Logic

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 421 through 440 (of 800 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 06 2010,04:03)
    Hi,
    Logic has led to all the foolish theology we see hopefully presented here.
    Every man's logic is his own and his alone.
    'thy word is truth”

I have to disagree as in my opinion false revelations have led to most if not all of the foolish theology we see presented on these forums and elsewhere.

I will concede that individuals then use those untrue revelations to make arguments and those arguments may also be invalid as well as unsound.

The only time that flawed logic can come from true premises, i.e. revelations, is if the logic is invalid.

Is the word “logic” or a similar word even mentioned in scripture except for “logos” which is why they sound similar?

Here it an entry of the etymology of the word “logic”.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin……….Logic is indeed where LOGOS derives its term. But some think logic is not to be used for anyone else but them of course, ONLY there LOGIC or LOGO'S are the “TRUE LOGIC” Nick constantly down grades the Logic process as some “WORLDLY CONCEPT” BUT SCRIPTURE DOES NOT PRESENT LOGIC AND UNDERSTANDING THAT WAY AT ALL. We are told to row in GRACE (AND) KNOWLEDGE, Not to stagnate as some have. “As for knowledge it shall be done away with” (WHY) because we only see in (PART) and it will de done away with as More revelation is acquired , and the OLD is replaced with the New. This all show we are in a growing process and (NONE) of Us have it all yet or may never have it (ALL)> IMO

peace and love……………………gene

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ June 07 2010,02:06)
    Kerwin……….Logic is indeed where LOGOS derives its term. But some think logic is not to be used for anyone else but them of course, ONLY there LOGIC or LOGO'S are the “TRUE LOGIC” Nick constantly down grades the Logic process as some “WORLDLY CONCEPT” BUT SCRIPTURE DOES NOT PRESENT LOGIC AND UNDERSTANDING THAT WAY AT ALL. We are told to row in GRACE (AND) KNOWLEDGE, Not to stagnate as some have. “As for knowledge it shall be done away with” (WHY) because we only see in (PART) and it will de done away with as More revelation is acquired , and the OLD is replaced with the New. This all show we are in a growing process and (NONE) of Us have it all yet or may never have it (ALL)>  IMO

peace and love……………………gene

Gene

in your understanding of the “LOGIC”

explain this to me ;we are told to row in GRACE ..??

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Terrircca………..I certainly hope my understanding is Logical, If it is not that would make me an Idiot. You left off something in your quote to support you conclusions, It really Say's we are to “grow in Grace (AND) (KNOWLEDGE)”, and lets hope our knowledge does make sense or is Logical or we would just be Idiots right?

peace and love………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Should we accept scripture only if it does not offend us?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Should we, Nick?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ June 08 2010,07:35)
    Terrircca………..I certainly  hope my understanding is Logical, If it is not that would make me an Idiot. You left off something in your quote to support you conclusions, It really Say's we are to “grow in Grace (AND) (KNOWLEDGE)”, and lets hope our knowledge does make sense or is Logical or we would just be Idiots right?

peace and love………………gene

gene

would you call anyone that reject Gods truth a idiot ???

even if the guy is a engineer ??? or a Doctor ??

Pierre

Pastry
    Participant

To all

Why do you think Isaiah made this prediction?

Isa 11:9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.

Is the world full of the knowledge? how many are here on H N, and how many different opinions do you see?

Jer 31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

This will only happen in the millennium.

Georg

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Pastry @ Feb. 09 2012,19:46)
    To all

Isa 11:9   They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.  

Is the world full of the knowledge? how many are here on H N, and how many different opinions do you see?

Jer 31:34   And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.  

Georg

Georg

this is at the end wen all his of God wen dead is destroyed ,the second resurrection as been done only true believers ,

because the mountain that is talked about is mount Zion the heavenly Jerusalem

and I would not be surprised if this is addressed to the 144 k only

I mean both of those scriptures ,

I do not think it is for the Millennium

Pierre

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 09 2012,12:58)

To all

Isa 11:9   They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.  

Jer 31:34   And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.  

Georg

Georg

this is at the end wen all his of God wen dead is destroyed ,the second resurrection as been done only true believers ,

Pierre

I know you don't.

Georg

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Pastry @ Feb. 10 2012,05:40)

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 09 2012,12:58)

To all

Georg

Georg

Pierre

I know you don't.

Georg

georg

what can I say nothing :D :D wait and see :cool:

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Human wisdom is so reassuring.
    It comforts those not brave enough to seek the wisdom of God.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Nick,

Is it not human wisdom that allows you to be able to read the scriptures in the first place?

Is it not human logic that causes you to understand the words you read?

When Jehovah told Israel that He would bring a sword against them, is it not our own God-given logic that causes us to know He spoke of a mighty nation of warriors, and not of a giant, single sword?

Without our God-given wisdom and logic, reading the scriptures would be like reading Chinese writings. We wouldn't be able to make heads or tails out of it.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Yes eyes and ears begin the journey but sooner or later the Lord's heavenly wisdom must rule.

You must be transformed by a renewal of your hearts and minds.

Submission is hard

cf eph 4.23 Rom 12.2

mikeboll64
    Blocked

And is it not by our human wisdom and logic that we are able to understand what Eph 4:23 and Rom 12:2 are even teaching us?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    It should rather be the Spirit that reveals scripture.

Walk deeper into the river Ez47

mikeboll64
    Blocked

And against what do we test that spirit, Nick? And by what means do we test it?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Yes but not by the natural minds of men.
    That breeds denominations

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Then by what other means, Nick? Surely we can't test the spirit by means of the very spirit that might be masquerading as an angel of light. ???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    The Word.
    Not one verse theology but let the Word teach

Viewing 20 posts - 421 through 440 (of 800 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account