Monotheism is scripture's theme.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 183 total)
  • Author
    KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (gollamudi @ July 02 2009,20:59)
    You are  mistaken brother thinker. Shema of Israel never talks about two Gods or two Lords. It talks about one and only LORD(Adonai) God. Here the mistake is on the part of the translators on Det 6:4. Here the Hebrew word for Lord is YHWH which is used only for God alone not for Messiah my Lod. The english 'Lord' is used for anybody even for human kings and authorities.

G,
    Make up your mind. You say that Shema of Israel never talks of two Lords. But you said that there are two Lords.

There are two Lords. One is LORD(Adonai) God and the other is Lord(Adoni) Messiah.

Messiah is called “Adonai” in Psalm 110:5

thinker

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 02 2009,06:53)

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 02 2009,02:40)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 02 2009,18:12)

Quote (gollamudi @ July 02 2009,02:04)
    Hi brother WJ,
    Yes I can give the interpretation for the scriptures in Ps 110. Please gothrough the link given below.

http://focusonthekingdom.org/articles/BD86.htm

I hope that will clarify your doubts on interpretation of the Messianic Psalm 110. Jesus was anointed Messiah and he was David's Lord and he is also my Lord. But he is different from the One and Only God the LORD(Adonai) who has made him as Lord Messiah.

Peace to you
    Adam

Hi GM

This doesn't address Psalms 110:5 which addresses Jesus at the right hand as ADONAI which is the name for YHWH.

WJ

You are simply wrong to the core. The scribes simply put Adonai in place of Lord out of respect for God it had nothing to do with designating God the title lord because the title can be applied to anyone that has respect, as I said all kings were called lord, many husbands were called lord in-fact if you were at a royal party someone could very well say My lord, said to my lord that lord byron had a conflict with the landlord who was at the right hand of my lord.

Would all these people be God to you and all equal as well.

Hi BD

Yes as always when it doesnt agree with your theology then the scriptures are corrupt and the translators corrupted them!

Weak!

WJ

WJ,

You are so correct. Bod claims everything has to do with the scribes. He does this whenever Scripture disagrees with his beliefs. It is weak.

TC27

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ July 02 2009,20:45)

Quote (gollamudi @ July 02 2009,20:12)
    Yes brother Thinker,
    There are two Lords. One is LORD(Adonai) God and the other is Lord(Adoni) Messiah.

G,
    Then why can't there be two Gods? God did not say “The Lord your God is one God.” He said, “The Lord your God is one Lord.” If you can confess two Lords when God said there is only one Lord, then why do you find fault with trinitarianism?

thinker

Here listen and I will instruct you by the grace and power of God.

God said, “Hear O Israel, for the LORD your God is ONE Lord.”

Deuteronomy 6:3-5 (Young's Literal Translation)

3`And thou hast heard, O Israel, and observed to do, that it may be well with thee, and that thou mayest multiply exceedingly, as Jehovah, God of thy fathers, hath spoken to thee, [in] the land flowing with milk and honey.

4`Hear, O Israel, Jehovah our God [is] one Jehovah;

That is the literal translation

The most important part there is that it says “Jehovah our God”

and then it says

5 and thou hast loved Jehovah thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might,

If you love Jehovah thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul and all thy might what other God can you love this way?

Also to say the Lord God would be eliminating any possibility of a trinity which would consist of lords that equal God
    So the number is not more than one but One Lord who is God

So one can say one lord that is Christ but that lord can not be the one lord that is God. Of course Hebrew and I do believe greek does not have capitalization per se so when we see LORD Lord or lord it is just our way of placing importance where we choose to not that there is any scriptural emphasis than the one added

for instance we read sons of God or son of God but pertaining to Jesus the same word is capitalized as Son of God but the original scriptures had no such distinction.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 03 2009,02:53)

Hi brother WJ,
    Yes I can give the interpretation for the scriptures in Ps 110. Please gothrough the link given below.

I hope that will clarify your doubts on interpretation of the Messianic Psalm 110. Jesus was anointed Messiah and he was David's Lord and he is also my Lord. But he is different from the One and Only God the LORD(Adonai) who has made him as Lord Messiah.

