Muhammad's covenant to christians

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 145 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    God pours of his Spirit into cleansed vessels who seek the blessing.
    But unless they walk in the Spirit [gal5]that investment can be taken away[Mt25]

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 09 2009,14:00)
    Hi BD,
    God pours of his Spirit into cleansed vessels who seek the blessing.
    But unless they walk in the Spirit [gal5]that investment can be taken away[Mt25]

Agreed! God bless you!

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Oct. 09 2009,12:20)
    I am not oppose to any words of God whether written or oral as either can become distorted. I am reminded when Jesus said to Peter “get behind me Satan” and yet Jesus made Peter his successor and so by seeing this it is quite possible to comprehend that in a line of successors corruption can occur but that does not mean all in the line are corrupt.

Does not the Qur'an deny that Jesus is the son of God?

Yet in the New Testament, it is written many times.

This truth is also the foundation of the Church, the body of Christ.

Matthew 3:17
    “And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased”

Matthew 16:13-17
    13 When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples,
    “Who do people say the Son of Man is?”
    14 They replied, “Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”
    15 “But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?”
    16 Simon Peter answered, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”
    17 Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by man, but by my Father in heaven.
    18 And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.

Mark 9:7
    Then a cloud appeared and enveloped them, and a voice came from the cloud: “This is my Son, whom I love. Listen to him!”

Matthew 8:29
    “What do you want with us, Son of God?” they shouted. “Have you come here to torture us before the appointed time?”

Luke 4:41
    Moreover, demons came out of many people, shouting, “You are the Son of God!” But he rebuked them and would not allow them to speak, because they knew he was the Christ.

Matthew 4:3-6
    3 The tempter came to him and said, “If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread.”
    4 Jesus answered, “It is written: `Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.”
    5 Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple.
    6 “If you are the Son of God,” he said, “throw yourself down. For it is written: “`He will command his angels
    concerning you, and they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.'

BD, do you agree that Jesus Christ is the son of the living God?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Oct. 16 2009,15:36)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Oct. 09 2009,12:20)
    I am not oppose to any words of God whether written or oral as either can become distorted. I am reminded when Jesus said to Peter “get behind me Satan” and yet Jesus made Peter his successor and so by seeing this it is quite possible to comprehend that in a line of successors corruption can occur but that does not mean all in the line are corrupt.

Does not the Qur'an deny that Jesus is the son of God?

Yet in the New Testament, it is written many times.

This truth is also the foundation of the Church, the body of Christ.

Matthew 3:17
    “And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased”

Matthew 16:13-17
    13 When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples,
    “Who do people say the Son of Man is?”
    14 They replied, “Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”
    15 “But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?”
    16 Simon Peter answered, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”
    17 Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by man, but by my Father in heaven.
    18 And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.

Mark 9:7
    Then a cloud appeared and enveloped them, and a voice came from the cloud: “This is my Son, whom I love. Listen to him!”

Matthew 8:29
    “What do you want with us, Son of God?” they shouted. “Have you come here to torture us before the appointed time?”

Luke 4:41
    Moreover, demons came out of many people, shouting, “You are the Son of God!” But he rebuked them and would not allow them to speak, because they knew he was the Christ.

Matthew 4:3-6
    3 The tempter came to him and said, “If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread.”
    4 Jesus answered, “It is written: `Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.”
    5 Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple.
    6 “If you are the Son of God,” he said, “throw yourself down. For it is written: “`He will command his angels
    concerning you, and they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.'

BD, do you agree that Jesus Christ is the son of the living God?

What was said to Jesus about being the son of God was said to Solomon and David as well as angels and in-fact all of Israel.

God said “You are all the children of the Most High”

So of course Jesus was in that same context even in luke Adam is called the son of God but somehow you think when it comes to Jesus it means something different but either way God referring to someone as His son is not sonship as humans are sons for God does not procreate like humans so all are his creations and therefore God is a Father Spiritually and emotionally but physically He is our Creator.

Either you believe that Jesus is God or you believe that Jesus was created by God but God is not the physical Father of anyone and even if He was He would be the Father of all people equally but the fact is God is THE GOD of All flesh and Spirit this is the Most accurate way to believe if not explain to me a different way.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    But those sons are not spoken of in Ps 2 and Prov30

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 16 2009,19:28)
    Hi BD,
    But those sons are not spoken of in Ps 2 and Prov30

Proverbs 30

4 Who went up to heaven, and cometh down? Who hath gathered the wind in his fists? Who hath bound waters in a garment? Who established all ends of the earth? What [is] His name? and what His son's name? Surely thou knowest!

