Oneness

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 139 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TC,
    Better to search for what God teaches and abhor the teachings of foolish men.

NickHassan
    Participant

For EF

Wow! Oness doctrin does attract many. What does the Bible say? from the beggening of time God has been One. In the beggining he created the heaven and the earth, He destroys and restores. He forgives and condemns. He is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. I believe we all can agree with that right. The title Father was instituded from creation of all living things, As redeemer he shed blood to cover Adam and Eve's sin (singular) Also His mercy and grace came upon them after and so did judgement. This happen all through the Old covenant (Old Testament) by the sheading of blood such as animal sacrifices for thier sins (plural) All throught Old testament Jesus has been prophesied in many accounts. Why? The blood of animals was not good enough it needed to be pure human blood. Remember! We did not create ourselves. Sin was allowed through us! God has a plan and that plan is to destroy Satan. Satan was the first Angel to Sin. We are the first to be decieved into sin. There is a differece, Satan has no salvation, redemtion along those who followed. Jesus was not a new thing, The New Testament has been God's plan from the beggining. God was being prophesied from the get go! know man decided to put thier own opinions in who God is? who Jesus is? and who the Holy Spirit is? and brought a great confusion. God did not give us that spirit. His word reveals all truth. God, Jesus, HolySpirit are from the beggining!! The father The son and the Holy Spirit is not a new doctrine! Trinitarian is a new doctrine belief. There is a start in this doctrine (teachings) of three gods. Know there is a well known church that decided to use this term to ratify this confusion. also this teaching excalated to a triune doctrine bringing more confusion. The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit is not a new teaching. The Father: as the creator of all living things. The Son (Jesus): Savior, Redeemer, Advocate etc. The Holy Spirit: Comfort, Revealer. Know if we seperate this the number will be three. Keeping it together it will be one. All the questions about Jesus and the father is crazy:( Then the question is why isn't then the Holy Spirit even mentioned in the debate? It is because Satan has develope the debate between doctrines. There is no debate in God's absolutes Word. I am a One God Believer, In the name of Jesus I am redeemed, and in God's Spirit I am comforted (HolySpirit) The Father Son And HolySpirit Has only one name and that is Jesus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God did come down from heaven to give His ultimate sacrafice. In the flesh to man God's creation is Son. He was concieved by the Holy Spirit So who is the Father??? Immanuel is translated “God with us” The Son And The Father are one in spirit. There are only two beings that God created through His Spirit All creation on earth and all creation in Heaven! Know if you give The Holy Spirit a person title Where did he come from??? and from What spirit??? It deos'nt make sence. I Believe In One God One Lord and One Spirit His name is Jesus. I also can give you the rundown in that name but it has to be reavealed to those who truly want to now Him as One. I attend a apostolic congregation, but I follow Jesus not man. The word Apostolic has no power all. I onlyt signifies the teachings From Jesus to His Apostles and it is not limited to twelve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Look I am not trying to prove any thing to any one. I am expessing my relationship with Jesus. His word proves other wise.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi and welcome JP,
    So Jesus is not the Son of God?
    He said he is.

Yes the Father and His son are one in the Spirit since the anointing by God's Spirit at the Jordan.
    He now is alive in that Spirit, but the vessel of Jesus lived before that anointing.
    God was IN HIM reconciling the world to Himself[2Cor15]

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi JP,
    Jesus was given that name by his parents while he was on earth, but his Father had no beginning.
    God indeed has visited His people….in the vessel of His Son.

