Mikeboll64 vs francis

Viewing 20 posts - 561 through 580 (of 1,827 total)
  • Author

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 08 2011,15:05)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 09 2011,06:56)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 08 2011,14:51)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 09 2011,06:38)
    Mike

I have answered this a thousand times.

If the term One God does not include Jesus, then the term “One Lord” does not include the Father.

“INCLUDE JESUS”?  ???  How in the world could Paul saying our one God is THE FATHER “include Jesus”?  Especially when, as you so largely point out, Jesus is listed in the same exact sentence as someone OTHER THAN the Father, who is our ONE God?

mike

Hi Mike

The same way One Lord includes the Father!

AND WHO DOES PAUL SAY THAT “ONE” LORD IS?!?!

SO IS THE FATHER LORD OR NOT?

You do get this don't you?

WJ

Keith, that “one Lord” does NOT “include” the Father.  What makes you think it does?  ???

mike

So the Father is not Lord then?

WJ

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 08 2011,15:06)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 09 2011,06:59)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 08 2011,14:53)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 09 2011,06:42)
    Hi Mike

And thats where you lose the debate when you say there are other gods when the scriptures says there is “Only One True God”!

And that's where YOU lose the debate when scriptures say it is the Father who is our only true God, and you try to say that others are that only true God.

mike

No Mike

I say there is “Only One True God” and you say there are other true gods.

WJ

No Keith,

I say that “one true God” is the Father, and you say it is the Father AND the Son.

mike

Mike

And so does John and so does Thomas and so does Paul, Peter and most early Forefathers and the majority of orthodox Christianity.

Face it Mike. You can't dubunk the scriptural concept of the Trinity. Men have sought to do that for centuries yet it rules supreme in the Theology of most believers and including most credible scholars.

WJ

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 09 2011,06:38)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 08 2011,14:27)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 09 2011,06:14)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 08 2011,14:11)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 09 2011,05:58)
    Paul said there is “No God but one”. Therefore satan is a false god and a false ruler.

AND WHO DOES PAUL SAY THAT “ONE” GOD IS?!?!

WJ

Are you refusing to answer my simple question, Keith?

mike

Mike

I have answered this a thousand times.

If the term One God does not include Jesus, then the term “One Lord” does not include the Father.

SO IS THE FATHER LORD OR NOT?

WJj

Keith,

It's so simple and yet Mike won't see it. BTW, I have been doing research on the Hebrew word for “only” and have discovered that this too in Hebrew thought had reference to plurality. There is a Hebrew word for “only” which literally means “only-unified.”

This means that we may be able to transfer this idea into the Greek word for “only.”

“You are the only-unified true God” (John 17:3).

“Our only-unified Sovereign and Lord Jesus Christ.”

Though the Greek word for “only” does not literally mean “only-unified” the thought underlying it would be Hebrew. This would allow for the word “only” in John 17:3 in reference to the Father and in Jude 4 in reference to Jesus to include another person.

“The only-unified true God” and “Our only-unified Sovereign and Lord Jesus Christ.”

I am still only in the research stages of this. It is possible our English translations should translate the Greek word “only” in reference to God according to the Hebrew thought which was “only-unified.”

Jack

princess
    Participant

wj & kj, i have one question for you

was jesus judged by god?

who judges god?

Quote (princess @ Jan. 08 2011,17:08)

was jesus judged by god?

who judges god?

Princess

No, why do you have a scripture that says Jesus was judged?

How can perfect sinlessness be judged?

Blessings Keith

princess
    Participant

to be found sinless, means one was judged.

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Jan. 08 2011,17:31)

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ Jan. 08 2011,21:07)
    Mike Said:

CONCLUSION
    “God” is merely a title meaning “ruler”.  Yes, Jesus has been called by that title.  But so have been Satan, angels and men.  So we know from those scriptural truths that being called by the title “god” does not make one the “God of all gods”, or “God Almighty”.  And that includes Jesus.

Dude you just lost your whole debate.
    Might as well throw in the Towel
    I honestly did not think you were going to use that point in a debate with Francis, but like i said before you dug a grave for your theology.
    It Is Done.

SF

how do we know that what you posted comes from Mike ??

and one more thing ,there is only two kind of gods,

the first is a stand alone the true God,all the others are so called gods either angels or men ,  they are also called gods

why because they think that they are gods and try to selling it to us ,and many believe that they are gods,

but the people with spiritual understanding know that there is only one true God and that is Christ father.

and even Jesus say to the Jews that it is written you are all gods;this is true but in what sense is it true ??

and why has God say this??

and what would it accomplish if it was executed??

were the gentiles in the days of this written word would have been included as gods??

well this is what knowledge is all about is it ??

Pierre

Terrarica,

Check the debate thread of “Mike vs Francis” duhhhh
    Thats what the THREAD is about DUHHH

and one more thing ,there is only two kind of gods,

LOL, with that statment you just lost your debate.
    NOW THERE IS KINDS OF GODS??????????? REALLY?

