Mandy

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 361 through 380 (of 383 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi SOL,
    Why not preach the gospel of Christ yourself?

Proclaimer
    Participant

It is true Not3in1. Some come here to mock. Peter said it himself.

2 Peter 3:3
    knowing this first, that in the last days mockers shall come with mockery, walking after their own lusts,

Son of Light
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 16 2008,16:34)
    Hi SOL,
    Why not preach the gospel of Christ yourself?

What do you mean, Nick?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi SOL,
    Stay within the teachings of Christ.
    Abhor gnosticism and it's vanities.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Jan. 16 2008,15:48)

Quote (Stu @ Jan. 15 2008,20:15)
    The 2006 Ford Mondeo reproduces biologically?  It has DNA/features?

Stuart

Obviously not.

Our tech isn't that sophisticated yet.

But NOTHINGS tech is.

:D

There's no question, you're right. But natural selection has had billions of years, and we only started using manufactured tools to beat one another over the head with within the last few hundred thousand years. I think we might be closer than we realise to someone synthesising DNA from scratch to make some kind of gene. It would be extremely labourious and perhaps not a very worthwhile experiment, when all the usefully-coding DNA that we know of is available to us already, and any new code we might try to write almost certainly would not work.

Stuart

Laurel
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 16 2008,12:48)
    Mrs,

Understand one thing that is different about an Internet forum: people can be much braver behind the anonymity of a keyboard and username then they would ever be in a face to face conversation. Myself included; I would less likely walk up to the local Christian and present my evidence.

So understand the environment. Be prepared to realize that you owe nothing to the person on the other side of the screen. They are not your loved ones, your family, or necessarily your friends. That does not mean you can't reach out or fight back but remember that this is not the most personal and real forms of communication available to you.

Tow,
    You are totally wrong when you say that we owe nothing to anybody here.

We are to love one another after we love YHWH first.

That being said, YHWH our creator and heavenly Father does rebuke and chastise the people He loves. He is also the El of second chances, because He is forgiving to those with a “humble” attitude.

He also punishes the wicked, which is His job and not ours to do.

Is 1:18
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Jan. 15 2008,20:31)
    Actually Is 1:18

You know the irony of the commas is that just today my partner, a teacher of english, had proof-read for me a letter that I was keen to get just right.  Her only suggestion was to add a few more commas!

I suppose they all average out.

Stuart:cool:

Coincidently my wife is an English teaher too. I'm sure she would side with me. Not that I'm going to ask her though….

:cool:

Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Jan. 16 2008,04:53)

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Jan. 15 2008,20:00)
    I would have thought that since you asked two entirely separate questions, you really needed to use two question marks. But oh well….who cares.

You've got to be kidding me?

Two brilliant men talking about where to pace a comma?  Give me a break guys.

I know, I know. I started perhaps the most pointless dialogue in the history of Heavennet. I was just having a small jibe at stu after he critiqued my grammar a couple of times and I forgot how seriously he takes himself, one thing led to another and….a very pointless discussion ensued.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Jan. 17 2008,18:14)

I would have thought that since you asked two entirely separate questions, you really needed to use two question marks. But oh well….who cares.

I know, I know. I started perhaps the most pointless dialogue in the history of Heavennet. I was just having a small jibe at stu after he critiqued my grammar a couple of times and I forgot how seriously he takes himself, one thing led to another and….a very pointless discussion ensued.

Now I am being seriously pedantic. When did I critique your grammar?

Stuart

Participant

Actually I think it would have been well put if you had said 'some people still dispute that the earth is flat'!

Stuart

https://heavennet.net/cgi-bin….&st=140

I think there was another occasion preceeding this one, but I don't remember the thread.

Have you had a good day Stu?

Stu
    Participant

Is 1:18: People disagree about everything. There are still some around who dispute the Earth is a sphere…..

Stu: Actually I think it would have been well put if you had said 'some people still dispute that the earth is flat'!

Sorry, Is 1:18 it would see that I have not been clear. This is not a criticism of your english, just an observation that there would have been some ironic/comic effect in substituting ‘flat’ for ‘sphere’, given the criticisms that some make of the bible for implying that the earth is flat. Although I think you are an unspeakable brute for supporting capital punishment, your communication skills are not in question! Perhaps mine were, on that occasion.

Stuart

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Laurel @ Jan. 16 2008,02:18)

Then why did the Jews kill so many? In turn, why did Christians kill so many Jews? To rush them into the presence of G-d so He could punish them?

Son of Light
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 17 2008,21:17)

Then why did the Jews kill so many? In turn, why did Christians kill so many Jews? To rush them into the presence of G-d so He could punish them?

