Nephilim

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 240 total)
  • Author
    kenrch
    Participant

OUR GOD IS A AWSOME GOD HE REINS FROM HEAVEN ABOVE!

OUR GOD IS A AWSOME GOD!!! :)

kenrch
    Participant

So then Noah must not have been too small! LOL

Praise God and His most Holy Son!

kenrch
    Participant

Hey Cubes YOU found the “B” LOL You know A to c without going through “B” get it LOL :)

Cubes
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ June 27 2006,02:17)
    Hi my sister,

You see God has shown you!
    Gen 6:4  There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

There it was the whole time!  But I didn't see it.  Nick sure didn't see it!  But God has opened YOUR eyes.

Yes there were Giants in the earth in those days.  Not Nephilims!  Just big people!  Like I said they have gaints today but that doesn't mean thay are Nephilims.

The Nepmilims came after they were already Gaints on earth.  ..”AND ALSO AFTER THAT”.  SEE there it is plain as day if you just have faith and patients.

My spirit is souring weeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!! :)  

God bless cubes!!!  Love ya,
    Kenrch

Hello Ken, love you too though I am still seeing a bit dimly …. and mulling over your idea as I didn't see it the way you mean.

Gen 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare [children] to them, the same [became] mighty men which [were] of old, men of renown.

There were giants in the earth in those days;… the same [became] mighty men which [were] of old, men of renown.

1. Are the giants those same men of renown? I believe so as I think it is stated elsewhere in the scriptures. Also KJV lists the giants of Genesis 6:4 as N@phyil, so the Nephilim.

Taken another way, if the giants of Genesis 6:4 are not the Nephilim, how do we know that the children born of women to the sons of God are nephilim or giants at all? Our conclusion that Nephilim giants were born to women is based solely on Genesis 6:4, is it not?

2. Lastly, besides the wickedness that abounded for which he sent the flood, what was the point God wanted to make when he mentioned “the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare [children] to them,”
    how does this relate to the giants of Genesis 6:4?

At any rate, we all seem to be working together towards the common goal, so still cause to rejoice!

Cubes
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ June 27 2006,02:40)
    Hey Cubes YOU found the “B” LOL  You know A to c without going through “B” get it LOL :)

Haven't quite yet, but I am enjoying working together. It's as it should be! I think to a large extent, that's what it is going to take to reconcile the body of Christ across denomination and whatever lines, don't you? As God somehow has seen fit not to give all the gift of the spirit to one part of the body but have distributed it throughout the body so that it should take our willingness to work together for the fullness to be realized as we come to have the mind of Christ. Praise be to God indeed!

Jefe Gordo
    Participant

Great work Cubes. I appreciate your insight and hard searching. :) Thanks.

I guess I got the impression that a/the Nephilim was/were the product of a “fallen angel” and a human woman. Therefore, I think the giants referred to in 1 Corinthians and those in Deuteronomy could be classified as Nephilim. Something more than just “large people”. A different hybrid class of being with physical attributes unique to them which likely led to them becoming men of renown.

Sorry if I'm not following completely.

Perhaps God's point in telling us this is to further illustrate the complete and total depravity of the world at that point. Even the angels from heaven came down and joined in the overflowing sin of humanity, further corrupting it. The “giants” that resulted from this sinful crossbreeding show the effects of sin and its lasting effects.
    Just guessing :)

God Bless

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Cubes @ June 26 2006,22:16)

Quote (kenrch @ June 27 2006,02:40)
    Hey Cubes YOU found the “B” LOL  You know A to c without going through “B” get it LOL :)

Haven't quite yet, but I am enjoying working together.  It's as it should be!  I think to a large extent, that's what it is going to take to reconcile the body of Christ across denomination and whatever lines, don't you?  As God somehow has seen fit not to give all the gift of the spirit to one part of the body but have distributed it throughout the body so that it should take our willingness to work together for the fullness to be realized as we come to have the mind of Christ.  Praise be to God indeed!

Gen 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

There were giants in those days; AND ALSO after that, (after what?) AFTER they were giants on earth, the sons of God came into the daughters of men.

