Preexistence

• This topic has 19,164 replies, 120 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Nick.
Viewing 20 posts - 11,321 through 11,340 (of 19,165 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Aug. 22 2011,18:02)

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 22 2011,05:31)
    Kerwin

what do you think this means? “The Spirit gives life;

Pierre,

It means that if you do as is written in:

Galatians 5

King James Version (KJV)

16This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

Then you will live.

Kerwin
    It means that if you do as is written in;
    this is true but you would still live if you do not do it ,

true Christians do not live for this world but for the promise that Christ as given us and so live in the faith of this promises what is everlasting live when Christ return

Pierre

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 22 2011,10:35)
    you have it right but i would like to know what the first part means ;the anointing in you

so explain this to me

Pierre

Terricca………….Maybe this will help.

1 John 3 : 9…….> Whoever has (past tense) been   born of God does not sin, because His (GOD'S) seed remains (IN) him; and he can not sin, because he has been born of GOD.  10…> In this the Childern of GOD and the Childern of the Devil are manifest; whoever does not practice righteousness is not of GOD nor is he who does not love his brother.

1 John 3:24….> Now he who keeps His (GOD'S) commandments abides in HIM (GOD), and  HE (GOD) in Him. And by this we know that He (GOD) abides in us, by the Spirit whom He (GOD)has given us.

Pierre that is the ANOINTING or CHRISTOS that was (IN) Jesus and can also be (IN) US as Paladin clearly brought out. God the FATHER was truly (IN) Jesus by that same Anointing IMO

peace and love…………………………..gene

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 22 2011,08:54)

Quote (kerwin @ Aug. 22 2011,18:02)

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 22 2011,05:31)
    Kerwin

what do you think this means? “The Spirit gives life;

Pierre,

It means that if you do as is written in:

Galatians 5

King James Version (KJV)

16This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

Then you will live.

Kerwin
    It means that if you do as is written in;
    this is true but you would still live if you do not do it ,

true Christians do not live for this world but for the promise that Christ as given us and so live in the faith of this promises what is everlasting live when Christ return

Pierre

Pierre,

What I wrote ties neatly into the following post of Gene's

Quote (Gene @ ,)

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 22 2011,10:35)
    you have it right but i would like to know what the first part means ;the anointing in you

so explain this to me

Pierre

Terricca………….Maybe this will help.

1 John 3 : 9…….> Whoever has (past tense) been born of God does not sin, because His (GOD'S) seed remains (IN) him; and he can not sin, because he has been born of GOD. 10…> In this the Childern of GOD and the Childern of the Devil are manifest; whoever does not practice righteousness is not of GOD nor is he who does not love his brother.

1 John 3:24….> Now he who keeps His (GOD'S) commandments abides in HIM (GOD), and HE (GOD) in Him. And by this we know that He (GOD) abides in us, by the Spirit whom He (GOD)has given us.

Pierre that is the ANOINTING or CHRISTOS that was (IN) Jesus and can also be (IN) US as Paladin clearly brought out. God the FATHER was truly (IN) Jesus by that same Anointing IMO

peace and love…………………………..gene

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 22 2011,08:51)
    kerwin

I will say where the spirit came Jesus walks by is from is that counts and not where the body that housed his inner person at that time.

are you writhing English ?
    I have no idea what you are saying

Pierre

Pierre,

I used lousy grammar and sentence structure.

I hope this is an improvement.

It is where the spirit, that Jesus chooses to walk by, comes from that counts while where the body, his soul is housed in, comes from does not.

What I mean ties into the last post I made to you in which I quoted Gene's post.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 22 2011,08:40)
    But the debate has always been about whether or not there even WAS an “inner person” who pre-existed the flesh.

Do you now agree there was?

Mike,

There is a debate whether the inner person preexists the conception of the human body. I am of the opinion it does not but I have not looked into the matter nor do I see where one position or the other is harmful to the message of salvation.

If it is not harmful then I am instructed not to force my opinion of the matter on others less I weaken their faith.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 22 2011,05:47)

Quote (kerwin @ Aug. 21 2011,13:59)
    Mike,

So now the Holy Spirit IS the Son of Man?     Oh brother!

It seems you have missed some of what is taught as it is written:

1 Corinthians 2:11
    King James Version (KJV)

11For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

Alternately translated

1 Corinthians 2
    Young's Literal Translation (YLT)

11for who of men hath known the things of the man, except the spirit of the man that [is] in him? so also the things of God no one hath known, except the Spirit of God.

If you look carefully you will see both versions of this scripture explicitly state no human being but one human being knows the things of man.   It clearly states that human exception is the spirit of the human that it is in.  Other scripture also calls the spirit of a human, a human for it is the old spirit of the man that is put to death and it is the new spirit of the man that rises from the grave in Christ.