Because the whole world does not understand the spirit it follows.

“You do not know what manner of spirit you are of; for the Son of Man came not to destroy peoples' lives but to save them.”
    Luke 9:54

People not “REALLY” knowing the Father do this:

2They will put you out of the synagogue; in fact, a time is coming when anyone who kills you will think he is offering a service to God. 3They will do such things because they have not known the Father or me.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Son of Light @ Jan. 17 2008,04:52)

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 17 2008,21:17)

Because the whole world does not understand the spirit it follows.

“You do not know what manner of spirit you are of; for the Son of Man came not to destroy peoples' lives but to save them.”
    Luke 9:54

People not “REALLY” knowing the Father do this:

2They will put you out of the synagogue; in fact, a time is coming when anyone who kills you will think he is offering a service to God. 3They will do such things because they have not known the Father or me.

But he was talking of others killing Christians. Why didn't he say anything about future Christian who killed Jews? Because history does not show Jews killing Christians but the opposite.

Strange, don't you think?

seekingtruth
    Participant

Towshab,
    Whether they were the devil's pawn or simply decieved how can you believe that those through out history were following God's command to kill Jews? I see nothing in scripture even remotely suggesting we persecute Jews, actually I read quite the opposite.

Wm

kejonn
    Participant

Hey, something odd here. Since Jesus was speaking to Jews before his death, and there was no such thing as Christians at that time, could Jesus have actually been speaking of the future Christians who destroyed synagogues and killed Jews? Something to ponder.

acertainchap
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Jan. 18 2008,00:14)
    Since Jesus was speaking to Jews before his death, and there was no such thing as Christians at that time, could Jesus have actually been speaking of the future Christians who destroyed synagogues and killed Jews? Something to ponder.

What makes you think that there was no such thing as Christians at that time?

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Jan. 17 2008,18:14)

I had to give you brother's a hard time because I enjoy you both so much! It is a pleasure to read your posts. I know it's good reading when I have to use a dictionary once or twice to get through it. :;):

There are some who serve eachother and the rest of us well by their debate – you both are a prime example.

Iron sharpens iron.

Mandy I have gone over to kejonn's Place several times now and read what you and others are saying about us here on Heaven Net. Your last Post on the 18th again, what did I do to you that you dislike me so much now? I have told you over and over again how much I loved you and I would always pray for you and I have. I have been sitting on this computer with tears in my eyes ever since I have checked over there. I have made up my mind that I will never open myself up to another person that I cannot see on the net. I have loved you and I get spit at. No more. You can check how few times I have posted lately. I am so tired of it all. I put up an article on Jesus from my Husband that was one of the longest last post. I had started POSITIVE OUTLOOK especially for you. I stopped doing that too. It is so funny I have never been treated by anybody like this, being gossipped about. Even when I left the Catholic Church, we still had our Business and people still came to our Business bought our Products. They still respected us for what we were. You do not even know what kind of person I really am and what I do, I don't tell all. Because I respect what Jesus had taught me to do. Gossip is on thing that we in the W.W.C. of God never did. Those 10 years were the best years of my live and I miss it very much, and the people that truly have loved me and are gone. I also cannot wait till I will see them again. SO UNTIL THEN Mandy, good luck. I will still love you and will pray for you.

Peace and Love MrsIM4Truth

Not3in1
    Participant

Sister,
    This is ridiculous. I have not said anything horrible about you that deserves this rant and terribly hurt feelings that you now have. Of course I do not want you to hurt and so therefore I am so sorry for whatever it is that you read? I'll have to go over to Kevin's site and take a look? But I doubt I said anything that serious. I believe you take to heart too much of what I say and think. Sometimes I need to be free to express myself without always side-stepping feelings. I'm sorry if something I said offended and hurt you, I really am.

I really have to say that I don't like being “monitored” or watched over on Kevin's site by HeavenNeter's. I've received a few PM's by folks here who want to comment on things I've posted over on Kevin's site. I really just recommened that if you don't want to hear what we have to say over there……..don't go and visit and read over there. If certain folks are easily upset by what I write, I would ask that you just don't read what I write. :) I feel as if I am being restricted everywhere I go now. I can't open-up here because it upsets folks that I'm searchinng, and now I can't open up on Kevin's site because folks go over there and get upset by reading what I write.

Please just let me search in peace. I mean no harm. I do get frustrated and may speak from that place time to time. I am human. I do love you sister, Irene, but I also need to have some space to make mistakes and work out my own salvation. I'm not that far away from the safety net – trust me.

Love and sorry,
    Mandy

Viewing 20 posts - 361 through 380 (of 383 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account