Laying on of Hands

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 189 total)
  • Author
    Marlin1
    Participant

I have shown you scriptures ,about the earth being the footstool before the throne of God ,IF I WOULD STAND ON THE EARTH I THEN WOULD STAND BEFORE GOD SITTING ON HIS THRONE ,THAT IS WHAT SCRIPTURES TELLS ME ,

Ps 99:5 Exalt the LORD our God
    and worship at his footstool;
    he is holy.

PS 132:7 Let us go into His dwelling place;
    Let us worship at His footstool.
    ISA 66:1 Thus says the LORD,
    “ Heaven is My throne and the earth is My footstool.
    Where then is a house you could build for Me?

Hi T,

That is an interesting way to see it.  I will just believe it the way it is written.  His throne is in heaven and so are those that are before His throne.

We, the natural man, worship at His footstool.  The Spiritual man is
    EPH 2:6 † And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

God Bless
    Marlin

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi M,
    Yes we are already seated in heavenly places.

Marlin1
    Participant

Hi Nick,

I don't believe it is an exception, to receive the Holy Ghost without the laying on of hands
    anymore then I believe that speaking in tongues, keeping a certain day is proof of receiving the Holy Ghost.
    But both have been and are still being taught as proofs.

Jesus said, He would build His church on the revelation of who He is and
    the man that was given the keys to the kingdom, bound it for all times in Acts 2:38…

Any other understanding and any other way then Acts 2:38 just won't work.

God Bless
    Marlin

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi M,
    Given the guidebook of ACTS how many times was the Spirit given without the laying on of hands?
    Once or twice?

Marlin1
    Participant

Given the guidebook of ACTS how many times was the Spirit given without the laying on of hands?
    Once or twice?

Hi Nick,

Acts 2:41, 2:47, 4:31, 5:15, 10:44, 16:15, 16:33, 18:8

the formula says Repent and be baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ and you SHALL receive the Holy Ghost.  It doesn't say and then lay on hands.

Just like it says them that believe will lay their hands on the sick and they shall recover.

It also says the pray of faith shall save the sick.

So is one way wrong and the other right?

God Bless
    Marlin

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi M
    You offer

Acts
    2:41 ??,
    2.47??,
    4:31 YES,
    5:15??,
    10:44YES,
    16:15 NO. water,
    16:33 NO. water,
    18:8 ??

So twice out of ? hundreds of Spirit baptisms are without the laying on of hands.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Marlin1 @ April 16 2012,19:46)

I have shown you scriptures ,about the earth being the footstool before the throne of God ,IF I WOULD STAND ON THE EARTH I THEN WOULD STAND BEFORE GOD SITTING ON HIS THRONE ,THAT IS WHAT SCRIPTURES TELLS ME ,

Ps 99:5 Exalt the LORD our God
    and worship at his footstool;
    he is holy.

PS 132:7 Let us go into His dwelling place;
    Let us worship at His footstool.
    ISA 66:1 Thus says the LORD,
    “ Heaven is My throne and the earth is My footstool.
    Where then is a house you could build for Me?

Hi T,

That is an interesting way to see it.  I will just believe it the way it is written.  His throne is in heaven and so are those that are before His throne.

We, the natural man, worship at His footstool.  The Spiritual man is
    EPH 2:6 † And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

God Bless
    Marlin

M1

good scripture,but is not to be applied here ,Eph 2;6 Paul is talking about the heavenly calling (144k) not all of Paul disciples ad that call in them ,but the work of God is the same for all ,and the spirit that changes us remain also the same ,just the call is different ,

Phil 3:14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
    Phil 3:15 All of us who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you.

so again I will call on scriptures and say that the earth his before the throne of God,just as he says .trough Christ ;MT 5:35 or by the earth, for it is the footstool of His feet,

AC 7:49 ‘HEAVEN IS MY THRONE,
    AND EARTH IS THE FOOTSTOOL OF MY FEET;

1CH 28:2 Then King David rose to his feet and said, “Listen to me, my brethren and my people; I had intended to build a permanent home for the ark of the covenant of the LORD and for the footstool of our God. So I had made preparations to build it.

