Preexistence

• This topic has 19,164 replies, 120 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Nick.
Viewing 20 posts - 6,781 through 6,800 (of 19,165 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Mar. 20 2010,09:26)

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 19 2010,17:05)

Quote (942767 @ Mar. 19 2010,14:15)
    Hi:

I am still studying and trying to understand Colossians 1:15, and specifically searching of the meaning of “the firstborn of every creature”.

Hebrews 1:6 reads as follows:

Hebrews 1:6 (King James Version)

6And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

The same Greek word translated as “firstborn” in Colossians 1:15 is translated as “firstbegotten” in this scripture.  

Obviously, Jesus is God's firstbegotten Son, and we are also begotten of God, being born of his Spirit.

John 1:10in the world he was, and the world through him was made, and the world did not know him:

11to his own things he came, and his own people did not receive him;

12but as many as did receive him to them he gave authority to become sons of God — to those believing in his name,

13who — not of blood nor of a will of flesh, nor of a will of man but — of God were begotten.

And so, he is the firstborn or firstbegotten of God of every man or creature.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

this is clear;Jn 3:31 “The one who comes from above is above all; the one who is from the earth belongs to the earth, and speaks as one from the earth. The one who comes from heaven is above all(Jesus)

Jn 8:23 But he continued, “You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world

Eph 1:21 far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every title that can be given, not only in the present age but also in the one to come.
    Phil 2:9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
    and gave him the name that is above every name

I have quoted more scriptures but you ignored them so there will be no use to show you more.

Hi T:

And so, what is your point.  I know that he came from heaven.  He was conceived of the Holy Ghost in the womb of the virgin Mary, and the Word of God that he obeyed unto death on the cross also came from heaven.  The scriptures states that God was in Christ reconciling the world unto Himself.  And Hebrews 1:2 states that God has spoken to humanity by the prophets in the former days and in these last days He has spoken to humanity through His Son.  God's throne is in heaven, and by His Spirit which comes from Him out His throne in heaven.

And yes, Jesus has been exalted to the right hand of God as head of the church.  God has given him athority over all of humanity, and so, yes he is above all except God.  But he has also said that we are born again are also not of this world.  We are in the world, but we are not of this world.

And so, I know the scriptures that you quoted and probably the ones that you haven't shown me yet.  I have studied the scriptures for 30 years, and I am not saying this because I think I know it all, but because of the arrogance that I sense in you when you address me with the attitude that you know it all.

1 Corinthians 8:2
    And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

sorry if you read me wrong and i am sorry if i come up in an way that you say,
    but i know that i do not know it all,but what i know i do know.

Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 20 2010,09:36)

Hi:

I am still studying and trying to understand Colossians 1:15, and specifically searching of the meaning of “the firstborn of every creature”.

6And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

The same Greek word translated as “firstborn” in Colossians 1:15 is translated as “firstbegotten” in this scripture.  

Obviously, Jesus is God's firstbegotten Son, and we are also begotten of God, being born of his Spirit.

John 1:10in the world he was, and the world through him was made, and the world did not know him:

12but as many as did receive him to them he gave authority to become sons of God — to those believing in his name,

13who — not of blood nor of a will of flesh, nor of a will of man but — of God were begotten.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

this is clear;Jn 3:31 “The one who comes from above is above all; the one who is from the earth belongs to the earth, and speaks as one from the earth. The one who comes from heaven is above all(Jesus)

Jn 8:23 But he continued, “You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world

Eph 1:21 far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every title that can be given, not only in the present age but also in the one to come.

I have quoted more scriptures but you ignored them so there will be no use to show you more.

Hi T:

And so, what is your point.  I know that he came from heaven.  He was conceived of the Holy Ghost in the womb of the virgin Mary, and the Word of God that he obeyed unto death on the cross also came from heaven.  The scriptures states that God was in Christ reconciling the world unto Himself.  And Hebrews 1:2 states that God has spoken to humanity by the prophets in the former days and in these last days He has spoken to humanity through His Son.  God's throne is in heaven, and by His Spirit which comes from Him out His throne in heaven.

And yes, Jesus has been exalted to the right hand of God as head of the church.  God has given him athority over all of humanity, and so, yes he is above all except God.  But he has also said that we are born again are also not of this world.  We are in the world, but we are not of this world.

And so, I know the scriptures that you quoted and probably the ones that you haven't shown me yet.  I have studied the scriptures for 30 years, and I am not saying this because I think I know it all, but because of the arrogance that I sense in you when you address me with the attitude that you know it all.