Peace to you
    Adam

Hi GM

This doesn't address Psalms 110:5 which addresses Jesus at the right hand as ADONAI which is the name for YHWH.

WJ

You are simply wrong to the core. The scribes simply put Adonai in place of Lord out of respect for God it had nothing to do with designating God the title lord because the title can be applied to anyone that has respect, as I said all kings were called lord, many husbands were called lord in-fact if you were at a royal party someone could very well say My lord, said to my lord that lord byron had a conflict with the landlord who was at the right hand of my lord.

Hi BD

Yes as always when it doesnt agree with your theology then the scriptures are corrupt and the translators corrupted them!

Weak!

WJ

Actually in the post you were responding to I said the scribes altered the scriptures there out of respect but nonetheless that is tampering and look at the confusion it has caused.

Do you realize that most people at least in America believe that the word “lord” only pertains to God. Therefore saying Jesus is lord here is misleading to those who don't know any better.

It would be better saying that Jesus is Christ the Son of God

And it would be clearest to say that Jesus is The Christ the servant of God and man.

Notice Jesus said Matthew 23:11 But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (TrinitarianCalvinist27 @ July 03 2009,03:45)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 02 2009,06:53)

Hi brother WJ,

Peace to you
    Adam

Hi GM

WJ

Hi BD

Weak!

WJ

WJ,

You are so correct. Bod claims everything has to do with the scribes. He does this whenever Scripture disagrees with his beliefs. It is weak.

TC27

The funny thing about you saying that was I only started talking about scribes when thinker, wj and paladin started discussing the integrity of the scriptures and translations they were the forerunners to me pointing out what I have pointed out.

Now I love all these guys so perhaps God allowed the conversation to develop the way it has because for a certainty it has been tampered with and the funny thing is after thinker said I should not say such a thing he agrees that the actual name used for God was replaced with “lord” isn't that clear cut tampering?

KangarooJack
    Participant

bodhitharta said:

3`And thou hast heard, O Israel, and observed to do, that it may be well with thee, and that thou mayest multiply exceedingly, as Jehovah, God of thy fathers, hath spoken to thee, [in] the land flowing with milk and honey.

bd,
    I am granting you that it says “one Jehovah.” But I deny that it means one in the sense you say for you do not give a complete translation of the verse. The verse literally says this,

Jehovah ELOHIM OF US is one Jehovah

http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/OTpdf/deu6.pdf

You can see then that Jehovah is a plural one. The plural “Elohim” with the plural pronoun “US” declares this unmistakeably.

thinker

Quote (thethinker @ July 02 2009,09:59)
    bodhitharta said:

bd,
    I am granting you that it says “one Jehovah.” But I deny that it means one in the sense you say for you do not give a complete translation of the verse. The verse literally says this,

You can see then that Jehovah is a plural one. The plural “Elohim” with the plural pronoun “US” declares this unmistakeably.

thinker

Bod,

Please do not give some “scribe” excuse to this. It gets old.

TC27

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (TrinitarianCalvinist27 @ July 03 2009,06:05)

bodhitharta said:

bd,

thinker

Bod,

TC27

TC27,
    I just started a new topic on Deuteronomy 6:4. And yes, you may expect bod to say that the manuscript is corrupt. This is his approach. Bod has made himself the Almighty Judge.

thinker

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (TrinitarianCalvinist27 @ July 03 2009,06:05)

bodhitharta said:

bd,

thinker

Bod,

TC27

The fact is that

One Jehovah is described as Our God whose name is Jehovah that would exclude other names that could be “Our God”

Paladin
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ July 03 2009,05:59)
    bodhitharta said:

bd,

thinker

Yah! As in “Israel, Jehovah, the God of us is echad Jehovah”

“Echad” is one to the exclusion of all others.

Adam and Eve are “one flesh” as in “one to the exclusion of all others,” i.e., no three-way partnerships.

“Echad” rib,” one to the exclusion of all others.

It is how the word is utilized in scripture.

