Justice: the biblical version

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 105 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Quote (WhatIsTrue @ Aug. 18 2010,14:21)
    Ed J,

Let's recap.  According to you:

His punishment = crucifixion (i.e. “first death” only)
    My punishment = “first death” and “second death”

Hi WIT,

If you repent then you will only face the first death.

Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Ed J
    Participant

Ed J,

Now let's review the relevant part of the Sinbad & Goodman story:

Let's say that it is well known in this fictitious little town that Goodman is from the realm of the undead, (i.e. he can not really be killed).  So, the real choice for the town is to kill Sinbad permanently, or to kill Goodman temporarily, allowing both Sinbad and Goodman to live out their natural (and unnatural) lives.  In other words, killing Goodman doesn't really punish anyone, because it doesn't really affect him in the same way at all.

Sure looks like I got that part right.

Hi WIT,

How does this garbled nonsense fit into anything of relevance?

Ed J

bodhitharta
    Participant

Marty and Francis

Jesus said that God does not condemn the guitless, it is not what he does

But if ye had known what this meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless.Matthew 12:6-8

But why is it you keep telling me God does condemn the guitless and that Jesus became a curse for you and what's worse is since you wrogly think that Jesus is God you call God cursed(what an evil belief)

Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Aug. 18 2010,15:40)
    Marty and Francis

But if ye had known what this meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless.Matthew 12:6-8

But why is it you keep telling me God does condemn the guitless and that Jesus became a curse for you and what's worse is since you wrogly think that Jesus is God you call God cursed(what an evil belief)

Hi BD:

Jesus is a man who was uniquely conceived by the Holy Ghost in the womb of the virgin Mary.

I never said that he is God. It was God in him (God in him by his Spirit) that he was obeying, and so he is “the express image of God's person”. God made man in “His own image”. The first man was made a “living soul”, that is a living person with a mind, a will, and emotions. The last Adam is like God in that through obedience to the Word of God he manifest God's character in this world through the life that he lives.

And I did not say that God condemned him. It was the religious leaders who accused him of Blasphemy, and crucifed him.

As I already told you Jesus obeyed God without sin in spite of what man could do to him, and therby, defeated he who had the power of death, that is the devil. If he had compromised the Word of God and sinned, then he would be eternally dead, but because he did not sin, God has raised him from the dead, and it is through him that there is a resurrection of the dead not only of the living, those who are a part of the body of Christ, but also, those who died in their sins in this last day. He is through his exaltation the judge of the living and the dead (those who died in their sins).

Again, I did not say that he is God. He is the “Only Begotten Son of the Living God, and His Christ”, that is what I said, and He is the head of the church, the body of Christ, and the judge of the living and the dead.

And so, do you want God's mercy or do you want justice. It is your choice. God made it this way, so that it would be a choice. He is not going to force you to do anything.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

francis
    Participant

Hello Marty and Asana…

It appears that we 3 agree that Jesus never sinned.  Am I correct?

And yet it also appears that you both do not believe that Jesus was both fully divine and fully human as mainstream Christianity teaches.  It appears that you both believe that Jesus was a man like the rest of us… and not God.

My question is simple.  How is it possible that a man never sins once in their entire lives?  Indeed, isn't it true that everyone has sinned, except Jesus?  But how is this possible if Jesus was not God as mainstream Christianity teaches?

So… with that question in mind, why Asana, don't you believe that Jesus was God (mainstream Christianity teaches that Jesus was both God and man)?  Indeed, I am not even aware that Muslims believe that Muhammad was completely sinless like Jesus was… do they?

And Marty… I know that you said Jesus was uniquely conceived by the Holy Ghost in the womb of the virgin Mary.  On that we can agree.  But why can't that phrase simply show that Jesus was God as mainstream Christianity teaches?   Indeed, who is the Holy Spirit to you if not God?  And If the Holy Spirit is God, then why wouldn't Jesus… the product of a unique conception by God (Holy Spirit) in Mary's womb… not be God?