And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Hi T:

I accept your appology, but what you think that you know may be wrong.

You can give me your understanding of the scriptures, and if I can from the scriptures that you give me determine that my understanding is not correct, then I will gladly accept my correction.  I do not want to teach anything that is not God's Word, but my advice to you based on what God has taught me is to always leave room for the possibility that your understanding of what you think that you know my not be correct.  Utlitmately, it is God who will say who is correct and who is in error.  He essentially wrote the scriptures through men who penned it.  And so, if we can't agree on something that He said, we need to ask Him what he said or what he meant by what He said.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Mar. 20 2010,09:44)

Hi:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi T:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Hi T:

You can give me your understanding of the scriptures, and if I can from the scriptures that you give me determine that my understanding is not correct, then I will gladly accept my correction.  I do not want to teach anything that is not God's Word, but my advice to you based on what God has taught me is to always leave room for the possibility that your understanding of what you think that you know my not be correct.  Utlitmately, it is God who will say who is correct and who is in error.  He essentially wrote the scriptures through men who penned it.  And so, if we can't agree on something that He said, we need to ask Him what he said or what he meant by what He said.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

you right ,but i was not speaking of what we have doubs about but were there is no doubts about.

kerwin
    Participant

Terraricca wrote:

it seems you do not look to answer me on this one why ??

Sorry I missed your post so thank you for repeating it to catch my eye.

Terraricca wrote:

wen i never quoted Jn 3;28 but John 3;31

The correct scripture is John 8:23 according to what you write. I must confess that once more I am sorry as it seems I transfixed the digits 8 and 3 without realizing it.  

Previously Terrarica quoted:

Terraricca wrote:

you are missing your own point,
    first you tel me that i miss the boat,wen i answer you back related to Jn 3;28 you go to an another topic with Heb 5;7-10

I am going to venture a guess that I misunderstood your answer as I though you were asking me if I was above all as Jesus is above all.  Jesus is above all and Hebrews 5:7-10 tells why that is so.

Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 20 2010,09:48)

Hi:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi T:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Hi T:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

you right ,but i was not speaking of what we have doubs about but were there is no doubts about.

Hi T:

Well I also, do not have any doubt that Jesus did not pre-exist as a sentient person before his birth into this world, but was fore-ordained, but obviously, if you say he pre-existed as a sentient person before his birth into this world, then one of us is wrong in our understanding of the scriptures.

I have a scripture which states that he was fore-ordained and I will post it below for you:

1 Peter 1:18Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

19But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

20Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

Do you have a scripture that says that Jesus pre-existed as a sentient person?  If so, please post it for me.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Jodi Lee @ Mar. 12 2010,06:05)
    There is NOT one scripture in the bible that shows Jesus Christ as being the person who gave Isaiah the words of God.

Acts 28:25 So when they did not agree among themselves, they departed after Paul had said one word: The Holy Spirit spoke rightly through Isaiah the prophet to our fathers, 26 saying, 'Go to this people and say: “Hearing you will hear, and shall not understand; And seeing you will see, and not perceive;

The Holy Spirit…the Spirit of the Father, gave Isaiah God’s word, and in turn Isaiah spoke of the COMING Jesus. When the MAN Jesus was conceived in Mary, Isaiah’s WORDS were fulfilled, making the word of God no longer a promise but a fulfilled promise with a MAN EXISTING in the FLESH!!

Luke 12:12 For the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour what you ought to say.”

John 14:26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

HI Jodi,

“The Word” is the “Holy Spirit”(YHVH)!

Witnessing to the world in behalf of… (Psalm 45:17)
    יהוה האלהים(JEHOVAH GOD) YÄ-hä-vā hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm!
    Ed J (AKJV Joshua 22:34 / Isaiah 60:13-15)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

terraricca
    Participant

Hi:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi T:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Hi T:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Marty

here is one and give me your in put on it;and see

Jn 6:41 At this the Jews began to grumble about him because he said, “I am the bread that came down from heaven.”
    Jn 6:42 They said, “Is this not Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? How can he now say, ‘I came down from heaven’?”
    Jn 6:43 “Stop grumbling among yourselves,” Jesus answered.
    Jn 6:44 “No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him, and I will raise him up at the last day.
    Jn 6:45 It is written in the Prophets: ‘They will all be taught by God.’ Everyone who listens to the Father and learns from him comes to me.
    Jn 6:46 No one has seen the Father except the one who is from God; only he has seen the Father.
    Jn 6:47 I tell you the truth, he who believes has everlasting life.
    Jn 6:48 I am the bread of life.
    Jn 6:49 Your forefathers ate the manna in the desert, yet they died.
    Jn 6:50 But here is the bread that comes down from heaven, which a man may eat and not die.
    Jn 6:51 I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.”

