Mikeboll64 vs francis

Viewing 20 posts - 1,321 through 1,340 (of 1,827 total)
  • Author

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 29 2011,08:42)
    Hi Jack,

Here is what the Scriptures say…

Eph.4:4-6 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord,
    one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who
    is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Hebrews 12:9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave
    them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

John 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall
    worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
    John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Eph.1:17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory,
    may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
    Matt.10:20 For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

Hebrews 7:28 For the law maketh men high priests which have infirmity; but
    the word of the oath(Isaiah 7:14), which was since the law(Gal.3:17),
    maketh the Son(Jesus Christ), who is consecrated for evermore.

HolySpirit is “GOD: The Father” of Jesus Christ!

Luke 2:49 And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me?
    wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?

Luke 10:22 All things are delivered to me of my Father:
    and no man knoweth who the Son is, but the Father; and who
    the Father is, but the Son, and he to whom the Son will reveal him.

John 5:17 But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.

Luke 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;

Luke 24:49 And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye
    in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.

John 6:65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come
    unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.

John 8:28 Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man,
    then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself(Amos 3:7);
    but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me,
    he will keep my words: and my Father will love him,
    and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Matt.25:34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand,
    Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom
    prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

Witnessing to a worldwide audience in behalf of YHVH!
    יהוה האלהים (JEHOVAH GOD) YÄ-hä-vā  hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm!
    Ed J (Isaiah 49:16 / Isaiah 60:14 / Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org (Ecl.9:12-16)

Ed,

You misapply the scriptures. One example has to do with Jesus' statement, “As my Father has taught me I speak these things.” Jesus was referring to the timing of the revelation of truth.

While in the flesh Jesus did not disclose truth in His own time frame. Read ALL the scriptures you gave IN THEIR CONTEXT!

Jack

Quote (942767 @ Jan. 28 2011,15:06)
    Hi Keith:

Here are a couple of scriptures for you to ponder:

10Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

Nothing about the Holy Spirit in that verse. ???

Matthew 10:19But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.

20For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

OK, But why does it say “the Spirit of your Father“?

You anti Jesus is God folks always say that Jesus can't be  God if he is of God, don't you? Then how can the “Spirit of our Father”, be the Father? Why didn't the writer say simply “For it is not ye that speak, but “the  Father which speaketh in you“.

Acts 1
    1The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach,

2Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen:

after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen:

So Jesus is speaking “through the Father”, I thought the Father speaks through the Jesus and the Holy Spirit?

Please explain.

Now here are some scriptures for you…

I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost. Mk 1:8

So Jesus baptizes us in the Father?

Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear. Acts 2:33

So the promise of the Father Jesus recieved and sent us was the Father himself. Since when did Jesus send the Father?

And we are his witnesses of these things; and [so is] also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him. Acts 5:32

So God gave us the Father?

And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as [he did] unto us; Acts 15:18

Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into. 1 Peter 1:12

So the Father was sent down from heaven?

He therefore that despiseth, despiseth not man, but God, who hath also given unto us his holy Spirit. 1 Thess 4:8

And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; John 14:16

So Jesus prays the Father will give himself, even though it says “he shall give you another Comforter”?

But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. John 14:26

Whos is the Father sending here Marty?

But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, [even] the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: John 15:26

Who is Jesus sending here Marty? Is the Father proceeding from himself?

Thats just a few for you to think about.

WJ

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 28 2011,16:42)
    Hi Jack,

Eph.4:4-6 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord,

Hebrews 12:9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave
    them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
    John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Matt.10:20 For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

Luke 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;

ED

Which one of those scriptures says “the Holy Spirit is the Father or “Jesus is the Son of the Holy Spirit”?

WJ

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 29 2011,09:26)

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 28 2011,16:42)
    Hi Jack,

ED

Which one of those scriptures says “the Holy Spirit is the Father or “Jesus is the Son of the Holy Spirit”?

WJ

Hi WJ,

Keep asking questions, that's how you learn!

What does the combination of Eph.4:6 combined with Matt.1:18, Matt.1:20 and Luke 1:35 say to you?
    Matt.1:18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused
    to Joseph, before they came (consummated) together, she was found with child of the HolySpirit.
    Matt.1:20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto
    him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife:
    for that which is conceived in her is of the HolySpirit. (Son of the HolySpirit = Son of God)
    Luke 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The HolySpirit shall come upon
    thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that
    holy thing(Jesus) which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Jesus Father's business

wist ye not that I(יהשוע המשיח) must be about my Father's business?
    Acts:10:38: How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the HolySpirit and with power(John 3:34):
    who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

Luke 8:10 And he said, Unto you (believers) it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God:
    but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand. (1Cor.2:11)

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 28 2011,17:43)
    Keep asking questions, that's how you learn!

