Newbie has a question about trinitarianism

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 455 total)
  • Author
    bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 07 2009,10:41)
    Hi BD,
    Similarity to the words of scripture in another book give no validity to that book do they?

it certainly doesn't invalidate it

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ July 07 2009,11:40)

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 07 2009,09:47)

Quote (thethinker @ July 07 2009,08:23)
    bodhitharta said;

Yes, God cannot lie but that quote in Hebrews was not spoken by God nor was it attributed to be God speaking as I have shown you several times it was not a prophecy it was a poet speaking on the greatnest of his king.

bd,
    You have shown me nothing because I reject the Quran.

thinker

What does that have to do with biblical facts that I show you? Does your rejection of the Quran limit your capacity to read the scriptures you do believe in?

Ignorance is no excuse.

bd,
    What are you talking about? You say that the Quran denies the authenticity of Hebrews 1 and that God did not address the Son as “God” and attribute the creation to Him. I reject your Quran.

thinker

I didn't say that the Quran disproves Hebrew 1 I said the Bible itself does. If you knew your bible you would know that paul is not quoting God but attributing the words to God.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 07 2009,12:43)
    Hi BD,
    Deception tries to correct the Word of God.

You said that Paul's deception are wonderful and what I give you is not a deception and you seem to have a problem with it.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 07 2009,16:49)

Hi BD,
    Similarity to the words of scripture in another book give no validity to that book do they?

it certainly doesn't invalidate it

Hi BD,
    Is that enough for you?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ July 07 2009,13:36)

Hi BD,

Hi Nick:

Obviously, somebody read the bible, and took of theirs and put them together to form a new revelation.

Love in Christ,
    Mart

Bibles were not printed at large at that time and literacy was not wide spread especially literacy in diverse languages. Also what would make it so hard for God to send Gabriel down with the Quran for the people at that time?

Chritianity was steeped in the trinity doctrine and killing anyone who protested it. Jesus was a prophet and God made sure that there was no way to be confused about that.

Jesus said no one knows the time of his return not even him but only The Father. However Jesus was convinced it would be in his generation:

Matthew 16:27-28 (King James Version)

27For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

28Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

The fact is everyone of that day is dead and he did not return if you say he is God you would have to say that God was wrong or God lied. If he was simply a man and a prophet then what he said was true “he didn't know”

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 07 2009,16:52)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 07 2009,12:43)
    Hi BD,
    Deception tries to correct the Word of God.

You said that Paul's deception are wonderful and what I give you is not a deception and you seem to have a problem with it.

Hi BD,
    Please quote me where I said this?
    Are you as cunning as a serpent as advised by Jesus?

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ July 07 2009,14:03)

Quote (TrinitarianCalvinist27 @ July 07 2009,13:59)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 05 2009,19:44)
    Hi TC,
    So Jesus is God and a trinity god, including Jesus, is in Christ?
    I am losing count

Nick,

Why is this so hard? The Father, the Son, and The Holy Spirit are three persons existing in ONE God. That makes THREE persons. One, two, three. I hope my counting helped you out.

However, there is ONE GOD.

TC27

Nonsense!

non⋅sense  /ˈnɒnsɛns, -səns/  Show Spelled Pronunciation [non-sens, -suhns]  Show IPA
    Use nonsense in a Sentence
    –noun 1. words or language having little or no sense or meaning.

I hope the definition helped you out?   :;):

Love,
    Mandy

And Irene said

So, did you prove it.  No! There is no trinity doctrine.
    by Jesus own words He said that the Father is greater then He.
    In Ephesians 4:6  ….one God and Father of all, who is above all and in us all.  There are other Scriptures in the O.T. but these 2 Scriptures are the best once. IMO
    The trinity doctrine is a man made doctrine not a Godly doctrine. Also if the Holy Spirit would be a person then he would be the Father of Jesus.  No way.  You are so fumy to say to Nick what you did. He is far more educated in the Scriptures then you are.
    Irene

Mandy and Irene,
    Are you two ladies familiar with the Isaiah 48:12-16?

12: “Listen to Me O Jacob, and Israel My called: I am He, I am the First, I am also the Last.
    13: Indeed My hand has laid the foundation of the earth, and My right hand has stretched out the heavens; when I call to them, they stand up together.
    14: All of you, assemble yourselves and hear! Who among them has declared these things? The LORD loves him; He shall do His great pleasure in Babylon, and His arm shall be against the Chaldeans.
    15: I, even I have spoken; yes, I have called him, I have brought him and his way shall prosper.
    16: Come near to Me, hear this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, I was there. And now the LORD GOD and His Spirit have sent Me.”

Commenting on the phrase “The Lord God and His Spirit has sent Me” Alan Cairns says this,

The context after verse 12 shows that the speaker is the Messiah. He is clearly a divine person because in verse 12 he says, “I am he; I am the first, I am also the last….” In verse 16 He says, “From the time it was, there am I and the Lord God and His Spirit has sent Me.” What stronger evidence could be given on three divine persons, distinct from one another as to their personal properties, in unity of the divine essence? (Dictionary of Theological terms, Alan Cairns, Ambassador Emerald International, p. 496)

Anti-trinitarians deny that Christ is the First and the Last. Yet the One who calls Himself the First and the Last in verse 12 says that He created the heavens and the earth (vs. 13) and that He was sent by the Lord God and His Spirit (vs. 16).

