Mans Religion.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    malcolm ferris
    Participant

Sandra
    Breaking of bread – communion – I don't get hung up on words
    You knew what I was speaking of, I will call it breaking of bread if you refer, although technically should it not be called breaking of bread and partaking of wine then?

Also I still do not see where it says in any of the verses you quoted me that baptism is a seal. There is the verses in Romans

ROMANS 4:11-12
    And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:
    And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.

That says Abraham recieved the sign of circumcision as a seal of the righteousness of faith.
    But I don't find anywhere that circumcision is likened to baptism by water.
    The circumcision today is of the heart by the Holy Spirit by which we are sealed.

sandra
    Participant

I stand corrected, my sincerest apologies Malcolm,

“The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ? For we being many are one bread, and one body: for we are all partakers of that one bread.

sandra
    Participant

Malcolm,

About the scriptural references to baptism being a “seal”, I used what was offered by the New Westminister Catechism of Faith on the subject. Sorry that was the best that I could come up with!

malcolm ferris
    Participant

I was just really interested in knowing where it is called a seal, cos I want to know if it is.
    My understanding at present is that the Holy Spirit baptism is a seal.
    A seal being something that secures the goods sealed to the destination.
    Also a seal being a sign of ownership, they used to use a ring to seal letters with hot wax.
    The ring was like a signiture and spoke of ownership.
    So I was just really interested to see where baptism is a seal and how it would apply…

NickHassan
    Participant

human religion

sandra
    Participant

Ferris, the LOrd Almighty called you a Wolf did He not? About the seal, I feel sorry for all of you that would exchange the truth of God for a lie! Do you really believe that I would tell you that I was a sealed remnant and give the entire descript, were I not speaking TRUTH! I know that you are connected to your KJV, and won't you be surprised when the very persons you condemn, show you the mercy and the TRUTH of THE GRACE OF THE LORD ALMIGHTY GOD? HUMBLE THYSELVES IN THE SIGHT OF THE LORD!

sandra
    Participant

Oh I know Ferris, It was something that you DID, Something that you got right, something about your ID,,,,that said you were above the retribution of the LORD ALMIHTY. Well, The Lord taught me, that I did nothing, deserve nothing, was born of nothing, except that HE desired that NONE should perish! And I deserved NOTHING, was not greater, nor less, but I AM

sandra
    Participant

KJKLT LGL AOJFVO RO
    FG AJGP AJpg aKT[ GFPAU PYTJ AGFJA LJGKLJA OIUG ATN TGVIU0 JTL LVNA LTMF;AK fTG A HGA OFGH00AY TNQT G TGATH OGA;VG/TLHVO Y H5LRNLQT GV HTgKq tgB HPTHG/ H/VH/THG/ PityJGHPIT QLOT HYJPG J6;KTNQGIFHO LTNJJFG OVYUJHNTHHNNKNG LAHT IQYTG HG U QTNGOQ HOGHQ NG HQOHTGIJ IQIGHQ IJ5TqytQTY QYJqYT QH TGHOY THF GAYO JTqgJT gHI/5THFGYH OTROH OTHGQ HTOHIHGFYN5LK1QB H65BOR TQHFYP 5J{t!QT R'FYP/64HTPGFU' Q5PT 'FYH6JTYG 'PHV OQA[U 5/1HRQEF Y;5HL1QJW S0YH21LJQWAP 2QWP 34PREWP'QJP E56'PTJ QWU412JQWP 321WQE lAOS sa PALOS, RDFA H/T G/OQH /IJH/LTQNG /HQAOHOTR

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    James defined true religion for us and it differs from the definition given us by the world.
    Jas 1
    ” 27Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.”

Mercy
    Participant

Quote (sandra @ June 25 2006,02:58)
    KJKLT  LGL AOJFVO RO
    FG AJGP AJpg aKT[ GFPAU PYTJ AGFJA LJGKLJA OIUG ATN TGVIU0 JTL LVNA LTMF;AK fTG A HGA OFGH00AY TNQT G TGATH OGA;VG/TLHVO Y H5LRNLQT GV HTgKq tgB HPTHG/  H/VH/THG/ PityJGHPIT QLOT HYJPG J6;KTNQGIFHO LTNJJFG OVYUJHNTHHNNKNG LAHT IQYTG HG U QTNGOQ HOGHQ NG HQOHTGIJ IQIGHQ IJ5TqytQTY QYJqYT QH TGHOY THF GAYO JTqgJT gHI/5THFGYH OTROH OTHGQ HTOHIHGFYN5LK1QB  H65BOR TQHFYP 5J{t!QT R'FYP/64HTPGFU' Q5PT 'FYH6JTYG 'PHV OQA[U 5/1HRQEF Y;5HL1QJW S0YH21LJQWAP 2QWP 34PREWP'QJP E56'PTJ QWU412JQWP 321WQE lAOS sa PALOS, RDFA H/T G/OQH /IJH/LTQNG /HQAOHOTR

Is this typing in tongues?

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Mercy @ Sep. 29 2006,07:26)

Quote (sandra @ June 25 2006,02:58)
    KJKLT  LGL AOJFVO RO
    FG AJGP AJpg aKT[ GFPAU PYTJ AGFJA LJGKLJA OIUG ATN TGVIU0 JTL LVNA LTMF;AK fTG A HGA OFGH00AY TNQT G TGATH OGA;VG/TLHVO Y H5LRNLQT GV HTgKq tgB HPTHG/  H/VH/THG/ PityJGHPIT QLOT HYJPG J6;KTNQGIFHO LTNJJFG OVYUJHNTHHNNKNG LAHT IQYTG HG U QTNGOQ HOGHQ NG HQOHTGIJ IQIGHQ IJ5TqytQTY QYJqYT QH TGHOY THF GAYO JTqgJT gHI/5THFGYH OTROH OTHGQ HTOHIHGFYN5LK1QB  H65BOR TQHFYP 5J{t!QT R'FYP/64HTPGFU' Q5PT 'FYH6JTYG 'PHV OQA[U 5/1HRQEF Y;5HL1QJW S0YH21LJQWAP 2QWP 34PREWP'QJP E56'PTJ QWU412JQWP 321WQE lAOS sa PALOS, RDFA H/T G/OQH /IJH/LTQNG /HQAOHOTR

Is this typing in tongues?

Yes we will sing in tongues, pray in tongues and now type in tongues LOL!

Proclaimer
    Participant

Could be a code?

Da Vinci code?

† ‡ ˆ ‰ Š ‹ Œ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Man's religion is a futile attempt to build a relationship with an estranged God by our own abilities. It is not possible to do so but men comfort themselves that in trying to do so they are doing enough to mitigate the fury of that God against men.

It is deception.
    There is only one way and one mediator between God and man.
    Salvation is in the Son of God.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account