LIKE button

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    SimplyForgiven
    Participant

T8,
    I think everyone is taking the whole “like” thing to the extreme.
    ITs very simple, if you have a facebook you should understand that there is nothing negative about it.
    its really simple.

ITs by a post, not for a person, and SAVES alot of space! instead of saying “good post bob”
    just “like” the darn post and thats it,
    its shows your gratitude or your agreement with what that person said for that particular post and thats it.

its not mandatory,

kejonn
    Participant

Hehe, 3 pages of responses but sadly no one stopped to figure out that this is software that is no longer supported. I doubt you even find any mods to change the functionality.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Wow kejonn is really clever.

kejonn
    Participant

Just being realistic. They are asking for something they have no possibility of getting.

Proclaimer
    Participant

It could be done with Facebook or Google logins, but not with HN logins unless it was programmed in.
    Facebook Likes work for a web site or web page, so that means I cannot append the code to each post. WordPress has this functionality available in a number of plugins, but this board in written in Perl and WordPress is PHP, so I would have to pull through any plugin code in an iframe and adapt it to the new system. Probably too hard to match them with the members in the database though.

However,  executing some Javascript is very possible to enable this type of functionality. Personally speaking it could be done if it was really worth it, and I think it is a good idea. But do I hate hacking Perl scripts, because they are difficult, fickle, and very dependent on permissions and I am not sure how long it would take to do it either.

I will certainly look into it though.

Pastry
    Participant

t8 I have only come back to debate two times, and find the new set-up confusing, and I don't like it….
    ssorry wish all would go back like it was before….Peace and love Irene

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account