever? Unless Yahshua pre-existed there can not be a Trinity as the Christian Church teaches; “God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.” When we consult other reference material we see there is no intended support for the Trinity in Heb. 12:2, or that Yahshua pre-existed.

Archeogos

Young’s Concordance reveals that, of the four times archegos appears it is translated author one time (Heb. 2:12), quoted above, and means “beginning, chief leader.” Archegos is translated as captain one time:

“For it became him [Yahweh] … in bringing many sons to glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings” (Heb. 2:10);

Archegos is translated twice as prince (Acts 3:15; 5:31).

“But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you; And killed the Prince of life, whom Yahweh hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses” (Acts 3:14-15).

Had not Yahweh raised Yahshua from the dead, he would still be in the grave today. This reveals that Yahshua is not the author of life.

“Him hath Yahweh exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Savior, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins” (Acts 5:31).

Yahshua is NOW the Savior as well as prince. One day he will be King of Israel, ruler of the Kingdom of Heaven [Yahweh].

The word author seems to indicate an original source, but Yahshua was not not the original source of our salvation, nor of our being – our existence.The heavenly Father, is the original source of all things. He existed before Yahshua existed. Yahshua freely admitted that he did nothing on his own authority, but only that which the heavenly Father directed him to do (John 5:30-32; 7:15-19; 12:49-50; 14:24).

Once we understand this, we can see why most translators use words which are more correct than author in Heb. 12:2. Below are listed several versions which illustrate this improvement:

Better Translations

Revised Standard Version “… looking to Yahshua the pioneer and perfecter of our faith, …”

A pioneer is not an author, but one who goes before; who precedes others, who arrives ahead of others, or one who leads others into new areas.

The Norlie Version “Let us look for strength to Yahshua, the pioneer and perfecter of our faith.”

New American Version “… let us keep our eyes fixed on Yahshua, who inspires and perfects our faith.”

Cassirer Version “… having our eyes fixed on him who is the founder of our faith and the one who brings it to perfection, Yahshua, …”

Good News Bible “Let us keep our eyes fixed on Yahshua, on whom our faith depends from beginning to end.”

New Century Version “Let us look only to Yahshua, the one who began our faith and makes it perfect.”

Beck Version “… looking to Yahshua, who gives us our faith from start to finish.”

New English Bible “… our eyes fixed on Yahshua, on whom faith depends from start to finish: …”

Charles B. Williams Version “… keeping our eyes on Yahshua, the perfect leader and example of our faith, …”

Charle K.Williams Version “… with our eyes fixed on Yahshua, the leader and perfect model of our faith; …”

Jerusalem Bible “Let us not loose sight of Yahshua, who leads us in our faith and brings it to perfection: …”

The Living Bible “Keep your eyes on Yahshua, our leader and instructor.”

Weymouth Version “… simply fixing our gaze on Yahshua, the Leader and Perfecter of our faith.”

Ben Wilson Version (Diaglott) “Looking away to the Leader and Perfecter of the Faith, Yahshua, …”

Ferrar Fenton Version “… looking forward to the Leader and Trainer of our faith.”

New World Translation “… as we look intently at the Chief Agent and Perfecter of our faith, Yahshua.”

Bible in Basic English “Having our eyes fixed on Yahshua, the guide and end of our faith, …”

Koster Version “… looking to the Princely Leader and Perfecter, Yahshua …”

Emphasized Bible “Looking away unto our faith’s Princely-leader and perfecter, Yahshua …”

Sincere Translators

Perhaps it will be of interest to point out that most of these translators accept(ed) the pre-existence of Yahshua and the Trinity, yet they were interested in delivering a correct reading of Heb. 12:2. Therefore we see an improvement in their translations.

The True Message

The true message is, Yahshua is not the author (the source) of salvation, but the agent who represents the True Source; that is, Yahweh the Father, the Source of all created things, including the Great Salvation, as Scriptures indicate:

John 3:16 “For Yahweh so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.”

