Mikeboll64 vs francis

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 1,827 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Astaria @ Dec. 31 2010,23:06)
    Simplyforgiven,

I have not spoken with you before but even from your one post to me i suggest that we do not dialogue as your posts contains nothing but pointless empty air.

There is nothing of sense in your post.

I rather think that you just want to raise and argument.

Sorry, but that is how it seems and That is how it IS.

SF

you are not alone,

Pierre :D :D :D

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Jan. 01 2011,01:05)

Simplyforgiven,

I have not spoken with you before but even from your one post to me i suggest that we do not dialogue as your posts contains nothing but pointless empty air.

SF

you are not alone,

Pierre  :D  :D  :D

Hi Astaria,

We should always try reason together with others,
    instead some here try to lambast others into submission.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Quote (Astaria @ Dec. 30 2010,23:48)
    Worshipping Jesus,

How did you come to say to me that “There is ONLY ONE TRUE GOD”.

Did I not say that.

Hi Astaria

No you didn't, unless I do not understand “clear” English!

I am not sure why you got offended but maybe It is my fault and I wasn't clear enough. Let me see if I can explain it a little better.

The scriptures say there is “Only One True God“.

So let’s break it down.

Only” =  : alone in a class or category : sole  Merriam Webster

One” = : being a single unit or thing Merriam Webster

True” =  : being in accordance with the actual state of affairs Merriam Webster

God” =  : the Being perfect in power, wisdom, and goodness who is worshipped as creator and ruler of the universe Merriam Webster

What that means to me is there are “no other gods period” and that all other so-called gods are merely made or created in the minds of carnal men. The Apostle Paul calls them so-called gods which means they are not gods at all.

Here is what Paul says…

So then, about eating food sacrificed to idols: We know that “an idol is nothing at all in the world and that “there is no God but one“. For “even if there are so‑called gods“, whether in heaven or on earth (as indeed there are many “gods” and many “lords”), 1 Cor 8:4, 5

The main points here are…

• an idol (a god) is nothing at all
  • there is “NO God” but one
  • EVEN IF there are so‑called gods

But now here is what you claim…

Quote (Astaria @ Dec. 30 2010,18:33)
    But Jesus transcends all those accollades…he does something that is “in extremis” for as righteous as many men were – even holding to the very word of God (David, Solomon, Abraham, Daniel, Moses, Jacob, Isaac…These were all “Mighty Gods”) they all did one thing that Jesus did not do: SIN, at some point.

Where is the scriptures that says “David, Solomon, Abraham, Daniel, Moses, Jacob, Isaac…are all Mighty Gods”?

Paul said there is “No God but one“, but you say they all were “Mighty Gods”.

How does yours statement match “Only One True God“?

It seems to be double talk to me and ludicrous.

So you got offended for what reason?

Polytheism = : belief in or worship of more than one god Merriam Webster

Please explain!

WJ

Quote (Astaria @ Dec. 31 2010,00:01)
Worshipping Jesus,

Please do not get hung up on the term “God” or “Mighty God”. It simply means “One of great Power and authority – IN ANY EXPLICIT FIELD OF VALOUR”.

Hi Astaria

I am not hung up on anything but what the scritpure says concerning “Only One True God”. If your definition of God above is correct then that means there is “Only One True “One of great Power and authority – IN ANY EXPLICIT FIELD OF VALOUR“, isn't that correct?  :)

Blessings WJ

I feel that you are are raging inside over something and are blinded to even simple writing.

Hi Astaria

Thats funny, I got that feeling from you after reading your last 2 post to me. What I said was scripturally true and not meant to offend.

WJ

mikeboll64
Blocked

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ Dec. 30 2010,17:26)
There is no OTHER God but GOD.
And for you to claim otherwise is nonesense.

Then your argument is with scripture, not me. For scripture mentions many gods. But of all of them, we are to worship only the “God of gods”.

mike

mikeboll64
Blocked

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ Dec. 30 2010,18:08)
There is nothing left to Debate, To believe in many gods is a fallacy on its own, because the bible Teaches about
ONE GOD.

You must refer to different scriptures than the ones contained in the Bible, D.

Again, your argument is with the scriptures, not me – and I'll leave you to it.

peace and love,
mike

mikeboll64
Blocked

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Dec. 31 2010,04:34)

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ Dec. 30 2010,02:08)
There is nothing left to Debate, To believe in many gods is a fallacy on its own, because the bible Teaches about
ONE GOD.

Exactly!

Either Jesus is God or he is not “a god” at all but as Paul calls them so-called gods.

WJ

Who's the “them” you mention, Keith?  Oh, the OTHERS who have been given the TITLE of “god”?

Keith and D, please answer this ONE simple question:

Do you understand that “god” is but a TITLE, which means, “judge, ruler, mighty one”?  YES or NO?

mike

mikeboll64
Blocked

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 31 2010,04:45)

no one above a KING well is it not God who appoints KINGS ?

