Nicene Creed

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 104 total)
  • Author
    Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Tim2 @ May 29 2007,18:03)
    Not3in1,

I enjoy talking to you, though it can be frustrating.  But you have to understand that we are not brother and sister.  You don't believe in the same Jesus that I do.  Please repent and believe the truth.

Tim

I'm giving this thread a quick read-through. I had forgotten about this dialog with Tim2, and the fact that he didn't think we could be brother and sister because I believed in a different Jesus than he did.

This sounds familiar……Just recently someone else has told me the same thing (in so many words) on this board. I wonder if this person and Tim2 would be able to be brother and sister? The answer would be no, for their beliefs don't line up either. Go figure?

Should we treat one another this way? Is it biblical? What do other's think?

Love,
    Mandy

Tiffany
    Participant

No it is not Bibical, Scriptures tells you to judge no one.
    Love Irene

seekingtruth
    Participant

1 Corinthians 5:11But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat.

12What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13God will judge those outside. “Expel the wicked man from among you.”

Now to me this says to align a brother or sister with the teachings of scripture and if they have a lifestyle of continual disregard for righteousness then we are to judge them as wicked and due to their claim of being a christian discontinue all fellowship BUT the list does not include any mention of those having a less accurate understanding of the make up of God.

Just to be clear I do believe there is a point where a belief goes beyond just errors in understanding and begins to change the basic salvation plan and becomes hearesy. So continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling. But I further believe God is patient and if we keep seeking He will lead us to the truth through His Spirit.

My opinion – Wm

Tiffany
    Participant

Wm We are to dust of our Shoes and move on in that case. But to judge Him or Her IMO is not scriptural. Other wise Scripture would contradict itself. If we want to understand IMO we need to take all in to consideration. Unfortunately there are some errors in the Bible.
    Peace and Love Irene

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 01 2008,11:28)
    Hi,
    No creed can form a basis of our faith but we must go deeper till we rest on scripture

Luke 6:48
    he is like a man building a house, who dug deep and laid a foundation on the rock; and when a flood occurred, the torrent burst against that house and could not shake it, because it had been well built.

Creeds are formed by men to unite them and isolate their denomination from others.

Why not go deeper until you hit truth. Then you are really buiding your house on the rock.

Stuart

seekingtruth
    Participant

4My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me. 5Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait till the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of men's hearts. At that time each will receive his praise from God.

1If any of you has a dispute with another, dare he take it before the ungodly for judgment instead of before the saints? 2Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if you are to judge the world, are you not competent to judge trivial cases? 3Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life!

As for those who seemed to be important—whatever they were makes no difference to me; God does not judge by external appearance—those men added nothing to my message.

I believe that we do not have enough information to judge men, however, scripture is clear if sin defines your life then God's word has “judged” you and revels you as one who loves unrighteousness.
    To observe someone claiming to be a brother or sister yet clearly we can “judge” the obvious.

4have you not discriminated among yourselves and become judges with evil thoughts?

an

Tiffany
    Participant

Wm Your right, no not one is right, says the Lord. All do fall,short of the glory of God. I feel like that I wrote this before?
    Good to hear from you tho.
    Peace amd Love Irene

Stu
    Participant

Do you think I need to dust off my shoes and stop discussing religion with bigoted homophobes?

Stuart

Lightenup
    Participant

Hi All,
    In the following passage Jesus is talking to some very religious Jews who claimed God as their very Father. Jesus tells them that God was not their Father. Why, because they did not know Him (Jesus). What does that mean, they knew him, they were in fact talking to him. If someone were to ask them if they knew who Jesus was they would probably say “yes, we have even spoken with him many times.” So to actually “know” Him is to love Him and be able to “hear” His words. In this way, they did not do.

John 8:41
    They said to Him, “We were not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.”
    NAS

John 8:42-47
    “If God were your Father, you would love Me; for I proceeded forth and have come from God, for I have not even come on My own initiative, but He sent Me. 43 “Why do you not understand what I am saying? It is because you cannot hear My word. 44 “You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature; for he is a liar, and the father of lies. 45 “But because I speak the truth, you do not believe Me. 46 “Which one of you convicts Me of sin? If I speak truth, why do you not believe Me? 47 “He who is of God hears the words of God; for this reason you do not hear them, because you are not of God.”
    NAS

So maybe the question is, can we here on heaven net who claim that we have God as our Father truly “hear” His words and they mean totally different things from each other? Isn't that the real question? I believe there is one truth, maybe what I understand, maybe what someone else understands, or maybe what none of us here understand. All I can say is that people can think they believe God to be their Father and Jesus not agree. There seems to be many different understandings of Jesus on here. Maybe none are correct and certainly not all of them are correct. Many seem to be truly seeking, is that all that is necessary? Jesus says that if you seek Me you will find Me. He doesn't say that if you seek Me you found Me already. When do we truly have Him as a brother and are part of His family? I think that we have to know Him in truth with the faith of a child. A child believes his/her father just because they know his voice and they trust him to say what is true. A simple faith. Are we to judge others as to say they are in the one TRUE family of God, no, I don't think so, nor should we ask someone to. I don't think it wrong to realize that we are not all in the same family though since we have a different brother Jesus. Someday will we be in the one true family of God together? Lord willing, yes. We must all follow our heart and believe what we have tested to be true.

Believing real hard in something does not make it true. We must believe truth for it to be true. How much do we have to understand to be in the one true family? I don't think that understanding is a requirement, it is faith and believing in the true God and the one true Son that He has sent. Our belief will show in our actions if it is true belief. He gives us faith to believe, and I believe that from there, we choose to believe or not. He initiates the process.

