Mikeboll64 vs francis

Viewing 20 posts - 1,261 through 1,280 (of 1,827 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 26 2011,06:26)

Quote (942767 @ Jan. 25 2011,14:19)
    God dwells within me by His Spirit.  How does He dwell within you?

Marty

Does God who is a Spirit need an “it” to dwell in you? Is the God in you a person?

WJ

Hi WJ:

I have never referred to the Holy Spirit as “it”. What I did say is that the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God my Father.

Yes, Jesus states in John 4 that God is a Spirit, and in 1 John 4 the scripture states that God is love.

And so, in John 14 Jesus states: “He who has seen me has seen the Father” because he said that it was the Father doing the works through him. It was the Holy Ghost dwelling within him, and Hebrews 1 states that Jesus is the “express image of God's person”. We have seen God's character manifest through the life of Jesus. And so, the Holy Spirit is God's person, but no, not a “Third Person” of some “Tri-une God. He has a mind, a will, and emotions which are manifest through His Spirit that is what is being shown in 1 Co. 2:7-13.

And so, let me just ask you straight up: Do you say that the Holy Spirit is a “Third Person” of a Tri-une God or not?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 26 2011,02:31)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 24 2011,18:13)
    Or maybe you could show me any occasion in the history of mankind where a representation OF something or someone actually WAS that something or someone?

Hi Mike

Once again, that is the problem isn't it Mike. You don't have any example where someone can be the “exact representation” of someone else. Every humans DNA is different yet so close. But Paul says Jesus is the “Exact representation “of an infinite God.

You don't get it Mike. The language that Jesus is the “exact representation” of the infinite God could only mean that he is God.

The fact that Paul also says Jesus is “in very nature God” and that he is the “image of the invisible God” or “the visible image of God” who is infinite is proof that Jesus is in every way God like the Father.

WJ

Hi Keith,

Thank you for your response.  I DO “get” what you're saying.  Now, try to “get” what I'M saying.

For someone to the in the form or nature OF someone else, they can't very well BE that “someone else”, can they?

For someone to be a rep OF God, then he can't very well BE God.

Same with IMAGE and whatever other COMPARISON you want to bring up.  Because the bottom line is that they ARE comparisons.  And what do COMPARISONS do, Keith?  The COMPARE ONE THING WITH ANOTHER, DIFFERENT THING.

Keith, any set of identical twins share the same image, nature and form.  But they are called TWINS because there are TWO of them, not ONE.  :)

Now do you understand MY point?  And can you show me any example in the history of the world where a representation OF something actually WAS the “something” it was a representation OF?

Please don't go on explaining how God and Jesus are so similar that Jesus MUST be God.  Because I know that Jesus is very similar to HIS GOD.  Just DIRECTLY answer the bolded question above with a YES or a NO.

peace and love,
    mike

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 26 2011,06:23)
    Marty

Is the Holy Spirit the Father of Jesus?     Of course not

WJ

Hi WJ,

Why do you go against what Scripture clearly teaches
    and instead cling to what the systems of religion teach?
    The systems of religion and traditions of men communicate…
    distortions of truth, confusion of mind, and distractions of spirit

Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 26 2011,20:01)

Marty

WJ

Hi WJ,

Prove that WJ goes against scripture!

KJ

KangarooJack
    Participant

WJ said to KJ

Jack

Why can't Trinitarians win? It is scripture isn't it?

If all authority and power and all the fullness of deity resides in the name Jesus then they were fulfilling the great commission. Everything was done in the name of Jesus. The name Jesus the name above all names, fully represented the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

Hebrew names defined attributes and character didn't they?

Blessings WJ

Keith,

But the fact still remains that the disciples baptized in the name of or authority of Jesus alone. The mandate of the “great commission” was to baptize unto the tri-une name. I have provided commentary from Barnes who was a trinitarian and he says that the expression” in the name of” does not mean “in the authority of” in Matthew 28:19.

Will you not even consider what a renowned trinitarian said? Seeing that not all trinitarians agree you have an uphill battle with Marty on that particular front. Your statment, “you lose when you claim the scriptures are corrupt” is your bombshell argument.

