Newbie has a question about trinitarianism

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 381 through 400 (of 455 total)
  • Author
    Cindy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 10 2009,16:12)
    Hi CB,
    Do you doubt Jesus was a man?
    Peter and Paul both affirmed this fact.

Nick Even though Jesus was a man, He was not just a mere man.IMO
    If that would be so, He too would have fallen short of the glory of God. But He remembered what He had been. And so He knew what was at stake, and did not sin. That is why God had to send His Son into the world to save mankind.
    We are forever “Thankful to our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ for doing so.
    Peace and Love Irene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Irene,
    He had glory with God but did he have the Glory Of God?

Quote (Cindy @ July 09 2009,14:07)

Quote (TrinitarianCalvinist27 @ July 10 2009,09:21)

Quote (Cindy @ July 09 2009,13:15)

Quote (TrinitarianCalvinist27 @ July 10 2009,09:11)

Quote (Cindy @ July 09 2009,13:08)

Quote (TrinitarianCalvinist27 @ July 10 2009,08:21)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 09 2009,12:15)
    Hi TC,
    You can offer all the verses you want but no anointed servant of God has taught trinity
    so why do you?

Nick,

Do they actually need to sit down and spell it out for the truth to be known? Have you ever thought that it was known to the people of the Bible and so it wasn't necessary to spell it out in the sky? The Bible gives plenty of evidence of the trinity and yet you choose otherwise. You forget that the Bible was written at a different time, and have you ever thought that maybe they knew God was trinity so it didn't need to be pounded into their heads? Most Christians are trinitarians, and only a small portion deny the deity of Christ. So it aparantly is obvious to our generation too. You are blind to it.

TC27

You are certainly right that most so called Christian believe in the trinity doctrine.  That however does not make it right.  The whole world is being deceived.  Only those who our Almihty God calls out of that system will know the truth.  You have failed to trove to me that the trinity is written in the Bivle and read the post I just made to Nick where I explained that there is no trinity.
    I have said before, that the Apostles did not believe in the trinity.  It was a man made doctrine.
    It was Quintus Septimus Florens Tertullian in before A.D. 230
    who first instituded it.

Peace and Love Irene

Irene,

Just because he was the first one to come up with a name for it does not mean it is not truth. The apostles never said they did not believe in a trinity God. So your standard has to go both ways.

TC27

You are funny, just that the Apostles did not deny it, they did not even heard of it, until that man brought it up.
    Irene

Irene,

You do not speak in a civil manner. It is the anti-trinitarians on here who are the most hostile. All I am doing is trying to speak what I believe. Now, you say they never heard of the trinity docrtine? Really, that is funny, because as far as I recall, Isaiah called Jesus, Mighty God. Paul called Jesus, Great God. Thomas also called Jesus, God. So if they never heard of it, then why do they seem to believe it and profess it?

TC27

Where am I hostile?  That comment I do not like, you now have put me in a wrong attitude because of it.  My gender just came up. So calling someone funny is hostile?  Not in my book.
    I speak not in a civil manner?  If you call that not civil, then what  do you call naughtsy? Calling all non-Trinidadians hostile is slander, and it is not appreciated at all.  I never said that Jesus was not called God.  But that proves not a trinity at all.  The Father is greater then the Son.  And in Ephesians 4:6  … He is above all….
    Deut.4:35
    Deut.6:4
    1Corith.8:4
    That's all folks

Irene

Irene,

I apologize if I offended you. I would like to debate this as friends. Please do not hold it against me. I did misread your statement. I think the problem is that I have been called all sorts of names by people on this forum, and it is getting tiresome. So I apologize if that was not your intention and I took to it too defensively. Please, let us be kind to each other.

TC27

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 09 2009,17:14)

Quote (TrinitarianCalvinist27 @ July 10 2009,08:02)
    Bod,

The Bible says that the Son was to be called Immanuel. What Bible do you read?

TC27

The angel told Mary that her child was to be named Jesus.

point of interest:

Matthew's Gospel sees Isaiah's prophecy of the child Immanuel as being fulfilled in the Virgin Birth of Jesus. “The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel”—which means, “God with us.” (Matt. 1:23) Jews are quick to point out the term translated as “virgin” in this passage actually means “young woman,” while Immanuel himself should have been born in Isaiah's own time as a sign to King Ahaz of Judah that his military troubles would be ended: “Before the boy knows enough to reject the wrong and choose the right, the land of the two kings you dread will be laid waste.” (Isa. 7:13-16)

http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Isaiah

bod,

That is ridiculous. All of the prophets gave account of what would happen at the time of the birth of Jesus. Jesus had many, many names. Immanuel was only one of them.

Isaiah 9:6

6 For to us a child is born,
          to us a son is given,
          and the government will be on his shoulders.
          And he will be called
          Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
          Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

These are only a few. He had many names. But notice that one of the aforementioned names is Mighty God.

TC27

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 10 2009,21:49)
    Hi Irene,

Nick,
    What Bible are you reading? John 1:14 says that the glory of Jesus was the glory of the Father. And Hebrews 1 says that Jesus was the radiance of HIS (the Father's) glory. The radiance of the Sun is the Sun's glory. The radiance of the God is God's glory. Jesus is the radiance of God.

