Kenrch cannot post

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 142 total)
  • Author
    kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Jan. 26 2008,19:25)
    Perhaps if they had interpreted the OT properly they would have recognised their Messiah.

“But Jesus answered and said to them, “You are mistaken, not understanding the Scriptures nor the power of God.” (Matthew 22:29)

Then show Jesus in the OT…if the Jews could not see him, perhaps Christians can?

Is 1:18
    Participant
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    We have no need to revisit our decision to follow Jesus. We have already decided that he is the Christ/Messiah because he said he was. His wisdom and reported deeds of power done in His Father's name were enough for us to lay that foundation stone and build on that scriptural foundation. We have seen His work in our lives and enjoyed the peace he brings.
    Faith builds on faith.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 27 2008,18:37)
    Hi KJ,
    We have no need to revisit our decision to follow Jesus. We have already decided that he is the Christ/Messiah because he said he was. His wisdom and reported deeds of power done in His Father's name were enough for us to lay that foundation stone and build on that scriptural foundation. We have seen His work in our lives and enjoyed the peace he brings.
    Faith builds on faith.

You have decided to follow Paul because the literalists won the political support of Rome (for political reasons) and therefore that became 'the word', notwithstanding the massive splintering that has occurred since. Humans can be immunised against questioning the absurdities of faiths such as christianity, and your post would seem to confirm that you have no critical capacity to analyse the benefits and weak points of adopting this particular belief system.

Stuart

acertainchap
    Participant

Kenrch did what was right for God and did not deserve to be unable to chat on these forums. I know that he got angry at times, but if he's unable to post, then I ask that my rights be taken away as well because kenrch never let me down and offered great incite into scripture that has helped us in more ways than not, if people will admit that or not.

Quote (acertainchap @ Jan. 28 2008,00:53)
    Kenrch did what was right for God and did not deserve to be unable to chat on these forums. I know that he got angry at times, but if he's unable to post, then I ask that my rights be taken away as well because kenrch never let me down and offered great incite into scripture that has helped us in more ways than not, if people will admit that or not.

What will it help ken if YOU stop posting? It will only hurt YOU.

Peace and Love Mrs.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Jan. 27 2008,21:14)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 27 2008,18:37)
    Hi KJ,
    Faith builds on faith.

You have decided to follow Paul because the literalists won the political support of Rome (for political reasons) and therefore that became 'the word', notwithstanding the massive splintering that has occurred since.  Humans can be immunised against questioning the absurdities of faiths such as christianity, and your post would seem to confirm that you have no critical capacity to analyse the benefits and weak points of adopting this particular belief system.

Stuart

Hi Stu,
    We made the decision as children aware only of the simplest things and God has blessed our decision with peace and insights into the beauty of His revelation.

We still do not know everything but it would make no difference if we did. It is enough for Christ to reveal the OT for us and to state that he was shown in the OT as he is our foundation stone.

Greeks love to order truth by logic so their minds remain as their masters and they are in control. God's sheep just listen for the voice of Shepherd of our souls.

As you say it is humanly absurd to believe.

But theirin is life.

Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Jan. 27 2008,14:00)

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Jan. 26 2008,19:25)
    Perhaps if they had interpreted the OT properly they would have recognised their Messiah.

“But Jesus answered and said to them, “You are mistaken, not understanding the Scriptures nor the power of God.” (Matthew 22:29)

Then show Jesus in the OT…if the Jews could not see him, perhaps Christians can?

Kj:

There were many Jews who did see and were saved during the ministry of Jesus and there are Jews who are being saved today.

True, there are those who did not see then and some do not see now, but to make a statement saying that the Jews did not see is not true.

Is 1:18
    Participant

Quite right SDN, I completely agree. I, of course, meant the unbelieving Jews.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (acertainchap @ Jan. 28 2008,00:53)

Chap,

With all due respect, I think you're being silly here. I understand wanting to stand-up for a brother, but in all honesty you were not here a lot of the times that were in question. T8 has made a fair call. We do have to live by some rules in life……

Ken continues to PM me and declare that he is the reason I have come back to Christ. He is not.

To be perfectly frank, I believe we have had more converstaions about God and his Word instead of the drama since Ken has left. I, for one, feel a lot more peaceful about being here. That doesn't mean that I haven't forgiven him; I have. But I would rather post in peace and not be under his judgement. I can deal with receiving a PM here and there, but the constant harassment here on HeavenNet while I am trying to learn and search was unbearable at times.

And thanks Irene for agreeing that it wasn't just because of me that Ken lost his rights. It wasn't just because of me. T8 said in a post that there were many who complained, and many who left because of him. What's done is done, in my opinion. I received a PM from Ken in response to my post where I said it wasn't my fault he lost his rights, and it was titled, “It wasn't?”. So, he continues to blame and harass. He would do the same here if his rights were restored, I'm afraid.

seekingtruth
    Participant

You can be angry and sin not. I believe that where some run afoul is they feel the need to win the argument (as if people can swayed by intellectual arguments), but I feel that only the Spirit can truly move someone from error to truth. It used to bother me that Paul would enter a town and as soon as he encountered opposition he left. But I now realize that it is our responsibility to present the truth and belaboring it does nothing but cheapen it, as if truth needs a defense. Yes we are to answer for the hope within us but I cannot shove it down someones throat, let the Spirit of God do His work.