The mandate was to baptize (make disciples) unto the tri-une name. Thus Marty is a disobedient servant because he does NOT baptize (make disciples) of men unto the tri-une name.

Jack

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Kangaroo Jack @ Jan. 27 2011,01:46)

Marty

WJ

Hi WJ,

KJ

HI Jack,

What does the combination of Eph.4:6 combined with Matt.1:18, Matt.1:20 and Luke 1:35 say to you?
    Matt.1:18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused
    to Joseph, before they came (consummated) together, she was found with child of the HolySpirit.
    Matt.1:20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto
    him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife:
    for that which is conceived in her is of the HolySpirit. (Son of the HolySpirit = Son of God)
    Luke 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The HolySpirit shall come upon
    thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that
    holy thing(Jesus) which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

God bless

Francis said to Mike:

To be honest, to me, your attitude is not an example of being intellectually honest… or even a good example of using the brain that God gave you.

Thank you! Now you know why we don't want to continue with Mike.

KJ

Francis said to Mike:

So no… we can't go any further until we deal with the issue of what elohim means. I'm not going to debate (because there is no debate in such a situation) with someone who doesn't care what the evidence is… and who is arguing a side that he doesn't personally believe in to begin with.  This is not a college debate we are doing for our teacher or for a grade.  This is about real life.  About real beliefs.  About being intellectually honest.  About being open to the truth.

Francis,

At the very beginning Mike challenged me to a debate and he said that he wanted truth.

It is frustrating to me when I ask a question to TT [now KJ] or WJ, and by the time I get back online there are many new pages in that topic and everyone's thoughts get blended together.  That has the undesired effect of giving TT and WJ the option to only answer the questions they choose.  All I want is truth.

Bracket's KJ's

https://heavennet.net/cgi-bin….;t=3112

It didn't take you long as it did not take me long to figure out that Mike is not interested in truth at all. HE JUST WWANTS TO ARGUE AND HE JUST WANTS THE LAST WORD! Look how many debates he gets involved in. He just wants to argue!

KJ

The conflict between Mikeboll and Kangaroo Jack Jr. goes back to when they were very young.

Roo Jr.

Quote (942767 @ Jan. 25 2011,20:46)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 26 2011,06:26)

Quote (942767 @ Jan. 25 2011,14:19)
    God dwells within me by His Spirit.  How does He dwell within you?

Marty

Does God who is a Spirit need an “it” to dwell in you? Is the God in you a person?

WJ

Hi WJ:

I have never referred to the Holy Spirit as “it”.  What I did say is that the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God my Father.

Marty

So when you pray do you pray to the Holy Spirit? If the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God your Father and not an “it”, then he must be the Father, right?

So what is wrong with praying to the Holy Spirit then?

It is all foolishness for you to believe that the Holy Spirit is the Father because what is the purpose in calling him the Holy Spirit?

Why the confusion of “my Father will send the Comforter” when Jesus could have merely said “My Father is coming as the Comforter?

Why are there so many scriptures that speak of the Holy Spirit as distinct from the Father? Why not for example say “we have all been made to drink of the Father”, or say the “fruit of the Father” or say “the gifts of the Father” or instead of “God has not given us a Spirit of fear but of Love”, why didn't he say “we have received the Father of Love”?

No Marty Jesus spoke of the Father and the Spirit.

Yes, Jesus states in John 4 that God is a Spirit, and in 1 John 4 the scripture states that God is love.

Yes but it doesn't say the Father is “the Holy Spirit”. Did Jesus ever say the Holy Spirit is the Father?

And so, in John 14 Jesus states: “He who has seen me has seen the Father” because he said that it was the Father doing the works through him.  It was the Holy Ghost dwelling within him, and Hebrews 1 states that Jesus is the “express image of God's person”.

But why not just say that the Father is in him, why use the term the Holy Spirit? When the scriptures say Jesus had the Spirit without measure why didn't John say he had the Father without measure if they are the same person?

We have seen God's character manifest through the life of Jesus.  And so, the Holy Spirit is God's person, but no, not a “Third Person” of some “Tri-une God.