Think it through

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,

“We saw his glory, the glory of the ONLY BEGOTTEN OF THE FATHER…”

In what way is HIS GLORY, that of the ONLY BEGOTTEN OF the Father, become now the Father's glory???

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 10 2009,21:49)
    Hi Irene,

Nick!  Jesus had a glory with the Father when He was with Him as a Spirit Being.  That glory He did not have when He walked this earth.  However He did know where He came from, otherwise He could not know that He had a glory with His Father.
    John 17:5  ” And now O Father, glory Me together with Yourself, with the glory I had with You before the world was.”
    That is why IMO He could not sin, even though He was flesh and Blood.  He was just like us in any other way.  
    Ask yourself a question:”  If He would be just a mere man, could He have stayed without sin?”  But as far as I see it, since Scripture says that all have fallen short of the glory of God, He would have sinned. IMO  I know it is not written anywhere, but that is the way I see it.
    Peace and Irene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Irene,
    So he was not a man but a superman incapable of sin?
    Are you the same so you can follow him?

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 11 2009,07:34)
    Hi Irene,
    So he was not a man but a superman incapable of sin?
    Are you the same so you can follow him?

No I am not like Him, He did not sin. I have sinned and at times I still do. As one gets older it becomes much easier not to sin. He was not a super man, but He knew were He came from. You do not agree with that? He did allot of things differently then any other human ever did. Do you not agree with that? Please answer those question! It takes time to overcome our faults.
    Irene

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 11 2009,06:15)
    Hi TT,

“We saw his glory, the glory of the ONLY BEGOTTEN OF THE FATHER…”

In what way is HIS GLORY, that of the ONLY BEGOTTEN OF the Father, become now the Father's glory???

Christ's glory was not the only begotten of Caesar. You ignore Hebrews 1 which says that Jesus is the radiance of GOD'S glory.

Who being the radiance of His [God's] glory and the express image of His person….

thinker

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (TrinitarianCalvinist27 @ July 11 2009,02:09)

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 09 2009,17:14)

Quote (TrinitarianCalvinist27 @ July 10 2009,08:02)
    Bod,

The Bible says that the Son was to be called Immanuel. What Bible do you read?

TC27

The angel told Mary that her child was to be named Jesus.

point of interest:

Matthew's Gospel sees Isaiah's prophecy of the child Immanuel as being fulfilled in the Virgin Birth of Jesus. “The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel”—which means, “God with us.” (Matt. 1:23) Jews are quick to point out the term translated as “virgin” in this passage actually means “young woman,” while Immanuel himself should have been born in Isaiah's own time as a sign to King Ahaz of Judah that his military troubles would be ended: “Before the boy knows enough to reject the wrong and choose the right, the land of the two kings you dread will be laid waste.” (Isa. 7:13-16)

http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Isaiah

bod,

That is ridiculous. All of the prophets gave account of what would happen at the time of the birth of Jesus. Jesus had many, many names. Immanuel was only one of them.

Isaiah 9:6

6 For to us a child is born,
          to us a son is given,
          and the government will be on his shoulders.
          And he will be called
          Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
          Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

These are only a few. He had many names. But notice that one of the aforementioned names is Mighty God.

TC27

One of the names you listed was Prince of Peace and Jesus said he did not come to bring peace so how do you give him names thet he even testifies against?

What Government is on the shoulders of Christ right now?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    You are taking on scripture, not human opinion.
    If you had entered the kingdom you would know the rule of the King.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 11 2009,13:56)
    Hi BD,
    You are taking on scripture, not human opinion.
    If you had entered the kingdom you would know the rule of the King.

You simply don't know, Stop Playing NICK!!!

Either know the word or stop pretending.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    Argue all you like against the Spirit of the word of God but the outcome will never be in your favour.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 11 2009,14:04)
    Hi BD,
    Argue all you like against the Spirit of the word of God but the outcome will never be in your favour.

Just as I thought hot air and no real answers.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    If you knew Jesus you would know peace.
    Then you would not have to keep kicking against the goad.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 11 2009,14:43)
    Hi BD,
    If you knew Jesus you would know peace.
    Then you would not have to keep kicking against the goad.

Are you saying that Jesus makes sin okay Nick? If so please tell me, you are right it would feel better if I didn't have to woory about what I do or do not do.

Are you saying that believing in Jesus means no more repentence?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    You get the robe of righteousness put over you stinking rags from your life in the Pigsty.
    And under the robe the law and powers of the Spirit will begin the task of cleaning up your act.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 11 2009,17:47)
    Hi BD,
    You get the robe of righteousness put over you stinking rags from your life in the Pigsty.
    And under the robe the law and powers of the Spirit will begin the task of cleaning up your act.

What would it be cleaning up? What stinking rags and pigstye are you talking about? Your life must be much different than mind but keep in mind who Jesus came to save, perhaps you were in a pigstye and stinking rags perhaps you were completely lost, if so I understand your position . However, That wasn't my case God has blessed me from birth and was with me since then.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    All have sinned.
    God can lead you to insight and repentance.
    Satan also offered every worldly benefit to Jesus and God favours the downtrodden.

Viewing 20 posts - 381 through 400 (of 455 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account