My opinion – Wm

Stu
    Participant

hi Nick

We made the decision as children aware only of the simplest things and God has blessed our decision with peace and insights into the beauty of His revelation.

Children cannot know about the complex issues involved in giving away your intellectual integrity to a mythology of ‘salvation’, whatever that is. If you mean you are children metaphorically then I think the same applies except it is self-delusion.

We still do not know everything but it would make no difference if we did. It is enough for Christ to reveal the OT for us and to state that he was shown in the OT as he is our foundation stone.

You can’t have it both ways. You can’t agree with the portal pages to this site which say there is no such thing as an atheist due to lack of absolute knowledge, then claim that you do not know everything. You claim to have access to a being that knows everything, which is a most paranoid state of being. You must claim to know everything, or else you cannot claim to know of the true existence of mythical beings.

Greeks love to order truth by logic so their minds remain as their masters and they are in control. God's sheep just listen for the voice of Shepherd of our souls. As you say it is humanly absurd to believe. But theirin is life.

So why then do you believe what is absurd, aesthetically deadening and almost certainly no truer than the myths of Mithras?

Stuart

acertainchap
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Jan. 28 2008,20:37)
    You can’t have it both ways.  You can’t agree with the portal pages to this site which say there is no such thing as an atheist due to lack of absolute knowledge, then claim that you do not know everything.  You claim to have access to a being that knows everything, which is a most paranoid state of being.  You must claim to know everything, or else you cannot claim to know of the true existence of mythical beings.

How is having access to our Creator a paranoid state of being? Why would anybody save for God claim to know everything? That would be ridiculous to say. Nobody knows everything but people have the ability and reason to learn anything. Simply stated, having a personal relationship with God does not hinder our claims to honestly admit that we don't know everything but God does.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (acertainchap @ Jan. 29 2008,03:27)
    How is having access to our Creator a paranoid state of being? Why would anybody save for God claim to know everything? That would be ridiculous to say.

You have invented a creator that not only knows everything you think or do, but everything you will think or do in the future. You care about the consequences that you have invented for acting against the laws you have attributed to this chief of chiefs of all police states. That to me is the deepest paranoia there is. Why would anyone claim there is a supernatural being that knows everthing? That outdoes merely having a relationship with such a thing in the ridiculousness stakes.

Stuart

acertainchap
    Participant

God is real to me. :)

Quote (Stu @ Jan. 29 2008,05:33)

How is having access to our Creator a paranoid state of being? Why would anybody save for God claim to know everything? That would be ridiculous to say.

You have invented a creator that not only knows everything you think or do, but everything you will think or do in the future.  You care about the consequences that you have invented for acting against the laws you have attributed to this chief of chiefs of all police states.  That to me is the deepest paranoia there is.  Why would anyone claim there is a supernatural being that knows everthing? That outdoes merely having a relationship with such a thing in the ridiculousness stakes.

Stuart

Stu You don't understand God, because the Holy Spirit is not in you. Therefore you do not understand the things of God. And never will, til Christ will come and Satan has been put away, then you will see, mark my words.

Peace and Love Mrs.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (seekingtruth @ Jan. 28 2008,06:52)
    You can be angry and sin not. I believe that where some run afoul is they feel the need to win the argument (as if people can swayed by intellectual arguments), but I feel that only the Spirit can truly move someone from error to truth. It used to bother me that Paul would enter a town and as soon as he encountered opposition he left. But I now realize that it is our responsibility to present the truth and belaboring it does nothing but cheapen it, as if truth needs a defense. Yes we are to answer for the hope within us but I cannot shove it down someones throat, let the Spirit of God do His work.

My opinion – Wm

Good post seekingtruth.

I actually believe the same and it is a waste of time to convince some people.

But I do think that a forum on the WWW is different to a real life situation because others can visit the discussion at any time and even years later. This has to be taken into consideration and if we give up defending the truth because of the hard hearts, then they could just take over the discussion and other members would read and could be swayed toward a false view.

In a real life situation as opposed to a virtual one, a one off meeting with people that reject the gospel, isn't going to have repercussions later on if the truth is not defended.

That is my opinion and we are encouraged in scripture to defend the truth and convince people too.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (seek and you will find @ Jan. 29 2008,07:39)

Quote (Stu @ Jan. 29 2008,05:33)

You have invented a creator that not only knows everything you think or do, but everything you will think or do in the future.  You care about the consequences that you have invented for acting against the laws you have attributed to this chief of chiefs of all police states.  That to me is the deepest paranoia there is.  Why would anyone claim there is a supernatural being that knows everthing? That outdoes merely having a relationship with such a thing in the ridiculousness stakes.

Stuart

Stu You don't understand God, because the Holy Spirit is not in you. Therefore you do not understand the things of God. And never will, til Christ will come and Satan has been put away, then you will see, mark my words.

Peace and Love Mrs.

Is the holy spirit like some kind of virus? Does it give you special powers of knowing things? I don't think it does. Tell me one thing that you can know that I cannot, that is not just telling me the name of it.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (acertainchap @ Jan. 29 2008,06:46)
    God is real to me. :)

You are under the impression that he is real.

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    There is definitely and categorically no such thing as colour
    to a blind man.

No one can prove otherwise.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 142 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account