Good, so if the Holy Spirit is “Gods person” then he is the Father, right? If so then why not pray to the Holy Spirit? By the way, is the Father interceding to himself? This is one of the verses you provided as proof for your assumption but then didn't answer to…

Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: “but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us” with groanings which cannot be uttered.. Rom 8:26

Does the Father intercede to himself? Does the Father search the deep things of himself?

He has a mind, a will, and emotions which are manifest through His Spirit that is what is being shown in 1 Co. 2:7-13.

So the “He” is the Father right? So do you worship the “He” (Holy Spirit) that you say is the Father who has a mind, a will and emotions?

And so, let me just ask you straight up:  Do you say that the Holy Spirit is a “Third Person” of a Tri-une God or not?

Absolutely, for there is no other way to explain the conundrum that you have created for yourself.

Do you pray and worship the Holy Spirit since you say the “He” who has a mind and will and emotions, is the Father?  ??? If “He” is not the Father then who is “He”?

WJ

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Kangaroo Jack Jr. @ Jan. 27 2011,06:38)
    It didn't take you long as it did not take me long to figure out that Mike is not interested in truth at all. HE JUST WWANTS TO ARGUE AND HE JUST WANTS THE LAST WORD! Look how many debates he gets involved in. He just wants to argue!

Hi Jack,

But I DO want truth.  You and I have together discovered the TRUTH that the plural word “elohim” was the Hebrew's way of capping the “G” in “God”, and in no way indicated a “plurality of persons within a Godhead”.

We together have learned the TRUTH about “pasa ktisis”.

We together have learned the TRUTH about Titus 2:13 and John 1:1………….and many other things – haven't we?  :)

Most recently, we together have learned the TRUTH about Isaiah 43:10, right?  We know that if God was saying no other elohim would exist at all, then He would have been lying, because even HE acknowledged the existence of other elohim in scripture.  Some of them were even His own vice regents.  And from that knowledge, we've both come to understand that the only plausible understanding of 43:10 that actually fits in with the words is the one that NETNotes gives, right?  :)

And Keith and I have been learning the TRUTH about COMPARISONS together.  We have been learning how being compared TO someone prohibits you from BEING that someone.

And now, even Francis and I have together learned some TRUTH.  We have both learned that no matter how badly someone WANTS Hebrews 1:8 to be saying that Jesus is God Almighty, there is no PROOF that it actually says that.  In fact, there's no PROOF that the text even says, “Your throne, O God”.  It is entirely possible the text says, “God is your throne”, just as the NWT translates it, as confirmed by the CEV and the NEB.  :)

Ah…………one more trinitarian “proof text” down the drain.  Which one will be next to the chopping block?  :)

By the way, I loved your newest video!  :D  But once again, you've shown how I can just be minding my own business, and – WHAM! – out of the blue, here you come to bother me.  :)

peace and love,
    mike

Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 27 2011,01:59)

Quote (Kangaroo Jack @ Jan. 27 2011,01:46)

Marty

WJ

Hi WJ,

KJ

HI Jack,

What does the combination of Eph.4:6 combined with Matt.1:18, Matt.1:20 and Luke 1:35 say to you?
    Matt.1:18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused
    to Joseph, before they came (consummated) together, she was found with child of the HolySpirit.
    Matt.1:20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto
    him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife:
    for that which is conceived in her is of the HolySpirit. (Son of the HolySpirit = Son of God)
    Luke 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The HolySpirit shall come upon
    thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that
    holy thing(Jesus) which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

God bless

Hi WJ:

Did you read this post by Ed J to Jack?

Then please tell me if the Holy Ghost is a “Third Person” of a Tri-une God.

After I hear from you, I will answer your questions.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Participant

Quote (Kangaroo Jack Jr. @ Jan. 25 2011,07:38)
    Marty wrote:

Were the Apostles then disobedient to Jesus command to baptize in Tri-formula?  The only baptized in the name of Jesus.

Marty,

Prove that Jesus commanded the disciples to baptize with water in Matthew 28:19.

