Newbie has a question about trinitarianism

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 455 total)
  • Author

Quote (thethinker @ June 29 2009,06:55)
    Paladin said:

God anoints men.

God is not anointed.

To All,
    Let's not forget that Paladin also believes that God anoints rocks. He has a problem with God anointing God but not with God anointing a rock. Hebrews 1 indeed says that God amointed God,

But to the Son he says, “Your throne O God is forever and ever….Therefore God, Your God has anointed You above Your fellows (Heb. 1:8-9)

There it is! The Father spoke to the Son calling Him “God” and then said I have “anointed you.” Therefore, God anoints God. This is certainly more preferable than the Paladinian theory that God anoints rocks.

thinker

Amen Thinker

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ June 30 2009,03:10)
    Thinker ………..You quote “therefore your GOD has anointed you above your FELLOWS, who were the FELLOWS we they GODS also. And if they were his Fellows and were not Gods them neither could He have been a GOD, but was a man the GOD anointed about His fellow men.  Why do you ignore what Jesus (PLAINLY) said “FOR THOU ART THE (ONLY) TRUE GOD”. whats so hard to believe about that. To believe anything else to be anti-Christ . IMO

peace and love to you brother……………………….gene

Gene,
    Verse 9 is between verses 8 and 10. In verse 8 the Father calls the Son “God” and in verse 10 the Father attributes creation to Him. Did Christ's fellows create?

thinker

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ June 30 2009,03:21)
    TC27……….Here is something for you to read and then see what you think about the Murder John Calvin, (OUT OF THE FLAMES) This book is a word for word account of the trial of Michael Servetus , who wrote a article about the error of the trinity, Who Calvin Had burned at the stake and even ordered them to use green wood so his death would be slow and painful. The word for word log of the trial still exists, you should read it and then see what you opinion of the Murder Calvin is. IMO

peace and love…………..gene

Gene,
    What Calvin did was clearly wrong. But don't forget that Paul was a murderer too. This thread is not about Calvin.

thinker

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ June 30 2009,03:32)
    MARK 12:29 HEAR YE OH ISREAL THE LORD YOR GOD IS ONE LORD

And Paul said that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father (Philippians 2). I guess Paul was an idolater. We know that bodhitharta must think so because he said that Paul used “guile” in his writings.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    Jesus was sent by God to be our Lord and Master.
    Do you disagree that He had the sovereign authority to do so?

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 30 2009,05:39)
    Hi TT,
    Jesus was sent by God to be our Lord and Master.
    Do you disagree that He had the sovereign authority to do so?

Nick,
    How could God send Jesus to be Lord when there is only one Lord? Paul said that Jesus became Lord by obedience (Philippians 2).

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    Read 1Cor 8
    ” There are many lords…”
    One is Lord of Lords but he has a God.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 29 2009,11:01)
    Hi TT,
    Read 1Cor 8
    ” There are many lords…”

Nick,

You misinterpret 1 Corinthians 8. When it says that there are many lords it is referring to the fact that many people on this earth have idols that become lords in our lives. However the passage goes on to say that Jesus is our one true Lord.

You also fail to see the next point:

1 Corinthians 8 verse 6: “yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.”

In this passage it says that all things came through Jesus Christ. If Jesus Christ was merely a man born thousands of years after creation, how could all things have possibly come through him? He would have had to exist with the Father before time in order for creation to have come through him. And since we know that only God existed before creation then Jesus would have to be God in order to make it possible for all things to have come through him.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TC,
    Such logic applied to scripture has led to all sorts of follies such as trinity and Mary being said to be the mother of God.

Scripture interprets itself without your help or the addition of logic.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 29 2009,12:09)
    Hi TC,
    Such logic applied to scripture has led to all sorts of follies such as trinity and Mary being said to be the mother of God.

Scripture interprets itself without your help or the addition of logic.

