Other sheep ?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 104 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Georg
    it was my intention to show that there are heavenly call and a earthly call,
    the heavenly call being limited to 144000, while the other is seen limitless so to speak,

but i totally agree with you Georg ,

there is a scripture were Paul talked about the heavenly call and then says and if you do not share that view God will ,,,,,,or something like that ,and i can not remember were it is,i be looking and looking do you have any idea???

Baker
    Participant

Pierre

There are two groups of saints mentioned, Rev. chapter 7, and 14, speak of the same group, the 144000.
    Then there is another group mentioned in Rev. 7:9.

Rev 7:9 ¶ After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

There is one difference between these two groups, the 144000 have the fathers name written in their forehead,

Rev 14:1 ¶ And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.

You know that there will be two groups of saints, right? kings and priests.

Rev 1:6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Having the Fathers name written in their forehead is not to be taken literal, they are the adopted sons of God that will rule with Christ as kings.

I'm sorry, what your referring to does not ring a bell.

Georg

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Baker @ Nov. 25 2010,17:50)
    Pierre

There are two groups of saints mentioned, Rev. chapter 7, and 14, speak of the same group, the 144000.

Rev 7:9 ¶ After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;  

There is one difference between these two groups, the 144000 have the fathers name written in their forehead,

Rev 14:1 ¶ And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.  

Rev 1:6   And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.  

Having the Fathers name written in their forehead is not to be taken literal, they are the adopted sons of God that will rule with Christ as kings.

Georg

Georg

thanks yes I know those verses and agree with you ,but Paul talks about it to but in two or tree words,
    anyway wen i find it i let you know.

thanks again cousin

pierre

Baker
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Nov. 25 2010,10:55)

Pierre

Rev 1:6   And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.  

Georg

Georg

thanks yes I know those verses and agree with you ,but Paul talks about it to but in two or tree words,

thanks again cousin

pierre

:)

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Baker @ Nov. 25 2010,22:00)

Quote (terraricca @ Nov. 25 2010,10:55)

Pierre

Georg

Georg

thanks again cousin

pierre

:)

Georg

I found it at last;here it is;

Phil 3:13 Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead,
    Phil 3:14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
    Phil 3:15 All of us who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently,(((( that too God will make clear to you.))))

I have made brackets on it ;this was the verse i knew but could not remember where it was .

Pierre your cousin and brother in Jesus.

Baker
    Participant

:) hello cousin Pierre

It is a “heavenly” call, no doubt, but it is a call for all of those that were “predestined” to be called.

Eph 1:5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

It is not by “our” efforts that we will be called.

Rom 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

God made his choices whom he would call, long before any one was born, through out all the ages.

Rom 8:30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

It was up to the individual to answer the call; that is why the “gospel” had to be preached in “all the world” first. And even then Jesus said.

Mat 22:14 For many are called, but few are chosen.

Why is that? because not all that heard the call, answered it.

Georg

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Baker @ Dec. 12 2010,07:40)
    :)  hello cousin Pierre

It is a “heavenly” call, no doubt, but it is a call for all of those that were “predestined” to be called.

Eph 1:5   Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,  

It is not by “our” efforts that we will be called.

Rom 8:29   For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.  

God made his choices whom he would call, long before any one was born, through out all the ages.

Rom 8:30   Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.  

It was up to the individual to answer the call; that is why the “gospel” had to be preached in “all the world” first. And even then Jesus said.

Mat 22:14   For many are called, but few are chosen.

Why is that? because not all that heard the call, answered it.

Georg

georg

yes you right ,but that is not what i was mentioning,

Phil 3:15 All of us who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently,(((( that too God will make clear to you.))))

this verse Paul mention his heavenly call and that any mature christian should look to it, but at the same time he mention if on some point you think differently ,that too God will make clear to you;

it is true many are called and few are taken,

my point was that the call for the elect and the others sheep were in progress at the time of the apostles.

Pierre your cousin from Canada

Baker
    Participant

Pierre

The other sheep were brought into the fold after the 70 weeks were up.

Act 10:45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.

The “heavenly ” call has been going out ever since. Paul referred to it as the “heavenly” call, because the call comes from God.