Yahweh the Father is the Great Life-Giver; the author of life. He is pleased to give life through his Son, Yahshua the Messiah.

Conclusion

In view of these considerations, the Jerusalem Bible reads very well:

“Let us not loose sight of Yahshua, who leads us in our faith and brings it to perfection” (Heb. 12:2).

There is no allusion to the Trinity or the pre-existence.

End Notes

Note #1: The name Yahshua has been restored to these Scripture quotations.

Note #2: In the KJV appear the words “… he [Yahshua] … became the author of salvation to all them that obey him” (Heb. 5:9). This is aitios, a different Greek word, used only here. Briefly, the following versions give the sense of this passage:

“And when he had finished, he became One who gives everlasting salvation to all who obey him” (Heb. 5:9, Beck Version).

“And when he had been made complete, he became the giver of eternal life to all those who are under his orders” (Heb. 5:9, Bible in Basic English).
    SOURCE

Did Yahshua Create Or Pre-exist His Birth?

“Jesus IS God!”?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ May 16 2012,09:30)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 16 2012,13:25)
    Hi T,
    Don't blame yourself.

N

you know what is a false Christian ????

well it is like a false mason or carpenter,those are men that have learn their trade with the eyes but never really learn it in school ,or by being train by some one with the knowledge,

and so they also brag about their work,and experience,but their are blind trades men and so they also blind Christians because they have rely on them self, their own mind,and eyes.

but rejecting the real teachings of the trades so they are at best copiers of others ,

and so have only a limited true knowledge.

Hi Pierre,

Mmmm? …more opinions stated as evidence?

God bless

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ May 15 2012,16:31)
    PEIRRE

Ed,

Jeremiah 10 speaks of man-made idols, not living beings.

The angel that came to Manoah was called a god, yet didn't create the heavens and the earth.  Will this angel perish even thought he is a faithful servant of Jehovah?

Jesus is called a god, yet didn't create the heavens and the earth.  Will he also perish?

Btw, it is not Pierre and my who took it upon ourselves to call them gods, Ed. We simply believe and repeat what is written in scripture. Why not try to be scripturally correct instead of politically correct, Ed? Speak according to scripture instead of following the status quo.

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 15 2012,10:16)
    … there is no such phrase as “so-called god” in the entire scriptures.  Nor is any “false god” ever mentioned.

The Greek says “those called gods“, not “so-called gods”.

Mike,

“Those called gods” is the same as saying “so-called gods”!

There is ONLY ONE TRUE Mighty One (ONE SOURCE OF POWER) [“God”] and that is Father Yahweh. If there is ONLY ONE TRUE Mighty One (ONE SOURCE OF POWER) [“God”] Who is Father Yahweh, then it only stands to reason that all other “so-called” or “called” Mighty Ones (SOURCES OF POWER) [“Gods”] are FALSE Mighty Ones (SOURCES OF POWER) which would most definitely be in opposition to the TRUE MIGHTY ONE, Father Yahweh.

For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as indeed there are many “gods” and many “lords”), YET FOR US THERE IS BUT ONLY ONE MIGHTY ONE, the Father [Yahweh], from Whom all things came and for Whom we live; and there is but one Master, Yahshua Messiah, because of whom all things came and because of whom we live.

There are a number of translations that use to word phrase “so-called gods” in 1 Corinthians 8:5 as can be observed in just a few by clicking on the following hyper link:
    http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/8-6.htm

Idols are so-called “gods”:

For all the gods of the nations are idols, but Yahweh made the heavens (1 Chronicles 16:26).

We know that an idol/god has no power, strength or might whatsoever which would most certainly make them FALSE.

So then, about eating food sacrificed to idols: We know that an idol is nothing at all in the world and that there is no Mighty One but one (1 Corinthians 8:4).

All who make idols are nothing, and the things they treasure are worthless. Those who would speak up for them are blind; they are ignorant, to their own shame (Isayah 44:9).