WE ARE AT THE FOOT OF GOD ,WE STANDING ALL DAY AND ALL NIGHTS BEFORE GOD ,WHAT IS DIFFERENT BETWEEN SOME OF US IS THE WITHE ROBE THAT WE RECEIVE BECAUSE WE HAVE CLEANS OUR SELVES IN CHRIST SACRIFICE AND BELIEVE IN HIM .

Marlin1
    Participant

Hi T,
    I am trying to understand what you believe.
    but I don't quite understand.  

Paul was sent to the Gentiles, (US).  Is that right?

The 144,000 are Jews, so the scripture I gave you should be for the Gentile believers.

Where does it say that Eph 2:6 only applies to a few?

God Bless
    Marlin

Marlin1
    Participant

Acts
    2.47??,
    4:31  YES,

So twice out of ? hundreds of Spirit baptisms are without the laying on of hands.

Hi Nick,

ACTS 2:41 † Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

So you don't believe these received the Holy Ghost.

They new that the ones in Acts 8:15 hadn't received the Holy Ghost, so wouldn't they also know if these had received the Holy Ghost.

Those in Acts 19, Paul also new something was wrong and ask if they had the Holy Ghost.

3000 are added here by being baptized in the Name of the Lord Jesus.  If none of them received the Holy Ghost, would not they know.  They had fulfilled the requirement of Acts 2:38.

No hands required, only FAITH.

16:15 and 16:33 still apply,  They were still baptized, but no Laying on of Hands.

God Bless
    Marlin

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Marlin1 @ April 17 2012,13:42)

Acts
    2.47??,
    4:31  YES,

Hi Nick,

ACTS 2:41 † Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

So you don't believe these received the Holy Ghost.

They new that the ones in Acts 8:15 hadn't received the Holy Ghost, so wouldn't they also know if these had received the Holy Ghost.

Those in Acts 19, Paul also new something was wrong and ask if they had the Holy Ghost.

3000 are added here by being baptized in the Name of the Lord Jesus.  If none of them received the Holy Ghost, would not they know.  They had fulfilled the requirement of Acts 2:38.

No hands required, only FAITH.

16:15 and 16:33 still apply,  They were still baptized, but no Laying on of Hands.

God Bless
    Marlin

Hi M,
    Yes they would all have had hands laid on them to receive the Spirit according to the foundational teaching of the body of Christ [heb6]. Why would you assume otherwise?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Marlin1 @ April 17 2012,20:28)
    Hi T,
    I am trying to understand what you believe.
    but I don't quite understand.  

Paul was sent to the Gentiles, (US).  Is that right?

The 144,000 are Jews, so the scripture I gave you should be for the Gentile believers.

Where does it say that Eph 2:6 only applies to a few?

God Bless
    Marlin

M1

because Paul would go first to the Jewish synagogue in every city he comes ,read scriptures ,

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    So who are the US in Eph2?
    Are you among them or just an observer?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 17 2012,22:29)
    Hi T,
    So who are the US in Eph2?
    Are you among them or just an observer?

N

Eph 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God,

To the saints in Ephesus, the faithful in Christ Jesus:

got it ???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    Are you not one with them?
    Christ is not divided.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 17 2012,23:39)
    Hi T,
    Are you not one with them?
    Christ is not divided.

N

Still do not get it,???

Marlin1
    Participant

Yes they would all have had hands laid on them to receive the Spirit according to the foundational teaching of the body of Christ [heb6]. Why would you assume otherwise?

Hi Nick,

The laying on of hands to receive the Holy Spirit is man made dogma.  It was never a requirement of God.
    Scripture even shows that some received without.  3000 received the very first day,  nothing was said of laying on of hands.

