Mat 28:19

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 105 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tim 2,
    So as you say the rather odd label of SON is meaningless to you?

Tim2
    Participant

Hi Nick,

No, that He is the Son is very meaningful to me and to all the saints. His being the Son means that He is begotten of the Father. This is very profound and mysterious, and can only lead our hearts to worship Him with adoration.

But speaking of the meaning of son, again, every son in creation has the same nature as his father. Apparently you think the Son of God has a different nature than God. So what does son mean to you?

Tim

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tim2,
    What mysterious tales you tell.
    Mystery Babylon?
    A son who was never a son and a Father who was never a father?
    Eph 3
    “14For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,

15Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, “

Tim2
    Participant

Nick,

What are you talking about. When did I say, “A son who was never a son and a Father who was never a father?” I've said from the beginning, the Son has always been the Son, and the Father has always been the Father.

Tim

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tim 2,
    Only LABELLED as such,
    not REALLY father and son.

Tim2
    Participant

Nick,

What does “father and son” really mean?

In creation, it means they have the same nature. Do you think it's different with God? Is Jesus created?

Tim

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tim2,
    Really?
    So if you and I have the same human nature we are father and son?
    Thanks son.

Tim2
    Participant

Nick,

You're funny. But I think you know the meaning of words. I said, “Father and Son” means the two have the same nature, not “the two have the same nature” means “father and son.” Is this just rationalization? Is this how you talk to people?

Please answer my other questions.

Tim

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tim,
    Son lets get one thing straight.
    We do not and have not shared the same being forever. OK?

Tim2
    Participant

Hi Nick,

I agree. We don't have the same being.

Please answer my other questions.

Tim

chosenone
    Participant

Trinity? If God is One, then are the Father, Christ, and Holy Spirit one-third of God each? This would equal One!

Blessings.

Tim2
    Participant

Hi Chosenone,

No, they are not each 1/3 of God. They are each fully God. Yet they are not three gods, but one God.

That each is God is declared in the Bible. That there is only one God is declared in the Bible.

Tim

david
    Participant

That each is God is declared in the Bible.

–“Jehovah” is specifically called “God” slightly more than a thousand times.
    –Jesus a few times.
    –The holy spirit not at all. (Several people will tell you that it is because Jehovah is God and the holy spirit is God, so the holy spirit is called God. Of course, this is circular logic.)
    –Oh, and of course, Israelite judges were called gods, as were the angels. I think Moses was called a god to pharoah, and Satan is the god of this wrold.

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (Tim2 @ April 04 2007,06:56)
    Hi Chosenone,

No, they are not each 1/3 of God.  They are each fully God.  Yet they are not three gods, but one God.  

That each is God is declared in the Bible.  That there is only one God is declared in the Bible.

Tim

Tim, If each one is fully God , then my math says there are three Gods.

1=1 or 3=3 how do you get 1=3?

david
    Participant

1=1 or 3=3 how do you get 1=3?

A certain pope called it a “mystery.” A mystery indeed, even to the Bible writers, who apparently forgot to mention it.

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (david @ April 04 2007,07:03)

1=1  or 3=3  how do you get 1=3?

A certain pope called it a “mystery.”  A mystery indeed, even to the Bible writers, who apparently forgot to mention it.

Thus, it is a contradiction in the Bible, does it say there is one God, but then names three Gods?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Tim2 @ April 04 2007,06:56)
    Hi Chosenone,

No, they are not each 1/3 of God.  They are each fully God.  Yet they are not three gods, but one God.  

That each is God is declared in the Bible.  That there is only one God is declared in the Bible.

Tim

Hi Tim2,
    Men and angels are called gods by Jesus himself and satan is the god of this world so that logic falls flat.

If Jesus is God who is God's monogenes son?

david
    Participant

I feel very strongly people don't understand the word “God.” We have to look at every way that the Bible uses that word to understand it.

Certain references seem to indicate that the word “god” means “mighty or strong or powerful one.”
    Hence, the Israelite judges were mighty compared to the other Israelites.
    The angels are mighty ones (gods) compared to us.
    Jehovah is mighty compared to Jesus and hence several times called his God.
    Satan is the god of this world.
    The word “god” certainly fits Jesus, as he has been “given” all authority and power BY JEHOVAH.
    And of course, Jehovah is the Almighty, called Almighty about 43 times in the Bible. So the word “god” rightly fits him and he is specifically without question called “God” about a thousand times, and rightly so.

david

chosenone
    Participant

Trinity? 1Cor. 8:5-7… even as there are many Gods and many Lords, nevertheless for us there is one God, the Father, out of Whom all is, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through Whom all is.

Blessings.

Tim2
    Participant

Well, Jesus is certainly our God (John 20:28).

He's also God over creation (Romans 9:5). Don't know how many other gods you can say that about.

He's also the God we're called to worship (Hebrews 1:6) (proskunein, which in Rev 22:9 we're told only to do to God). I don't know how many other gods you can say that about.

I'd be careful about accusing the Bible of having a contradiction.

Tim

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 105 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account