Looking into Jehovah Witnesses?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 127 total)
  • Author

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 11 2007,23:51)
    Hi qa,
    You belong to them and should be with them it seems but will it last?

Well, if I go back to my old ways….I won't last….so I'll be back on my own.

I guess if that happens I'll be on here supporting you and the desires of the human flesh to be “independent” of our maker…..in any way possible……even worshiping Jesus over his father.

Cult buster, you are a plague to these forums. You plaster the same stupid stuff over and over again, and they take up the whole page. Either join in with the conversations or get out.

While your at it go to http://www.thercg.org

I don't agree with everything on this site, and I think the builder of it is a money hungry egomaniac, but most of the stuff is bible based.

Educate yourself before you plaster your False-Religious teachings everywhere.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (quitarguingoverstupidstuff @ Feb. 12 2007,00:11)
    Cult buster, you are a plague to these forums. You plaster the same stupid stuff over and over again, and they take up the whole page. Either join in with the conversations or get out.

I don't agree with everything on this site, and I think the builder of it is a money hungry egomaniac, but most of the stuff is bible based.

Hi qa,
    Again you judge falsely. The owner of this site pays for iit to be maintained and makes no money from it, only the joy of presenting the scriptures. You should have more respect for t8.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (quitarguingoverstupidstuff @ Feb. 11 2007,23:59)

Hi qa,

I guess if that happens I'll be on here supporting you and the desires of the human flesh to be “independent” of our maker…..in any way possible……even worshiping Jesus over his father.

Hi qa,
    Perhaps you should listen to Paul?

Phil 3
    ” 13Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,”

The JWs will toss you out again for not conforming to their standards and then what?

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 12 2007,00:15)

Hi qa,
    Again you judge falsely. The owner of this site pays for iit to be maintained and makes no money from it, only the joy of presenting the scriptures. You should have more respect for t8.

Go to the site and you'll see him tell his members that if they want to join they will be required to tithe……..required….which I believe means mandatory.

I wouldn't send people there if the bible didn't agree with most of the information presented, so I'm in no way bashing the site, I'm bashing the fact that he mandates tithing to become a member of “his” church.

Don't think for one second that I don't do my own research.

Plus, I own 6 different websites…..once they're built….they don't require much work. (his site probably costs him $75-100 per month in hosting costs, plus he's already made it big with his families nutritional company, so I doubt he's “just getting by”)

Once a site is set up….it's like a little piggy bank that filsl up with money whether you are there or not.

As far as t8 goes, I'm not following you…..

Anymore I'm trying to be as kind as I can to others in this site, so I don't know what you are talking about as far as t8 is concerned.

Once again you have lost me….

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi qa,
    Wrong again.
    Read the site info again and stop judging as it only brings God's attention to our deficiencies.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 12 2007,00:17)

Quote (quitarguingoverstupidstuff @ Feb. 11 2007,23:59)

Hi qa,

Hi qa,
    Perhaps you should listen to Paul?

Phil 3
    ” 13Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,”

The JWs will toss you out again for not conforming to their standards and then what?

I guess I'll be back on the streets getting in fights with guys like you.

I don't think I'll be getting tossed out again. I've finally made a commitment to humble myself, so I guess in time I'll end up one of those kindhearted, peaceful, meek JW's that you seem to hate so much. (tattoos and all)

You're right, they are a curse to society. They should be stopped!

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 12 2007,00:33)
    Hi qa,
    Wrong again.
    Read the site info again and stop judging as it only brings God's attention to our deficiencies.

Whatever Nick.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (quitarguingoverstupidstuff @ Feb. 12 2007,00:35)

Hi qa,
    Wrong again.

Whatever Nick.

Hi qa,
    This is what t8 says.
    You should read it again.
    “When christians want or allow a pastor to rule over them like a King, then what is the price? Not only will he take your sons and make them serve him, but he will take a tenth/tithe of your income in order to support his ministry. It has been said that most money that is donated to denominations is used in running the denominations. Not that much is given to the needy as you may think.

True giving is never under compulsion. But let each man decide in his own heart what he will give. We should be generous and help the needy. We should also help ministries that are in service for the King and his Kingdom.

We are free from the law and we are under God's grace. So we should give gracefully and not under compulsion.”

Hi qa,
    Wrong again.

All you do on this site is judge others…..so who are you to talk?

If you go to one of the many books on the site there's an area on becoming a member….in that area it brings out in no uncertain form that “tithing” is required……..and if you read other books as well their's a lot of material directed to “tithing”……….

I like the fact that I agree with 90% of what is on the site…..but in my opinion (which is my right)……business and religion have made a nice union as far as this little “pop up” church is concerned.

Maybe I exaggerated….. It might cost $100-$200 in hosting fees to keep the site up and running, but I'm sure any contributions that come in more than cover this cost. (I still think the site serves a good purpose, so don't get me wrong)

The fact of the matter is that their are many people on this earth who will never have internet access, so their has to be more than simply trying to save people online (as well as over web forums). It simply isn't going to happen.

Maybe someday even you'll figure this out…..

There needs to be people meeting face to face with others and getting the information in their hands to read at their own time and place, regardless of where they live, and regardless if they have internet access.

