Never quit – Never give up!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Texas
    Participant

Never quit – Never give up!

How many of us at various stages of our life have not felt like King David, because of our inherited tendency towards sin? David had this to say about his sinful state, and his inability to gain the mastery over them: “For troubles without number surround me; my sins have overtaken me, and I cannot see. They are more than the hairs of my head, and my heart fails within me.” “My guilt has overwhelmed me, like a burden too heavy to bear. My wounds fester and are loathsome because of my sinful folly. I am bowed down and brought very low, all day long I go about mourning” … … “I groan in anguish of heart. [Psalm 40:12;38:3-6} How many of us havn't felt as did David over some sinful tendency that was difficult to gain the mastery over, but do we just give up and quit trying? Never may that be true!

Can we not all relate to King Davids feelings as focused on in those Psalms? So, was David in a hopeless state with no way out of his dilemma? Not at all! Neither are we, who feel as did King David about our sinful condition. David would have known the Psalm at Chapter 130:3 that tells us: “If you, O LORD, kept a record of sin, O LORD, who could stand? But with you there is forgiveness; therefore you are feared.”

David knew what was necessary to do to gain Jehovah's forgiveness. For David explains what he had to do, and what we have to do to gain Jehovah's forgiveness at Psalms 32:5 where we read this: “Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover my iniquity. I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the LORD” and you forgave the guilt of my sin.” Yes! We follow Davids example, and confess our sins to Jehovah, and he will forgive all of our sins.

The Apostle James tells us that we “all stumble [sin] in many ways. If anyone is never at fault in what he says, he is a perfect man/woman, able to keep his whole body in check.” [James 3:2] None of us are perfect men or women, and that being the case we will stumble into sin at various times. When we have a fall, do we just lay there? No! We get up, brush ourselves off and start all over again. Remembering that Jehovah forgives when we confess our sins to him.

How do we know for certain that Jehovah will forgive us, if we fall into sin because of inherited weakness. Because of what is written in the following Psalm at Chapter 103: 8-14. That reads: “The LORD is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love. He will not always accuse, nor will he harbor his anger forever; he does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities. For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him; as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us, as a Father has compassion on his children so the LORD has compassion on those who fear him; for he knows how we are formed, he remembers that we are dust.”

With all of that in mind, when we fall, and we will at times, but we keep getting up. We never quit – we never give up!

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Texas………welcome and a good post brother.

love and peace to you and yours………………………………….gene

Proclaimer
    Participant

Your post is bigger than Texas.

:)

Admin
    Keymaster

I changed the title to a more descriptive one and have moved this discussion to the “Messages” forum.

:)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account