5 Every saying of God [is] tried, A shield He [is] to those trusting in Him.

Psalm 2 (Young's Literal Translation)

7 I declare concerning a statute: Jehovah said unto me, `My Son Thou [art], I to-day have brought thee forth.

8 Ask of Me and I give nations — thy inheritance, And thy possession — the ends of earth.

9 Thou dost rule them with a sceptre of iron, As a vessel of a potter Thou dost crush them.'

10 And now, O kings, act wisely, Be instructed, O judges of earth,

11 Serve ye Jehovah with fear, And rejoice with trembling.

12 Kiss the Chosen One, lest He be angry, And ye lose the way, When His anger burneth but a little, O the happiness of all trusting in Him

Now why do you think Jesus says this:

Matthew 11:27 (King James Version)

27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

Now you say that Jesus is the only son of God but if that were true what Jesus is saying here would be wrong but Jesus says no one knows who the Son is because God calls Son whom he pleases. Obviously every person born again is born from above they have become a Son or daughter of God just like Jesus was told at the Jordan.

The Pious as Sons of God.

The Apocrypha and Pseudepigrapha contain a few passages in which the title “son of God” is given to the Messiah (see Enoch, cv. 2; IV Esdras vii. 28-29; xiii. 32, 37, 52; xiv. 9); but the title belongs also to any one whose piety has placed him in a filial relation to God (see Wisdom ii. 13, 16, 18; v. 5, where “the sons of God” are identical with “the saints”; comp. Ecclus. [Sirach] iv. 10). It is through such personal relations that the individual becomes conscious of God's fatherhood, and gradually in Hellenistic and rabbinical literature “sonship to God” was ascribed first to every Israelite and then to every member of the human race (Abot iii. 15, v. 20; Ber. v. 1; see Abba). The God-childship of man has been especially accentuated in modern Jewish theology, in sharp contradistinction to the Christian God-sonship of Jesus. The application of the term “son of God” to the Messiah rests chiefly on Ps. ii. 7, and the other Messianic passages quoted above.

The phrase “the only begotten son” (John iii. 16) is merely another rendering for “the beloved son.” The Septuagint translates (“thine only son”) of Gen. xxii. 2 by “thy beloved son.” But in this translation there is apparent a special use of the root , of frequent occurrence in rabbinical literature, as a synonym of (“choose,” “elect”; see Bacher, “Die Aelteste Terminologie der Jüdischen Schriftauslegung,” s.v.); the “only begotten” thus reverts to the attribute of the “servant” who is the “chosen” one.

Read more: http://jewishencyclopedia.com/view.js….7kV5KNv

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    There are many sons of God, angelic and human.
    But there is only one called the SON OF GOD.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 17 2009,06:19)
    Hi BD,
    There are many sons of God, angelic and human.
    But there is only one called the SON OF GOD.

There are is no Capitalization in the original language so SON OF GOD IS SON OF GOD and LORD IS LORD.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    There are many sons but only one called the son of God.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 17 2009,06:40)
    Hi BD,
    There are many sons but only one called the son of God.

You are simply incorrect God said he was a Father to Solomon, what does that mean?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    And so are the jews in Deut 14 1 but only one is the son of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    The Jews were awaiting the Son of God spoken of in ps 2 and prov 30.
    Ps 2 shows him to be an anointed King who has the backing of God Himself.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 17 2009,21:07)
    Hi BD,
    And so are the jews in Deut 14 1 but only one is the son of God.

Show what you are saying with scripture or stop condemning trinitarians for not proving the trinity exclusively with scripture

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 17 2009,21:25)
    Hi BD,
    The Jews were awaiting the Son of God spoken of in ps 2 and prov 30.
    Ps 2 shows him to be an anointed King who has the backing of God Himself.

And how is it thyat Jesus is presently a King?

And where is he a King?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    You will not be able to see the kingdom because you must be born again to do so. Buy salve.
    King Jesus entered Jerusalem on a donkey and now people everywhere are forcing their way into the kingdom.[Lk16.16]

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 18 2009,15:18)
    Hi BD,
    You will not be able to see the kingdom because you must be born again to do so. Buy salve.
    King Jesus entered Jerusalem on a donkey and now people everywhere are forcing their way into the kingdom.[Lk16.16]

So did this King Die?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    Indeed he did by crucifixion and his spirit left him at Calvary.
    But the faithful abiding Spirit of God raised him to eternal life.
    Now the firstborn from the dead shines his light for us to follow him.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 18 2009,16:58)
    Hi BD,
    Indeed he did by crucifixion and his spirit left him at Calvary.
    But the faithful abiding Spirit of God raised him to eternal life.
    Now the firstborn from the dead shines his light for us to follow him.

so when was he made a King?

and pilate wrote a title too, and put it on the stake, and it was written, Yausha of Nazereth, the sovereign of the yehudim
    yohanan 19.19

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (princess of the king @ Oct. 19 2009,14:30)
    and pilate wrote a title too, and put it on the stake, and it was written, Yausha of Nazereth, the sovereign of the yehudim
    yohanan 19.19

So did Pilate make him a King? Was he actually called a King while he was on earth?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 145 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account