Quote (Paladin @ July 02 2009,14:51)

bodhitharta said:

bd,

thinker

Adam and Eve are “one flesh” as in “one to the exclusion of all others,” i.e., no three-way partnerships.

Hi PD

Wrong again!

“Hear, O Israel! Yahweh is our God, Yahweh is one [Echad]!” Deuteronomy 6:4

Yachid vs. Echad The most important verse Jews memorized in the Bible was Deut 6:4: “Hear, O Israel! Yahweh is our God, Yahweh is one [Echad]!” There are a few words in Hebrew that the Holy Spirit could have used a word the has one exclusive meaning: the numeric, solitary oneness of God (“yachid” or “bad”).

Instead the Holy Spirit chose to use the Hebrew word, “echad” which is used most often as a unified one, and sometimes as numeric oneness. For example, when God said in Genesis 2:24 “the two shall become one [echad] flesh” it is the same word for “one” that was used in Deut 6:4.  

This is most troubling for Anti-Trinitarians since the word yachid, the main Hebrew word for solitary oneness, is never used in reference to God. Source

Denial of plural unity in scriptures is a denial of reality!

WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    Still trawling for trinity justifications?
    Find your doctrine written and it will deserve serious study.

WorshippingJesus said:

Hi PD

Wrong again!

Yachid vs. Echad The most important verse Jews memorized in the Bible was Deut 6:4: “Hear, O Israel! Yahweh is our God, Yahweh is one [Echad]!” There are a few words in Hebrew that the Holy Spirit could have used a word the has one exclusive meaning: the numeric, solitary oneness of God (“yachid” or “bad”).

Instead the Holy Spirit chose to use the Hebrew word, “echad” which is used most often as a unified one, and sometimes as numeric oneness. For example, when God said in Genesis 2:24 “the two shall become one [echad] flesh” it is the same word for “one” that was used in Deut 6:4.

This is most troubling for Anti-Trinitarians since the word yachid, the main Hebrew word for solitary oneness, is never used in reference to God. Source

WJ

WJ,

AMEN!

TC27

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TC,
    God is one.
    God is the Father[1Cor8]
    That is if you are one of the US spoken of there.

Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 03 2009,08:04)

bodhitharta said:

bd,

thinker

Hi PD

Wrong again!

WJ

Hi WJ:

If you mean plural unity like this:

21That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

Then, I agree.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 02 2009,02:35)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 02 2009,17:48)

Quote (gollamudi @ July 02 2009,01:44)
    Good post brother Bodhitharta. Many Christians even don't the difference between Lord and God. “Jesus Christ is Lord” means for them he is YHWH the only God. How pathetic it is to claim christianity to be a Monotheistic reliigion.

Peace to you
    Adam

Hey GM

Read the post and tell us about Psalm 110.

What is your opinion.

You are simply agreeing with a Muslim.

WJ

Who is being more like Christ between us?

The one who bows in submission to Our Father in Heaven and says He is God Alone

or the other who says that Christ is God? Can you be like God? No? then how can you be like your version of Christ?

I assure you that when I present myself on the day of Judgement I will testify that Jesus is The Christ and he has been given the right of mediation/intercessor to his followers which I am one of. So I will testify that His Christ was exalted to the Glory of His Father who is his God.

You on the other hand will be trying to explain to the Father that he is really the same as the son and you will be asking where the spirit is? Then God will ask you who is your mediator and you will say “you are Jesus” and The Father will say “I am not Jesus” and then Jesus will say I don't know this one” And then Jesus will say to His Father surely you know I didn't tell them I was a god or part of a God they are surely workers of iniquity.

Hi BD

Funny thing is, I believe Jesus is all those things you say, but I also follow the example of the Apostles and believe their words…

Thomas said to him, “MY LORD AND MY GOD!” John 20:28

Do you see a rebuke from Jesus? Yet we read in Acts one eaten with worms for not pointing them to God when they called him God!

Simon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ,   To those who through the righteousness of “OUR GOD AND SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST” have received a faith as precious as ours: 2 Peter 1:1 GSR makes this one unambiguous!

while we wait for the blessed hope–the glorious appearing of “OUR GREAT GOD AND SAVIOR, JESUS CHRIST', Titus 2:13 GSR applies again!