ED

Why should I keep asking you questions when you give me no answers? Can you show me in those scriptures the words “Son of the Holy Spirit” or the words “The Father is the Holy Spirit”?

The scripture you posted does not say that Jesus is the Son of the Holy Spirit or that the Father is the Holy Spirit.

So Bye ED, no need to post it all again.

WJ

Hi All

The scriptures say…

Acts:10:38: How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the HolySpirit and with power.

Marty and Eds version is…

Acts:10:38: How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Father and with power.

Did God anoint Jesus with the Father?  

WJ

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 29 2011,10:34)
    Hi All

The scriptures say…

Acts:10:38: How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the HolySpirit and with power.

WJ

Hi WJ,

Why are you trying to discount these Scriptures?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 29 2011,02:28)

Again, you twisted his words, when Francis actually said…

“What I'm going to do is attempt to prove that my position is a far stronger

I'm sorry Keith, what was it that Francis was going to attempt to do again?   ???   The same thing that he says can't be done outside of math?  :)

Yeah, and I'M the one “twisting” things.  :D

So what do we end up with here, Keith?

1.  Francis says that NOTHING outside of math can be PROVED.

2.  Then he says he will attempt to PROVE something.

3.  Then YOU piped in as if I said something irrational.

4.  Then I piped in and showed you it is YOU who has the misunderstanding here, not ME.

Yeah, THANKS for this thread, Keith.  :)

mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ Jan. 28 2011,14:36)
    Mike said

Okay, that should cover the diversions.  Are you ready to show me how it is ABUNDANTLY CLEAR that Heb 1:8 calls Jesus “God Almighty”?  Or do we have yet more lawyer haggling to do before we can actually debate?

Note his whole post doesnt even refute francis logic.
    I think Mike only cherry picks through peoples post.

And your post makes no sense, Dennison.  What “logic” didn't I refute?  ???

You know, I mistakenly thought that Keith started this thread so the rest of you could show support of SCRIPTURAL POINTS that Francis or I made.

No one is using it for that.  Instead, it's more of a “Let's all insult Mike without ever refuting his logic” thread.  Sad, really.  Because I've said all kinds of things, like the TWOT info on “elohim”, for instance.  Yet I see no one posting about how “el” did NOT simply mean “fear” or “mighty” or “strong”.

I've posted the NWT's translation of Psalm 45:6 and Hebrews 1:8, along with SUPPORT from trinitarian scholars how it could just as truthfully be tranlsated that way.  Yet, nothing from the peanut gallery.

I haven't seen anyone SCRIPTURALLY supporting Francis' assertion that Micah 5:4 only referred to Jesus ruling in the power of his God………..WHILE HE WAS ON EARTH.

Hey, all of you guys do me a small favor.  Go look at yourself in a mirror and repeat these words:

1.  Scripture says Jesus is the SON OF GOD.

2.  I believe Jesus is GOD THE SON.

Say it over and over to yourself……….see if something clicks inside your head or a light turns on in your mind or something.  :)

Slam me all you want boys.  There is no way anyone ever can show any scriptural evidence that makes it ABUNDANTLY CLEAR that Jesus is God Almighty.  And if Francis stops whining and starts debating, you'll soon be witnesses to this fact.  :)

peace and love to all of you,
    mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Kangaroo Jack Jr. @ Jan. 28 2011,19:39)

Mike said

Okay, that should cover the diversions.  Are you ready to show me how it is ABUNDANTLY CLEAR that Heb 1:8 calls Jesus “God Almighty”?  Or do we have yet more lawyer haggling to do before we can actually debate?

Bingo!

Major premise: Only God Almighty is the creator
    Minor premmise: Jesus is the creator
    Conclusion: Therefore, Jesus is God Almighty

Roo Jr.

Jesus is never said to have created anything, Jack. And even if he DID create something, that fact would never make it ABUNDANTLY CLEAR that he was God Almighty, would it?

After all, only God can raise the dead, yet Samuel, Elijah, Elisha and Jesus and others did it too. Maybe they're ALL God Almighty, huh? ???

Major premise: Jack is a trinitarian.
    Minor premise: Keith is a trinitarian.
    Conclusion: Jack IS Keith. :D

mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Kangaroo Jack Jr. @ Jan. 29 2011,04:01)
    Keith said:

don't know Mike, maybe you don't even realize you do this kind of stuff all the time, and that is why Francis has had to “untwist” much of what you say because often you misrepresent the words and meaning of the one you are debating.

How could Mike not realize what he does?

