Preexistence

• This topic has 19,164 replies, 120 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Nick.
Viewing 20 posts - 14,101 through 14,120 (of 19,165 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Hi Nick,

Romans 8:17-19 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ;
    if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. For I reckon that the sufferings
    of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
    For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God

the glory as of the only begotten of the Father (John 1:14)
            compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. (Romans 8:18)

The Word of the oath, which was since the law,
        maketh the Son, who is consecrated for evermore. (Hebrews 7:28)

1Pet.1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of
        incorruptible, by “The Word” of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Of his own will begat he us with “The Word” of truth,
        that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures. (James 1:18)

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus.
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    holycitybiblecode.org

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ED,
    Are you an equal to Jesus Christ?
    No way.

We are at best his wayward children and not fit to be called his brothers.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 19 2012,06:51)
    Hi ED,
    No way.

Hi Nick, (Matt 5:48)

the glory as of the only begotten of the Father (John 1:14)
    compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. (Romans 8:18)

Be ye perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
    Heb 11:40 God having provided some better thing for us,
    that they without us should not be made perfect.

עד (Joshua 22:34) (Ed) Witness

Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 18 2012,14:34)

Quote (942767 @ Mar. 17 2012,21:26)
    What Jesus said was as follows:

Jhn 17:5   And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.  

And he was speaking of the glory that God was about to give him by exalting to his current position as head of the church as the judge of the living and the dead.  He said “Now” glorify me, not “now glorify me again”…with the glory that I had with thee before the world was”.  This was foreordained.

Oh, I see.  :)

So even though his actual words were “the glory I HAD”, you have taken it upon yourself to alter the meaning of those words and decide that Jesus should have said “the glory I was foreordained to someday have” – because that is what he meant, huh?  :)

Let the actual written words of God teach you, Marty.  God has no need for your interpretations that add to, take away from, or alter the meaning of what was clearly written.

Hi Mike:

You already acknowledged that the glory of which he was speaking that he had, if he was speaking of some glory that he had in some pre-existant state, could not have been his position at the right hand of the Father as head of the church because the church did not exist at the beginning, yet he said, speaking to God our Father, Jhn 17:5   And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory “which I had with thee before the world was.”

And so tell me what he meant by the scriptures?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 19 2012,06:51)
    Hi ED,
    No way.

Hi Nick,

Phil 2:5-6 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who,
    being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Mar. 19 2012,12:31)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 18 2012,11:18)
    Wrong.  The Word wasn't made flesh until Jesus was born of Mary.  Yet somehow, Paul says it was JESUS who was existing in the form of God before he was MADE INTO a human being.

How did “JESUS” get into Paul's statement if “JESUS” wasn't really a part of the events described?  ???

Let the scriptures teach you, Nick.

Mike,

Never is Shaul [Paul] ever recorded in the so-called “New Testament” as saying “JESUS who was existing in the form of God before he was MADE INTO a human being.”

Did Yahshua Create Or Pre-exist His Birth?

f

he did not have to it was common knowledge,

1Jn 1:1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched—this we proclaim concerning the Word of life.
    1Jn 1:2 The life appeared; we have seen it and testify to it, and we proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and has appeared to us.

1Jn 1:5 This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all.
    1Jn 1:6 If we claim to have fellowship with him yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live by the truth.
    1Jn 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.

Jn 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

2Jn 1:7 Many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist.

Jn 1:30 This is the one I meant when I said, ‘A man who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’

Jn 3:13 No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man.

2Jn 1:2 because of the truth, which lives in us and will be with us forever:

2Jn 1:3 Grace, mercy and peace from God the Father and from Jesus Christ

3Jn 1:8 We ought therefore to show hospitality to such men so that we may work together for the truth.
    3Jn 1:9 I wrote to the church, but Diotrephes, who loves to be first, will have nothing to do with us.
    3Jn 1:10 So if I come, I will call attention to what he is doing, gossiping maliciously about us. Not satisfied with that, he refuses to welcome the brothers. He also stops those who want to do so and puts them out of the church.
    3Jn 1:11 Dear friend, do not imitate what is evil but what is good. Anyone who does what is good is from God. Anyone who does what is evil has not seen God.

Col 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
    Col 1:16 For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him.
    Col 1:17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 19 2012,13:51)
    Hi ED,
    No way.

