Just brought to my attention

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 727 total)
  • Author
    princess
    Participant

You would think, T8/Mike that since you send warnings out that you would use the same format when you change a person status, it would be the most logical thing to do.

Really, I would have probably not noticed, but it was brought to my attention.

For such occasions one would take it that a template would be available to send out.

Really it makes no matter to me, however common courtesy seems to be lacking in the matter.

Then again, it is just a passing thought. Doesn’t change the fact that I am highly favored, blessed, loved and still a princess. Which is really what matters.

shimmer
    Participant

Moderators,

What if someones skeptical about christians but not about Christ? Are they a skeptic?

What if someones having a bad day. And they say something. Are they then classed as a skeptic, without going to them and ASKING?

Didn't Peter deny Christ three times?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (princess @ Dec. 07 2011,18:44)
    Doesn't change the fact that I am highly favored, blessed, loved…………

By whom? I've always assumed you meant “by Jehovah God Almighty” when you said that. Now I don't even know who or what you think highly favors you.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (shimmer @ Dec. 07 2011,22:42)
    Moderators,

What if someones skeptical about christians but not about Christ? Are they a skeptic?

What if someones having a bad day. And they say something. Are they then classed as a skeptic, without going to them and ASKING?

That is an interesting point for t8, Shimmer. He handles the classifications.

princess
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 09 2011,11:16)

By whom?  I've always assumed you meant “by Jehovah God Almighty” when you said that.  Now I don't even know who or what you think highly favors you.

Thats right I forgot you can physically explain your male deity.

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ Dec. 08 2011,15:42)
    Moderators,

Greetings Shimmer …. Yes he did ! Just as we do every day when we sin against God … We are all skeptics…. otherwise why the curiousity as to who or what do each of us believe in this forum…. This forum is a celebration of skepticism…

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (princess @ Dec. 08 2011,20:49)

By whom?  I've always assumed you meant “by Jehovah God Almighty” when you said that.  Now I don't even know who or what you think highly favors you.

I don't understand your reply, or why you would post those words as an answer to my question. ???

shimmer
    Participant

Quote (theodorej @ Dec. 10 2011,00:20)

Quote (shimmer @ Dec. 08 2011,15:42)
    Moderators,

Greetings Shimmer …. Yes he did !  Just as we do every day when we sin against God … We are all skeptics…. otherwise why the curiousity as to who or what do each of us believe in this forum…. This forum is a celebration of skepticism…

Hi Theodore,

Yeah, good one.

I said something just the other day which could very well look like I should be classed as a “skeptic”. But it was just the way I was feeling in the moment. I was also very skeptical when I questioned the eternal hell torment doctine. I took it to God eventually.

bodhitharta
    Participant

The way people are classified here doesn't even make sense and begs for people to be hypocrites just so they can stay in the fold. Why make it where only people whom you decide should have a view have a view? Think about it what's the difference between disagreeing wit a particular doctrine and disagreeing with all doctrine? All honesty gets tossed out in this big division, is there some big reward if someone like Stu says I confess that I am a sinner and have now turned my life over to Christ will you lift his restrictions and let him post everywhere freely?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (princess @ Dec. 09 2011,20:49)

Princess

There always two reasons for your success in live and in what you do,

Good and bad fulfill there individual ceremony with all the attachments,

God make it rain on the good and the bad alike,

So if you have success in live be careful of what you think in your heart,you may be deceiving you self,

Many false preacher have glorious success with there flock and there bank account,

But to think that it comes from heaven this is another story,

Comedy is very popular so are con artists,

Pharaon was very successful in the time of Moses,but it was not for a blessing,

LAZARUS was poor and sick but in the end it was a blessing to him

Wath God the true God Jehovah ,gives is for you to understand that he support you ,but it is not to profit from it,

Pierre

shimmer
    Participant

Well said Terra.

