One change you would like to see

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

If there was one thing you would like to change in this board, what would it be.

If a recurring them appears, then it could lead to a change.

seekingtruth
    Participant

To sort posts by the person posting.

Wm

seekingtruth
    Participant

Quote (seekingtruth @ Sep. 18 2009,10:31)
    To sort posts by the person posting.

Wm

Well by my count 100% of the posts support my request  :D

Seriously you do a great job, no wonder there have been no other requests, thanks for all you do.

Wm

Proclaimer
    Participant

Yeah that is a good request.

Not sure if it could be done using the current installation.

Would need to change to a new system I think.
    Could be a bit of work.

I think at some stage it will need to be done anyway.
    So will keep an eye on the options.

Lightenup
    Participant

Hi t8,
    Thanks for all your hard work here. I built a website for a company once and so I know how intricate it can be and that was a simple site. You are amazing at what you do. I agree with Wm's suggestion. It would be nice to read all the posts that each person has written to get a more complete picture of what they believe. Also, I think that it would be fun to have a live chat area like Facebook has for those that are online on the board at the time. Just a thought. K

Not3in1
    Participant

Hi Kathi,

The minute I saw your Avatar I thought of Charity…..another longtime member here who used to use that Avatar. Funny how pictures always help us connect the dots (or people).

Hi t8,

When I log in, I go directly to “new posts”. I never know who is all here unless I check the bottom of the front page. Of course if I happen to be in a thread where someone is then I see their light on. But it would be nice to know even if I am in a thread – who is here – or who joins while I'm reading (I may want to stop studying and say hello!).

It would also be nice if somehow your “light” could reflect if you are idle, or really there?

The chat feature is sort of exclusive on Facebook – only two members chat at a time. I'm afraid a lot of content that should be on the boards would be lost if we did that?

T8, thank you. This board has meant a lot to me. It has helped me sort through a lot of doctrines and ideas. I may not have ended up where a lot of folks wanted, but my journey is not over yet. I appreciate the various voices that are here…..all of them.

Love,
    Mandy

hey t8,

would like to know where I last posted, like somewhat of a bookmark, at times the board can be heavy with replies and trying to find my way there can be trying at times.

kol tuv to you and yours t8.

georg
    Participant

Quote (princess of the king @ Sep. 30 2009,12:55)
    hey t8,

would like to know where I last posted, like somewhat of a bookmark, at times the board can be heavy with replies and trying to find my way there can be trying at times.

I put all my post thAt I did on a piece of paper, and that way I know what I did.  Some times nobody even responds to my posts.  But I always know what I did.
    Irene

thank you for the idea irene, greatly appreciated, for a 70 year old women. :)

pray all is well with you and yours

seekingtruth
    Participant

Quote (princess of the king @ Sep. 30 2009,07:55)
    hey t8,

You can also check the box in the options area for “Do you wish to track this topic?” and it will alert you when anyone posts to that thread.

Wm

Quote (seekingtruth @ Sep. 30 2009,00:02)

hey t8,

You can also check the box in the options area for “Do you wish to track this topic?” and it will alert you when anyone posts to that thread.

Wm

This option seems to work for a while and then quits.

I quite using it because I wasnt getting the notifications!

WJ

seekingtruth
    Participant

Hey WJ,
    I believe it does time out, but if it has been awhile I do a search by my posting name for the last XX number of days and then I can see if someone has responded since I last posted.

Wm

georg
    Participant

Quote (princess of the king @ Sep. 30 2009,14:17)
    thank you for the idea irene, greatly appreciated, for a 70 year old women. :)

pray all is well with you and yours

Heh I am now 71 years young. MMMmmm. We are just fine, thank you for asking.
    Irene

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (princess of the king @ Sep. 30 2009,12:55)
    hey t8,

You can also visit your profile page and it will have a link to the discussion where your last posted. It doesn't unfortunately take you to the post.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Sep. 30 2009,16:48)

hey t8,

Wm

WJ

Did you change your email address?

Quote (t8 @ Sep. 30 2009,01:47)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Sep. 30 2009,16:48)

hey t8,

Wm

WJ

Did you change your email address?

No

Same address! We discussed it before.

The Trinity thread never worked even when you locked it!

Anyway, it has been awhile since I tried to use it, but I will try again!

Thanks WJ

Harmony
    Participant

I do more reading than posting, so don't really have an opinion. Just wanted to let you know that I drift in.

Not3in1
    Participant

Harmony….so glad you drift in…… Don't be afraid to leave your 2 cents on something. A new voice is always refreshing!

Love,
    Mandy

Douglas
    Participant

I think it would be useful to be able to see all the posts a particular person has made.

Overall the site is pretty good though the volume of posts can make navigation a little tricky sometimes (the topic tracker helps).

Some sort of real time chat might be interesting – are you developing the site, or is it off the shelf?

bodhitharta
    Participant

The search works well, overall this is the best site for expressing Spiritual ideas, goals …etc.

I have joined many, many sites over the last 4 years and this one is by far the most fair and balanced where you can have a true dialogue with anyone. Many sites like this are merely “preaching to the choir” and any variation is cause for immediate banning it's like it's not really a forum at all.

This site has meant a lot to me and I appreciate the site and all its members, God Bless You all!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account