Prayer Forum

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

I think it would be a good idea in order to keep the mockers out, but then how is a non-believer to ask for prayer.

What is your take?

Towshab
    Participant

It should only be for requesting prayer, or acknowledging prayer. Mockers should be reprimanded.

kenrch
    Participant

Should it only be prayer IN JESUS' NAME?

What will guarantee us, if we don't put prayers in the Believers Place that mockery will not happen again, just like all the other rules they get broken. As far as an Unbeliever asking for prayers how often do you think that would happen, since they do not believe. Praying for them is the best for them. So the become Believers themselves. So I believe putting Prayer into the Believers Place would be the best solution.

Peace and Love MrsIM$Truth

Quote (seek and you will find @ Jan. 17 2008,03:44)
    What will guarantee us, if we don't put prayers in the Believers Place that mockery will not happen again, just like all the other rules they get broken. As far as an Unbeliever asking for prayers how often do you think that would happen, since they do not believe. Praying for them is the best for them. So they become Believers themselves. So I believe putting Prayer into the Believers Place would be the best solution.

I just corrected a mistake.

kejonn
    Participant

Which rules are you speaking of? There are only three found here.

I've known many people in the “real world” who would covet prayers from those they knew were Christians. Saw it more often than you'd imagine.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Jan. 16 2008,09:57)

Do you think that Jewish people pray to God? Do you suppose they do it in Jesus' name? Christians do not have a monopoly on prayer.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Jan. 17 2008,02:57)

When the disciples asked Jesus to teach them how to pray he told them to pray to the Father who is in heaven. There was no mention at the time of the lesson that they should ask in his name.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Not3,
    Quite so.
    They are in his name.
    The servants of God continued the works of Jesus.
    They cannot be separated from him except that they are proven unfruitful.

Jn16
    23And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.

When the apostles healed publically perhaps their use of the name then was to give the glory where is belonged and show it was not their own powers but that of God in Jesus and in them?

Acts 3
    2And a certain man lame from his mother's womb was carried, whom they laid daily at the gate of the temple which is called Beautiful, to ask alms of them that entered into the temple;

3Who seeing Peter and John about to go into the temple asked an alms.

4And Peter, fastening his eyes upon him with John, said, Look on us.

5And he gave heed unto them, expecting to receive something of them.

6Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.

7And he took him by the right hand, and lifted him up: and immediately his feet and ankle bones received strength.

8And he leaping up stood, and walked, and entered with them into the temple, walking, and leaping, and praising God.

9And all the people saw him walking and praising God:

10And they knew that it was he which sat for alms at the Beautiful gate of the temple: and they were filled with wonder and amazement at that which had happened unto him.

11And as the lame man which was healed held Peter and John, all the people ran together unto them in the porch that is called Solomon's, greatly wondering.

12And when Peter saw it, he answered unto the people, Ye men of Israel, why marvel ye at this? or why look ye so earnestly on us, as though by our own power or holiness we had made this man to walk?

13The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.

14But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you;

15And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses.

16And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all.

kenrch
    Participant

:)

kenrch
    Participant

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

kenrch
    Participant

Now you can't pray in Jesus name without complaints!

Let those who wish to pray to their god do so but not in the Believers Place” If that is what believer's place means. I'm still not sure?

:)

kenrch
    Participant

:laugh: :laugh: Pretty soon the ACLU will be in here! :laugh: :laugh:

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (seek and you will find @ Jan. 17 2008,03:44)
    What will guarantee us, if we don't put prayers in the Believers Place that mockery will not happen again, just like all the other rules they get broken. As far as an Unbeliever asking for prayers how often do you think that would happen, since they do not believe. Praying for them is the best for them. So the become Believers themselves. So I believe putting Prayer into the Believers Place would be the best solution.

There is no guarentee that you will ever be free from the unbelieving. Even if you shelter yourselves off from the doubters (myself), the unbelieving (Stu), and the anit-Christs (Tow). You can try, but Jesus never sheltered himself OR his followers. He told them to go two by two and if someone didn't except the good news, they were to shake the dust off their feet and let their peace return to them. There was nothing said about labeling the town “un-Believer's” and then keeping anyone who came from that town out of their temples or areas where they conducted public prayer.

Sorry, it appears that I have been posting all this time but I was called away from the computer by a contractor working in our house. I don't really have the time to share what I want to. I'll have to be back this evening. But listen, brother's and sister's……..can't we let love cover a multitude of sins?