Hi Pierre,

I thought the same exact thing when I read that.  God is above all kings.  He is also above all others who are called “god”, for He is the “God of gods”.  Jesus is never called the “God of gods”, is he?   Nope.  In fact, Jesus, being a god himself, calls the God of gods “my God”, thereby confirming that only YHVH is the God of gods, and therefore the God of Jesus.

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 31 2010,04:45)

if God is Christ why did he not say so ??

Or better yet:  Since the Christ was to be one who was anointed BY God, then simple logic will tell anyone that the one “anointed BY God” cannot also be the God who anointed him.

peace and love,
mike

mikeboll64
Blocked

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Dec. 31 2010,05:03)

No Mike, you say you have 2 gods. Here is how it goes. Hey everybody I believe in “Only One True God” but  I believe there are other “true gods”. Do you see how ludicrous that is?

Keith, there are many “presidents” in the USA.  And the fact that there is only “ONE TRUE PRESIDENT” in the USA does not make the other “presidents” any less real, does it?  It only confirms that the “ONE TRUE PRESIDENT” is ABOVE all the other “presidents”.

I'll wait for your answer to my simple question in my other post.

There is only “One eternal essence” (Spirit), and that essence is God.

And that “One Spirit” flows through and gives life to every living thing in existence.  Are we all God, too?  

Paul calls all other gods but the One God “so-called gods” (1 Cor 8:4 5), meaning that they are not gods at all Mike for there is only “One God” whom we serve. Why is this so hard for you to understand?

Did Paul call Satan the “SO-CALLED god of this age”?  No.  Did God call his human judges “SO-CALLED gods”?  No.

Face it boys, for us there is but ONE God.  And that ONE God is the Father alone.  Jesus is the SON OF that ONE God, not that ONE God Himself.

Keith, Paul says our ONE God is the Father, right?  Do you believe?

Jesus says that our God and his God is the “ONLY true God”.  Do you believe?

mike

mikeboll64
Blocked

Quote (Astaria @ Dec. 31 2010,10:33)

AND FINALLY… GOD ALMIGHTY….There are many Rulers and Principalities and Powers both on earth, over the earth and in the Heavens – and they can all be one of the designated labels of “God” but even so they are not supreme over the ONE GOD, God Almighty, YHVH, for HE alone stands (Sits?) Supreme above ALL others  – AND there can be ONLY ONE SUPREME GOD over ALL Other 'supreme Gods'

Hi Astaria, and Welcome.

You have summed up how I also believe and what I've been trying to put across to SF and WJ.  Good post.

far worse, is the LIVE GOD, the God of this world,. SATAN… He was given a kingdom, the earth…

Again, I agree.  Satan is not a “so-called” god.  Satan is real.  Satan has been given a kingdom.  And Satan is god, or ruler over his kingdom.  He is a real being who is a “mighty one”, and therefore a real “god”, much like Jesus.  But he is NOT God Almighty, and therefore NOT the “God of gods”, also like Jesus.

So, with this little introduction and 'definition' of “God” we should be able to start to put some meat on the bone of this discussion, maybe, yes?

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!  Let's stop playing games with the word “god”.  Let's not use the “only one true God” language to somehow twist Jesus into being the God of gods and his own Father.  It's lame and inexcusable IMO.

peace and love,
mike

mikeboll64
Blocked

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 01 2011,02:32)
God” =  : the Being perfect in power, wisdom, and goodness who is worshipped as creator and ruler of the universe Merriam Webster

Hi Keith,

Why did you only mention one of Merriam Webster's definitions of “god”?  What about #4 from the same source?

4: a powerful ruler

Keith, is there more than one “powerful ruler” mentioned in the scriptures?  Are they all YHVH God Most High?

mike

Baker
Participant

Quote (princess @ Dec. 31 2010,10:54)
little intro………..:laugh:

no I believe God and the Word og God is a title also Irene

SimplyForgiven
Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 31 2010,19:05)

Simplyforgiven,

SF

you are not alone,

Pierre  :D  :D  :D

What is that suppose to mean Pierre?

SimplyForgiven
Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Dec. 31 2010,20:41)

Worshipping Jesus,

Please do not get hung up on the term “God” or “Mighty God”. It simply means “One of great Power and authority – IN ANY EXPLICIT FIELD OF VALOUR”.

Hi Astaria

I am not hung up on anything but what the scritpure says concerning “Only One True God”. If your definition of God above is correct then that means there is “Only One True “One of great Power and authority – IN ANY EXPLICIT FIELD OF VALOUR“, isn't that correct?  :)

Blessings WJ

WJ,
I dont see How This Gandalf got offended by either of our posts.

but okkkkk… I guess just by the fact that we disagree made him emotional.

seriously, uncalled for.

Even with Mike, it took me awhile to finally lash out.

SimplyForgiven
Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 31 2010,22:41)

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ Dec. 30 2010,17:26)
There is no OTHER God but GOD.  
And for you to claim otherwise is nonesense.