Roo

I know EXACTLY what I'm doing.  And I can already see the end result of my choice of words and points.  Don't worry, I'm on top of it.  :)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (942767 @ Jan. 29 2011,05:13)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 29 2011,05:07)

Quote (942767 @ Jan. 28 2011,12:20)
    I said that the Holy Spirit if God's person, “He” but not a “Third Person”.

Marty

If the “He” is Gods person then the “He” is the Father. Right?

If not who is “He”?

So once again…

Is the Holy Spirit the Father of Jesus?

Is Jesus the Son of the Holy Spirit?

A simple Yes or No should be your answer.

WJ

Hi WJ:

The answer is yes, the Holy Spirit is the Father of Jesus.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi Marty,

I believe you have misspoken. God is the Father of Jesus. And God caused Mary to become pregnant BY MEANS OF His Holy Spirit.

mike

Keith said:

You anti Jesus is God folks always say that Jesus can't be  God if he is of God, don't you?

Keith,

The anti-Jesus folks have hollow heads. Truth goes in one ear and out the other. Jesus is the Son OF Man. Does the fact that Jesus is OF man mean that He is not man?

Jack

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 29 2011,05:11)

Mike said

And your post makes no sense, Dennison.  What “logic” didn't I refute?  ???

You know, I mistakenly thought that Keith started this thread so the rest of you could show support of SCRIPTURAL POINTS that Francis or I made.

No one is using it for that.  Instead, it's more of a “Let's all insult Mike without ever refuting his logic” thread.  Sad, really.  Because I've said all kinds of things, like the TWOT info on “elohim”, for instance.  Yet I see no one posting about how “el” did NOT simply mean “fear” or “mighty” or “strong”.

I've posted the NWT's translation of Psalm 45:6 and Hebrews 1:8, along with SUPPORT from trinitarian scholars how it could just as truthfully be tranlsated that way.  Yet, nothing from the peanut gallery.

I haven't seen anyone SCRIPTURALLY supporting Francis' assertion that Micah 5:4 only referred to Jesus ruling in the power of his God………..WHILE HE WAS ON EARTH.

Hey, all of you guys do me a small favor.  Go look at yourself in a mirror and repeat these words:

1.  Scripture says Jesus is the SON OF GOD.

2.  I believe Jesus is GOD THE SON.

Say it over and over to yourself……….see if something clicks inside your head or a light turns on in your mind or something.  :)

Slam me all you want boys.  There is no way anyone ever can show any scriptural evidence that makes it ABUNDANTLY CLEAR that Jesus is God Almighty.  And if Francis stops whining and starts debating, you'll soon be witnesses to this fact.  :)

peace and love to all of you,
    mike

lol Mike,
    Of course it makes sense, beacuse your whole pose ignores most of what Francis says. You only cherry picked and made many implications that have nothing to do with his logic or the arguements he presented.

Dude u havent proven anything! lol this is more of your lala land experience where you say things that you HAVENT done.

dude we all have debate you in one form or another, and your bring up this ilogical arguements that
    1. thats twists our actual post,
    2. shy away from your errors,
    3. “starting over” again and again and again.

You know what if you are really honest, why dont you take the TIME and actually respond to EVERY POINT that Francis makes.

Here is the problem, you read it and only respond to parts of his post and ignore the rest.
    I bet you if you were to RESPOND to every single point, you would not be able to escape.
    but of course you dont because your afraid.

im sure you look in the Mirror in confusion
    telling your self
    1. Mike is always right
    2. I always prove my points

over and over again.
    No wonderrrrrrrrrr………….
    dude we have SHOWED you evidence the only thing is that you DONT WANT TO ACCEPT IT, is your problem, not ours.

You have no proof, nor support for your theology.

seriously Francis is alot more mature than you, not because of intellect, but because of humility.
    WE know that you dont want to admit your faults, but you should for your OWN good, not ours.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

And again, the kid spouts a bunch of unsubstantiated stuff about me PERSONALLY without addressing ANY of the points I AGAIN pointed out to him.  :D

Dennison, your opinion of me is of no consequence to me.  If you have SCRIPTURAL reasons why what I claim is wrong, then bring THEM on.  But the reason I've stopped responding to the little debate WE were having in this thread is because you can't DIRECTLY answer the simple question, “Does God Almighty have a God?”  And I have no time to chase your imagination here and there if you refuse to admit the OBVIOUS points I bring up.

The same goes with Francis.  I could ask him if he has two legs, and instead of a “YES”, I will get 4000 words about everything in the world.  I have neither the time nor the patience for that.  If Francis wants to post a million words, then I will skim them and respond ONLY to what is RELEVANT to our “Micah 5:4/Rev 3:12/Heb 1:8/Psalm 45:6” discussion right now.

And if he feels I've neglected to answer what he thinks is an important point, then he can bring that point back up into my attention by bolding it or simply asking me to address it.  