always remember that you cannot brak the other scriptures as well.

terraricca
    Participant

Marty

here is another one so you can think about it as well;

Mic 5:2 “But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah,
    though you are small among the clans of Judah,
    out of you will come for me
    one who will be ruler over Israel,
    whose origins are from of old,
    from ancient times

give me your in put on this one to;

Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 20 2010,10:54)

Hi:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi T:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Hi T:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Marty

here is one and give me your in put on it;and see

Jn 6:41 At this the Jews began to grumble about him because he said, “I am the bread that came down from heaven.”
    Jn 6:42 They said, “Is this not Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? How can he now say, ‘I came down from heaven’?”
    Jn 6:43 “Stop grumbling among yourselves,” Jesus answered.
    Jn 6:44 “No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him, and I will raise him up at the last day.
    Jn 6:45 It is written in the Prophets: ‘They will all be taught by God.’ Everyone who listens to the Father and learns from him comes to me.
    Jn 6:46 No one has seen the Father except the one who is from God; only he has seen the Father.
    Jn 6:47 I tell you the truth, he who believes has everlasting life.
    Jn 6:48 I am the bread of life.
    Jn 6:49 Your forefathers ate the manna in the desert, yet they died.
    Jn 6:50 But here is the bread that comes down from heaven, which a man may eat and not die.
    Jn 6:51 I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.”

always remember that you cannot brak the other scriptures as well.

Hi T:

These scriptures do not say that he Pre-existed his birth into this world. They say that he came down from heaven, and he is the bread of life.

He was conceived of the Holy Ghost and born of the virgin Mary, and so, his flesh body came from heaven, that is perfectly clear, and also, the Word of God was spoken to humanity through him by God and he obeyed the Word of God without sin even unto death on the cross. The Word of God that he would teach humanity through Jesus was with God from the beginning. He made all things in this world whether visible or invisible knowing that a particular point in time he would conceive a Son for the salvation of the world. And so, obviously, the Word of God came down from heaven. Jesus made it clear that it was the Word of God that is the bread of life.

62What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?
    63It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

terraricca
    Participant

Marty

are you saying that he was dead wen he was with his father ???

Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 20 2010,11:22)
    Marty

Hi T:

I am saying that the the spirit of the Son was with the Father from the beginning, but he did not exist as a sentient person until he was born of the flesh. It was God's plan to conceive a Son at a particular point in time. He existed in the heart of the Father.

And so, the scriptures state:

1 John 1

1That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;

2(For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)

1 Peter 1:18Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

19But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

20Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

Love in Christ,
    Marty

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Mar. 20 2010,12:00)

Marty

Hi T:

I am saying that the the spirit of the Son was with the Father from the beginning, but he did not exist as a sentient person until he was born of the flesh.  It was God's plan to conceive a Son at a particular point in time.  He existed in the heart of the Father.

1 John 1

1That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;

2(For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

so if i understand you right;you saying that Christ was inexistent prior to be in the womb of his mother(Mary)
    and became a and was a regular man but picked by God to give up his live for the sinful men ,and then God place him at the second place in heaven above all creation for what he did ????

do i got it ????

karmarie
    Participant

If you dont mind me; you mean you are still all debating over who Jesus was? Man I figured that out ages ago. He existed as a Spirit with God (The Word) then He became flesh and dwelt among us. The bible makes that very clear. Spirit was given earthly body. He died then was taken back up to again be with His Father as He was previously. Everything created was through Him.

Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 20 2010,12:43)

Marty

Hi T:

I am saying that the the spirit of the Son was with the Father from the beginning, but he did not exist as a sentient person until he was born of the flesh.  It was God's plan to conceive a Son at a particular point in time.  He existed in the heart of the Father.

1 John 1

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

so if i understand you right;you saying that Christ was inexistent prior to be in the womb of his mother(Mary)
    and became a and was a regular man but picked by God to give up his live for the sinful men ,and then God place him at the second place in heaven above all creation for what he did ????

do i got it ????

