Keys

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 254 total)
  • Author

Quote (chosenone @ June 04 2008,17:35)
    We are termed “justified”,  do we still have to “repent”?  Now, from this grand perspective, let us seek to grasp the scriptural essence of the Greek verb dikaioõ, which, in English, is “justify.” First of all, let us note that the English adjective “just” (in Greek, dikaion) is the equivalent of the adjective “righteous,” which means, “to be conformed to right.” “Justify” is merely the verb corresponding to the adjective “just” or “right.” While there is no English verb which formally corresponds to the adjective “righteous,” nevertheless, the verb “justify” corresponds substantially to the adjective “righteous,” even as it is the formal correspondent of the adjective “just.”
    “Justify” is used definitively, and very strikingly, in Luke 7. Jesus declared, “ ‘A greater prophet, among those born of women, than John the baptist, there is not one. Yet the smaller, in the kingdom of God is greater than he.’ And hearing, the entire people, even the tribute collectors, justify God, being baptized with the baptism of John” (Luke 7:28,29).
    The entire people, “righteoused” God. That is, they declared Him to be righteous. Thus we see that “justification” is a pronouncement of righteousness. “Righteousness” is “the quality or state of being righteous, the status of one who is justified.” 1
    Consequently, we learn that, as those who are “justified,” our status is that of, in some sense, actually being righteous. Thus, whenever we read of or reflect upon the fact that we are “justified,” let our conception be that we are “declared righteous,” and that by God Himself.   No, we do not need to repent.

Blessings.

Oh, you better rethink that. We are still Sinners and we sin every day and if you think otherwise, the truth is not in you. Therefore we have to go through our Mediator Jesus Christ who is our perfect Sacrifice, and ask for forgiveness of our Sins. And God will forgive us immedently.
    Peace and Love Mrs.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    All have sinned….

chosenone
    Participant

Yes, but thank God, His Son has justified us through His death and ressurection. He (God), sees our sins no more. I believe God would not be pleased for us to keep asking for forgiveness, He would say “why did my Son have to suffer such a painfull, humiliating, mental anguish, and death by crucifition for the sins of the word, to justify all. And we ignore this loving gift of His, and keep asking for forgiveness?” Was this event useless and unnessesary? Could He have avoided all this if it was of no use? If just asking for forgiveness was all that was needed? Ask yourself, “what did Jesus accomplish if not justifying all?” Just thank God for this sacrifice and quit trying to do what was already done for us by Him.

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO.
    All have sinned.
    All are not justified.

chosenone
    Participant

So Christ died for nothing?

Blessings

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Your choice.

chosenone
    Participant

You didn't answer the question… Did Christ die for nothing?

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Co,
    Your choice.
    It is not magic.

chosenone
    Participant

I don't understand your answer..”Your choice”. Maybe I should refrase the question: In your opinion what was the purpose of Christs sacrafice?

Blessings

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,

This speaks to those who HAVE COME.
    You must COME.

Heb12

22But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

23To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

24And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

25See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:

26Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven.

27And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.

28Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:

29For our God is a consuming fire.

It is better to have passed over from judgement unto salvation and life before Christ returns.

Heb9
    26For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

27And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

28So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

Do join with Christ lest his sacrifice have no advantage for you.

chosenone
    Participant

You have quoted scripture but have avoided the question: “In YOUR opinion what was the purpose of Christs sacrafice”? In other words what did Christs sacrafice accomplish?

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Co,
    You must respond to make that purpose be fulfilled.
    Wisdom is justified by her children

chosenone
    Participant

I pose this question to anyone following this thread, “What in your opinion was the purpose of Christs sacrifice?” I have been having this discussion with Nick, but he dosn't seem to know the answer. I would be pleased with any input from anyone having an interest in this subject. Any and all opinions will be wellcomed.

Blessings.

chosenone
    Participant

Anyone?

Blessings

Participant

Quote (chosenone @ June 05 2008,10:23)
    You didn't answer the question… Did Christ die for nothing?

Blessings.

Unless you consider all those who will be saved by virtue of his sacrifice nothing then he died for nothing.

chosenone
    Participant

Thanks for your opinion, much appreciated. I believe that Christs sacrifice justified us all, without His sacrifice, non would be justified so no one would be saved.

Blessings.

chosenone
    Participant

Anyone else?

lineon
    Participant

Hi chosenone

Jesus died for US.
    'US' are only the one's that chose Him.
    The 'OTHRES' will be judged by their deeds/works. Rev 20:12

Lineon

chosenone
    Participant

Hi lineon.
    …that the purpose of God may be remaining as choice, not out of acts, but of Him (God) who is calling, …(Ro.9:11-12).

Blessings.

lineon
    Participant

Hi chosenone

I don't quiet understand your last post!

The way I read Rom 9. That God chooses who he wishes to choose. If He wants to use you as his pawn He will use you, no matter how hard you try not to be used.

Joh 15:16 God chooses us.
    Heb 12:5 God calls us His children
    Rev 21:7 If we CHOOSE to drink the water we will be victories.

I do believe God has a plan for us. I don't know what the plan is, many people speculate on this plan.

God does choose us!
    And we must choose God.

Lineon

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 254 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account