We too can be such vessels for such great treasure if we allow ourselves to be cleansed.[2Tim2. 2Cor4]]
    God can live in us too if we follow Jesus into his death and resurrection[rom6, Eph 3.19]

Now the Lord is the Spirit.[2Cor3]
    Now the Father and the Son can come to us.[Jn14]
    We remain in fellowship with them isf we abide in the teachings[2Jn9]

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi JP,
    God is not a visible mortal man.
    Our invisible God lives in immortality.
    Like many you confuse Him with His son

2 James 3:16
    Participant

2 Timothy 2:15 (King James Version)

15Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth

I believe their is one God and his name is Jesus. He manifest himself as our Father in creation, the Son in salvation, and the holy Spirit in our redemption. I believe he is 100% God and 100% man and died for my sins. I believe he is returning soon.
    I believe that if the reader of this post will put aside theology and use kneeolgy in their study of the scriptures God will reveal the oneness of his self and you will see the damnation of the trinity teaching.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (2 James 3:16 @ April 04 2010,16:22)

15Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth

I believe their is one God and his name is Jesus.  He manifest himself as our Father in creation, the Son in salvation, and the holy Spirit in our redemption.  I believe he is 100% God and 100% man and died for my sins.  I believe he is returning soon.
    I believe that if the reader of this post will put aside theology and use kneeolgy in their study of the scriptures God will reveal the oneness of his self and you will see the damnation of the trinity teaching.

2 James 3:16,
    Welcome! In the OT we see that God was called “The Lord God with the Outstretched Arm.” And that God presented Himself as ONE. It turns out that He is really the Father and the Son together as ONE with the Holy Spirit of the Father. The Lord God “bares” His Arm and reveals that His Arm is His only Son. And that only Son is said to be the:

John 1:18
    Context
    NET ©
    No one has ever seen God. The only one, himself God, who is in closest fellowship with the Father, has made God known.

I hope you don't mind being challenged.

God bless your time here,
    LU/Lightenup/Kathi

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (2 James 3:16 @ April 05 2010,08:22)

I believe their is one God and his name is Jesus.  He manifest himself as our Father in creation, the Son in salvation, and the holy Spirit in our redemption.  I believe he is 100% God and 100% man and died for my sins.  I believe he is returning soon.

Both Oneness and Trinity are man-made doctrines that try to explain God. Of course they fail because only that which is of the Spirit can reveal God. The spirit or intellect of man cannot fathom God.

We need to rely on revelation and we have scripture as a revelation from God.

It is written that there are certain things that only the Father knows. Oneness doctrine forces God the Father to know all things which is true, but when he transforms into the son, he doesn't know all things, leaving creation somewhat unstable. So does he quickly change back, in-case he does something that might be contrary to knowing all things?

e.g., Only the Father knows when the son will return. So if God the Father becomes the son, and the son doesn't know the time of return, then when he returns he won't be sure that it is the right time unless he quickly switches back momentarily.

Oneness also has an interesting dilemma with Christ communicating to his Father while he was here. I think your explanation is that Jesus is the flesh and so he was communicating with God as flesh talking to spirit. The problem here is that Jesus is not just flesh, has a soul, he is like us. We have a body, soul, spirit. And Jesus is greater than us, not less.

1 Thessalonians 5:23
    May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Revelation 6:9
    When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained.

Matthew 10:28
    Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

Now here we can see that Jesus asked us to trust in God and ALSO himself. This is a thorn in the side for both the Trinity and Oneness doctrines.

John 14:1
    “Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.”

Here is Jesus talking about his soul.

Mark 14:34
    “My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death,” he said to them. “Stay here and keep watch.”

Ed J
    Participant

I believe their is one God and his name is Jesus.  He manifest himself as our Father in creation, the Son in salvation, and the holy Spirit in our redemption.  
    I believe he is 100% God and 100% man and died for my sins.  I believe he is returning soon.

Hi James,

Welcome to the forum! 100% + 100% = 200% (Mathematically IMPOSSIBLE)
    You need to rethink your percentages! Click Here <– On Jesus Return

Ed J

Participant

Ed J Offline

undefined

Group: Members
    Posted: April 05 2010,10:29QUOTE

I believe their is one God and his name is Jesus.  He manifest himself as our Father in creation, the Son in salvation, and the holy Spirit in our redemption.  
    I believe he is 100% God and 100% man and died for my sins.  I believe he is returning soon.

Hi James,

Ed J

Hi Ed

Two different realms  We have the spiritual and the physical.  Paul said to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.  If you were absent from the body your spirit would be with the lord.  100%   At the local funeral home your physical body would be awaiting burial.  100%   If Jesus wasn't 100% man he couldn't understand temptation of man and if he wasn't 100% God he could not forgive sin.
    James

terraricca
    Participant

2jms

Christ is God ??? new to me were you got this info??

Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ April 05 2010,08:54)

Welcome!  In the OT we see that God was called “The Lord God with the Outstretched Arm.”  And that God presented Himself as ONE.  It turns out that He is really the Father and the Son together as ONE with the Holy Spirit of the Father.  The Lord God “bares” His Arm and reveals that His Arm is His only Son.  And that only Son is said to be the:

Context
    NET ©
    No one has ever seen God. The only one,  himself God, who is in closest fellowship with the Father, has made God known.

LU/Lightenup/Kathi

Hi Kathi

Matthew 1:23
    Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

1 Timothy 3:16
    And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

8Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.

9Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

10Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

The angels came from heaven to see God. mankind saw God.

James

Participant

Quote (terraricca @ April 05 2010,15:28)
    2jms

Christ is God ??? new to me were you got this info??

Isaiah 9:6 (King James Version)

6For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

This is Jesus

Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

This is Jesus

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

This is Jesus

James

Participant

Quote (t8 @ April 05 2010,09:38)

Both Oneness and Trinity are man-made doctrines that try to explain God. Of course they fail because only that which is of the Spirit can reveal God. The spirit or intellect of man cannot fathom God.

We need to rely on revelation and we have scripture as a revelation from God.

It is written that there are certain things that only the Father knows. Oneness doctrine forces God the Father to know all things which is true, but when he transforms into the son, he doesn't know all things, leaving creation somewhat unstable. So does he quickly change back, in-case he does something that might be contrary to knowing all things?

e.g., Only the Father knows when the son will return. So if God the Father becomes the son, and the son doesn't know the time of return, then when he returns he won't be sure that it is the right time unless he quickly switches back momentarily.

Oneness also has an interesting dilemma with Christ communicating to his Father while he was here. I think your explanation is that Jesus is the flesh and so he was communicating with God as flesh talking to spirit. The problem here is that Jesus is not just flesh, has a soul, he is like us. We have a body, soul, spirit. And Jesus is greater than us, not less.

1 Thessalonians 5:23
    May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Revelation 6:9
    When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained.

Matthew 10:28
    Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

Now here we can see that Jesus asked us to trust in God and ALSO himself. This is a thorn in the side for both the Trinity and Oneness doctrines.

John 14:1
    “Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.”

Here is Jesus talking about his soul.

Mark 14:34
    “My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death,” he said to them. “Stay here and keep watch.”

I'm a little confused with where you going with your train of thought. You don't believe in one God or the trinity? How many Gods are you professing?

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 26 2009,05:59)
    Hi JP,
    God is not a visible mortal man.
    Our invisible God lives in immortality.
    Like many you confuse Him with His son

9Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

10Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

It seems to me this says God was seen by angels and men.

Isaiah 9:6 (King James Version)

6For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

this says the son is the father

James

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (2 James 3:16 @ April 04 2010,23:41)

Welcome!  In the OT we see that God was called “The Lord God with the Outstretched Arm.”  And that God presented Himself as ONE.  It turns out that He is really the Father and the Son together as ONE with the Holy Spirit of the Father.  The Lord God “bares” His Arm and reveals that His Arm is His only Son.  And that only Son is said to be the:

Context
    NET ©
    No one has ever seen God. The only one,  himself God, who is in closest fellowship with the Father, has made God known.

LU/Lightenup/Kathi

Hi Kathi

The angels came from heaven to see God.  mankind saw God.

James

2 James,
    Yes Jesus is God, as a Son of God would naturally be and His Father was in heaven when His Son was born of a virgin, walked among men and then died.  Jesus said that the Father was greater than Him.  Jesus referred to His Father as His God even after His death and resurrection.