BEFORE the sons of God came into the daughters of men they were giants on the earth. Which explains everything!
    The giants after the flood were decendents of Noah. These big people are not Nephiliums. These people were on the earth BEFORE the sons of God came into the daughters of men.
    I hope you see because the way you broke the scripture down showed me what happened and why the confusion.
    B = gaints on earth before the Nephilims.

Well if He didn't show you then He used you to show me :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi kenrch,
    Let me get straight what you are saying here.

So the sons of God were the Nephilim?
    The giants were the sons of God?
    The giants came into the daughters of men?

What offspring did they produce and what were they called then?

Seems a bit dodgy to me.

Reread it Nick.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 26 2006,23:56)
    Hi kenrch,
    Let me get straight what you are saying here.

So the sons of God were the Nephilim?
    The giants were the sons of God?
    The giants came into the daughters of men?

What offspring did they produce and what were they called then?

Seems a bit dodgy to me.

Ok Nick,

Gen 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

There were giants in those days and also after that. And ALSO (besides) after that. Giants on the earth and also the children of the fallen angels

It doesn't say the sons of God came into women and the children were the giants of the earth. The Giants were here BEFORE the sons of God came into the daughters of men.

Prove it wrong if you can I'm listening.

NickHassan
    Participant

hmm.
    There are so few scriptures we can neither prove matters one way or another.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 27 2006,01:04)
    hmm.
    There are so few scriptures we can neither prove matters one way or another.

How else are they giants of today. Noah, scripture says was pure, not mixed.

Just how tall was a giant in those days?

What I'm saying is the Giants of the beginning of the scripture were here and Noah had to have a gene to pass on.
    Not freaks but just big people.

Jefe Gordo
    Participant

Num 13:33 And there we saw the GIANTS, the sons of Anak, [which come] of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.

This verse makes it sound like giants really meant GIANTS – not just tall people.

I may be the only one but I think I'm reading Genesis 6:4 a little differently. To me it says there where giants/Nephilim in those days when/after/because the Sons of God came down……The following sentence could be an example. Job was a wealthy man in those days when the Lord blessed him with great riches for his righteousness. Now we can add the phrase “and after that”. If we rearrange the sentence to say – When the Nephilim were on the earth, the Sons of God came down…. that makes sense. When the Nephilim were on the earth, and after that, the Sons of God came down…. doesn't sound right.

To me it says. The Nephilim were on the earth in those days (pre-flood), and after that (post-flood), (at the point) when the Sons of God came down….

Let me know if I'm crazy :p and just not seeing this verse right. Thanks for hearing me out.

God Bless

Cubes
    Participant

Hi Jefe,

I am attempting to respond to you but keep losing my post for some reason.

My understanding of Gen 6:4 is that the Giants are the hybrids. Ken of course proposes differently and sees the giants as large humans that were before and after the hybrids. If taken his way, then scripture doesn't tell us who the hybrids are or anything about them, other than the fact that they came about through crossbreeding.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Jefe Gordo @ June 27 2006,17:20)
    Num 13:33 And there we saw the GIANTS, the sons of Anak, [which come] of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.

This verse makes it sound like giants really meant GIANTS – not just tall people.

I may be the only one but I think I'm reading Genesis 6:4 a little differently. To me it says there where giants/Nephilim in those days when/after/because the Sons of God came down……The following sentence could be an example. Job was a wealthy man in those days when the Lord blessed him with great riches for his righteousness. Now we can add the phrase “and after that”. If we rearrange the sentence to say – When the Nephilim were on the earth, the Sons of God came down…. that makes sense. When the Nephilim were on the earth, and after that, the Sons of God came down…. doesn't sound right.

To me it says. The Nephilim were on the earth in those days (pre-flood), and after that (post-flood), (at the point) when the Sons of God came down….

Let me know if I'm crazy  :p  and just not seeing this verse right. Thanks for hearing me out.

God Bless

Hi J and cubes,
    I agree.
    What happened after the flood?
    Were the wicked angels put into chains in Tartaroo immediately then?
    If so then they could not continue to produce offspring with women.
    If not they could then they might continue and produce other races of giants.

