Mandy

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 321 through 340 (of 383 total)
  • Author

Mandy Thank you for your insult. I will never e-mail you again, don't worry about that . I have never meant you any harm. That you tread me like that is just uncalled for. Shows you what kind of heart you really have, one can look on the outside, but when something happens one will really see what is in the inside. You never loved me, otherwise you would not act like that. If I have hurt you I told you that have apolized for that. You do not except that? just remember if you don't forgive me for whtever you think I did wrong our Heavenly Father will not forgive you either. Goodbye.

Not3in1
    Participant

Irene,

To be perfectly honest with you, I am not in the right place to stroke you anymore. I know that sounds heartless, but I assure you I am not heartless. I do love you, sister. But I am more concerned about finding God right now than I am about friendship and making sure you are feeling needed and wanted. I have to be a bit selfish right now, forgive me. I just need some space to be free to search and ask questions. I know you don't like that. I know you are worried. But some of what you write me is not helping me; it is only hindering my search. You and Ken want to stuff me so tight into a box that I can't breathe. I just want some distance between us for a while, that is all I'm asking for. Please understand and try not to take everything I say so personal, OK? It may help you to realize that I am on shaky ground right now and I am really looking for answers. If you already have the answers, then just pray for me. That is the best thing you can do, and I would appreciate it greatly.

Love,
    Mandy

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 15 2008,06:51)

Quote (Stu @ Jan. 15 2008,05:23)
    Hi t8

Like evolution and the theory that man came from apes.
    Indoctrination is often not noticed by the one who is indoctrinated.
    You need to look at your own belief system Stu.

I have evidence to support what I believe about the fact of being an ape and having a common ancestry with all of life, and it is real, ‘seen’ evidence, too.  If I have been indoctrinated it is self-indoctrination; I have no formal education in biology past Form 5 science (which in any case does not deal with evolution).  Isn’t it interesting that while there is one fact of evolution, with a set of ideas of natural selection and a minimal debate about which factors are most influential in that process, this forum represents as many different christian ‘churches’ as there are people contributing.  Is it religious belief or scientific fact that has more credibility?

Stuart

Hi Stu,
    No
    Evolution is not a fact
    It remains a theory that those who desperately do not with to acknowledge God cling to.

I still don't understand why you are so antagonised by the facts of your ancestry. Why should the demonstrated truth be a problem for a consistent and true religion? Unless it is neither.

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    Remember you are really not quite sure about these things?
    That's the phone.
    New theory.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 15 2008,18:00)
    Hi Stu,
    That's the phone.
    New theory.

Are you drunk, Nick, or is 'that's the phone…new theory' some hip expression with which I am tellingly unfamiliar?

Stuart

Is 1:18
    Participant

The standard of grammar was a little lacking in that last post Stu. You might want to work on that, being the resident grammar policeman here and all…

:)

Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 14 2008,22:54)
    Haha, thanks for keeping up. I am a deist, IS.

Thanks for setting me straight. You're right I haven't been keeping up and drew the wrong conclusion that you were a judaist from some of the comments in your earlier posts.

In any case, I know the real reason you want to see me banned and it is the same concept that Christianity has as its main component: fear. Fear of hell, fear of ridicule. As I see by the way that the “Christians” are treating Not3in1, they are certainly browbeating and pushing some  fear-factor tactics at her.

Wow, you have a real persecution complex Towshab. For the record I have no fear of hell whatsoever. Why would I?, I know I will not be going there.

Its similar attitudes that I saw from personal Christian acquaintances that made me see the fallacy of Christianity. If these people reflected the affect Jesus was supposed to have on their lives, Jesus was not someone I wanted to know anymore.

I would be inclined to judge Yeshua based on what is written about Him in the Bible rather than a so-called follower. Some are real and some are not.

Christians are great in welcoming a new convert but should you start to question some things about the faith, you will find yourself as the leper outside the camp. Part of this has to do with their own doubts and fears so its best to avoid the person asking the tough questions.

I think you are being far too generalistic. Not all christians are like that.

Just like here. Many Christians do not like me on here because I present things that push their faith. If your faith is based on truth, what's the big deal? You should be able to pat me one the head and say “that's nice” and laugh. But you cannot.

No Towshab. I think people have a problem with you because of your attitude. You have been abrasive and condescending in your posts from the get go. Take the perjoratives out of your posts in this thread and what's left? Not much!

So you say just because Ken gets nasty with people when they don't agree with him, that is commendable?