Isn't it in the womb that DNA is mixed?  I'm not saying that God has DNA because God is immaterial in nature, but certainly, it wouldn't be beyond the creative powers of God to be able to create something akin to DNA so that he can fertilize Mary's eggs (so to speak) which would create a Jesus who is both fully God and man… couldn't He?  If God created the universe and people, certainly it seems reasonable that He could do such a thing in Mary's womb.  Couldn't He?

Or if you want, forget the DNA.  The question would still remain though.  Couldn't God somehow infuse Himself into or with Mary's eggs so that fertilization occurs?  That wouldn't appear to be beyond God's abilities.

Anyway… do you belong to a particular religion or Christian sect or Christian denomination?  I hope that I'm not being offensive by asking such questions.

I'm not asking for a debate.. .and I realize this question is offtrack… and so I apologize to everyone in here for this question.  But I'm just a naturally curious fellow, and I won't ask anymore questions because I don't want to sidetrack the discussion that is going on about Justice.

I just wanted to try and understand where you two are coming from.
    Respectfully
    Francis

Ed J
    Participant

Hey Guys,

Watch this important on topic video by Clicking Here.

Witnessing to the world in behalf of YHVH (Psalm 45:17)
    יהוה האלהים(JEHOVAH GOD) YÄ-hä-vā  hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm!
    Ed J (AKJV Joshua 22:34 / Isaiah 60:13-15)

Participant

Hi Francis:

This where I get my understanding, the scriptures say that Jesus is a man, not just any man mind you, he is the Son of the Living God, but nevertheless a man, who obeyed God without sin even unto death on the cross.  The Holy Spirit is God's Spirit, and not a third person of a tri-une God, and no, Jesus is not God, there is Only One God, the Father, Jesus is the Son of the living God.

Here are some scriptures to justify what I have stated:

1 Timothy 2:5 (King James Version)
    5For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

1 Co 2:7But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

8Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
    9But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
    10But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
    11For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

Psalm 139:6Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.

7Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?

8If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.

1 Co 1520But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.

21For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead

One more thing that you questioned.  The body of Christ is God's body, God's own flesh and blood, the temple of the Holy Ghost, God is a Spirit.

I hope that this helps you to understand the truth.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Aug. 19 2010,09:08)

Marty and Francis

Hi BD:

Jesus is a man who was uniquely conceived by the Holy Ghost in the womb of the virgin Mary.

I never said that he is God.  It was God in him (God in him by his Spirit) that he was obeying, and so he is “the express image of God's person”.  God made man in “His own image”.  The first man was made a “living soul”, that is a living person with a mind, a will, and emotions.  The last Adam is like God in that through obedience to the Word of God he manifest God's character in this world through the life that he lives.

And I did not say that God condemned him.  It was the religious leaders who accused him of Blasphemy, and crucifed him.  

As I already told you Jesus obeyed God without sin in spite of what man could do to him, and therby, defeated he who had the power of death, that is the devil.  If he had compromised the Word of God and sinned, then he would be eternally dead, but because he did not sin, God has raised him from the dead, and it is through him that there is a resurrection of the dead not only of the living, those who are a part of the body of Christ, but also, those who died in their sins in this last day.  He is through his exaltation the judge of the living and the dead (those who died in their sins).

Again, I did not say that he is God.  He is the “Only Begotten Son of the Living God, and His Christ”, that is what I said, and He is the head of the church, the body of Christ, and the judge of the living and the dead.

And so, do you want God's mercy or do you want justice.  It is your choice.  God made it this way, so that it would be a choice.  He is not going to force you to do anything.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Great post! Mercy is what God prefers and that is why I believe that Jesus was spared the Cross.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (francis @ Aug. 19 2010,10:24)
    Hello Marty and Asana…

It appears that we 3 agree that Jesus never sinned.  Am I correct?

