Logic

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 800 total)
  • Author
    Not3in1
    Participant

Sorry, WJ, Thomas did not say, “My LORD, and my God.” You are wishful thinking here.

The LORD is reserved for God Almighty.

I do not know of a Bible that puts Thomas' claim of Lord in caps.

Not3in1
    Participant

If what Thomas did was not right then it would be considered Idolatry!
    True. But only if Thomas meant it in the way that you are hoping he did. There is not proof that he meant Jesus is God Almighty. You are only praying he did. Inference.

Quote (Not3in1 @ April 25 2007,17:27)
    If what Thomas did was not right then it would be considered Idolatry!
    True.  But only if Thomas meant it in the way that you are hoping he did.  There is not proof that he meant Jesus is God Almighty.  You are only praying he did.  Inference.

not3

I know that he did and so did John and Jesus, you put yourself against these three credible eyewitnesses.

You should really pray about this.

If you reject these truths then that would mean you can easily reject others.

:)

Not3in1
    Participant

I know that he did and so did John and Jesus

Were you there? Was John there? John wrote that we might know that Jesus was the Son of God – not God, himself.

But I will take your advice and pray about these things. I'm off to bed, and I will pray and ponder all I have heard tonight. Thanks for your concern. :)

Quote (Not3in1 @ April 25 2007,17:48)
    I know that he did and so did John and Jesus

Were you there?  Was John there?  John wrote that we might know that Jesus was the Son of God – not God, himself.

But I will take your advice and pray about these things.  I'm off to bed, and I will pray and ponder all I have heard tonight.  Thanks for your concern.  :)

Not3

Just ask your self why did not John or Jesus not address his statement, which would be a serious act of Idolatry?

And then John said these things hapenned as a “Sign”.

???

charity
    Participant

The first time I can find the phrase “Word” used in my bible is….
    Gen 15:1
    After these things the word of the LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I [am] thy shield, [and] thy exceeding great reward.

This is the second verse with “Word” 4th verse down

Gen 15:4
    And, behold, the word of the LORD [came] unto him, saying, This shall not be thine heir; but he that shall come forth out of thine own bowels shall be thine heir.

And John Is the only one to say this saying?

Jhn 1:1 ¶ In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

And God some what said to Abraham he was the beginning of this Word given from him many stars if thou number?

5th verse the word is given
    Gen 15:5 And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be.
    Gen 15:6 And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.
    Did

charity

Tim2
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ April 25 2007,17:24)
    Tim2,
    So every time the “Lord” is mentioned in Rev. it is referring to God?

Well since you all you non-Trinitarians love to quote 1 Corinthians 8:6 as proof that there is only one Lord, and the Lord is clearly God in this verse, then yes, every time Lord is used in Revelation, or in the New Testament for that matter, it is referring to God, otherwise there would be two Lords, which would contradict 1 Corinthians 8:6. So Jesus is the Lord, and the Lord is God. This means Jesus is God.

Tim

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tim2,
    Logic is a weak tool you should not rely on.
    But I am surprised you do not know the one appointed as lord for you.

charity
    Participant

Logic is a fearful thing
    When we are asked to rely and put our souls in trust of the prophets and fathers
    Thought I find if you believe in and faith in Christ that you shall and will lean on his father king David for he even had his Angel tell us that he himself was formed from a reliably source that will not fail us the Key
    Rev 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, [and] the bright and morning star.

charity

Quote (charity @ April 25 2007,18:57)
    After these things the word of the LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I [am] thy shield, [and] thy exceeding great reward.

And, behold, the word of the LORD [came] unto him, saying, This shall not be thine heir; but he that shall come forth out of thine own bowels shall be thine heir.

Jhn 1:1 ¶ In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

And God some what said to Abraham he was the beginning of this Word  given from him many stars if thou number?

Gen 15:5  And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be.
    Gen 15:6  And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.
    Did

charity

Charity

You say…

Would you say John is a liar?

Or was he misimformed?

Or did he not know what he meant in light of Jn 20:28?

???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    The Word WAS God.
    He is now the Son of God
    Do you really think he still is God?

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 26 2007,06:53)
    Hi W,
    The Word WAS God.
    He is now the Son of God
    Do you really think he still is God?

NH

Ahh so God stopped being God?

How is this possible NH?

If he is no longer what he was in being, then how could he know or remember anything he shared with the Father.

If he no longer is what he was in being, then that would mean that he didnt have a preexistance.

Then it wasnt an incarnation after all. The Word/God was no longer the Word/God nor was he the Word nor was he divine, in fact he is just a man like you and I.

Is this right NH?

???  ???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    We do not look at what is possible using LOGIC but by what is revealed.
    What have you found WAS God means from scripture?

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 26 2007,07:40)
    Hi W,

NH

If you can believe God ceased to be God, then why cant you believe he remained being God and Divine and took on the likeness of sinfull flesh?

Besides if what you say is true then there was no incarnation of the Word but “reincarnation”. This is heresy NH.

And is pure nonsence!

:O

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    Woops, you slipped into logic.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 26 2007,07:40)
    Hi W,

NH

John wrote “Was God” because he wrote concerning who the Word/God was before his human incarnation and the taking on of the likeness of sinfull flesh.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 26 2007,07:58)
    Hi W,

NH

So you do believe he was reincarnated!

:)

Hi W,

NH

Good to know that you believed that Yeshua “Was God”, who no longer is God.

So like the atheist you believe God died!

:D

Hi W,

NH

There is a difference between pure Godly logic and carnal human logic!

charity
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ April 26 2007,06:48)

Quote (charity @ April 25 2007,18:57)

And God some what said to Abraham he was the beginning of this Word  given from him many stars if thou number?

Gen 15:5  And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be.
    Gen 15:6  And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.
    Did

charity

Charity

You say…

Would you say John is a liar?

Or was he misimformed?

Or did he not know what he meant in light of Jn 20:28?

???

Hi WorshipingJesus

Mat 28:1 ¶ In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first [day] of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.
    Mat 28:2 And, behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it.
    Mat 28:3 His countenance was like lightning, and his raiment white as snow:
    Mat 28:4 And for fear of him the keepers did shake, and became as dead [men].
    Mat 28:5 And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified.
    Mat 28:6 He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.

Now John reports this leaving Mary with out Angels Instructions

Jhn 20:1 ¶ The first [day] of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, when it was yet dark, unto the sepulchre, and seeth the stone taken away from the sepulchre.
    Jhn 20:2 Then she runneth, and cometh to Simon Peter, and to the other disciple, whom Jesus loved, and saith unto them, They have taken away the Lord out of the sepulchre, and we know not where they have laid him.

John reports That Jesus said this…

Jhn 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and [of] the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

This also Born of water I cannot find said by others
    Being born again of a good seed or Bad …In other words all have seed and roots that shall be praised or destroyed
    He has taken on himself to say this is the Instructions of the Christ as his words…so ??

charity

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 800 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account