BAAL Gad
    “LORD” God

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 14 2012,23:02)
    Hi T,

Nick,

You are not under the impression that you can only blaspheme against God Himself, are you?

If not, then what point are you making to Pierre? Where did he speak incorrectly?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ May 15 2012,18:24)
    Mike,

And are “those called Jews” just “so-called Jews”, Frank?  Are “those called disciples” really “so-called disciples”?

Speak according to scripture, Frank.  If scripture has no such phrases as “false gods” or “so-called gods”, then nor should your mouth if you're quoting scripture.

Jehovah Himself foretold through Isaiah that Jesus would be called a mighty god…………..and then he was called that.

Is your Lord, the second most powerful being existence, just a “so-called god” to you?

(Btw, no one is arguing that Jehovah is not the ONLY Omniscient Creator of All Things.  I'm only trying to get you guys to speak according to scripture instead of according to popular theory.  Scripture mentions many gods, Frank.  Popular theory says there exists only one.)

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 16 2012,11:21)

Quote (Ed J @ May 15 2012,16:31)
    PEIRRE

Ed,

Jeremiah 10 speaks of man-made idols, not living beings.

The angel that came to Manoah was called a god, yet didn't create the heavens and the earth.  Will this angel perish even thought he is a faithful servant of Jehovah?

Jesus is called a god, yet didn't create the heavens and the earth.  Will he also perish?

Btw, it is not Pierre and my who took it upon ourselves to call them gods, Ed.  We simply believe and repeat what is written in scripture.  Why not try to be scripturally correct instead of politically correct, Ed?  Speak according to scripture instead of following the status quo.

Hi Mike,

We been through this before: Manoah thought the Angel was
    “God” not 'a god'. And Jesus is not 'a god', but the “Son of God”.
    Your understanding doesn't get to overrule Scripture, like Isa 44:8.

God bless

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 16 2012,11:36)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ May 15 2012,18:24)
    Mike,

And are “those called Jews” just “so-called Jews”, Frank?  Are “those called disciples” really “so-called disciples”?

Speak according to scripture, Frank.  If scripture has no such phrases as “false gods” or “so-called gods”, then nor should your mouth if you're quoting scripture.

Jehovah Himself foretold through Isaiah that Jesus would be called a mighty god…………..and then he was called that.

Is your Lord, the second most powerful being existence, just a “so-called god” to you?

(Btw, no one is arguing that Jehovah is not the ONLY Omniscient Creator of All Things.  I'm only trying to get you guys to speak according to scripture instead of according to popular theory.  Scripture mentions many gods, Frank.  Popular theory says there exists only one.)

Mike,

There are many so-called sources of power (“gods”) in existence in the world, but they have no power whatsoever and in turn are false sources of power (“gods”).

Does Isayah 9:6 Proclaim Yahshua To Be Yahweh?
    Does Isaiah 9:6 Claim That “Jesus is God”?

JPS version, done in 1917. The Holy Scriptures According to the Masoretic Text: A New Translation. Philadelphia: Jewish Publication Society of America reads as follows:

“For a child is born unto us, a son is given unto us; and the government is upon his shoulder; and his name is called Pele-joez-el-gibbor (See END NOTE) -Abi-ad-sar-shalom.”

The 1985, and the revised e-edition of 1997, render Is. 9:5b as:

“… he has been named “The Mighty God is planning grace (d);
    The Eternal Father, a peaceable ruler.”

(d) = as in 25:1

Many question why the the JPS 1917 transliterate this portion of the passage as opposed to translating it. The reason is quite obvious. Christian translations have traditionally understood this prophecy to refer to “Jesus”, and then used this quite complicated name as a series of messianic titles. The JPS wanted to avoid
    this, and to emphasize that this is a (real or symbolic) personal name. Just
    like “Jonathan” is not translated “Yahweh-has-given” in the A.K.J.V. of the Bible. The A.K.J.V. does not translate “Immanuel” in 7:14 and etc. as “God-is-with-us”.