And yet it also appears that you both do not believe that Jesus was both fully divine and fully human as mainstream Christianity teaches.  It appears that you both believe that Jesus was a man like the rest of us… and not God.

My question is simple.  How is it possible that a man never sins once in their entire lives?  Indeed, isn't it true that everyone has sinned, except Jesus?  But how is this possible if Jesus was not God as mainstream Christianity teaches?

So… with that question in mind, why Asana, don't you believe that Jesus was God (mainstream Christianity teaches that Jesus was both God and man)?  Indeed, I am not even aware that Muslims believe that Muhammad was completely sinless like Jesus was… do they?

And Marty… I know that you said Jesus was uniquely conceived by the Holy Ghost in the womb of the virgin Mary.  On that we can agree.  But why can't that phrase simply show that Jesus was God as mainstream Christianity teaches?   Indeed, who is the Holy Spirit to you if not God?  And If the Holy Spirit is God, then why wouldn't Jesus… the product of a unique conception by God (Holy Spirit) in Mary's womb… not be God?

Isn't it in the womb that DNA is mixed?  I'm not saying that God has DNA because God is immaterial in nature, but certainly, it wouldn't be beyond the creative powers of God to be able to create something akin to DNA so that he can fertilize Mary's eggs (so to speak) which would create a Jesus who is both fully God and man… couldn't He?  If God created the universe and people, certainly it seems reasonable that He could do such a thing in Mary's womb.  Couldn't He?

Or if you want, forget the DNA.  The question would still remain though.  Couldn't God somehow infuse Himself into or with Mary's eggs so that fertilization occurs?  That wouldn't appear to be beyond God's abilities.

Anyway… do you belong to a particular religion or Christian sect or Christian denomination?  I hope that I'm not being offensive by asking such questions.

I'm not asking for a debate.. .and I realize this question is offtrack… and so I apologize to everyone in here for this question.  But I'm just a naturally curious fellow, and I won't ask anymore questions because I don't want to sidetrack the discussion that is going on about Justice.

I just wanted to try and understand where you two are coming from.
    Respectfully
    Francis

I will not execute the fierceness of mine anger, I will not return to destroy Ephraim: for I am God, and not man; the Holy One in the midst of thee: and I will not enter into the city.
    Hosea 11:8-10

God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?
    Numbers 23:18-20

Luke 2:39-41 (King James Version)

39And when they had performed all things according to the law of the Lord, they returned into Galilee, to their own city Nazareth.

40And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, filled with wisdom: and the grace of God was upon him.

There is 100% proof unless you say that “God” would need the grace of God upon Himself

bodhitharta
    Participant

By the way Jesus didn't say all are sinners that is something we were taught but Jesus said clearly:

I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
    Luke 5:31-33

When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
    Mark 2:16-18

But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
    Matthew 9:12-14

Notice Jesus is not saying “I came to call everyone to repentence for all are sinners”?

Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Aug. 19 2010,13:09)

Marty and Francis

Hi BD:

I never said that he is God.  It was God in him (God in him by his Spirit) that he was obeying, and so he is “the express image of God's person”.  God made man in “His own image”.  The first man was made a “living soul”, that is a living person with a mind, a will, and emotions.  The last Adam is like God in that through obedience to the Word of God he manifest God's character in this world through the life that he lives.

And I did not say that God condemned him.  It was the religious leaders who accused him of Blasphemy, and crucifed him.  

As I already told you Jesus obeyed God without sin in spite of what man could do to him, and therby, defeated he who had the power of death, that is the devil.  If he had compromised the Word of God and sinned, then he would be eternally dead, but because he did not sin, God has raised him from the dead, and it is through him that there is a resurrection of the dead not only of the living, those who are a part of the body of Christ, but also, those who died in their sins in this last day.  He is through his exaltation the judge of the living and the dead (those who died in their sins).