You misunderstood my comment. I believe WJ has set you straight here.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Jan. 15 2008,18:17)
    The standard of grammar was a little lacking in that last post Stu. You might want to work on that, being the resident grammar policeman here and all…

Sorry, I can't see the error. Can you give me the corrected verson, Is 1:18?

By the way, why to you say I am the 'grammar police'? I think you might have imagined it, especially as it is you doing it now!

Stuart

Participant

Quote (Stu @ Jan. 15 2008,18:12)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 15 2008,18:00)
    Hi Stu,
    That's the phone.
    New theory.

Are you drunk, Nick, or is 'that's the phone…new theory' some hip expression with which I am tellingly unfamiliar?

Stuart

Are you drunk, (redundant use of comma) Nick (missing question mark), or is 'that's the phone…new theory' (need to use double exclamation marks when quoting someone) some hip expression with which I am tellingly unfamiliar?

Participant

Quote (Stu @ Jan. 15 2008,18:49)

By the way, why to you say I am the 'grammar police'?  I think you might have imagined it, especially as it is you doing it now!

Stuart

Normally I don't worry about a person's grammar if their writing is clear anyway. It's just a little fun to pull someone up on something they are pendantic about correcting in others.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Jan. 15 2008,19:50)

Quote (Stu @ Jan. 15 2008,18:49)

By the way, why to you say I am the 'grammar police'?  I think you might have imagined it, especially as it is you doing it now!

Stuart

Normally I don't worry about a person's grammar if their writing is clear anyway. It's just a little fun to pull someone up on something they are pendantic about correcting in others.

Although you could argue whether it is redundant, I'll grant you the first comma. I'll concede the double quotation marks too. The question mark has been used correctly, otherwise you would have had to suggest what to do with a comma and a question mark together at a place where the sentence did not finish.

Not that I'm going to get pedantic, you understand.

Stuart :)

Participant

I would have thought that since you asked two entirely separate questions, you really needed to use two question marks. But oh well….who cares.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Jan. 15 2008,20:00)
    I would have thought that since you asked two entirely separate questions, you really needed to use two question marks. But oh well….who cares.

We both seem to care! “Are you mad Nick, or do you follow scripture out of habit?” One question with a choice of two options.

Stuart

Proclaimer
    Participant

Hi t8

I have evidence to support what I believe about the fact of being an ape and having a common ancestry with all of life, and it is real, ‘seen’ evidence, too. If I have been indoctrinated it is self-indoctrination; I have no formal education in biology past Form 5 science (which in any case does not deal with evolution). Isn’t it interesting that while there is one fact of evolution, with a set of ideas of natural selection and a minimal debate about which factors are most influential in that process, this forum represents as many different christian ‘churches’ as there are people contributing. Is it religious belief or scientific fact that has more credibility?

Stuart

Stu, I also have evidence that the 2007 Ford Mondeo came from the 2006 model.

Something like 80% DNA/features in common.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Jan. 15 2008,20:11)

Hi t8

I have evidence to support what I believe about the fact of being an ape and having a common ancestry with all of life, and it is real, ‘seen’ evidence, too.  If I have been indoctrinated it is self-indoctrination; I have no formal education in biology past Form 5 science (which in any case does not deal with evolution).  Isn’t it interesting that while there is one fact of evolution, with a set of ideas of natural selection and a minimal debate about which factors are most influential in that process, this forum represents as many different christian ‘churches’ as there are people contributing.  Is it religious belief or scientific fact that has more credibility?

Stuart

Stu, I also have evidence that the 2007 Ford Mondeo came from the 2006 model.

Something like 80% DNA/features in common.

The 2006 Ford Mondeo reproduces biologically? It has DNA/features?

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Actually Is 1:18

You know the irony of the commas is that just today my partner, a teacher of english, had proof-read for me a letter that I was keen to get just right. Her only suggestion was to add a few more commas!

I suppose they all average out.

Stuart:cool:

Stu
    Participant

Actually Is 1:18

You know the irony of the commas is that just today my partner, a teacher of english, had proof-read for me a letter that I was keen to get just right. Her only suggestion was to add a few more commas!

I suppose they all average out.

Stuart :cool:

TimothyVI
    Participant

We heard you the first time stu. :D :D

Tim

Towshab
    Participant

Gee, can't get after his lack of belief in G-d, so now his grammar is being scrutinized?

acertainchap
    Participant

If Stu had editing rights Stu wouldn't use them. This is shown because Stu doesn't bother to check the posts for grammatical errors before posting them, anyway. :cool:

Viewing 20 posts - 321 through 340 (of 383 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account