N

so you know you are not one of the 144k (first fruits) well this settled that

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Ed,
    Perfection is the goal but we will never be equal to the head of the Body

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 19 2012,08:19)
    Hi Ed,
    Perfection is the goal but we will never be equal to the head of the Body

Hi Nick,

Romans 8:17-19 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ;
    if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. For I reckon that the sufferings
    of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
    For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 19 2012,08:16)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 19 2012,13:51)
    Hi ED,
    No way.

N

so you know you are not one of the 144k (first fruits) well this settled that

Hi Pierre,

I see you run things through YOUR filter too. Mike does this as well.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    The 144,000 first fruits are from the twelve tribes of Israel.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 19 2012,09:10)
    Hi T,
    The 144,000 first fruits are from the twelve tribes of Israel.

Hi Nick:

The whole body of Christ consists of the Twelve tribes of Israel.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    Which tribe are you?

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 19 2012,10:28)
    Hi 94,
    Which tribe are you?

Hi Nick:

God knows.

Participant

Hi Nick:

Want scripture?

Rom 11:16 For if the firstfruit [be] holy, the lump [is] also [holy]: and if the root [be] holy, so [are] the branches.

Rom 11:17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;

Love in Christ,
    Marty

NickHassan
    Participant

HI 94,
    YOU MAY BE RIGHT.

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 19 2012,08:14)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Mar. 19 2012,12:31)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 18 2012,11:18)
    Wrong.  The Word wasn't made flesh until Jesus was born of Mary.  Yet somehow, Paul says it was JESUS who was existing in the form of God before he was MADE INTO a human being.

How did “JESUS” get into Paul's statement if “JESUS” wasn't really a part of the events described?  ???

Let the scriptures teach you, Nick.

Mike,

Never is Shaul [Paul] ever recorded in the so-called “New Testament” as saying “JESUS who was existing in the form of God before he was MADE INTO a human being.”

f

he did not have to it was common knowledge,

1Jn 1:1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched—this we proclaim concerning the Word of life.
    1Jn 1:2 The life appeared; we have seen it and testify to it, and we proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and has appeared to us.

1Jn 1:5 This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all.
    1Jn 1:6 If we claim to have fellowship with him yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live by the truth.
    1Jn 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.

Jn 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

2Jn 1:7 Many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist.

Jn 1:30 This is the one I meant when I said, ‘A man who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’

Jn 3:13 No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man.

2Jn 1:2 because of the truth, which lives in us and will be with us forever:

2Jn 1:3 Grace, mercy and peace from God the Father and from Jesus Christ

3Jn 1:8 We ought therefore to show hospitality to such men so that we may work together for the truth.
    3Jn 1:9 I wrote to the church, but Diotrephes, who loves to be first, will have nothing to do with us.
    3Jn 1:10 So if I come, I will call attention to what he is doing, gossiping maliciously about us. Not satisfied with that, he refuses to welcome the brothers. He also stops those who want to do so and puts them out of the church.
    3Jn 1:11 Dear friend, do not imitate what is evil but what is good. Anyone who does what is good is from God. Anyone who does what is evil has not seen God.

Col 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
    Col 1:16 For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him.
    Col 1:17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

Pierre,

I am not speaking of what you refer to as “common knowledge”. I am speaking of what is actually said in Scripture from where we are to get our knowledge of the doctrine that it teaches and nowhere in Scripture does it ever say “JESUS who was existing in the form of God before he was MADE INTO a human being.”

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Mar. 18 2012,12:31)
    Mike,

5 Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:

6 Who, being in the form of God,
    did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
    7 but made himself nothing,
    taking the form of a servant,
    and was made into the likeness of a human being.

Are you sure, Frank?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Jesus Christ preexisted.
    But not as a PERSON
    The Word was with God

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Mar. 18 2012,12:56)
    Mike………..You ask how we would define the word GOD, I can give you my definition of the word , and will But now first give us YOUR Clouded one first. Then i will give you MINE>  From the first meaning of the word GOD it self.  I am Waiting?

From Webster's Dictionary:
    any of various beings conceived of as supernatural, immortal, and having special powers over the lives and affairs of people and the course of nature

Viewing 20 posts - 14,101 through 14,120 (of 19,165 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account