Princess, We go through hard times with belief but I feel you will be ok. I'v always thought you'll be ok. Many people can fake it, as Bod said or be cons as Terra said. Your real.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (bodhitharta @ Dec. 09 2011,22:57)
    The way people are classified here doesn't even make sense and begs for people to be hypocrites just so they can stay in the fold. Why make it where only people whom you decide should have a view have a view? Think about it what's the difference between disagreeing wit a particular doctrine and disagreeing with all doctrine? All honesty gets tossed out in this big division, is there some big reward if someone like Stu says I confess that I am a sinner and have now turned my life over to Christ will you lift his restrictions and let him post everywhere freely?

Asana,

Personally, I don't want to be in the middle of a scriptural discussion with you, and have Stu pop in spouting off about our “magical, mythological, imaginary friend”, (like he did during one of our recent discussions).  That would become old and distracting very quickly.

I think t8 made a good choice separating those of us who want only to discuss spiritual things according to cannonized scripture from those of us who want to answer to atheists, and others whose views of God are secular to cannonized scripture.

If I'm discussing John 1:1 with someone here, I don't necessarily care to hear what the Quran has to say about it.  And I don't need Stu popping in saying, “What God?” over and over.  I want to discuss John 1:1 with others who adhere to the words of cannonized scripture – not with those here who don't even consider the cannonized scriptures to be “real”, or “true”.  I don't want to hear from people telling me John 1:1 is not even true, because what really happened is that the Zen God said this, and then created fairy goblins that said that, etc.

Why should I, a person who wants to learn more deeply about scripture, have to spend my time fending off the things said by those who don't even consider the OT and NT to be scripture?

peace,
    mike

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 11 2011,02:52)

Asana,

Personally, I don't want to be in the middle of a scriptural discussion with you, and have Stu pop in spouting off about our “magical, mythological, imaginary friend”, (like he did during one of our recent discussions).  That would become old and distracting very quickly.

I think t8 made a good choice separating those of us who want only to discuss spiritual things according to cannonized scripture from those of us who want to answer to atheists, and others whose views of God are secular to cannonized scripture.

If I'm discussing John 1:1 with someone here, I don't necessarily care to hear what the Quran has to say about it.  And I don't need Stu popping in saying, “What God?” over and over.  I want to discuss John 1:1 with others who adhere to the words of cannonized scripture – not with those here who don't even consider the cannonized scriptures to be “real”, or “true”.  I don't want to hear from people telling me John 1:1 is not even true, because what really happened is that the Zen God said this, and then created fairy goblins that said that, etc.

Why should I, a person who wants to learn more deeply about scripture, have to spend my time fending off the things said by those who don't even consider the OT and NT to be scripture?

peace,
    mike

Hi Mike :)

The problem is there is a large spectrum I know that we have benefited from talking together but there were many times you were conversing in the believers section and I was forbidden to take part in conversations that could have been beneficial to everyone.

I am glad that you have taken the time to converse in other sections but it is mostly a hindrance to not be able to communicate freely across all lines it really doesn't matter if Sto pops in and says somethng because we can if we choose to, ignore him. Sometimes even focusing on what Stu is saying can even help you greatly I know it has for me because when someone says something I want to really understand where its coming from and why.

Stu may be one of the most zealous people here and I'm talking about in wanting to “know” the truth or untruth of God. In his mind he is having his own spiritual struggle if he wasn't he wouldn't even post at all and since there is no across the board concensus of belief here why is he then condemned for being simply on one side of this huge spectrum on the other side are people who believe almost anything and everything so he is simply saying if some of you can believe in any and everything why can't I believe in nothing?

How do we suppose that taking away his freedom of intellectual and spiritual curiosity amounts to Godliness on our part? For if we were at any time in the state of disbelief (but are grateful that we were able to explore and find now what we so dearly hold as self evident) It was that very same intellectual and Spiritual curiosity and yes even argument that has brought us into belief.