People erroneously think water every time they see the word “baptize.” If Jesus was not commanding them to baptize with water, then your argument fails. The disciples were never commanded by Jesus to baptize with water. They were just continuing the Mosaic ordinance in Jesus' name.

KJ

Hi Jack:

Let's start with this.

What is the meaning of the word “baptize”?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Quote (942767 @ Jan. 27 2011,10:40)

Hi WJ:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Yes I did read it. But ED believes the Holy Spirit is the Father of Jesus. Do you believe that?

Is there a scripture that says the Holy Spirit is the Father of Jesus or Jesus is the Son of the Holy Spirit?

It is my belief that the Holy Spirit took part in the conception of Mary just as he did in the creation of the Heavens and the Earth. The Body of Jesus was created or formed but the process was not the same as human conception as with a mans sperm. You have to prove that “concieved” means the Holy Spirit provided “Sperm” for the conception.

And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God. Luke 1:35

This scripture shows both the Father and the Holy Spirit taking part in Jesus incarnation.

Why does it say “the Holy Ghost shall come upon thee” and then say “the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee”?

If Luke was meaning the Holy Spirit was the Father of Jesus he would have said “that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of the Holy Ghost” since he had already mentioned the Holy Ghost coming upon her.

But instead it says “that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.”.

Again, why does he mention the Holy Spirit at all if the Holy Spirit is the Father then he would have said…

And the angel answered and said unto her, The “Father” (or God) shall come upon thee, and the power of the “Father” (or God) shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God. Luke 1:35

Please explain.

Is Jesus the Son of the Holy Spirit?

If so where is the scripture/s?

WJ

Quote (942767 @ Jan. 28 2011,02:44)

Marty wrote:

Were the Apostles then disobedient to Jesus command to baptize in Tri-formula?  The only baptized in the name of Jesus.

Marty,

Prove that Jesus commanded the disciples to baptize with water in Matthew 28:19.

People erroneously think water every time they see the word “baptize.” If Jesus was not commanding them to baptize with water, then your argument fails. The disciples were never commanded by Jesus to baptize with water. They were just continuing the Mosaic ordinance in Jesus' name.

KJ

Hi Jack:

Let's start with this.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

True baptism is that which “thoroughly changes the character, state, or condition of any object, is capable of baptizing that object; and by such change of character, state, or condition does, in fact, baptize it” (Classic Baptism, James Dale, pp. 352-354)

This is not to be confused with the outward ritual which cannot change the character of an individual.

Jesus commanded the disciples to baptize all nations in the classical or true sense of the term, that is, to make them followers of the tri-une name. Jesus NEVER commanded His disciples to baptize with water. It was Moses ordered the external regulation. Jesus Himself obeyed it and the disciples were just performing it in Jesus' name.

The external regulation was abolished when Jerusalem was destroyed in ad70. The only baptism which remains today is that which Jesus commanded which is that which converts the man.

Have you ever seen the TV program called “Extreme makeover Home Edition”? Ty Penninton and his crews select a worthy family each week and renovates their house for them. The renovation of the house is the 'baptism' of that house in the classical sense of the term. Sprinkling or immersing the house in water wouldn't benefit the house or the family.

You legalists can't seem to grasp that the external regulation was only the SIGN of the reality and that Jesus commanded His disciples to perform the reality in the tri-une name which they did.

They carried over the Mosaic regulation along with Jesus' command to perform the real baptism because the external regulation had not yet been abolished. It has been abolished since.

Jack

Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 28 2011,03:24)

Hi WJ:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Yes I did read it. But ED believes the Holy Spirit is the Father of Jesus. Do you believe that?

Is there a scripture that says the Holy Spirit is the Father of Jesus or Jesus is the Son of the Holy Spirit?

It is my belief that the Holy Spirit took place in the conception of Mary just as he did in the creation of the Heavens and the Earth. The Body of Jesus was created or formed but the process was not the same as human conception as with a mans sperm. You have to prove that “concieved” means the Holy Spirit provided “Sperm” for the conception.

And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God. Luke 1:35

This scripture shows both the Father and the Holy Spirit taking part in Jesus incarnation.