This scripture compares the spirit of God to the spirit of man and since scripture calls the spirit of a human a human then the Spirit of God is called God.  So as the Spirit is called God it should be clear that it can also call the Spirit his offspring because it is “of” him.

Hi Kerwin,

Please explain that post to me.  Make a clear and direct claim so I know whether I agree with you or not.

Are you saying that God's Holy Spirit IS the Son of Man or not?

mike

Mike,

I am not claiming the Spirit of God is the Son of Man.

I am claiming that you can infer from 1 Corinthians 2:11 that scripture calls the Spirit of God, God.  You can also take that reasoning further to conclude that in the same way scripture can call the Spirit, the Child of God.

In a previous post I stated that the Son of God and the Son man are the same individual.  This is how I arrive at that conclusion starting at the above.

Jesus, a son of humanity, came into the Sonship when the Spirit came and directly made a home in him.  That union made him The Son of God.  That union also declared him to be first among mankind and so the Son of mankind.

This is why Jesus taught that the Son of man came from above and will return there.

The Spirit of the Son came from God and united with Jesus and rendered him the Son of mankind.  Because he walked by it and did not divorce it, even to the point of suffering and death, it will never leave him.   So when the Spirit of the Son returned to God, so did the Son of man.

Pastry
    Participant

Kerwin! You say a lot, but very seldom does that go with any Scripture….. Your own doctrine…. And you have not yet explains who it is in John 1:14 who the only begotten of the Father is? There is no way that is Gods Ho;y Spirit…..The Word of God who became flesh and is the only begotten of the Father; full of grace and truth…. Who is that Kerwin????
    Irene

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 22 2011,05:28)
    Kerwin

The seat of character that comes from above is one that is righteous and holy as is God’s.  Jesus constantly has such a seat of character.

what is the ? the seat of character that comes from above

Pierre

Pierre,

It is the part of a human being from his character is exercised when his character bears the fruit of righteousness.

These are the fruit that will be born.

Galatians 5
    King James Version (KJV)

22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
    23Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Pastry @ Aug. 23 2011,00:59)
    Kerwin!  You say a lot, but very seldom does that go with any Scripture….. Your own doctrine…. And you have not yet explains who it is in John 1:14 who the only begotten of the Father is?  There is no way that is Gods Ho;y Spirit…..The Word of God who became flesh and is the only begotten of the Father; full of grace and truth…. Who is that Kerwin????
    Irene

Irene,

I favor that John literally meant the Word of God and that the Spirit of God reveals the Word by his/her/it's actions and words.  That is why I quoted the passage from Genesis 1.

Whether my understanding of John's words are correct or not, I will assure you God testifies that:

1. The Word of God is God because it is his Word.
    2. The Word of God is with God because the Spirit of God is with God and reveals the Word of God.  
    3. The Word was made human because the Spirit united with the human Jesus and the Spirit reveals the Word.
    4. The Word made all thing and nothing was made without he/she/it.
    5. The Word made human has a glory like the glory of the Spirit the glory of the Spirit is that is that he/she/it reveals the Word.

Do you also believe these five items?

Whether or not my understanding of a particular passage is not important.  What is important is that I believe and live by the message of eternal life.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 22 2011,05:24)
    kerwin

11for who of men hath known the things of the man, except the spirit of the man that [is] in him? so also the things of God no one hath known, except the Spirit of God.

Jn 3:12 I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things?
    Jn 3:13 No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man.

Jn 4:22 You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews.
    Jn 4:23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.
    Jn 4:24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth.”

Kerwin,when you understand those scriptures you will see that the spirit of God can be understood in regards to men ,this is what Christ came to show and to demonstrate and teach it to his disciples

but not all are willingly to open their mind and heart to the words spoken by the son of God,

Pierre

Pierre,

I agree with the letter of this post.  It is for that reason I have been striving to share what I I know of the spirit(seat of character) that comes from above.

It is my hope that those that hear will look at things from the point of view of character realms and not physical realms.

I am discussing the same basic points in many posts and hope to consolidate them in the future to reduce the time I have used.

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Aug. 23 2011,07:11)

Kerwin!  You say a lot, but very seldom does that go with any Scripture….. Your own doctrine…. And you have not yet explains who it is in John 1:14 who the only begotten of the Father is?  There is no way that is Gods Ho;y Spirit…..The Word of God who became flesh and is the only begotten of the Father; full of grace and truth…. Who is that Kerwin????
    Irene

Irene,

I favor that John literally meant the Word of God and that the Spirit of God reveals the Word by his/her/it's actions and words.  That is why I quoted the passage from Genesis 1.

Whether my understanding of John's words are correct or not, I will assure you God testifies that:

2. The Word of God is with God because the Spirit of God is with God and reveals the Word of God.  
    3. The Word was made human because the Spirit united with the human Jesus and the Spirit reveals the Word.
    5. The Word made human has a glory like the glory of the Spirit the glory of the Spirit is that is that he/she/it reveals the Word.