Georg

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Baker @ Dec. 13 2010,11:51)
    Pierre

The other sheep were brought into the fold after the 70 weeks were up.

Act 10:45   And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.  

The “heavenly ” call has been going out ever since. Paul referred to it as the “heavenly” call, because the call comes from God.

Georg

geord

yes the heavenly call is going on since the apostles ,

but there was the earthly call as well;and that was my point to you,

Pierre your cousin frozen deep up north :D :D

Baker
    Participant

Pierre

I see what you're getting at, I just never had it referred to it as a “earthly” call.

I can't say I envy you for all the snow and cold, but look at it from the bright side, in about 3 – 4 month, it will all be gone. :D

Georg

terraricca
    Participant

georg

thanks i can feel the warmed in my body; lucky for me i do not have to go and work in it any more.

cousin Pierre :D :D

dirtyknections
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Nov. 14 2010,12:25)

Quote (kerwin @ Nov. 14 2010,19:16)
    Pierre,

The teaching beginning in John 10:1 is calling the coming kingdom of heaven the sheep pen and only the lost sheep are outside of it.  The teaching beginning in 10:14 is speaking of The Samaritan/Jews as being inside while the Gentiles are outside and thus the other sheep.

kerwin

i try to understand what you are saying,

Jn 10:3 The watchman opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.

Jn 10:14 “I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me—
    Jn 10:15 just as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and I lay down my life for the sheep.
    Jn 10:16 I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.

those sheep first group =144000,
    second group no number “called the great crowed” in revelation.
    but both are one.

pierre

You obviously have been hanging around JW's…because this what they teach :;):

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (dirtyknections @ Jan. 01 2011,06:30)

Pierre,

The teaching beginning in John 10:1 is calling the coming kingdom of heaven the sheep pen and only the lost sheep are outside of it.  The teaching beginning in 10:14 is speaking of The Samaritan/Jews as being inside while the Gentiles are outside and thus the other sheep.

kerwin

Jn 10:3 The watchman opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.

Jn 10:15 just as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and I lay down my life for the sheep.
    Jn 10:16 I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.

but both are one.

pierre

You obviously have been hanging around JW's…because this what they teach  :;):

hi dir

so you would not see truth as truth if some other religion preach that truth ??

is this what you are saying??

so you are looking for virgin truth that only you accept,is this what you mean ??

and yes I have been my mom was one ,I also disagree on many things.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (dirtyknections @ Dec. 31 2010,23:30)

Pierre,

kerwin

but both are one.

pierre

Hi dirtyknections,

Would you be referring to…
    'the little flock' & 'the great crowd'?

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Baker
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 01 2011,00:50)

Quote (dirtyknections @ Dec. 31 2010,23:30)

Pierre,

kerwin

but both are one.

pierre

Hi dirtyknections,

Would you be referring to…
    'the little flock' & 'the great crowd'?

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Ed, do you even know what you're asking?

Georg

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The other sheep are found in the judgement of Mt 25.
    Saved because of God's mercy towards the merciful mt 5.7
    Most will find salvation this way and not by following the way of Jesus

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Nov. 12 2010,14:49)

Quote (terraricca @ Nov. 12 2010,13:43)
    ALL

i always wander who they were ,any idea??

Pierre

Hi Pierre:

Jesus ministry while he was on earth was primarily to the nation of Israel. The “other sheep” to which he refers are the sheep from all of the gentile nations.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Right on Marty, that is what the 70 weeks in Dan. 9:24 are all about.

Ooops, I posted with out looking at the date.

Georg

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 17 2012,04:23)
    Hi,
    The other sheep are found in the judgement of Mt 25.
    Saved because of God's mercy towards the merciful mt 5.7
    Most will find salvation this way and not by following the way of Jesus

No Nick, you're wrong, the separation of the sheep and the goats, is the final judgement, during and at the end of the millennium.

Act 3:23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

There is no other way; Jesus “IS” the only way.

Act 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Georg

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Georg,
    Looking at the sheep judgement in Mt 25 what saves them?

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 17 2012,05:43)
    Hi Georg,
    Looking at the sheep judgement in Mt 25 what saves them?

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

First notice; THROUGH FAITH, and then read below.

Eph 2:9 “””Not of works”””, lest any man should boast.

Georg

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 104 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account