Jefe Gordo
    Participant

Nick,
    I think that “sons of God” is a reference to angels. “In those days” angels came down and …. “and after that (post-flood)” angels came down and…produced giants. I think you are right in thinking that the wicked angels were bound and punished to the extent that they could not have done this again post-flood. However, I don't think it rules out other angels falling to the same temptation after the flood. The Book of Enoch suggests the wicked angels received their punishment more for revealing the secrets of heaven to mankind and thus better enabling man to engage in sin (art of warfare ect.) than for the act of mating with human women. I guess the point is that this offense being repeated by other angels doesn't seem at all out of the question.

I wonder if there are still angels to this day that lose their place in heaven behind the scenes in the spiritual realm we can't envision.

God Bless

Jefe Gordo
    Participant

Cubes,
    Yeah, I agree that the giants/Nephilim are the hybrids themselves :O Do you think they could be the source of mythological creatures like titans and cyclops?

God Bless

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 27 2006,20:09)

Quote (Jefe Gordo @ June 27 2006,17:20)

Let me know if I'm crazy  :p  and just not seeing this verse right. Thanks for hearing me out.

God Bless

Hi J and cubes,
    I agree.
    What happened after the flood?
    Were the wicked angels put into chains in Tartaroo immediately then?
    If so then they could not continue to produce offspring with women.
    If not they could then they might continue and produce other races of giants.

Hey all that is fine. And I can certainly see how everyone would read the scripture to say That those who were on the earth;in those days.(skip and also after that) when the sons of God came into the daughters of men and …..

The children of the fallen angels were on earth: and also after that? When the sons of God came into the daughters of men.

There were giants in the earth in those days; And also after that, After the giants were on the earth, the sons of God came into the daughters of God and made Giants also but these giants were the hybirds. Half angel and half men.

The first “Natural” Giants were all human. And Noah must of had a gene to pass it along on the ark. Because no hybirds survivedte flood. If a hybird survived then God failed to accomplish His goal of destroying and rid the earth of those beast.
    Of course this is why Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord. Noah was TOTALLY human.

Gen 6:8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.
    Gen 6:9 These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.

1Pe 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

Those fallen angels are in prison:
    1Pe 3:19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;
    1Pe 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, “wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water”.

None of the fallen angels off spring survived.

kenrch
    Participant

I can understand that people are saying that I'm moving words around to make scripture fit.

Luk 23:43  And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

If taken this scripture the way it is written then the thief would be in heaven before Jesus.
    But a simple move of the comma and the scripture makes sense.

Luk 23:43  And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee To day, shalt thou be with me in paradise.

We went to -today you will be with me in pardise.  To-Isay unto you today, you will be with me in paradise.

If you don't move the comma then the theif would have been in heaven before Jesus.  Remember Jesus wasn't resurrected til three days and three nights later.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Jefe Gordo @ June 27 2006,20:45)
    Nick,
    I think that “sons of God” is a reference to angels. “In those days” angels came down and …. “and after that (post-flood)” angels came down and…produced giants. I think you are right in thinking that the wicked angels were bound and punished to the extent that they could not have done this again post-flood. However, I don't think it rules out other angels falling to the same temptation after the flood. The Book of Enoch suggests the wicked angels received their punishment more for revealing the secrets of heaven to mankind and thus better enabling man to engage in sin (art of warfare ect.) than for the act of mating with human women. I guess the point is that this offense being repeated by other angels doesn't seem at all out of the question.

I wonder if there are still angels to this day that lose their place in heaven behind the scenes in the spiritual realm we can't envision.

God Bless

Hi Jefe,
    We do know that eventually 1\3 of the angels are cast out of heaven from Revelation.That is a very major rebellion and it says in Revelation that it was not an easy one to win.

Why would women have to cover their heads “for the sake of the angels” if angelic interference with them was not an ongoing possibility?

I believe the Sons of God as angels, are the highest ranking beings, the princes or archangels like Michael,[Dan] while The Son of God, the Prince of princes[Dan] is of a higher order again above all angels.

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 240 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account