For not having a better explanation of this passage, I have on a number of occasions in the past explained that the A.K.J.V. reads “… his name shall be CALLED …”, not that his name IS all of these names. This passage is worded in a future tense. Understanding this passage as a future prophecy concerning Yahshua, would this not stand true? Is he not given all of these attributive names/titles at this time? None of these are his GIVEN name (singular) though. There was only one name (“… for there is NONE OTHER NAME under heaven GIVEN among men …” Acts 4:12) GIVEN to him at birth.

A messenger (“malak, angel”) of Yahweh conveyed to Yahseph [Joseph] that he was to call his name Yahshua and he did as the messenger of Yahweh had told him.

“And [Yahseph] knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name YAHSHUA. (Matthew 1:25)

The name Yahshua was GIVEN to him by Father Yahweh which was conveyed through His messenger.

“Wherefore Yahweh also has highly exalted him, and GIVEN him a name which is above every name: …” (Philippians 2:9)

Father Yahweh Is Our Supreme Redeemer

The Name YAHshua means 'YAHweh Is Redeemer'. Yahshua came in the Name of our Heavenly Father and Creator (Yahchanan [John] 5:43). Father Yahweh is our Supreme Redeemer THROUGH his son Yahshua. Yahshua said “No man comes unto the Father, but by me.” (Yahchanan [John] 14:6). Yahshua is our advocate with Father Yahweh (1 John 2:1). He is our mediator with Father Yahweh (I Timothy 2:5).

END NOTE

The Hebrew for “mighty god” in Isaiah 6:9 is gibbor el, which is nearly the same Hebrew as the name of the angel Gabriel.

The Net Bible has this interesting note on the title gibbor el (“mighty God”):

“probably an attributive adjective (“mighty God”), though one might translate “God is a warrior” or “God is mighty.” Since this title is apparently used later (10:21, but cf. Hos. 3:5) for God, some have understood it as pointing to the king's deity. Others argue that the title portrays the king as God's representative on the battlefield, whom God empowers in a supernatural way (see Hayes and Irvine, Isaiah, 181-82). The latter sense seems more likely in the original context of the prophecy. Having read the NT, we might in retrospect interpret this title as indicating the coming king's deity, but it is unlikely that Isaiah or his audience would have understood the title in such a bold way. Ps 45:6 addresses the Davidic king as “God” because he ruled and fought as God's representative on earth. Ancient Near Eastern art and literature picture gods training kings for battle, bestowing special weapons, and intervening in battle. According to Egyptian propaganda, the Hittites described Ramses II as follows: “No man is he who is among us, It is Seth great-of-strength, Baal in person; Not deeds of man are these his doings, They are of one who is unique.” (See M. Lichtheim, Ancient Egyptian Literature, 2:67) Isa. 9:6 probably envisions a similar kind of response when friends and foes alike look at the Davidic king in full battle regalia. When the king's enemies oppose him on the battlefield, they are, as it were, fighting against God himself.”

Notice that the NetBible scholars are Trinitarians, yet they are realistic and fair minded enough to recognize that gibbor el is not a title of deity. Other scholars agree.

Actually, the passage is not a particularly good one for Trinitarians. It would help the Oneness folks a lot more. The Trinitarian does not regard Jesus as the Father, yet the passage says he shall be called “everlasting father.” The Trinitarian has to do all sorts of twisting to insist that “gibbor el” should be taken as telling us that Jesus is God, but then the next phrase they have to explain away to tell us that he is not the Father.

The following article was obtained from the Assembly of Yahweh (7th Day):

THE MIGHTY EL – THE EVERLASTING FATHER
    Isaiah 9:6

“For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulders: and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, The Mighty God, The Ever lasting Father, The Prince of Peace” (KJV).

It seems that the Name which was to be given to Yahshua, the Son of Yahweh the Father, is a descriptive Name or Title which honors Yahweh. The Messiah came “in his Father's Name” (John 5:43). Below are quotations from several versions of the Bible which help to make clear the meaning of Isa. 9:6.
    (Some versions number it as verse 5).