But for all the millions of words he's posted so far, the only things that are relevant to our debate are these:

1.  Being called “elohim” does not make you God Almighty.
    2.  The “Your throne O God” translation of 1:8 and 45:6 is only a POSSIBLE translation.
    3.  Micah DOES list Jesus as someone OTHER THAN and LESSOR TO his God without listing any time limits for this inferiority.
    4.  Many TRINITARIAN scholars seem to agree that 45:6 wasn't about “God Almighty”, so having that statement applied to Jesus later would not make it ABUNDANTLY CLEAR that it all of a sudden BECAME about “God Almighty”.
    5.  God Almighty does NOT have a “God”, so the fact that 1:9 mentions the God OF this first god does make it ABUNDANTLY CLEAR to any logical person that the first god cannot possibly BE the “God Almighty” who is HIS God.

D, I have made an ongoing thread where people contribute “Jesus is NOT God” scriptures.  There are many of them there.  What if I just copied and pasted them all to you right now and expected you to answer each one of them in one post?  Your post would take you hours of research and time to answer.  I would not put that kind of demands on you, and Francis should not put them on me.

I can't help it if he must use 100 words to say what anyone else can say in 2 words.  I will not answer them all.  And to be honest, I rarely read them all.  I skim them for points that are relevant to the discussion at hand.  And if that gives me the advantage of “cherry picking”, then so be it.  I've point blank told Keith months ago that if he wants to post miles of stuff in one post, then I will pick the ONE that I WANT to address.  And if you, Francis or Keith don't like that, then post only ONE point and I will surely address that ONE point.

Now, which of Francis' points SPECIFICALLY did I not addresss that have you concerned?  Post ONE of them here, and I will address it or show you where I already DID address it.  If you're not willing to do that, then pipe down about it.

mike

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 28 2011,18:56)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 29 2011,02:28)

Again, you twisted his words, when Francis actually said…

“What I'm going to do is attempt to prove that my position is a far stronger

I'm sorry Keith, what was it that Francis was going to attempt to do again?   ???   The same thing that he says can't be done outside of math?  :)

Yeah, and I'M the one “twisting” things.  :D

So what do we end up with here, Keith?

1.  Francis says that NOTHING outside of math can be PROVED.

2.  Then he says he will attempt to PROVE something.

3.  Then YOU piped in as if I said something irrational.

4.  Then I piped in and showed you it is YOU who has the misunderstanding here, not ME.

Yeah, THANKS for this thread, Keith.  :)

mike

Mike

The fact is you misquoted him. To “Attempt” to prove does not mean you “will prove” does it?

The fact is to say “nothing can be proven” is not the same thing as saying “no one can absolutely and irrefutably prove anything outside of math”.

What makes this all even worse is that you will actually defend your position rather than admit that you misrpresented him.

Once again your misquotes is a tactic that you use all the time, but maybe you do not realize it, who knows.

WJ

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 28 2011,18:43)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 29 2011,10:34)
    Hi All

The scriptures say…

WJ

Hi WJ,

Why are you trying to discount these Scriptures?

Ed

Once again the words “Son of the Holy Spirit' are not in those verses, neither are the words “The Father is the Holy Spirit”.

Who is the “One Lord” in the verse? If it is Jesus which it is then Jesus could also be the “One Spirit” because as you show it is both the Father and Jesus that makes their abode with us by One Spirit. Jesus is not the Son of himself is he?

WJ

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 30 2011,04:10)
    Mike

The fact is you misquoted him. To “Attempt” to prove does not mean you “will prove” does it?

Hi Keith,

And once again YOU are the one who is lost here.  How can one ATTEMPT to do something that he already KNOWS is impossible?

Btw, I purposely DIDN'T use quotation marks because I wanted it to be clear to all that it was a paraphrase and NOT an actual QUOTE of what he said.

mike

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 28 2011,19:11)
    No one is using it for that.  Instead, it's more of a “Let's all insult Mike without ever refuting his logic” thread.

Mike

Wha Wha, do you need some tissues for those tears?

No one is using it for personal insults but to merely point out your errors and misrepresentations.

WJ

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 29 2011,12:25)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 30 2011,04:10)
    Mike

Hi Keith,

And once again YOU are the one who is lost here.  How can one ATTEMPT to do something that he already KNOWS is impossible?

Btw, I purposely DIDN'T use quotation marks because I wanted it to be clear to all that it was a paraphrase and NOT an actual QUOTE of what he said.  

mike

Mike

No Mike, he made it clear that he could present a better case than you not that he could prove to you that Jesus is God no more than he could prove to an Atheist that God exist.

So leaving out quotation Marks is a license to misrepresent someones words?

WJ

Viewing 20 posts - 1,321 through 1,340 (of 1,827 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account