I know when and How I received the Holy Ghost and there was no laying on of hands that brought it about.

God is moved by faith, not by the laying on of hands.

I believe that laying on of hands is fine and scriptural, but what it does is add the persons faith to the faith of the person that the hands are laid on.  It is still by faith, that anyone receives the Holy Ghost.  It is the same as laying on hands on the sick, it also is a faith multiplier.

Show me in Acts 2 where laying on of hands was a requirement?
    By you saying that to receive the Holy Ghost requires the laying on of hands is no different then

the false doctrine of you have the Holy Ghost if you yell and shout.   many yell and shout and don't have it.

or the false doctrine of you have the Holy Ghost if you speak in tongues.   many speak in tongues and don't have it.

God Bless
    Marlin

Marlin1
    Participant

because Paul would go first to the Jewish synagogue in every city he comes ,read scriptures ,

Hi T,

Paul wrote this to the Ephesian church, which was a gentile church.  For the Jews rejected Jesus.
    You are free to believe how you want, but that doesn't make it true.

The 144,000 are Jews and this epistle was written to the christian Church at Ephesus and the christian church is made up of all nations . Rev 7:9.

Where does it say the 144,000 Jews believe in Jesus Christ.  Rev 6.  The souls under the altar, these are of the 144,000 and they believe in the Word of God and their testimony. Not in Jesus Christ.

God Bless
    Marlin

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Marlin1 @ April 18 2012,13:57)

Hi Nick,

The laying on of hands to receive the Holy Spirit is man made dogma.  It was never a requirement of God.
    Scripture even shows that some received without.  3000 received the very first day,  nothing was said of laying on of hands.

I know when and How I received the Holy Ghost and there was no laying on of hands that brought it about.

God is moved by faith, not by the laying on of hands.

I believe that laying on of hands is fine and scriptural, but what it does is add the persons faith to the faith of the person that the hands are laid on.  It is still by faith, that anyone receives the Holy Ghost.  It is the same as laying on hands on the sick, it also is a faith multiplier.

Show me in Acts 2 where laying on of hands was a requirement?
    By you saying that to receive the Holy Ghost requires the laying on of hands is no different then

the false doctrine of you have the Holy Ghost if you yell and shout.   many yell and shout and don't have it.

or the false doctrine of you have the Holy Ghost if you speak in tongues.   many speak in tongues and don't have it.

God Bless
    Marlin

Hi M,
    You should go by what scripture teaches in Heb 6 and shows in Acts if God is your teacher. If nothing was said should you presume that the commands of God were not fulfilled?

Personal opinions carry less weight.

Experiences of men even less weight

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Marlin1 @ April 18 2012,21:10)

Hi T,

Paul wrote this to the Ephesian church, which was a gentile church.  For the Jews rejected Jesus.
    You are free to believe how you want, but that doesn't make it true.

The 144,000 are Jews and this epistle was written to the christian Church at Ephesus and the christian church is made up of all nations . Rev 7:9.

Where does it say the 144,000 Jews believe in Jesus Christ.  Rev 6.  The souls under the altar, these are of the 144,000 and they believe in the Word of God and their testimony. Not in Jesus Christ.

God Bless
    Marlin

M1

RO 11:17 But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive, were grafted in among them and became partaker with them of the rich root of the olive tree,
    RO 11:19 You will say then, “Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in.”
    RO 11:23 And they also, if they do not continue in their unbelief, will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again.
    RO 11:24 For if you were cut off from what is by nature a wild olive tree, and were grafted contrary to nature into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these who are the natural branches be grafted into their own olive tree?

you need to read more in scriptures

Marlin1
    Participant

Hi Nick,

You have made false doctrine out of scripture, just as I have showed you.

and by doing so you have turn into works, what is by faith in the finished work of Jesus. GRACE.

God Bless
    Marlin

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 189 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account