God has always had believers intermingling with nonbelievers so do we know better than God or his servants Jesus and the prophets?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Good post, Asana.  I cannot refute any of your many points.  

Perhaps t8 will read your post and offer some insight.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 11 2011,11:54)
    Good post, Asana.  I cannot refute any of your many points.  

Perhaps t8 will read your post and offer some insight.

That would be wonderful if he could do that :)

Ed J
    Participant

Hi BD,

How come your tile was never removed?

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 11 2011,09:52)

Asana,

peace,
    mike

bd

I do not agree to unit all ,this would make it to difficult to control and it then be on the good will of the participants to be courteous ,what is difficult to do with extreme views,

Tolerance of non believer is one thing be mixt to what point 60/100 or 80/100%. Remember scriptures says that Israel ad to treat all Gentiles inside their borders equally and they would be threaded equally for what ever they may do or not do,

Paul also puts a certain restriction of tolerance to the unbelievers,
    Believers can only go in one direction forward,to maturity at what ever speed you can go,but forward we go,in scriptures knowledge that is ,not in general world views and ways of live and his standards,who are ungodly.

Example a what has a Muslim in common from scriptures that can be given to a true Christian to improved in understanding about Gods own words ,??

Same thing with an unbeliever what is there in common ??beside ,working,eating,walking,learning for a living,ect

It is already uneasy with some of Christians that just believe and do not even check scriptures to see if what they say is true to the word of God,

I am for to keep separation as it is ,

Pierre

:) :)

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Dec. 11 2011,14:42)
    Hi BD,

How come your tile was never removed?

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

I have no idea

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 11 2011,19:46)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 11 2011,09:52)

Asana,

peace,
    mike

bd

I do not agree to unit all ,this would make it to difficult to control and it then be on the good will of the participants to be courteous ,what is difficult to do with extreme views,

Tolerance of non believer is one thing be mixt to what point 60/100 or  80/100%. Remember scriptures says that Israel ad to treat all Gentiles inside their borders equally and they would be threaded equally for what ever they may do or not do,

Paul also puts a certain restriction of tolerance to the unbelievers,
    Believers can only go in one direction forward,to maturity at what ever speed you can go,but forward we go,in scriptures knowledge that is ,not in general world views and ways of live and his standards,who are ungodly.

Example a what has a Muslim in common from scriptures that can be given to a true Christian to improved in understanding about Gods own words ,??

Same thing with an unbeliever what is there in common ??beside ,working,eating,walking,learning for a living,ect

It is already uneasy with some of Christians that just believe and do not even check scriptures to see if what they say is true to the word of God,

I am for to keep separation as it is ,

Pierre

:)  :)

I can understand if the restriction is contextual such as in this section we only talk about Biblical Scripture or in this thread we talk about other scriptures or Holy books but This site doesn't seperate context it seperates people. If a section is limited to only Biblical scriptures then it would be reasonable to censure someone violating that rule

princess
    Participant

Shimmer, how are you woman of purpose? You know me I will not fret over my status being changed, tis not like me. T8's decision was not out of any ill will, and I hold nothing against him for it.

By the true definition of a christian I am not one and this being a christian forum………as of much I have posted in the skeptics section for the most part of the year.

I have taken on beliefs from many faiths, and believe me I have tried and cannot find the 'faith' I belong to. Which is fine, I used to get upset over the matter, and at times in my life, did things that I knew were wrong but did them anyhow to save face with the crowd, now tis not the case. Which is by no means a bad thing.

It seems that either it is all or nothing with religion, and I am just not the type they are looking for. Now it is showing even more even through a internet connection. Which brings me to believe that there is more to come and learn, we are always prepared before we are to continue.

When one has established a truth to them, only a profound moment will either strenghten or bring to light what is to be known. I have my current understand and until a moment changes this understanding it will continue to be a common to me.

Thank you though, for being considerate towards me. As always much love to you and yours Kar.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 727 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account