Love,
    Mandy

kenrch
    Participant

Will another Christian mock the prayers of a Christian? I have never in my life had a prayer mocked by another brother or sister NO they are in agreement with an AMEN. NOT a do you really believe that!

How is that to happen (mockery) if prayer is in the believers Place.
    Really will another believer mock a brother or sister because of prayer?

Jesus is the mediator between The Father and us when we use His name we apply His sacrifice.

When two or more are gathered IN MY NAME there He is in our midst.

1Ti 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Mat 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

Are we to deny Christ and ourselves because heathens don't believe?

When two or three are gathered is it A Jew, Islamic, and Christian?

Christians pray through Jesus' name, period!

Again why do the unbelievers want so much to get into the believer place? Is to disrupt, corrupt, and deceive?

Heb 9:14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

Heb 9:15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Jan. 16 2008,12:30)
    :laugh:  :laugh: Pretty soon the ACLU will be in here! :laugh:  :laugh:

Better call your lawyer then.

Not3in1
    Participant

Ken,
    Just because someone shouldn't be in the “Believer's” place doesn't mean there is a lock on their computer forbidding them from posting. The point I was trying to make was that it still could happen even though you have a sign out that says, “Believer's only”. Besides, a Muslim or Jew may come to this site and see the sign, “Believer's Place” and think that it includes them. In my opinion, they would be correct. But you will have to meet them at the door and tell them to get lost! Or to go back to where they belong! I'm sure Jesus would approve. :(

Not3in1
    Participant

I'm sorry, I just have to say this – if you all decide that the Prayer forum should be for “Believer's” only (and by that you are also narrowing it down to those who confess Jesus as the Messiah), then I will leave this place for good. As a person who is seeking (which is what I thought this board was originally formed for), I cannot at this time confess Jesus as my Messiah because that is exactly what I am searching out on this site!!

However, as a believer in God, I would still like access to the prayer forum and I would still like to ask for prayer, and I would still like to agree in prayer for others. With these silly rules of “Believer's” only….I wouldn't be able to do that, along with many others I would assume.

I guess a note should be added to the forum when you join saying: If you're not sure of your beliefs you will be restricted to certain forums and will not be able to participate in others. But feel free to search all you want, you just can't ask any questions OR for prayer.

Good grief.

:( :( :(

kenrch
    Participant

Do we as Christians pray in Jesus' name or NOT?

Every Christian knows that Jesus is the mediator between man and God. If you leave out Jesus will your prayer be heard? If you don't pray in Jesus name are you denying Jesus is the Messiah and Lord?

I agree good grief this whole discussion is about weather you are going to allow the unbelievers to dictate how you are to pray? They don't want you using Jesus' name. They don't “BELIEVE” in Jesus so why do they want to join you in prayer?

We are told to “take every thought captive to the OBEDIENCE of Christ”. That means don't leave a crack in the door! Once you do doubt will come in and then they will feed that doubt until you become as they denying the Son of God, God's lamb, the Messiah, Jesus.

2Co 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

“.. then I will leave this place for good.”

Do as I ask or I will leave! Is that a threat?

Anyone can ask anything in ALL the rest of the board. One certainly does not need to ask about Jesus ONLY in the believers Place!

PLEASE……..

Quote (Not3in1 @ Jan. 17 2008,10:12)
    I'm sorry, I just have to say this – if you all decide that the Prayer forum should be for “Believer's” only (and by that you are also narrowing it down to those who confess Jesus as the Messiah), then I will leave this place for good.  As a person who is seeking (which is what I thought this board was originally formed for), I cannot at this time confess Jesus as my Messiah because that is exactly what I am searching out on this site!!

However, as a believer in God, I would still like access to the prayer forum and I would still like to ask for prayer, and I would still like to agree in prayer for others.  With these silly rules of “Believer's” only….I wouldn't be able to do that, along with many others I would assume.

I guess a note should be added to the forum when you join saying:  If you're not sure of your beliefs you will be restricted to certain forums and will not be able to participate in others.  But feel free to search all you want, you just can't ask any questions OR  for prayer.

Good grief.

:( :( :(

Mandy That statement surely has made me very sad. Jesus is my Savior and my Lord, my King, King of Kings and Lord of Lords and you are not sure if that is true? Then you are denying all of the N.T. like kejonn did. I sure hope and pray you will change your mind,please read the N.Testament what it says about Jesus. You rather believe what mere man are saying then the scriptures in the Bible? I am sorry I don't get it.

I will pray for you
    Peace and Love MrsIM4Truth

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account