Again, I did not say that he is God.  He is the “Only Begotten Son of the Living God, and His Christ”, that is what I said, and He is the head of the church, the body of Christ, and the judge of the living and the dead.

And so, do you want God's mercy or do you want justice.  It is your choice.  God made it this way, so that it would be a choice.  He is not going to force you to do anything.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Great post! Mercy is what God prefers and that is why I believe that Jesus was spared the Cross.

Hi BD:

Hopefully, God will open your eyes and your heart to see the truth because you are wrong, because if you do not repent you are in for a rude awakening.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Aug. 19 2010,13:26)

Marty and Francis

Hi BD:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi BD:

Hopefully, God will open your eyes and your heart to see the truth because you are wrong, because if you do not repent you are in for a rude awakening.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

But I have repented and I also repent everyday when I pray and ask God to forgive me for anything that I may have done that displeased HIM, Don't you pray?

Pray without ceasing.
    1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

WhatIsTrue
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 18 2010,10:20)

Ed J,

Hi WIT,

Is that why Jesus only faced the first death, because he repented?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (WhatIsTrue @ Aug. 19 2010,14:17)

Ed J,

Hi WIT,

He got baptized for the remission of sins

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (WhatIsTrue @ Aug. 19 2010,14:17)

Ed J,

Hi WIT,

Hi WIT,

2Cor.5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin;
    that we might be made the righteousness of God in him. (Rom.4:25)

יהוה האלהים (JEHOVAH GOD) YÄ-hä-vā  hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm!

Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Aug. 19 2010,14:12)

Marty and Francis

Hi BD:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi BD:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

But I have repented and I also repent everyday when I pray and ask God to forgive me for anything that I may have done that displeased HIM, Don't you pray?

Pray without ceasing.

Hi BD:

Repent and believe the gospel. The blood of Jesus is the propitiation for your sins, and mine, and of the whole world.

This is the way God has chosen to have mercy on those who believe His testimony regarding giving us His Only Begotten Son.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

WhatIsTrue
    Participant

Ed J,

I think we're done here.  Just like with Marty, you and I are going around the same circle.  As far as I am concerned, you have completed evaded my point, but that is your prerogative.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (WhatIsTrue @ Aug. 19 2010,14:58)
    Ed J,

I think we're done here.  Just like with Marty, you and I are going around the same circle.  As far as I am concerned, you have completed evaded my point, but that is your prerogative.

Hi WIT,

When you ready to learn about the God of the whole earth just ask!
    Mt.7:7-8 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock,
    and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth;
    and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

יהוה האלהים (JEHOVAH GOD) YÄ-hä-vā  hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm!

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Aug. 19 2010,14:34)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Aug. 19 2010,14:12)

Marty and Francis

Hi BD:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi BD:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Pray without ceasing.

Hi BD:

Repent and believe the gospel.  The blood of Jesus is the propitiation for your sins, and mine, and of the whole world.

This is the way God has chosen to have mercy on those who believe His testimony regarding giving us His Only Begotten Son.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

The Gospel is The Gospel of The Kingdom of Heaven, do you not believe in this Gospel?

Did Jesus preach repentence for the remission of sins or did Jesus preach he was a sin offering?

And why is Jesus saying “Ye would have not condemned the guiltless” when clearly you are saying and believing YOU MUST CONDEMN THE GUILTLESS you said it's the only way

Why is Jesus calling his “fate” wrong? If it is to save the entire world why is Jesus disputing what they were going to do to him?

So many parables Jesus taught and yet you seem to miss out on what's right before your eyes.

shimmer
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Aug. 19 2010,20:36)
    So many parables Jesus taught and yet you seem to miss out on what's right before your eyes.

Bod bod bod, still trying to change people, still trying to get them to believe that Islam is the only way, still trying to get them to see what you believe is the truth, you do not see what others are saying to you, because all that you see is your own way, you have pushed away what you knew and taken something else, and now you want others to do the same, but Why ? They are fine with what they have,

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 105 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account