Moderators

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Admin
    Keymaster

I have decided for now to remove all moderators except for myself and Nick. Although Nick hasn’t visited for some time.

I am on holidays at the moment and have noticed that arguments here have got out of hand. I don’t have the time to sort this out now, so I have deleted all new mods for now and will revisit this issue when I am back to normal life.

Feel free to put your 2 cents worth in.

shimmer
    Participant

Hi Heaven, I dont think what happened to JustAskin was fair,
    I have seen posters here who have hurt people, and they got away with it… not even a tile.
    The problem is between the two of them and the posts and tiles and banning got too carried away.

Baker
    Participant

Hi t8! I don't think that JA was nice, calling people names is not what this Forum is about. Even so I did not report Him, I have been accused by someone, which is not right. You have a good time.
    Peace to you and yours Irene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (heaven @ Jan. 01 2011,12:17)
    I have decided for now to remove all moderators except for myself and Nick. Although Nick hasn't visited for some time.

I am on holidays at the moment and have noticed that arguments here have got out of hand. I don't have the time to sort this out now, so I have deleted all new mods for now and will revisit this issue when I am back to normal life.

Hi t8,

Hope your holiday is going well.  As far as blocking JA, I was following your example with Martian.  Martian was posting hate and begging to be kicked off the site……….so you kicked him off.  The following is one of the last things JA posted:

Shimmer,

My task, should i choose to accept it (and I have) …is to get banned from this site….so dream on in getting in my way…”get thee behind me Shimmer”

After enduring hate and pleading with him for about 4 hours straight, I gave him what he asked for and told him you could sort it out later, when you had the time.

I have mixed feelings about what you did here though.  I was your moderator – JA was not anymore – as you removed his mod status more than a week earlier and told me to moderate him as I would anyone else.  

Don't forget that YOU asked ME to be a moderator – I didn't ask YOU.  Don't forget that YOU told ME to moderate JA as I would anyone else – it was not MY decision to remove his status.  And I feel that as your only active moderator, you should have pm'd me about this before you went public with it.  You owed me that for the effort I put in, and this feels like an embarrassing slap in the face.  And for what?  Doing to JA EXACTLY what you did to Martian in the EXACT same situation?

You'll notice that much of the hate has now subsided, t8.  There were hurt feelings and mixed emotions about JA being silenced, but we are now DISCUSSING scriptural things in the “bodies” topic instead of posting hate.  And I, for one, am EXTREMELY satisfied to go to that thread and NOT see post after post of hate directed at me, and virtually everyone else, since he's been gone.

On the other side of the coin, I don't really care.  Like I said, I didn't ask for the job.  And if you'll remember, I took a couple of days before accepting it.  My only concern was that I would be able to post exactly the same way I always have.  And that's what I've done.  

Since that time, I have given two blocks to Kangaroo Jack – not for purposely misquoting me twice, but for refusing to fix the problems after I pointed them out to him.  And that was it until last week.  I have not abused the priviledge in any way, and only did to JA what you did to Martian under the same circumstances.

That's my two cents.

mike

seekingtruth
    Participant

My only concern is the deleting of obscene post, I don't really care about the ones selling pills, but I wouldn't want kids seeing some of those sites we've had here at times. T8, I know you do all you can and it is much appreciated.

Thank you – Wm

Lightenup
    Participant

t8 enjoy your holiday and your family! I will be glad to have you back though :)

God bless,
    Kathi

david
    Participant

Wait. There are new moderators? Who are they?

Stu
    Participant

Quote (seekingtruth @ Jan. 01 2011,14:13)
    My only concern is the deleting of obscene post, I don't really care about the ones selling pills, but I wouldn't want kids seeing some of those sites we've had here at times. T8, I know you do all you can and it is much appreciated.

Thank you – Wm

Hear hear. As they say, the real head of a household is the one that cleans the toilet, and t8 obviously puts a lot of thankless work into keeping the website functioning appropriately.

Stuart

shimmer
    Participant

What happened to the user Astaria ? He seemed like a good poster and now I see He is unregistered. Was there a reason ?

Admin
    Keymaster

His email address got caught in the spam filter.
    He should re-register and I will keep it this time.

princess
    Participant

T8,
    i concur with your decision, tis a wise one. it is good to see you still hold nick as a brother.

Baker
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 01 2011,13:50)

Quote (heaven @ Jan. 01 2011,12:17)
    I have decided for now to remove all moderators except for myself and Nick. Although Nick hasn't visited for some time.

I am on holidays at the moment and have noticed that arguments here have got out of hand. I don't have the time to sort this out now, so I have deleted all new mods for now and will revisit this issue when I am back to normal life.