I already made a thread about psalms 82 that talks about what Jesus quoted. THEY WERE NOT GODS, THE JEWS WERE NOT GODS BECAUSE THEY DIED LIKE MEN ACCCORDING TO PSALMS 82

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 08 2011,19:28)

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ Jan. 08 2011,14:07)
    Mike Said:

CONCLUSION
    “God” is merely a title meaning “ruler”.  Yes, Jesus has been called by that title.  But so have been Satan, angels and men.  So we know from those scriptural truths that being called by the title “god” does not make one the “God of all gods”, or “God Almighty”.  And that includes Jesus.

Dude you just lost your whole debate.
    Might as well throw in the Towel
    I honestly did not think you were going to use that point in a debate with Francis, but like i said before you dug a grave for your theology.
    It Is Done.

What does that even mean, D?  ???  Have I posted something that is scripturally untrue?  ???

Yes unscripturally true

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (Baker @ Jan. 08 2011,21:40)
    SF and KJ You are both getting very personal.  It doesn't fit a Christian….get with the question, I am waiting too…..Irene

You shouldnt talk Irene.

You always get personal.

and how am i getting personal?

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 08 2011,19:27)

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ Jan. 07 2011,16:21)

So its perfectly scriptural unless you want to deny other scriptures that Claim Jesus is God.

Ah, and this is what the debate with Francis will address.  While certain misguided ones WANT certain scriptures to say “Jesus is God Almighty”, there aren't really any scriptures that say that.

Scripturally speaking, does being given the title of “god” make that one “God Almighty”?  No, as many scriptures prove.

Scripturally speaking, is THE FATHER the ONLY TRUE GOD?  Yes.

End of story.  :)

peace and love,
    mike

Exaclty, Satan is not a god of anything.
    The father is IN Jesus which makes him GOD.

there is no other go except for God.

End of story.
    Thank you come again.

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 09 2011,00:52)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 08 2011,14:49)
    No Keith, it is YOU who has “lost the debate” by insisting “only true God” must be taken literally.

Hi Mike

Oh so the scriptures aren't to be taken litterally?

WJ

Haha :D :D
    Im sorry that was too funny.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ Jan. 09 2011,13:05)

So its perfectly scriptural unless you want to deny other scriptures that Claim Jesus is God.

Ah, and this is what the debate with Francis will address.  While certain misguided ones WANT certain scriptures to say “Jesus is God Almighty”, there aren't really any scriptures that say that.

Scripturally speaking, does being given the title of “god” make that one “God Almighty”?  No, as many scriptures prove.

peace and love,
    mike

End of story.
    Thank you come again.

John 17:26
    I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them.”

Hey D, will the “them” that Jesus speaks of here also be God Almighty at some point?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ Jan. 09 2011,13:08)

No Keith, it is YOU who has “lost the debate” by insisting “only true God” must be taken literally.

Hi Mike

WJ

Haha  :D  :D

What part is “funny” about it?  Keith wants to take “ONLY TRUE GOD” to LITERALLY mean that everyone else who was called by the title of “god” in scripture is a false god.  

Keith's claim makes Jesus a “false god” because Jesus is not the Father who he calls “the only true God”.  Is that the part that's “funny” to you, D?  ???

Face it, according to Keith, either Jesus IS the Father, or Jesus is a “false god”, “imposter”, or “usurper”.  And we all know that the Son is not the Father, and the Father is the “only true God”, so what's left?

Either “only true God” is a way of saying the Father is above all other gods, or Jesus is not a “ruler” at all.  Which one seems more scriptural to you, D?

peace and love,
    mike

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Kangaroo Jack @ Jan. 09 2011,05:13)
    Mike said:

I don't know of a scripture that calls Jesus “the true god”, but I agree that he is.

I John 5:20 says that Jesus Christ is “the true God and eternal life.” He took over everything when He was exalted. He was still a servant when He called His Father the “only true God.” Jesus is the true God now. His Father is our father.

Roo

Hi Jack,

why are you misrepresenting the Bible? This verse talks about God(Jesus' father) being in Jesus, just like John 1:14.

1 John 5:20 οἴδαμεν δὲ ὅτι ὁ υἱὸς τοῦ θεοῦ ἥκει, καὶ δέδωκεν ἡμῖν διάνοιανἵνα γινώσκομεν τὸν ἀληθινόν·
    καὶ ἐσμὲν ἐν τῷ ἀληθινῷ, ἐν τῷ υἱῷ αὐτοῦ Ἰησοῦ Χριστῷ. οὗτός ἐστιν ὁ ἀληθινὸς θεὸς καὶ ζωὴ αἰώνιος.

(Google translator: Greek to English) 1 John 5:20 But we know that the Son of God is come,
    and understanding to mentality us understand our true; and are one He was in true,
    He was in his Son Jesus Christ. this is the true God and eternal life.

1 John 5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come,
    and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and
    we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

Witnessing to a worldwide audience in behalf of YHVH!
    יהוה האלהים (JEHOVAH GOD) YÄ-hä-vā  hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm!
    Ed J (Isaiah 49:16 / Isaiah 60:14 / Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org (Ecl.9:12-16)

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 09 2011,09:51)

Quote (princess @ Jan. 08 2011,17:08)

was jesus judged by god?

who judges god?