Whether or not my understanding of a particular passage is not important.  What is important is that I believe and live by the message of eternal life.

Kerwin. it is important if we know who the only begotten of the Father is in verse 14 became flesh…. that you have not answered yet…. until you do, I will not answer yours…  Irene

terraricca
    Participant

kerwin

It is where the spirit, that Jesus chooses to walk by, comes from that counts while where the body, his soul is housed in, comes from does not.

It is where the spirit ?
    that Jesus chooses to walk by ?

comes from that counts while where the body ?

his soul is housed in ?

comes from does not ?

kerwin is this your truth that you share with us ,if so please do say nothing it would improve your image,

I have no clue of what you are saying ,i hope you do

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

kerwin

I know of the spirit(seat of character) that comes from above.

the spirit is not THE SEAT OF CHARACTER, i have no idea where you pick those therms up, sins we communicate you should improve in the truth the real spirit of God but it seams that you are going backwards

Pierre

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 23 2011,04:16)
    kerwin

the spirit is not THE SEAT OF CHARACTER, i have no idea where you pick those therms up, sins we communicate you should improve in the truth the real spirit of God but it seams that you are going backwards

Pierre

Pierre,

To find out that the spirit is the seat of character I simply used a Hebrew Lexicon and looked up the various uses of the corresponding Hebrew word translated “spirit”. I then found the best fit for the word “spirit” as it is used in Galatians 5:16+. When I did not know a word I looked it up in the dictionary.

I did all of this because hearing the word does you no good if you can not understand the language used to express it.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 21 2011,20:51)
    kerwin

I will say where the spirit came Jesus walks by is from is that counts and not where the body that housed his inner person at that time.

are you writhing English ?
    I have no idea what you are saying

Pierre

Dang! You KNOW you butchered a sentence when Pierre says this to you! :D :laugh: :D

(I'm just messin' with ya, Kerwin! :) )

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ Aug. 22 2011,11:42)
    Mike,

There is a debate whether the inner person preexists the conception of the human body. I am of the opinion it does not but I have not looked into the matter nor do I see where one position or the other is harmful to the message of salvation.

Hi Kerwin,

I agree if we're talking about the inner person of EVERYBODY. But what I'm asking is if the person of JESUS pre-existed before he emptied himself and was made in the likeness of a human being.

And when we're talking about Jesus, then it might just be important to our salvation. (John 8:24, 17:3, Luke 13:27, Matthew 7:22-23)

I don't think it's wise for you to ride the fence on this one, Kerwin.

peace,
    mike

Pastry
    Participant

Irene

Irene,

Kerwin, it is not what we favor, it is what is the truth…And that is what counts….
    You have not answered me as far as John 1:14 goes…..
    Again Kerwin, Who is the only begotten of the Father? He became is the one that became flesh, The Word of God……
    The truth is very important…… .Irene

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Pastry @ Aug. 23 2011,06:16)

Irene

Irene,

Kerwin, it is not what we favor, it is what is the truth…And that is what counts….
    You have not answered me as far as John 1:14 goes…..
    Again Kerwin, Who is the only begotten of the Father?  He became is the one that became flesh, The Word of God……
    The truth is very important…… .Irene

Irene,

my point number 5 is a paraphrase of John 1:14.

Pastry
    Participant

Kerwin! Still The Word of God who is the only begotten Son of God, became flesh….He became flesh, He was there with God in the beginning…. He was there in the beginning with God…..The Holy Spirit of God has nothing to do with it…..

Jhn 1:1 In [the] beginning was the Word, AND THE WORD WAS WITH GOD, and the Word was God.

Jhn 1:2 He was in the beginning with God.

Irene

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Aug. 23 2011,17:23)

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 23 2011,04:16)
    kerwin

Pierre

Pierre,

To find out that the spirit is the seat of character I simply used a Hebrew Lexicon and looked up the various uses of the corresponding Hebrew word translated “spirit”.   I then found the best fit for the word “spirit” as it is used in Galatians 5:16+.  When I did not know a word I looked it up in the dictionary.

I did all of this because hearing the word does you no good if you can not understand the language used to express it.

Kerwin

when I came to Canada western that is ,i hardly spook English

one of the words that really got me is the word JAM

not only you can get into one but also can eat it and also stand in it if you do not drive in one,

as a carpenter it was terrible specially when your partner ask to JAM it;

anyway what i try so say is that it is the context that allow us to understand what meaning to give to the word,not a translation ,

so your explanation for spirit is the biggest error that you can teach to someone ,because in my understanding the spirit never means the “THE SEAT OF CHARACTER”

SO EITHER YOU COME UP AND SHOW ME THAT i AM WRONG or we will call it a error

Pierre

Viewing 20 posts - 11,321 through 11,340 (of 19,165 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account