Luke 2:14
    14 “Glory to God in the highest, And on earth peace among men with whom He is pleased.”
    NASU

Matt 6:9-10
    9 “Pray, then, in this way: 'Our Father who is in heaven, Hallowed be Your name.
    10 'Your kingdom come. Your will be done, On earth as it is in heaven.
    NASU

Rev 3:12
    12 'He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he will not go out from it anymore; and I will write on him the name of My God, and the name of the city of My God, the new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God, and My new name.
    NASU

And, last but not least…we celebrated the resurrection today and on the same day Jesus ascended to His God and Father.  Later that same day, He showed Himself to His disciples:

John 20:17
    17 Jesus said to her, “Stop clinging to Me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, 'I ascend to My Father and your Father, and My God and your God.'”
    NASU

When the disciples saw Jesus, they were able to perceive the Father too…Jesus bore the Father's image and always did what the Father would do. In a similar way we are to do the will of the Father and look like Him to the world.

Did you not know this?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (2 James 3:16 @ April 05 2010,15:08)
    Ed J Offline

undefined

Hi James,

Ed J

Hi Ed

Two different realms  We have the spiritual and the physical.  Paul said to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.  If you were absent from the body your spirit would be with the lord.  100%   At the local funeral home your physical body would be awaiting burial.  100%   If Jesus wasn't 100% man he couldn't understand temptation of man and if he wasn't 100% God he could not forgive sin.
    James

Hi James,

So you mean 100% in timeliness. First God(Past), then man(on Earth) and then back to being God(after death) again; Is this your view?

God bless
    Ed J
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ April 05 2010,16:27)

Quote (2 James 3:16 @ April 04 2010,23:41)

Context
    NET ©

LU/Lightenup/Kathi

Hi Kathi

The angels came from heaven to see God.  mankind saw God.

James

2 James,
    Yes Jesus is God, as a Son of God would naturally be and His Father was in heaven when His Son was born of a virgin, walked among men and then died.  Jesus said that the Father was greater than Him.  Jesus referred to His Father as His God even after His death and resurrection.

Luke 2:14
    14 “Glory to God in the highest, And on earth peace among men with whom He is pleased.”
    NASU

Matt 6:9-10
    9 “Pray, then, in this way: 'Our Father who is in heaven, Hallowed be Your name.
    10 'Your kingdom come. Your will be done, On earth as it is in heaven.
    NASU

Rev 3:12
    12 'He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he will not go out from it anymore; and I will write on him the name of My God, and the name of the city of My God, the new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God, and My new name.
    NASU

And, last but not least…we celebrated the resurrection today and on the same day Jesus ascended to His God and Father.  Later that same day, He showed Himself to His disciples:

John 20:17
    17 Jesus said to her, “Stop clinging to Me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, 'I ascend to My Father and your Father, and My God and your God.'”
    NASU

When the disciples saw Jesus, they were able to perceive the Father too…Jesus bore the Father's image and always did what the Father would do.  In a similar way we are to do the will of the Father and look like Him to the world.

Did you not know this?

I love discussing the word of God. I need a little information. When you stand before the throne of God, how many beings will you see and what are their names? Please answer this and then I will know how to answer you. I must go to bed so I'll answer tomorrow.

God Bless
    James

Participant

Quote (Ed J @ April 05 2010,16:29)

Quote (2 James 3:16 @ April 05 2010,15:08)
    Ed J Offline

undefined

Hi James,

Ed J

Hi Ed

James

Hi James,

So you mean 100% in timeliness. First God(Past), then man(on Earth) and then back to being God(after death) again; Is this your view?

God bless
    Ed J
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Isaiah 44:6 (King James Version)

6Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

Revelation 22:12-14 (King James Version)

12And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

13I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

14Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

The God of Isaiah said he was the first and last. Jesus in Revelation said he was the first and last. How do we have two first and last? We don't. Jesus is God in the flesh.

Great is the mystery of godliness.

He was God, He is God, and He will forever be God

When he walked on this earth he was man. He was hungry, he was thirsty, he would get tired. He was a man who was tempted in all ways and did not sin. He died for our sins.

When he walked on this earth he was God. He cast out demons. He healed the sick. He turned the water into wine. He forgave sin. Only God can forgive sin.

Great is the mystery of godliness.

James

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 139 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account