Princess

No, why do you have a scripture that says Jesus was judged?

How can perfect sinlessness be judged?

Blessings Keith

Hi Kieth,

2Cor.5:21 For he(YHVH) hath made him(Jesus) to be sin for us,
    who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Francis said:

Maybe to you… but not to me. I explained what I mean when I use the word “God”. Any being or person who is not “God” with a capital “G” is not God…. but instead they are “god” with a little “g”. And I think the scriptures agree with me. That is why Hebrews 1:8 uses God with a capital “G” in reference to Jesus.

To me… God is not a title, but a being. And the moment you try and use the word “God” to mean both a person and a title, then confusion reigns because this violates the law of Identity in logic. That is why I spent a lot of time pointing that out in my previous posts to you.

So… if you are going to use “God” as both a title and a person/being when you are speaking to me… then EVERY TIME you use the word “God”, you have to be logically consistent and QUALIFY the word each time you use it, otherwise I won't have a clue what you are talking about. The Law of Identity is non-negotiable in logic.

Indeed, you have understood this fact already and have pointed out the difference between “God” and “god” by using them in repeatedly in your post to me. But Hebrews 1:8 uses “God” in reference to Jesus… not “god”. And that is my entire point.

Exactly.
    and I also told Mike that David or a king cannot be compared to God.

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 09 2011,21:27)

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ Jan. 09 2011,13:05)

peace and love,
    mike

End of story.
    Thank you come again.

John 17:26
    I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them.”

Hey D, will the “them” that Jesus speaks of here also be God Almighty at some point?

Is that what you believe?
    wow more flaws in your theology I see…

Maybe Reference to 1John 4 will help you?

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 09 2011,21:39)

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ Jan. 09 2011,13:08)

Hi Mike

WJ

Haha  :D  :D

What part is “funny” about it?  Keith wants to take “ONLY TRUE GOD” to LITERALLY mean that everyone else who was called by the title of “god” in scripture is a false god.  

Keith's claim makes Jesus a “false god” because Jesus is not the Father who he calls “the only true God”.  Is that the part that's “funny” to you, D?  ???

Face it, according to Keith, either Jesus IS the Father, or Jesus is a “false god”, “imposter”, or “usurper”.  And we all know that the Son is not the Father, and the Father is the “only true God”, so what's left?

Either “only true God” is a way of saying the Father is above all other gods, or Jesus is not a “ruler” at all.  Which one seems more scriptural to you, D?

peace and love,
    mike

Its FUNNY, that your only arguement left is for you to make such a statement where you VERY WELL KNOW its ridculous point.

Its ture. There is only one God Mike, Satan is not a god, because he is not perfect, men die so they are not perfect either.

baal, pharaohs and many other people are called “god” but they were all false gods.

Do you believe that Baal is a real GOD OR god Mike?

lol Jesus is GOD, but because your adding your theology of course it sounds false to you.
    Whats funny is that you still continue, when you lost the debate already.

What Makes God “The Father” Mike? so therefore if God is not a Father is he not GOD?

is that what your saying?

Mike, your question only fits your biased theology that it totaly disagree with.

The Only True God refers to himself God duh.
    and we very well know that Jesus is a ruler and above that.
    Jesus is God mike.

As i mentioned and now francis a has mentioned, you have a problem with your defition of what God is. and you think God only means a title.

If you cant define words correctly than how can you interpret correctly?

Baker
    Participant

SF, Keith and Francis!

Deu 4:35   Unto thee it was shewed, that thou mightest know that the LORD he [is] God; [there is] none else beside him.  

Deu 6:4 ¶ Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God [is] one LORD:  

1Cr 8:5   For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)  

1Cr 8:6   But to us [there is but] one God, the Father, of whom [are] all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom [are] all things, and we by him.  

1Cr 11:3   But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman [is] the man; and the head of Christ [is] God.  

1Ti 2:5   For [there is] one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;  

Eph 4:6   One God and Father of all, who [is] above all, and through all, and in you all.  

And by Jesus own words He said

Jhn 14:28   Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come [again] unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.  

please explain all of these Scriptures to us…….

Also notice that in  the Old Test. it says LORD all in capital letters.  While in the New Test. Lord is used for Jesus….Why, in the Rye Study Bible of KJ it says that the Translators were afraid that they might use God's Name in vain and used LORD and Lord instead…..There is no trinity.  It is a man made doctrine and not of God.  You cant find the name trinity in the Bible….There is only one Scripture that contradicts all the other Scriptures above….

Also you deny that God is a title, but it is.  Footnotes.  Jesus has another name and so does God, Jehovah is His Name or YAHWEH Elohim….It is YAHWEH who I worship and not a trinity God…..
    Also The Word of God is also a title…..And Satan is called the God of this world..above Scripture says so.. 1 Corinth 8:5
    Peace Irene

Quote (princess @ Jan. 08 2011,18:29)
    to be found sinless, means one was judged.

NO

Unless one has committed an offence there is no need for a trial or a judge. What are you talking about? Where is scripture that says Jesus was judged?

WJ

Viewing 20 posts - 561 through 580 (of 1,827 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account