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    So Jesus was sent.
    A servant of God.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Irene said to TC27,

In Ephesians 4:6  ….one God and Father of all, who is above all and in us all.  There are other Scriptures in the O.T. but these 2 Scriptures are the best once. IMO
    The trinity doctrine is a man made doctrine not a Godly doctrine. Also if the Holy Spirit would be a person then he would be the Father of Jesus.  No way.  You are so fumy to say to Nick what you did. He is far more educated in the Scriptures then you are.

Irene,
    You have admitted that the Father addresses Jesus as “God” in Hebrews 1. So as far as I am concerned you are contradicting yourself. And you are selective in your use of the scriptures.  You say that the Father is above all which is true. But this does not include Jesus for He is at the Father's right hand. Even t8 admitted yesterday that Jeus is neither below or above the Father. You ignore Colossians 3:17 which says that Christ is ALL IN ALL!

Do you think you could believe all the scriptures instead of throwing out the ones that you don't like?

thinker

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 07 2009,19:51)
    Hi TT,
    So Jesus was sent.
    A servant of God.

Here we go round the mulberry bush…for the millionth time.

Yes we know Nick. You have told us a thousand times and we have never denied it. We have all asserted this. Would you like to talk about Jesus at the present who is King of King and Lord of lords? Or do you want to keep talking about Him in His past position as servant?

thinker

KangarooJack
    Participant

Irene said to TC27:

The trinity doctrine is a man made doctrine not a Godly doctrine.

Bodhitharta believes in Allah and says that Paul was a deceiver and a false prophet. Yet she picks only on TC27.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    BD believes in what his book teaches.
    You teach from outside of our book.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 07 2009,21:21)
    Hi TT,

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”

These were John's opening words in reference to Jesus. I guess John teaches “outside” his book too.

thinker

Quote (Cindy @ July 06 2009,18:51)

Quote (TrinitarianCalvinist27 @ July 07 2009,13:59)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 05 2009,19:44)
    Hi TC,
    So Jesus is God and a trinity god, including Jesus, is in Christ?
    I am losing count

Nick,

Why is this so hard? The Father, the Son, and The Holy Spirit are three persons existing in ONE God. That makes THREE persons. One, two, three. I hope my counting helped you out.

However, there is ONE GOD.

TC27

Irene

Irene,

It is funny you should say that seeing as I have given more Scripture to back up my beliefs than Nick has ever given to back up his. I find your statement very interesting. I am more educated than you might think.

TC27

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ July 08 2009,03:17)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 07 2009,21:21)
    Hi TT,

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”

These were John's opening words in reference to Jesus. I guess John teaches “outside” his book too.

thinker

Hi TT,
    WAS?
    Or IS?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TC,
    So please show us from your scriptural education where God taught through any anointed servant that He is a trinity.
    If you cannot what have you preferred to study?

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 08 2009,06:21)
    Hi TC,
    So please show us from your scriptural education where God taught through any anointed servant that He is a trinity.
    If you cannot what have you preferred to study?

Nick,
    See the Isaiah 48:12-16 thread I started.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    That is not clear scriptural teaching.
    God sent his Son and anointed him with His Spirit and that Spirit led him.
    Do you have any scriptural teaching that says God is three and not one after all?

If not why do you risk the wrath of God teaching it?

Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 07 2009,17:00)

Hi BD,

Hi Nick:

Obviously, somebody read the bible, and took of theirs and put them together to form a new revelation.

Love in Christ,
    Mart

Bibles were not printed at large at that time and literacy was not wide spread especially literacy in diverse languages. Also what would make it so hard for God to send Gabriel down with the Quran for the people at that time?

Chritianity was steeped in the trinity doctrine and killing anyone who protested it. Jesus was a prophet and God made sure that there was no way to be confused about that.

Jesus said no one knows the time of his return not even him but only The Father. However Jesus was convinced it would be in his generation:

27For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

28Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

The fact is everyone of that day is dead and he did not return if you say he is God you would have to say that God was wrong or God lied. If he was simply a man and a prophet then what he said was true “he didn't know”

Hi BD:

Could you be that you are misunderstanding what Jesus meant by saying that “some would not taste death till they saw him coming in his kingdom.

He was raised from the dead, and when he was to ascend to his position at the right hand of God our Father, he said, “all power over heaven and earth has been given unto me…”. It sounds to me that he was at that time in his kingdom.

Also from the book of Hebrews:

8But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

9Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ July 08 2009,09:44)

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 07 2009,17:00)

Hi BD,

Hi Nick:

Love in Christ,
    Mart

Hi BD:

Could you be that you are misunderstanding what Jesus meant by saying that “some would not taste death till they saw him coming in his kingdom.

He was raised from the dead, and when he was to ascend to his position at the right hand of God our Father, he said, “all power over heaven and earth has been given unto me…”.  It sounds to me that he was at that time in his kingdom.

Also from the book of Hebrews:

8But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

9Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi Marty,

I wouldn't mind being wrong but the fact is that verse 27 says clearly:

27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

That of course has not happened, but that does not mean that Jesus was lying because he already said he did not know, however it would certainly exclude him from being God.

WJ and thinker will not be able to handle this truth so they most likely will attack me, but I would love to hear the response to this fact. Jesus said in verse 28 regarding verse 27:

28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 455 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account