No, you do not get it. Just read what I said. The spirit of Christ was with the Father from the beginning and also He knew that he would bring forth His Son through the virgin Mary at a particular point in time.

And upon the completion of the work that God gave Jesus to accomplish on earth to redeem humanity, he exalted him to head of the church.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

karmarie
    Participant

He wasnt just an idea or plan either He was a real spirit being. The Word.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Mar. 20 2010,12:58)

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 20 2010,12:43)

Marty

Hi T:

1 John 1

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

do i got it ????

No, you do not get it.  Just read what I said.  The spirit of Christ was with the Father from the beginning and also He knew that he would bring forth His Son through the virgin Mary at a particular point in time.        

And upon the completion of the work that God gave Jesus to accomplish on earth to redeem humanity, he exalted him to head of the church.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

you talk and say nothing because you know were i am going and you try to bring me to believe what is wrong ,
    I know very well who Christ is and who he is not.

unless you stop to be vague in your explanation and go direct to what it is or you do not understand your self what you talking about.

your scriptures do not reflect you concept.
    what i understand from your explanation is that you follow someone else and you thinking trough him ,and it is not Christ,

i follow the scriptures only with,the spirit of Christ and the spirit of God is enough.

Participant

Quote (karmarie @ Mar. 20 2010,13:03)

Hi K:

A spirit being with a mind, a will, and emotions?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ Mar. 20 2010,12:57)
    If you dont mind me; you mean you are still all debating over who Jesus was? Man I figured that out ages ago. He existed as a Spirit with God (The Word) then He became flesh and dwelt among us. The bible makes that very clear. Spirit was given earthly body. He died then was taken back up to again be with His Father as He was previously. Everything created was through Him.

Kar

Marty try to teach me about Christ non preexistence.
    there are tons of scriptures to show this ,

but wen you belong to some church or assembly you follow the leader not scriptures,

or your understanding needs refining into the word of God and more study is also required.

lots of info in this topic

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Mar. 20 2010,13:27)

Quote (karmarie @ Mar. 20 2010,13:03)

Hi K:

A spirit being with a mind, a will, and emotions?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

God is Spirit so is christ the word.

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 20 2010,10:32)

Quote (Jodi Lee @ Mar. 12 2010,06:05)
    There is NOT one scripture in the bible that shows Jesus Christ as being the person who gave Isaiah the words of God.

Acts 28:25 So when they did not agree among themselves, they departed after Paul had said one word: The Holy Spirit spoke rightly through Isaiah the prophet to our fathers, 26 saying, 'Go to this people and say: “Hearing you will hear, and shall not understand; And seeing you will see, and not perceive;

The Holy Spirit…the Spirit of the Father, gave Isaiah God’s word, and in turn Isaiah spoke of the COMING Jesus. When the MAN Jesus was conceived in Mary, Isaiah’s WORDS were fulfilled, making the word of God no longer a promise but a fulfilled promise with a MAN EXISTING in the FLESH!!

Luke 12:12 For the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour what you ought to say.”

John 14:26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

HI Jodi,

“The Word” is the “Holy Spirit”(YHVH)!

Witnessing to the world in behalf of… (Psalm 45:17)
    יהוה האלהים(JEHOVAH GOD) YÄ-hä-vā hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm!
    Ed J (AKJV Joshua 22:34 / Isaiah 60:13-15)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Are you kidding me?  The Word is Jesus.
    John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word and the Word was God and the Word was with God. In verse 14 that Word became flesh.
    Rev. 19:13 “He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood and His name is The Word of God.
    verse 16 And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written:  KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS

That is so clear and I have no idea why you kerwin and Marty cant understand this.  Also Scriptures that Jeus is talking that He came down from Heaven.
    John 6:38-40 :For I have come down from Heaven, not to do My will, but the will of Him that send Me.  
    verse 39 “This is the will of the Father who send Me, that I should lose nothing, but should raise it up on the last day.
    verse 40 “AND THIS IS THE WILL OF HIM WHO SEND ME, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise Him up on the last day.”

Now there are more Scriptures that shows us that according to what Jesus said,He did exist before the world was.  Col. 1:16-17 He is the firstborn of all creation.

Still going to deny?  when are you both going to learn this……?
    Ed since the Holy Spirit is the Fathers Spirit you have no leg to stand on…..over and out…
    Irene

Viewing 20 posts - 6,781 through 6,800 (of 19,165 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account