Why does it say “the Holy Ghost shall come upon thee” and then say “the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee”?

If Luke was meaning the Holy Spirit was the Father of Jesus he would have said “that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of the Holy Ghost” since he had already mentioned the Holy Ghost coming upon her.

But instead it says “that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.”.

Again, why does he mention the Holy Spirit at all if the Holy Spirit is the Father then he would have said…

And the angel answered and said unto her, The “Father” (or God) shall come upon thee, and the power of the “Father” (or God) shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God. Luke 1:35

Please explain.

WJ

Hi WJ:

The Holy Spirit is God's Spirit. I don't understand why you can not understand this. In 1 Co. 2:7-13, the Apostle Paul makes a comparison God's Spirit knowing the thoughts of God to your spirit knowing your thoughts. Is your spirit a third person separate from you?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Participant

Quote (Kangaroo Jack Jr. @ Jan. 28 2011,03:29)

Quote (942767 @ Jan. 28 2011,02:44)

Marty wrote:

Marty,

KJ

Hi Jack:

Let's start with this.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

True baptism is that which “thoroughly changes the character, state, or condition of any object, is capable of baptizing that object; and by such change of character, state, or condition does, in fact, baptize it” (Classic Baptism, James Dale, pp. 352-354)

This is not to be confused with the outward ritual which cannot change the character of an individual.

Jesus commanded the disciples to baptize all nations in the classical or true sense of the term, that is, to make them followers of the tri-une name. Jesus NEVER commanded His disciples to baptize with water. It was Moses ordered the external regulation. Jesus Himself obeyed it and the disciples were just performing it in Jesus' name.

The external regulation was abolished when Jerusalem was destroyed in ad70. The only baptism which remains today is that which Jesus commanded which is that which converts the man.

Have you ever seen the TV program called “Extreme makeover Home Edition”? Ty Penninton and his crews select a worthy family each week and renovates their house for them. The renovation of the house is the 'baptism' of that house in the classical sense of the term. Sprinkling or immersing the house in water wouldn't benefit the house or the family.

You legalists can't seem to grasp that the external regulation was only the SIGN of the reality and that Jesus commanded His disciples to perform the reality in the tri-une name which they did.

They carried over the Mosaic regulation along with Jesus' command to perform the real baptism because the external regulation had not yet been abolished. It has been abolished since.

Jack

No Jack, this is a diversion. What does the word “baptize” mean?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Quote (942767 @ Jan. 27 2011,11:37)

Hi WJ:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

It is my belief that the Holy Spirit took place in the conception of Mary just as he did in the creation of the Heavens and the Earth. The Body of Jesus was created or formed but the process was not the same as human conception as with a mans sperm. You have to prove that “concieved” means the Holy Spirit provided “Sperm” for the conception.

Please explain.

WJ

Hi WJ:

The Holy Spirit is God's Spirit. I don't understand why you can not understand this.  In 1 Co. 2:7-13, the Apostle Paul makes a comparison God's Spirit knowing the thoughts of God to your spirit knowing your thoughts.  Is your spirit a third person separate from you?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Yoiu didn't answer the question?

Is the Holy Spirit the Father of Jesus?

WJ

Marty said;

No Jack, this is a diversion.  What does the word “baptize” mean?

Read the post again sir and assimilate it.

Keith said;

Marty

Keith,

Marty won't answer me either. Mike's tactics are rubbing off.

Jack

Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 28 2011,03:42)

Quote (942767 @ Jan. 27 2011,11:37)

Hi WJ:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Please explain.

WJ

Hi WJ:

The Holy Spirit is God's Spirit. I don't understand why you can not understand this.  In 1 Co. 2:7-13, the Apostle Paul makes a comparison God's Spirit knowing the thoughts of God to your spirit knowing your thoughts.  Is your spirit a third person separate from you?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

WJ

Hi WJ:

God is the Father of Jesus by His Spirit, and he is also my Father by that same Spirit, and yours if you have received the baptism of the Holy Spirit.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Viewing 20 posts - 1,261 through 1,280 (of 1,827 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account