Nick,

Again, you fail to give me solid Scripture. You keep avoiding my points with irrelevant statements that do not pertain to Scripture at all. I will continue to assume you cannot answer me.

TC27

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TC,
    Show me one verse that says God is a trinity and we can move on.
    Jesu did not teach such things so do you not worry about how he might feel about what you do?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (TrinitarianCalvinist27 @ June 30 2009,08:06)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 29 2009,11:01)
    Hi TT,
    Read 1Cor 8
    ” There are many lords…”

Nick,

You misinterpret 1 Corinthians 8. When it says that there are many lords it is referring to the fact that many people on this earth have idols that become lords in our lives. However the passage goes on to say that Jesus is our one true Lord.

You also fail to see the next point:

1 Corinthians 8 verse 6: “yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.”

In this passage it says that all things came through Jesus Christ. If Jesus Christ was merely a man born thousands of years after creation, how could all things have possibly come through him? He would have had to exist with the Father before time in order for creation to have come through him. And since we know that only God existed before creation then Jesus would have to be God in order to make it possible for all things to have come through him.

show me in this scripture you quoted below where Jesus is referred to as God:

Yet you see boldly “ONG GOD, The Father” it doesn't say One God the Father plus Jesus plus the Spirit, does it? If so please help me understand the complete negation of all other gods or persons of God except THE FATHER in that scripture.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Bodhitharta said:

bd,
    Why would you ask to be shown something from a document that you believe has been tampered with?

thinker

I already admitted that the word trinity is not is the Bible. However, you cannot show me a verse either that says the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are not parts of one God. So you are basing your beliefs off of interpretation too. So I do not want to hear that I should not interpret or use logic because you guys use it too.

Another point: Jesus is referred to as the Son of God. Because the Bible says this has cause many people to believe that he cannot be the Son of God and God at the same time. However, what you all fail to see is that the Bible also says that he is the Son of Man. So does that make himself not man? NO.

Participant

Quote (TrinitarianCalvinist27 @ June 29 2009,09:32)
    Nick,

Yes, that verse says that God reconciled the world to himslef in Christ. Yes, I will agree that God was in Christ. However Scripture blatantly says in Titus 2:13 “while we wait for the blessed hope-the glorious appearing of our great God AND Savior, Jesus Christ.” This verse clearly recognized Christ as being God. Just because God was in Christ, does not mean that Christ isn't God.

TC27

Hi:

So, then are there two Gods?  Jesus is God in the following sense:

Hbr 1:3 Who being the brightness of [his] glory, and the express image of his person,

The scripture also states that:

1Jo 4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.  

Jhn 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.  

1Jo 5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, [even] in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

Jhn 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou [then], Shew us the Father?  
    Jhn 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.  

Love in Christ,
    Marty

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (TrinitarianCalvinist27 @ June 30 2009,04:32)

Quote (thethinker @ June 29 2009,06:55)
    Paladin said:

God anoints men.

God is not anointed.

To All,
    Let's not forget that Paladin also believes that God anoints rocks. He has a problem with God anointing God but not with God anointing a rock. Hebrews 1 indeed says that God amointed God,

But to the Son he says, “Your throne O God is forever and ever….Therefore God, Your God has anointed You above Your fellows (Heb. 1:8-9)

There it is! The Father spoke to the Son calling Him “God” and then said I have “anointed you.” Therefore, God anoints God. This is certainly more preferable than the Paladinian theory that God anoints rocks.

thinker

Amen Thinker

I keep telling you all that Hebrews 1:8-9 is not a quote from God, it was a quote from a psalms poet speaking about a King, notice Paul does not cite his source. But Jesus always cites the source of an old testament verse he will say Isaiah said or Moses said or even quote what God told Moses but Paul did not do that he simply attributed the verse to God and God did not say that.

17:4-6 (King James Version)

5 Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD.

Ezekiel (New King James Version)
    28 Her prophets plastered them with untempered mortar, seeing false visions, and divining lies for them, saying, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD,’ when the LORD had not spoken.

