No works? no salvation!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    bodhitharta
    Participant

Matthew 3:7-9 (King James Version)

8 Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance

Even Paul says:

Acts 26 (King James Version)

20 But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.

Quote (bodhitharta @ Sep. 13 2009,13:20)

Even Paul says:

20 But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.

No works no salvation.

No faith no salvation.

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Sep. 13 2009,13:50)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Sep. 13 2009,13:20)

Even Paul says:

No works no salvation.

No faith no salvation.

no works no salvation

1.James 2:18
    Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
    James 2:17-19 (in Context) James 2 (Whole Chapter)
    2.James 2:20
    But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
    James 2:19-21 (in Context) James 2 (Whole Chapter)
    3.James 2:26
    For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
    James 2:25-26 (in Context) James 2 (Whole Chapter)

bodhitharta
    Participant

People can call it whatever they want but if you willo be judged according to your works as Jesus said than you will be judged according to your works.

Jesus said he's not going to judge you and he said that the Father isn't going to judge you and yet he still says you will be judged according to your works.

Jesus then tells you also that you can do miracles in “his” name, Heal the sick in “his” name and do all sorts of wonderful works in “his' name and guess what these”works” won't matter because the only works that matter is doing the will of the Father and feeding who you can feed and clothe who you can clothe and visit the sick when you can and things that SHOW God that you believe because if you don't ACT you do not believe.

People do not understand what grace is but when you go to work at a job they will usually allow a 5 – 10 minute grace period before you are considered late that penalty free space is where the grace come into play it is filling the short coming, not eliminating the Work that must still be done.

Douglas
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Sep. 16 2009,04:42)
    People can call it whatever they want but if you willo be judged according to your works as Jesus said than you will be judged according to your works.

Jesus said he's not going to judge you and he said that the Father isn't going to judge you and yet he still says you will be judged according to your works.

Jesus then tells you also that you can do miracles in “his” name, Heal the sick in “his” name and do all sorts of wonderful works in “his' name and guess what these”works” won't matter because the only works that matter is doing the will of the Father and feeding who you can feed and clothe who you can clothe and visit the sick when you can and things that SHOW God that you believe because if you don't ACT you do not believe.

People do not understand what grace is but when you go to work at a job they will usually allow a 5 – 10 minute grace period before you are considered late that penalty free space is where the grace come into play it is filling the short coming, not eliminating the Work that must still be done.

So do you believe that you should always do a good deed when the opportunity presents itself? (the opportunity is eternally present in the world of today, I'd say)

Or would you consider it acceptable to knowingly not help people or do good deeds, knowing that a time and a place will come for them that is relevant to what one as an individual must do? (and to seize the good deeds in the present might destroy the ability to do a greater deed later)

What do you consider your good deeds to be?

On another note, did you get my PM a little while ago? (an answer was optional but I just wanted to check it got through)

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Douglas @ Sep. 16 2009,06:50)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Sep. 16 2009,04:42)

So do you believe that you should always do a good deed when the opportunity presents itself? (the opportunity is eternally present in the world of today, I'd say)

Or would you consider it acceptable to knowingly not help people or do good deeds, knowing that a time and a place will come for them that is relevant to what one as an individual must do? (and to seize the good deeds in the present might destroy the ability to do a greater deed later)

What do you consider your good deeds to be?

On another note, did you get my PM a little while ago? (an answer was optional but I just wanted to check it got through)

Most of the things a person should do is simply refrain from evil, now I know that sounds simple but what it means is to be actively perfecting what is good and right in yourself and with others around you.

As we harmonize with the attributes of God being full of Mercy and Compassion each direction we move in becomes a blessing.

From a little kitten that would starve without that bowl of milk you left out for it to drink, To the next potential killer that only needed a smile and a conversation in which God led you what to say that made the difference in their life.

I don't think we always know what the “good” thing to do is and that's why we must constantly immerse ourselves in the love of God. You are right what if someone is stealing bread in a store there are several things that a person can do.

They can overlook it
    They can tell the store clerk
    They can purchase the bread after the person leaves
    They can even help the person steal it

If God directed a person to do any of the above we might have a problem with any of the choices preferring another way but I would have to do what God guides me to do.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account