The Complete Bible, By Smith and Goodspeed.
    “For a child is born to us; and the government will be upon his shoulders; and his name will be called 'Wonderful counselor is God almighty, Father forever, Prince of peace.'”

Knox Version
    “For our sakes a child is born, to our race a son is given, whose shoulder will bear the septre of princely power. What name shall be given him? Peerless among counsellors, the mighty God, Father of the world to come, the Prince of peace.”

The Emphasised Bible
    “… And his Name hath been called Wonderful Counsellor, Mighty God, * Father of Futurity **, Prince of Prosperity.”

* Footnote by the translator: “el gibbor, as in chapter 10:21”.

** “Father of Progress”.

The Holy Scriptures, by The Jewish Publication Society of America, Philadelpheia; 1917, 1945, 1955.
    “… And his name is called Pele-joez-el-gibbor-Abi–ad-sar–slalom.” ***

*** Footnote by the translator: “That is, Wonderful in counsel is God the Mighty, the everlasting Father, the Ruler of Peace.”

Holy Bible – Catholic Layman's Edition, Catholic Press Inc., Chicago; 1964.
    “… and his name shall be called, Wonderful Counselor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace.”

Douay-Rheims Version
    “… and his name shall be called, Wonderful Counsellor God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace.”

The Leeser Version
    “His name shall be called, Wonderful Counselor of the mighty El, of the everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace, …”

This Son was to be given names (or titles) which describe, honor and extol the heavenly Father in his exulted position. It is not that every one of these names describe the person and attributes of the Son to be born. Take the name Eliyah. The meaning is, “Yah is El.” This does not mean that Eliyah was El. Instead, Eliyah describes and reveals who Yahweh is; Yahweh is El. Many other names could be cited. So it is with Isa. 9:6. These names describe the grandeur and glory which the heavenly Father is entitled to receive.

The following was excerpted from: http://www.seekwhatistruth.com/studies….v

Isaiah 9:6: “His Name Shall be Called”

Isa.9:6 reads, “For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.”

Take a long hard look at Isa 9:6. Can you find anywhere in the entire Bible where the Son is called “Wonderful?” Can you find anywhere in the entire Bible where the Son is called “Counselor?” Can you find anywhere in the entire Bible where the Son is called “The mighty God?” Can you find anywhere in the entire Bible where the Son is called “The everlasting Father?” Can you find anywhere in the entire Bible where the Son is called “The Prince of Peace?” Not a one! Why is He never called the names Isaiah said He would be called? Take another long hard look and you will see the word NAME, not names. It is a single name! Oneness, many times have pointed this out to Trinitarians when discussing Mt 28:19, so they should be well aware of the difference.

These five descriptive titles are not really five different names, but are instead, one long, multiple name. Here are a few versions of the Old Testament that recognize this.

The Complete Bible, by Smith and Goodspeed.
    “And his name will be called ‘Wonderful counselor is God almighty, Father forever, Prince of peace.’”

The Holy Scriptures, by The Jewish Publication Society of America.
    “And his name is called Pele-joez-el-gibbor-Abi-ad-sar-shalom.” Footnote by the translators: “That is, Wonderful in counsel is God the Mighty, the everlasting Father, the Ruler of Peace.”

The Leeser Version
    “His name is called, Wonderful, counselor of the mighty El, of the everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace.”
    It seems that this name that was given to Yahshua the Son is a descriptive name or title which honors Yahweh His Father. Not unusual since Yahshua, the Son’s name, also honors the Father, meaning Yahweh is salvation. Notice the Jewish Version above, by means of hyphens, fastens them all together into one name or title, which the Messiah is to wear. The attributes that are revealed in this title are ascribed to the Father because, as we’ve said many times, Yahweh accomplishes everything by and through His Son.
    SOURCE

Viewing 20 posts - 14,761 through 14,780 (of 19,165 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account