I felt that I needed to say this here at this time but we have gotten off topic. Shall we return to the topic at hand?

LU

Stu
    Participant

Saul of Tarsus and his corporation (trademarked ChristianityTM) insisted that this man Jesus of whom he dreamed be the exclusive agent of his god. Some Roman emperors eventually agreed with him, then an Arab brandished his sword in the hot maddening desert, and now look at the mess we're in. When the religious zealots have finished with it, can we have our world back?

Stuart

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Sep. 02 2008,19:24)
    Do you think I need to dust off my shoes and stop discussing religion with bigoted homophobes?

Stuart

Greetings Stu….I can't help to notice that,once again you attempted to introduce Homosexuality and the opposition to it as a platform to accuse…..People who partake in this lifestyle have every right to do as they see fit….Just because the group in this forum are not inamored with and find the lifestyle distastfull does not make them bigots..We also have the right to choose as we see fit….Keep in mind it is the lifestyle that is abhorant,the individual becomes abhorant when they attempt to force their proclivities on those that summarly reject them….

Stu
    Participant

Quote (theodorej @ Sep. 07 2008,02:14)

Quote (Stu @ Sep. 02 2008,19:24)

Stuart

Greetings Stu….I can't help to notice that,once again you attempted to introduce Homosexuality and the opposition to it as a platform to accuse…..People who partake in this lifestyle have every right to do as they see fit….Just because the group in this forum are not inamored with and find the lifestyle distastfull does not make them bigots..We also have the right to choose as we see fit….Keep in mind it is the lifestyle that is abhorant,the individual becomes abhorant when they attempt to force their proclivities on those that summarly reject them….

And that applies to homosexuals and heterosexuals equally, of course.

My post was a slightly cross-threaded dig at Tiffany or whatever she calls herself. She brought up homosexuality in another thread in a bigoted tone. She is full of 'dust off our shoes' and yet I think gay people could well do the same to her with greater justification.

Stuart

Proclaimer
    Participant

Hey this is about the Nicene Creed, not gay apes.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Sep. 13 2008,18:19)
    Hey this is about the Nicene Creed, not gay apes.

That's why I said it was a cross-thread reference. Do you think gay people should dust off their shoes when it comes to christian bigots t8?

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The creeds came from men.
    The scriptures are more usefully alive with truth.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Carnal intellectuals were in control of the false church by this time.
    Come out of her

Tim Kraft
    Participant

To all: If Jesus didn't condemn the lady caught in the very act of adultry, I don't believe for a moment he would condemn a gay person today for being himself! I do know this though, if one person condemns another person as guilty in God's eyes, he has just given up his God given freedom in life and set a law unto himself. Thank God the condemned person is unaffected by the other person's condemnation. We are rulers only of ourselves, our own Kingdoms, we do not rule anothers Kingdom. I believe religious people are the most judgmental in the world because their religion says one is better than another. This is not the teaching of Jesus the master. God Bless, TK

JustAskin
    Participant

To all,

The way to look at this is… Start a thread about it…

Please try to keep to the thread topic…or you may see you hard worked posts 'deleted'… (You will be warned first, though)

[Moderator]

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Tim Kraft @ June 19 2010,06:38)
    To all: If Jesus didn't condemn the lady caught in the very act of adultry, I don't believe for a moment he would condemn a gay person today for being himself! I do know this though, if one person condemns another person as guilty in God's eyes, he has just given up his  God given freedom in life and set a law unto himself. Thank God the condemned person is unaffected by the other person's condemnation. We are rulers only of ourselves, our own Kingdoms, we do not rule anothers Kingdom. I believe religious people are the most judgmental in the world because their religion says one is better than another. This is not the teaching of Jesus the master. God Bless, TK

TK

don't just look at what you see in Christ action you should lesson to what he says as well to the women;Jn 8:11 “No one, sir,” she said.
    “Then neither do I condemn you,” Jesus declared. “Go now and LEAVE YOUR LIFE OF SIN”

LOOK AT THIS ONE;Jn 5:6 When Jesus saw him lying there and learned that he had been in this condition for a long time, he asked him, “Do you want to get well?”
    Jn 5:7 “Sir,” the invalid replied, “I have no one to help me into the pool when the water is stirred. While I am trying to get in, someone else goes down ahead of me.”
    Jn 5:8 Then Jesus said to him, “Get up! Pick up your mat and walk.”

NOW LOOK AT WHAT CHRIST SAYS TO HIM LATER;Jn 5:14 Later Jesus found him at the temple and said to him, “See, you are well again. Stop sinning or something worse may happen to you.”

Pierre

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (Tim Kraft @ June 19 2010,06:38)
    To all: If Jesus didn't condemn the lady caught in the very act of adultry, I don't believe for a moment he would condemn a gay person today for being himself! I do know this though, if one person condemns another person as guilty in God's eyes, he has just given up his  God given freedom in life and set a law unto himself. Thank God the condemned person is unaffected by the other person's condemnation. We are rulers only of ourselves, our own Kingdoms, we do not rule anothers Kingdom. I believe religious people are the most judgmental in the world because their religion says one is better than another. This is not the teaching of Jesus the master. God Bless, TK

Greetings Tim….. It is not the sinner God hates it is the Sin…Having said that…it is not our place to Judge nor is it tolerable to not speak out against a lifestyle that is abhorant in the eyes of God…..” And while professing to be wise they became utter fools and lovers of themselves and lovers of money…..”

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 104 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account