I find it interesting that he's so proud of the 15million people that have downloaded one of his e-books……. since 1999. He states that 50% of the world have internet nowadays….so this is how he's going to reach the world with truth. (I feel bad for the poor people who don't have a shot, seeing as to how they may never get reached).

Obviously it would be much more costly to actually make real books and magazines compared to the web format, so from a cost prohibitive standpoint, as well as being a business man myself….I can truly appreciate these facts.

Like I said before…it's been many years since I've been a witness….but I came across a “dusty” 2000 JW yearbook (someone must have gave me one way back), anyway…..it's over 6 years ago, but kind of interesting……………

in the year 2000 this was the numbers for them……

1,026,706,628 copies of the watchtower and awake
    (yeah….that's over a billion, and that's over 6 years ago)

41,579,805 Books were made

71,221,759 brochures and booklets

All being done in 332 languages at that time……and not once is their ever a direct command to “TITHE” from this organization……people are simply asked to give what they wish…..to give freely to the efforts of this worldwide work.

Remember this was in the year 2000….(I'll have to find out what happened in 2006…I'd be curious)

I'll never for the life of me figure out how over 6 million people can stay so united in one cause……..but I believe I'm starting to figure it out…..and it certainly isn't happening because of any one or two men.

I just thought I'd share those numbers with you, as well as get back to you for correcting me like I don't know what I read when I read something.

Have a good night…I'm going to bed
    (and this time I actually am lol)

Take care!

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 12 2007,00:55)

Quote (quitarguingoverstupidstuff @ Feb. 12 2007,00:35)

Hi qa,
    Wrong again.

Whatever Nick.

Hi qa,
    This is what t8 says.
    You should read it again.
    “When christians want or allow a pastor to rule over them like a King, then what is the price? Not only will he take your sons and make them serve him, but he will take a tenth/tithe of your income in order to support his ministry. It has been said that most money that is donated to denominations is used in running the denominations. Not that much is given to the needy as you may think.

True giving is never under compulsion. But let each man decide in his own heart what he will give. We should be generous and help the needy. We should also help ministries that are in service for the King and his Kingdom.

We are free from the law and we are under God's grace. So we should give gracefully and not under compulsion.”

I don't deny this fact…and I agree…most churches take peoples money to make their fancy churches and cathedrals.

This is not right…..

but it is not true with witnesses…….so don't throw them in with your insults..

Good night!

david
    Participant

Hi qa,

Nick, he is referring to the site he just mentioned. Not this site. Before he has said the same thing in regard to that site, that he for some reason thinks it's a good site, but doesn't agree with everything on it.

Here's a good site:
    http://www.watchtower.org

david
    Participant

Then he went on to talk about that other site some more and said:

As far as t8 goes, I'm not following you…..

He's not following you because he's not talking about T8 and you falsely are.

Then, you say with regard to THIS site:

Hi qa,
    Wrong again.

You guys are having two different conversations.

charity
    Participant

Quote (kkg @ Feb. 10 2007,03:56)
    I'm just curious…Is there a religion, or biblical ” group” that does not believe in the Trinity?? Other than JW's. I am so perplexed by the ignorance in religion today. There must be an organization of intelligent beings that can be free to worship Our creator AND give praise to his son. I just want to have a relationship with God again without feeling guilty because I'm not worshiping the way MAN says I should. Does this make sense to any of you.

Rodger makes sence
    I JusT WENT ahead and worship God and praise his Son.
    No man made signs slapped on my head…

:) charity

Proclaimer
    Participant

Yes we can worship God in spirit and truth.

We don't need to sign up to a denomination.

:)

Not3in1
    Participant

Charity, it can get pretty lonely “out here” without a church to belong to. Especially if you have been brought up in the church, like me. Recently, I have found a little fellowship that meets in a house under the Church of God Abrahamic Faith. While I am not wanting to “belong” to any denomination anymore – this group does not believe in the Trinity. I have found some wonderful friends there. If you are interested, I could forward some information to you?

Not3in1
    Participant

Charity, I'm sorry, I see you were not the one looking for a church but you had a quote of someone who was. Oh, well. I'm new here. Hopefully, whoever was interested will read the post and reply if they want to.:)

charity
    Participant

Welcome Not3in1 and big salute to t8.. mr heaven net

Come as you are.
    SEVER CHRIST GARMENTS OF PRAISE FOR HEAVEYNESS

Rom 16:16 Salute one another with an holy kiss. The churches of Christ salute you.
    Rom 16:17 ¶ Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
    Rom 16:18 For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

charity
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Mar. 21 2007,06:17)
    Charity, it can get pretty lonely “out here” without a church to belong to.  Especially if you have been brought up in the church, like me.  Recently, I have found a little fellowship that meets in a house under the Church of God Abrahamic Faith.  While I am not wanting to “belong” to any denomination anymore – this group does not believe in the Trinity.  I have found some wonderful friends there.  If you are interested, I could forward some information to you?

Rodger that very lonley #”out here”#
    I am glad you have found some friends!

:D charity

Cult Buster
    Participant

t8

Yes we can worship God in spirit and truth.

We don't need to sign up to a denomination.

Just curious t8. Where do you assemble for worship?

Heb 10:25  Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 127 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account