Old Earth Creationism vs Young Earth Creationism

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

Old Earth Creationism (OEC) is a Christian viewpoint that aims to harmonize the biblical creation story with scientific findings that indicate an old earth. OEC proponents do not subscribe to the Young Earth Creationism (YEC) belief that the book of Genesis describes the creation of the world in six literal 24-hour days. Rather, they interpret the text as a theological statement or as six periods that may have lasted much longer.

Those who endorse OEC accept the scientific estimate that the earth is approximately 4.5 billion years old. They argue that the creation account in Genesis should be regarded as either symbolic or metaphorical narratives, and that the scripture does not advocate the idea of literal 24-hour days of creation. In particular, YEC’s insistence on a 24-hour literal day interpretation for the creation account before the formation of the sun is disputed by OEC advocates. They claim that both scripture and science contradict the YEC view, and that the Bible, in fact, supports the notion of an ancient earth and universe.

Overall, OEC proponents aim to reconcile the biblical creation account with scientific evidence by interpreting the Genesis narrative as symbolic or metaphorical descriptions of God’s creative work over a prolonged period of time.

Old Earth Creationism vs Young Earth Creationism

Proclaimer
    Participant

Proclaimer
    Participant

Proclaimer
    Participant

Pre-Adamite Earth

This presentation delves into Old Earth Creationism and using scripture he describes what a pre-Adamite world might have been like. He also delves into Genesis and describes the difference between creating something and bringing forth something. Additionally, he talks about God telling Adam and Eve to replenish / repopulate the earth. You can only repopulate something that was once already populated.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Scripture does not say that the earth is 6000 years old

Berean
    Participant

@ Proclaimer

And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
    [3] And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

God rested on the seventh day which lasted as long as the other days of the creation week???

And the FIRST DAY that followed THIS SEVENTH DAY UNDEFINED IN LENGTH, how long
    is it ???

And the second, third, etc….

WHAT ACTUALLY DEFINES THE LENGTH OF A DAY???

DOES GOD HAVE THE ANSWER?
    OR SCIENCE???

Proclaimer
    Participant

Adam was suppose to die the day that he ate the fruit.

It just means a marked period of time.

That is what our earth days are.

The time it takes for the earth to do a full spin.

This is not the measurement for all days ever mentioned and in the universe.

Mars for a start has a different length day.

In the creation day when plants were created. They flowered and bore fruit.

So definitely not 24 hours.

Berean
    Participant

You are not answering my first question.

Let me rephrase it: How long did God rest THAT FIRST SEVENTH DAY???

Thank

Proclaimer
    Participant

I think that day may still be active and we are invited to enter his rest.

Perhaps until the new Earth?

Hebrews 4:1
    Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.

For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they  shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh ° day from all his works.

And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.

Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was  first preached entered not in because of unbelief:

Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.

For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.

There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.

For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.

Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account