old and new

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 292 total)
  • Author
    Eliyah
    Participant

And for those who mistakenly think that Messiah's NEW ADDED COMMANDMENT( John 13:34) was not ADDED to the Father Yah's Commandments better read ( Matt.5:19; Matt.19:17; Mark 10:19; Luke 18:20) also ( John 15:10).

That was a NEW Commandment that Messiah added to the Father's Commandments.

He NEVER said “” This is my only commandment for you to keep, but a NEW commandment.

Eliyah C.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi c,
    Adam was lured by Satan and sinned and ate of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. He no longer had any excuse for unrighteous behaviour because he had conscience. He was cast from the presence of God and his progeny have continued to be deceived into sin and rebellion by the Prince of this world such that their consciences have become seared.
    The Law was given to show some boundaries to help consciences function but the real hope of God was for men to see the Spirit of the Law and live again according to His ways. Few did. He sent His Son filled with His Spirit to fulfill the demands of the Law and die for us so that all who are reborn into Him are free from the Law of sin and death with His Spirit given to us to teach us His ways by inner teaching- the Law of the Spirit.

Eliyah
    Participant

Yah's spiritual law of the Spirit in Messiah( Rom.7:7; Rom.8:2) is not the LAW OF SIN as Paul talked about BOTH LAWS( Rom.7:21-25).

Will he continually stay confused ?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Eliyah @ Oct. 02 2005,05:12)
    And for those who mistakenly think that Messiah's NEW ADDED COMMANDMENT( John 13:34) was not ADDED to the Father Yah's Commandments better read ( Matt.5:19; Matt.19:17; Mark 10:19; Luke 18:20) also ( John 15:10).

That was a NEW Commandment that Messiah added to the Father's Commandments.

He NEVER said “” This is my only commandment for you to keep, but a NEW commandment.

Eliyah C.

Hi eliyah,
    Matt 19.17,Mk 10.19, Lk 18 20 were spoken to the Jews to whom the OT Law applied.
    Jn 15.10
    ” If you keep MY COMMANDMENTS, you will abide in MY love; just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in His love”

So whose commandments are we here urged to obey?

The Son's.

Eliyah
    Participant

Nick, where did Messiah say (Matt 19.17,Mk 10.19, Lk 18 20 were spoken to the Jews to whom the OT Law applied.) that these commandments only applied to the Jews ?

I think you are using the imagination of your own heart and mind( Jer.23:17) as Yah said through Jeremiah the Prophet, that the false pastors and teachers would do in the latter days( Jer.23:20).

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi eliyah,
    I thought you would think that.
    Look at the mission of the Messiah.
    Look at the context.
    Matt 15.24
    “But he answered and said
    'I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel'”
    Matt 19.16, Matt 10.19 Lk 18 18 the Master gave the OT answer to the OT question asked but only in the Luke version did Jesus preach the gospel of the Kingdom.” Come follow Me”

Eliyah
    Participant

Nick,

What makes you think in your imagination that all Israelite people are Jews ?

If that were so( which it is not) then why were the Israelites with king of Syria and at WAR against the Jews( 2 Kings 16:5-6).

And IF your statement below of…

'I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel'”
    Matt 19.16, Matt 10.19 Lk 18 18 the Master gave the OT answer to the OT question asked but only in the Luke version did Jesus preach the gospel of the Kingdom.”

Then WHY are the Gentiles claiming to follow Him, if He was only sent to the House of Israel?

Ha, Ha, your a folly Nick, do you know that?

NickHassan
    Participant

sigh

Casiphus
    Participant

Hi Nick,

The Law was given to show some boundaries to help consciences function but the real hope of God was for men to see the Spirit of the Law and live again according to His ways. Few did. He sent His Son filled with His Spirit to fulfill the demands of the Law and die for us so that all who are reborn into Him are free from the Law of sin and death with His Spirit given to us to teach us His ways by inner teaching- the Law of the Spirit.

There's a saying that goes something like – if you have to make a law, it's already too late.

Using the children of Israel as a parable: God asked them all to approach his mountain, but they were afraid and sent Moses to mediate between them. However, if they had approached God, would he still have given them the law, or would he have credited their faith as righteousness, as he did with Abraham who came before the law?

NickHassan
    Participant

Good question. And I think only He would know the answer.

Casiphus
    Participant

Hi Nick,

Perhaps I am too devious for my own good! Actually, I was hoping you would further explore the comparison between Abraham's faith as righteousness, and the Israelites' unbelief and subsequent subjection to the law.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Casiphus @ Oct. 04 2005,04:38)
    Hi Nick,

There's a saying that goes something like – if you have to make a law, it's already too late.

Using the children of Israel as a parable: God asked them all to approach his mountain, but they were afraid and sent Moses to mediate between them.  However, if they had approached God, would he still have given them the law, or would he have credited their faith as righteousness, as he did with Abraham who came before the law?

Hi C,
    are you talking of Ex.19?

Casiphus
    Participant

The whole episode really – the Israelites show a decided lack of willingness to commune with God, and tell Moses mediate between them and God. They then used the law as an outward appearance of righteousness, offering lipservice, rather than showing a deep-seated desire to commune with God and their neighbours.

OneSpirit
    Participant

Casiphus,

Interesting theory, but how do explain:

“[YHWH] your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from your midst, from your brethren.  Him you shall hear, according to all you desired of [YHWH] your God in Horeb in the day of the assembly saying, ‘Let me not hear again the voice of [YHWH] my God, nor let me see this great fire anymore, lest I die.’  And [YHWH] said to me, ‘What they have spoken is good.  I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brethren, and will put My words in his mouth, and he shall speak to them all that I command him.  And it will be that whoever will not hear My words, which he will speak in My name, I will require it of him.” – Deuteronomy 18:15-19

NickHassan
    Participant

Good point One Spirit. Wisdom is caution with regard to dealing with a fearsome God.

Casiphus
    Participant

Hi One Spirit and Nick,

At the risk of sounding contrary:

Who do you think was the author of this passage, and what do you think it meant to them?

I ask this, because I think we have vastly different approaches to scriptural interpretation.

NickHassan
    Participant

Which passage casiphus?

Casiphus
    Participant

The one quoted by One Spirit in particular, but really all those pertaining to the relationship between the Israelites and Yahweh, and how each party viewed that relationship.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi casiphus,
    They rightly feared God -desperately so.
    Hebrews 12 19
    ” and to the sound of words wghich sound was such that those who heard begged that no further word should be spoken to them. For they could not bear the command
    'If even a beast touches the mountain, it will be stoned'
    And so terrible was the sight that Moses said
    'I am full of fear and trembling'”

We can learn from them.

Casiphus
    Participant

Hi Nick,

I hope you won't be offended by this question, but do you ever have an opinion that isn't based on one or another Bible passage?

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 292 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account