Then your argument is with scripture, not me.  For scripture mentions many gods.  But of all of them, we are to worship only the “God of gods”.

mike

Prove that they are actually gods Mike, since you claim them to be.
Lets go point by point.

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 31 2010,14:10)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 01 2011,02:32)

Hi Keith,

Why did you only mention one of Merriam Webster's definitions of “god”?  What about #4 from the same source?

4: a powerful ruler

Keith, is there more than one “powerful ruler” mentioned in the scriptures?  Are they all YHVH God Most High?

mike

Mike

Does it matter if I mention all the definitions?

Ok Mike, God is “a powerful ruler”.

Now that means that there is “Only One True Powerful Ruler”.

If there is “ONLY ONE” then that means there are no others, right?

All others are false, imposters, counterfiets, usurppers OR as Paul says, “so-called gods”.

You do get this don't you Mike?

Paul said…”We know that “an idol is nothing at all in the world and that “there is no God but one“..

there is no God but one“……”there is no God but one“…… “there is no God but one“..

You do get this don't you Mike?

WJ

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 29 2010,22:31)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Dec. 29 2010,07:02)
Like I said you have let the JWs convince you that Jesus is “a god” which means you now have 2 gods. One big one and one little one.

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 29 2010,22:31)

Hi Keith,

You say WE have “two gods”?  We acknowledge that the scriptures are loaded with many who have been given the title “god” by one person or another.

No Mike, you say you have 2 gods. Here is how it goes. Hey everybody I believe in “Only One True God” but  I believe there are other “true gods”. Do you see how ludicrous that is?

The problem with your theology is you want to confess the scriptures that say Jesus is God, but then say he is not God because he is not your God. Do you see how silly that is?

Mike if a Polytheist who believes in many gods says to his friend, “I believe in the “God of stupidity” and I bow down to him, and I give him my life, and I confess him as my Lord and my Savior, and I love him with all of my heart because he has done so much for me”!

His friend may say “Wow how do I get to know your God”? Then he says “Oh well, you see he is not “my God” he only has the title “God”. Then his friend would probably say “Now I know why you call him the “God of stupidity”.  

DO YOU SEE THE LUNACY OF YOUR ARGUMENT? You say Jesus is “a god” who you bown down to and confess as your Lord and Savour but then say he is not your god!  Then who is he “a god” too?   If the scriptures says there is “Only One True God” then that leaves no room for anything else but “false gods” that are not gods at all but as Paul says “so-called gods”.

To say anything else is absurd!

Mike you didn't address this, why not?

WJ

mikeboll64
Blocked

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ Jan. 01 2011,06:51)
WJ,
I dont see How This Gandalf got offended by either of our posts.

but okkkkk… I guess just by the fact that we disagree made him emotional.  

seriously, uncalled for.

Even with Mike, it took me awhile to finally lash out.

Hi D,

I don't think it's the fact you guys disagree, but the fact you use silliness to do it.  Think about it.  If Satan is one of the so-called gods, and therefore not the only true God, then why isn't Jesus?  YHVH is Jesus' God as well as Satan's, right?

On the other hand, if Satan is a real god (which he is) but still not the only true God, then why can't Jesus also be a real god without being the only true God?

Now you guys will go around and around in circles claiming all the things that Jesus is that Satan is not, and that's fine.  But you cross the line by asserting those things make Jesus the God he is the Son of, and that's just plain silliness.  Remember this one fact D:  Whoever and whatever Satan is, he is not the God of gods, for that title belongs only to the one he refers to as “God”.  And whoever and whatever Jesus is, he is not the God of gods, for that title belongs only to the one he refers to as “my God”.

Get it?  If Satan has a God, then he is NOT God Almighty.  If Jesus has a God, then he is NOT God Almighty.  It's really just that simple, for God Almighty calls NO ONE “my God”.  God Almighty doesn't have a God, D.  Both Satan and Jesus do.

I'm glad Astaria called you on your silliness and “empty air” post.  Substance, logic and scriptures are what it's all about, D.

You guys claim that because Jesus is the “exact representation” OF the invisible God, he must be that God.  But you fail to see the illogic of your claim.  God cannot be said to be “the exact representation” of God.  That would be stupid.  In order for one person to be a “representation” of ANOTHER, the first person cannot possibly BE that other.

This is the kind of sillieness I've been arguing against for over a year here.  And I, for one, am glad to have someone else who is not afraid to call a spade a spade.

peace and love,
mike

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 31 2010,13:54)
Again, I agree.  Satan is not a “so-called” god.

Mike then Paul is contradicting himself for he says…

…that “there is no God but one“. For “even if there are so‑called gods“….

THERE IS NO GOD BUT ONE“.

Satan is the “god of this world” which means that he is not “a god” at all but a usurper a false god which the world follows after, for the world believes in many gods, for those who are under the worldly system are blinded by satan and do not see that there is “Only One True God”.

Paul said…

there is no God but one“. For “even if there are so‑called gods

WJ

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 1,827 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account