So how about it BD? Will you run back to the choran to get your answers.

When you stand before the Father and Jesus will you tell them your god was Allah and your prophet was Mohammad?

The Father calls Jesus God and commands the Angels to worship him, how about you?

WJ

Quote (942767 @ July 02 2009,18:06)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 03 2009,08:04)

bodhitharta said:

bd,

thinker

Hi PD

Wrong again!

WJ

Hi WJ:

If you mean plural unity like this:

21That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

Then, I agree.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi 94

Good example. But remember Jesus Unity with the Father is not the same as ours, for if it was then we would be dwelling in one another.

Notice how Jesus words are “that they also may be “one in us“.

So it is the Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit that lives in us.

That is a “Unity” that no other shares but the three.

They are so one that you cannot even tell who it is speaking to you, can you?

That is because they are “One God” and their nature is identical in every way.

Blessings WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    Did you add another person to the Scripture?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 03 2009,11:21)

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 02 2009,02:35)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 02 2009,17:48)

Quote (gollamudi @ July 02 2009,01:44)
    Good post brother Bodhitharta. Many Christians even don't the difference between Lord and God. “Jesus Christ is Lord” means for them he is YHWH the only God. How pathetic it is to claim christianity to be a Monotheistic reliigion.

Peace to you
    Adam

Hey GM

Read the post and tell us about Psalm 110.

What is your opinion.

You are simply agreeing with a Muslim.

WJ

Who is being more like Christ between us?

The one who bows in submission to Our Father in Heaven and says He is God Alone

or the other who says that Christ is God? Can you be like God? No? then how can you be like your version of Christ?

I assure you that when I present myself on the day of Judgement I will testify that Jesus is The Christ and he has been given the right of mediation/intercessor to his followers which I am one of. So I will testify that His Christ was exalted to the Glory of His Father who is his God.

You on the other hand will be trying to explain to the Father that he is really the same as the son and you will be asking where the spirit is? Then God will ask you who is your mediator and you will say “you are Jesus” and The Father will say “I am not Jesus” and then Jesus will say I don't know this one” And then Jesus will say to His Father surely you know I didn't tell them I was a god or part of a God they are surely workers of iniquity.

Hi BD

Funny thing is, I believe Jesus is all those things you say, but I also follow the example of the Apostles and believe their words…

Thomas said to him, “MY LORD AND MY GOD!” John 20:28

Do you see a rebuke from Jesus? Yet we read in Acts one eaten with worms for not pointing them to God when they called him God!

Simon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ,   To those who through the righteousness of “OUR GOD AND SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST” have received a faith as precious as ours: 2 Peter 1:1 GSR makes this one unambiguous!

while we wait for the blessed hope–the glorious appearing of “OUR GREAT GOD AND SAVIOR, JESUS CHRIST', Titus 2:13 GSR applies again!

So how about it BD? Will you run back to the choran to get your answers.

When you stand before the Father and Jesus will you tell them your god was Allah and your prophet was Mohammad?

The Father calls Jesus God and commands the Angels to worship him, how about you?

WJ

Let me ask you is Paul a God too since he was called a God and did not prevent it.

Acts 28
    6 Howbeit they looked when he should have swollen, or fallen down dead suddenly: but after they had looked a great while, and saw no harm come to him, they changed their minds, and said that he was a god.

The scripture does not say that at that time he denied what they said.

So is Paul a God as well?

By the way as far as angels worshiping mankind if you had read the Quran(proper spelling) The Quran explains:

(1) And behold, We said to the angels: “bow down to Adam” and they bowed down. Not so Iblis(Satan): he refused and was haughty: and He was of those who reject Faith.
    ( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #34)

We have already seen The Father call many people God so that doesn't change my point at all. He even called Moses God are all these people really gods in the same context as The Only True God.

Read the Quran and get clarity.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TC,
    Is Jesus not your Saviour?
    God our Saviour appointed him to be

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 183 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account