Lucifer

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 21 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Malcolm,
    He is a whole lot smarter than natural man who needs the mind of Christ to catch him at his mischief.

malcolm ferris
    Participant

True, but even so he is a decieved being.
    Who believed his first lie? answer – he did.
    Check Isaiah 14 – the great claims he makes : I will do this and I will do that…
    So although he is extremely intelligent, he doesn't even realize he is a defeated being.
    That's a powerful kind of deciever, one who completely believes his own lies and is armed with enough knowledge to be able to convince himself and others that it is truth.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Malcolm,
    The god of the world claimed sovereignty over earth when he took the Son of God to the top of the temple and Jesus did not deny this claim. He had to come to wrest back for us helpless men the sovereingty of God over earth, through himself.

malcolm ferris
    Participant

Yes he owns it for now, but I am talking about the ultimate outcome.
    He is already finished, even as the sinner, though they may be enjoying themselves now and prospering for a season, is already dead in sin.
    Both have only defeat and punishment to look forward to.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Malcolm,
    Or salvation if they are called. We all sinned and were all capable of the most heinous crimes. The seed of all sin was in us. Thank God for the grace given to us through Yeshua.

malcolm ferris
    Participant

True but I don't see any opportunity for Satan. Can he repent, I believe not, if he did it would render a major part of the word of God as false.
    There is also a point at which someone can be sealed to their fate, a mark of identification confirming their ultimate destination.
    Even as the seal of the Holy Spirit does the true believer.
    I believe that there is a point we get to where, though we could, we still have the freedom to, turn from God. Yet we will not, we are sealed to our purpose, and though the trials of life may buffet us, cause us to fail from time to time. Yet our hearts purpose is to serve Him.
    I believe the same holds true for those sealed to the alternate destination, they get to a place where they will never repent, though potentially they still could. Their minds are sealed to their purpose.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Malcolm,
    I agree. Only frail men obtain mercy and can be forgiven. Many will yet repent in the great tribulation. None can not repent before they die so all must still be given a chance. Some of the Pharisees even came to repentance at the death of Jesus.

NickHassan
    Participant

Another thread on the work of Satan.

Jesus warned us in Lk 10
    ” 3Go your ways: behold, I send you forth as lambs among wolves.”

Paul said of Satan's work in Acts 20
    ” 27For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.

28Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

29For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.

30Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them. “

And indeed the wolf did come and the human leaders were not awake so he was able to divide and scatter the sheep and feed them on false doctrine as their food.

” 11I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

12But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.

13The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.”

The true sheep can still discern the voice of the gentle Shepherd among the loud clamour of the voices of those who say they represent him.

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    To claim Satan is lucifer is to stand on only one scripture. It may be correct but is scripturally unproveable[2Cor13.1].

Also the name does not appear in the assortment shown in Revelation.

Revelation 12:9
    And the great dragon was thrown down, the serpent of old who is called the devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him.

Revelation 20:2
    And he laid hold of the dragon, the serpent of old, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years;

gollamudi
    Participant

Amne brother Nick,
    I agree with that view of yours believing that these scriptures about falling of Satan the Dragon or the Old serpent is still in future.
    Thanks and blessings
    Adam

Viewing 12 posts - 21 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account