Look at what paul says

Romans 3

7 For if the truth of God hath more abounded through my lie unto his glory; why yet am I also judged as a sinner?

2 Corinthians 12:15-17 (King James Version)

16 But be it so, I did not burden you: nevertheless, being crafty, I caught you with guile.

But the Lord God says:

Jeremiah 14:13-15 (King James Version)

14 Then the LORD said unto me, The prophets prophesy lies in my name: I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spake unto them: they prophesy unto you a false vision and divination, and a thing of nought, and the deceit of their heart.

Look at what Paul says:

2 Corinthians 11:16-18 (King James Version)

16 I say again, let no man think me a fool; if otherwise, yet as a fool receive me, that I may boast myself a little.

17 That which I speak, I speak it not after the Lord, but as it were foolishly, in this confidence of boasting.

18 Seeing that many glory after the flesh, I will glory also.

now may God grant you vision, Read:

Ezekiel 13:2-4 (King James Version)

2Son of man, prophesy against the prophets of Israel that prophesy, and say thou unto them that prophesy out of their own hearts, Hear ye the word of the LORD;

3Thus saith the Lord GOD; Woe unto the foolish prophets, that follow their own spirit, and have seen nothing!

4O Israel, thy prophets are like the foxes in the deserts.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (TrinitarianCalvinist27 @ June 29 2009,17:38)
    I already admitted that the word trinity is not is the Bible. However, you cannot show me a verse either that says the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are not parts of one God. So you are basing your beliefs off of interpretation too. So I do not want to hear that I should not interpret or use logic because you guys use it too.

Another point: Jesus is referred to as the Son of God. Because the Bible says this has cause many people to believe that he cannot be the Son of God and God at the same time. However, what you all fail to see is that the Bible also says that he is the Son of Man. So does that make himself not man? NO.

Hello TC,
    Welcome! You imply that since He is called “son of man” that would indicate that He is “man” and therefore since He is called “son of God” that would indicate that He is “God.” Would that be correct?

Let me ask you this, is He the man that He is “of/from?” My guess is that you would see that obviously He is NOT THE man that He is “of/from.”
    So, therefore, is He THE God that He is “of/from?” Again I would guess that you would see that He is obviously NOT the God that He is “of/from.”

I hope you followed that :)
    Kathi/Lightenup/LU

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ June 30 2009,09:21)
    Bodhitharta said:

bd,
    Why would you ask to be shown something from a document that you believe has been tampered with?

thinker

They were tampered with to show their validity and the Validity of The Quran. You have even said they have been tampered with.

Better yet, Do you believe that the Bible has not been tampered with? Yes or No?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (TrinitarianCalvinist27 @ June 30 2009,09:38)

You cannot prove a negative but you assert a positive therefore it should be simple if it exists.

When I speak to atheists my main goal is to show them evidence conscious design even to the point of explaining to them if they themselves can consciously design something that would definitely mean that Conscious design is inherent in existence because you cannot get a resource without a source therefore the positive is the application itself of Conscious design, likewise there is no inherent need for any being to co-operate with another being to function and yet you give God this deficit of function saying He requires 3 persons to function as God, are you really greater than God that you can function within your own Sovereign will and He cannot?

Truly you try to diminish THE ALL POWERFUL perhaps even worst than an Atheist.

Christian Biker
    Participant

Psalm 118:1, 4, 21, 27
    O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: because his mercy endureth for ever.
    Let them now that fear the LORD say, that his mercy endureth for ever.
    I will praise thee: for thou hast heard me, and art become my salvation.
    God is the LORD, which hath shewed us light: bind the sacrifice with cords, even unto the horns of the altar.

Matthew 26:22
    And they were exceeding sorrowful, and began every one of them to say unto him, Lord, is it I?
    Mark 2:28
    Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.
    John 20:28
    And Thomas answered and said unto him, My LORD and my God.
    Acts 9:5
    And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus…

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 455 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account