Hi t8,

Hope your holiday is going well.  As far as blocking JA, I was following your example with Martian.  Martian was posting hate and begging to be kicked off the site……….so you kicked him off.  The following is one of the last things JA posted:

Shimmer,

My task, should i choose to accept it (and I have) …is to get banned from this site….so dream on in getting in my way…”get thee behind me Shimmer”

After enduring hate and pleading with him for about 4 hours straight, I gave him what he asked for and told him you could sort it out later, when you had the time.

I have mixed feelings about what you did here though.  I was your moderator – JA was not anymore – as you removed his mod status more than a week earlier and told me to moderate him as I would anyone else.  

Don't forget that YOU asked ME to be a moderator – I didn't ask YOU.  Don't forget that YOU told ME to moderate JA as I would anyone else – it was not MY decision to remove his status.  And I feel that as your only active moderator, you should have pm'd me about this before you went public with it.  You owed me that for the effort I put in, and this feels like an embarrassing slap in the face.  And for what?  Doing to JA EXACTLY what you did to Martian in the EXACT same situation?

You'll notice that much of the hate has now subsided, t8.  There were hurt feelings and mixed emotions about JA being silenced, but we are now DISCUSSING scriptural things in the “bodies” topic instead of posting hate.  And I, for one, am EXTREMELY satisfied to go to that thread and NOT see post after post of hate directed at me, and virtually everyone else, since he's been gone.

On the other side of the coin, I don't really care.  Like I said, I didn't ask for the job.  And if you'll remember, I took a couple of days before accepting it.  My only concern was that I would be able to post exactly the same way I always have.  And that's what I've done.  

Since that time, I have given two blocks to Kangaroo Jack – not for purposely misquoting me twice, but for refusing to fix the problems after I pointed them out to him.  And that was it until last week.  I have not abused the priviledge in any way, and only did to JA what you did to Martian under the same circumstances.

That's my two cents.

mike

t8 For what is worth I agree with Mike. JA was abusive and Mike did the right thing IMO

Peace Irene

princess
    Participant

mike,

tisk tisk
    accepting pm's is not a strong point of mine. sorry. you could speak to ja and ask him, he understands. received one of his, this is what i believe, not a creed though, no harm ja, i did not read yours to its entirety.

you may display the content of the pm to the forum perhaps, with dear honesty your words are bothersome to me, this may be to the fact that you babble on and on, i do not do well with this, time is of the essence for some, the ones that place energy and time to place themselves on a soapbox, i have no patience with, nor do i take what they have to say with much regard.

this however is me, i cannot speak for others.

i do believe in fair weights, measures and practice, some may not understand this due to the universal responisbility that comes with this belief.

what is the most bothersome thing to me is that when a poster attachs seven paragraphs to answer with one sentence. amatuer writing at its best.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (princess @ Jan. 02 2011,06:47)
    this may be to the fact that you babble on and on, i do not do well with this, time is of the essence for some, the ones that place energy and time to place themselves on a soapbox

:D  :laugh:  :D

You were whining about why I didn't delete some spam.  I explained to you that I couldn't.  And I believe I used less words on MY “soapbox” than YOU just did in this insulting post to me!   :D  :laugh:  :D

What you think of me is of no consequence whatsoever. :)

peace and love to you,
    mike

princess
    Participant

then the pm was not needed, nor is your explaination.

love and peace to you as well.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

:)

KangarooJack
    Participant

Hi t8,

Mikeboll is not speaking the truth about my refusing to clear up my unintentional misquotes. The first was publically cleared up on the thread. The second was cleared up in a pm to Mike and I asked him to remove the tile he gave me and he wouldn't. I can't remember if I cleared up the second misquote publically or not.  

As you know t8 I was fully cooperative with you on that matter of your suspending my editing rights and I did all that you asked me to do. Mike did not want to work out our misunderstanding. It was just a misunderstanding.

I think it a good thing that you have removed Mike as a moderator because he is not qualified. May I suggest that you install Keith (Worshippingjesus). He has a good reputation here. That he is a trinitarian should not matter. I am now active on another site where the owner of the site is a trinitarian and the global moderator is a non-trinitarian.

Please consider Keith because he is most spirituallly qualified.

Roo

princess
    Participant

anyone ever have the thought of petitioning Nick to come back?

Istari
    Participant

What does a Moderator do, other than give tiles?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Kangaroo Jack @ Jan. 04 2011,01:10)
    I think it a good thing that you have removed Mike as a moderator because he is not qualified.

Is there a training class I wasn't aware of? :D

I find it funny that so many have bad things to say about my moderation when I only ever dealt with two people as a moderator. :D

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account